Vacation Tips for Women! :)

I had seen something on an older comment in this thread about getting an additional wearing out of undies by wearing them inside out the second time.

I can't think of one good reason to justify recycling my undies - the words "Ugh! Gross! and Unhygenic" come to mind. There are a couple of better alternatives:

1. Pack enough undies to last you for the duration of the trip
  2. Travel with undies that you can wash quickly in the shower or the sink (hotel supplied shower gel works!), squeeze out excess water in a towel and hang to dry in the shower. If you do this every time you shower you should always have a supply of fresh undies, and you can get away with packing less.
  3. Wear panty shields - the undies will be fresher because there isn't direct contact between your privates and the panty! (TMI, but hey, we should be able to share frankly in a discussion for women)

I use spray deoderant under my breasts- I have rather large ones and I hate the feeling of sweaty tata's- I love shower fresh powder in the summer.

Monistat makes a non chafing gel that is wonderful too- I actually use it as a make up base. :lmao:

Just have to say, love this thread! You would think being born in the Caribbean and lived in FL I would know half this stuff, but never ever heard or thought of the deoderant on the clothes trick!!! Keep those tips coming :) :) :)

Just have to say, love this thread! You would think being born in the Caribbean and lived in FL I would know half this stuff, but never ever heard or thought of the deoderant on the clothes trick!!! Keep those tips coming :) :) :)

Just a bit curious ... where in the Caribbean were you born? I'm from Barbados!

okay I found some of the monistat anti chafing cream at Target - now for my questions - How much do you use - It's such a tiny tube that I hope it doesn't take much? and do you have to reapply during the day or does it last all day long?:3dglasses

I am loving this thread! But I have to ask - did you guys print all this stuff off or just make notes as you find something you think you might want to try? I am getting old and senile :rotfl: and I'm afraid I will forget something by the time I get ready to pack (like next week!:lmao: or tomorrow :rotfl2:)

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with hot flashes? I have gone to the doctor several times and tried different prescriptions but none of them work.

Ditto here! I finally gave up my hormones two months ago because I had been on them for about 10 years (long story) and breast cancer runs in my family so I started to worry. But the hot flashes are killing everyone around me (because when I can control the thermostat, I set it on 50!:lmao: Hey, they can out on more clothes - I can't take anything off and be decent!) and I am tired of having to change night clothes two or three times and getting up in the a.m. smelling like old gym socks:lmao:

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with hot flashes? I have gone to the doctor several times and tried different prescriptions but none of them work.

YES! Flax Seed Oil. My sister was taking about a spoonful each day (mix it in a smoothie, or something you're eating ... she just got to where she'd take it like medicine) because she has psoriasis. Well, she just sailed through menopause like it wasn't even happening.

About a month ago, a friend complained that she was having horrible, horrible hot flashes. I told her about the flax seed oil. She got some immediately and went from having two bad hot flashes an hour to about 2 mild ones a day. :)

You can either take flax seed oil (get it from the REFRIGERATED section of a health food store), or buy whole flax seed, and run it through a cheapie coffee grinder that you reserve just for that. You have to grind it up, though, otherwise it just passes through your system without doing any good. Sprinkle it on cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, whatever.

If it tastes "fishy" -- you got old seeds and they're rancid. Throw them away. Store fresh seeds in your fridge or freezer.

Good luck!

okay I found some of the monistat anti chafing cream at Target - now for my questions - How much do you use - It's such a tiny tube that I hope it doesn't take much? and do you have to reapply during the day or does it last all day long?:3dglasses

A very very small amount- like less than the size of a pea- you will be able to tell. It last me all day- I have very oily skin and when I use this I really don't even need to touch up. LOVE IT!!:thumbsup2

YES! Flax Seed Oil. My sister was taking about a spoonful each day (mix it in a smoothie, or something you're eating ... she just got to where she'd take it like medicine) because she has psoriasis. Well, she just sailed through menopause like it wasn't even happening.

About a month ago, a friend complained that she was having horrible, horrible hot flashes. I told her about the flax seed oil. She got some immediately and went from having two bad hot flashes an hour to about 2 mild ones a day. :)

You can either take flax seed oil (get it from the REFRIGERATED section of a health food store), or buy whole flax seed, and run it through a cheapie coffee grinder that you reserve just for that. You have to grind it up, though, otherwise it just passes through your system without doing any good. Sprinkle it on cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, whatever.

If it tastes "fishy" -- you got old seeds and they're rancid. Throw them away. Store fresh seeds in your fridge or freezer.

Good luck!

Will be headed to the health food store tomorrow!:thumbsup2 I have probably had 10 "surges" in the few hours I have been on here this evening. It'a nuisance when you are at home but when it happens at work in a meeting, it is brutal! I feel like someone stuck me in an oven and set it on "broil - high":rotfl2:

I use spray deoderant under my breasts- I have rather large ones and I hate the feeling of sweaty tata's- I love shower fresh powder in the summer.

Monistat makes a non chafing gel that is wonderful too- I actually use it as a make up base. :lmao:

OMG!! You have solved the sweaty under**** problem!! You are my hero!! :worship:

Not sure if you can get in the US (I'm in the UK)but my mum used Black Cohosh its a natural herbal product that you take in tablet form and it did wonders for her hot flushes though my mum called them power surges!:rotfl:

It also works for that wonderful pain we women go through every month.

Check with your doctor before you try it though if you are on other medication this is a UK website that tells you all about it.
http://mytopfoods.com/Black-Cohosh-Benefits/

yes you can buy it here in the states. It also helps with your sex drive. Just thought I'd throw that one out there.
As for that time of the month. I have the mirena in now and havent had a real period since before my little one was born. I just wear a panty liner everyday.
I also have learned to use roll on deo under the boops as mine are large and I use spray on deo down there to which helps with the sweating.
I think everything else on my list someone or another has covered it.

My MIL swears by Soy (Isoflavones?) supplements and soy milk