Vinylmation Collectors Unite!!

Went to D'Street today and was kind of disappointed. I thought it would have Vinyls that are not carried everywhere else. It's basically the same Vinyls that are everywhere else. Its a cool store though, the way the displays and everything are. I should post pictures I took!!

I even asked the two CMs there about the Frankenstein and Bride set and neither of them knew anything about them.

I checked on the Frankenstein/Bride set when I got back to the hotel, and apparently it's online only. I missed that part. DOH!!

The Frankenstein set is a Disney store exclusive. So it's only available there or online, just like the robots set.

Heading to the parks in mid-October...what vinylmation sets are currently on sale in the parks/Downtown Disney? Anything that's not currently available on the Disney Store website?

I went literally everywhere that had Vinyls and we wound up just buying a few of the Good luck Bad luck keychains and beefing up our Muppets collection. I bought the Kermit 9" and the Viking 9" and a TON of other Vinyls. Now feeling guilty for spending that much $ on them.

I went literally everywhere that had Vinyls and we wound up just buying a few of the Good luck Bad luck keychains and beefing up our Muppets collection. I bought the Kermit 9" and the Viking 9" and a TON of other Vinyls. Now feeling guilty for spending that much $ on them.

Don't have buyers remorse. That's how lonely vinyls end up on e-Bay.;)

We have so much Disney stuff now and didnt know where to put it. We turned one of the rooms in our house into a closet/dressing room so we are gonna Disney theme that out with shelves for all our souvenirs. I have probably four display boxes full of vinyls (the ones from the Container Store)

I need help. I've ordered some vinylmations on the Disneystore site so my kids can trade them when we go in December. I just ordered 10 of the same ones so the kids can basically have the fun of trading them like they do their pins. Could anyone please tell me or give me the site that shows the all areas at Disneyworld where they trade these? Also, does anyone have any favorite spots where they traded or are they all pretty much the same? Thank you so much!!:goodvibes

I need help. I've ordered some vinylmations on the Disneystore site so my kids can trade them when we go in December. I just ordered 10 of the same ones so the kids can basically have the fun of trading them like they do their pins. Could anyone please tell me or give me the site that shows the all areas at Disneyworld where they trade these? Also, does anyone have any favorite spots where they traded or are they all pretty much the same? Thank you so much!!:goodvibes

Not sure where the maps are, but Vinylnation.net is a good place to start to look.

From experience, the Art of Disney on Main Street has a blind box. The shop that acts as the dump store for Stitch's Great Escape and is next to the ice cream shop has a blind box. The store in Frontierland that sells pins also has a blind box. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. As of Memorial Day the shop at the end of Space Mountain had their blind box removed.

Thank you very much!! One more question if you don't mind...for the stores that trade-do some just have a blind box, glass case, or both?

Thank you very much!! One more question if you don't mind...for the stores that trade-do some just have a blind box, glass case, or both?

Yes. :rotfl::rotfl:

Some stores just have the open (clear boxes). Some have just the blind box. Some have both.

We had a dozen traders in February. We took three a day in our park bag and traded as we went. That way, if we went to eat at a resort, and there was a trader box, we could trade then too. If it was one we already had or didn't care for, it was just fodder for further trading.

It seems as though different cast members have different 'rules' and vary on how strict they are.

Thanks again. A good number would be to take 3 a piece then for the kids? I'm planning to maybe go to one park in the morning and a different one at night. The'll also be pin trading I'm sure.

Yesterday my wife wanted to go to the public day of a D23 event at WDW. She and her friend wanted to get the new "Empress Lilly" 9". While we were there, I took some pics...

goof.jpg

The next Christmas 3 inch...

fandw.jpg

The new 2011 Food & Wine vinyl... (yawn)...

asst.jpg

Thought the new "shapes" and additions were neat. Figment has a clear plastic space helmet!

group.jpg

To the left of the mustard at the bottom is a tribute to "Kitchen Kabaret"

alice.jpg

Interesting new collection of "Alice in Wonderland"

aliceart.jpg

The art from "Alice"

nines.jpg

New 9 inchers!

Yesterday my wife wanted to go to the public day of a D23 event at WDW. She and her friend wanted to get the new "Empress Lilly" 9". While we were there, I took some pics...

goof.jpg

The next Christmas 3 inch...

fandw.jpg

The new 2011 Food & Wine vinyl... (yawn)...

asst.jpg

Thought the new "shapes" and additions were neat. Figment has a clear plastic space helmet!

group.jpg

To the left of the mustard at the bottom is a tribute to "Kitchen Kabaret"

alice.jpg

Interesting new collection of "Alice in Wonderland"

aliceart.jpg

The art from "Alice"

nines.jpg

New 9 inchers!

OMG love the Christmas Goofy!!!!

The new F&W one does look a little boring....

I did see some of the previews for new Animation and Park 7 during D23 Expo ans definitely going to collect those.

Not too sure about the Alice in Wonderland. and I have refused to get 9inchers, just because! LOL! Tho, I did pick up the NYC ones. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting!

So DBF and I first became interested in Vinylmations back in 2009. On our trip to WDW, we bought a bunch and brought them back as souvenirs for friends and family. But we didn't get any for ourselves. Since then, we love looking at the different designs whenever we go to WDW or our local Disney Store. But we never got into collecting them... until now!

That's right... I've given in and started collecting Vinylmations! And I'm completely addicted!

And while DBF isn't interested in collecting them for himself, he is at least interested in my new addiction! Whenever I buy new ones, he's always curious to see what I get!

I love the Alice ones.

Here are the ones we got recently (two weeks ago) while at WDW

d13.jpg

Viking 9"

d12.jpg

Kermit 9"

d10.jpg

Good Luck Bad Luck Key Chains

d9.jpg

Magick Kingdom and the black one has rides from all of the parks on it

d7.jpg

Muppets - we decided to try to complete the muppet series collection. Although I just wanted Janice and we never got her yet

d4.jpg

More Muppets - at least we got Miss Piggy from Pigs in Space

D3.jpg

Epcot

D2.jpg

German and France flags

This is only about half of what we bought/acquired through trading. I didnt take pictures of all them.

We are going to turn our closet/dressing room into a Disney themed room so we need to get shelves for all of the Vinyls, etc to sit on. So then I'll take pics of the whole collection.

Help!! Please get us out of this box!!

We are being held in a box that smells like it came from the jungle. (Lion King) We occaisionally see light when some of us get taken for a ride to a trading post. (Disney Store) Please adopt us (Trade) and give us a good home - we are potty trained! (Clean & smoke free)

HAVE
Security Bot
Ignition Bot
Communications Bot
Yellow Tonal Topper
Brown/Bronze Tonal Topper
Big Eyes Marie & Animation Marie
SW Lando
HAL Clock Tower
MIB Pie Eyed Mickey & NBC Pumpkin King
Yellow Rain, Purple Snow, Squirrel, & Tiger cutesters too kids
Cutesters like you Panda, Hero
Urban 7 Disturbz
Muppets Guy with Blue suit, Bean Buddy
Animation Quasimodo

9"/3" SnowGlobe set
9" Graffiti
9" I Luv NY (t-shirt)
9" DCL DREAM
9/3" 20K Leagues
9/3" Gonzo
9" Salvage Bot
9/1.5" Rafiki

WANT (please)
Am looking for various 9" (Up, Alien Encounter, Matterhorn, DL 55, etc)
Santa, Waldo, Gryffon chasers
purple/solid variant Animation chasers
2011 Halloween
AP Ariel

Will trade my 9" for multiple 3" or vice versa

Great pictures from the event! I love that Philharmagic one. Awesome.

Tinkerboy, you got some nice pick-ups. I like the one with the park icons all over it. I'm tempted to get that one when I go in October (along with a bunch of other ones...:rolleyes1).

Hi All! :flower3:

If any of you are interested....

Sept 24, Saturday, Bryant Park in NYC at 1pm (or earlier?)

We have an event set up on Facebook under "Mousetraders NYC"

Perhaps a stroll to disney store and/or Earl of Sandwich might also be in order... :goodvibes

My favorite Disney movie is Pete's Dragon. I saw one of these on line, and did not buy it. Thought I would get it when I was in the world in May of last year. Could not find it. Does anyone know where I could pick this one up. Thanks

My favorite Disney movie is Pete's Dragon. I saw one of these on line, and did not buy it. Thought I would get it when I was in the world in May of last year. Could not find it. Does anyone know where I could pick this one up. Thanks

I know they still had 9" Elliot Vinyls when I was there over Memorial Day. And I am pretty sure I saw some in California over Labor Day. They aren't on the DisneyStore.com any longer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter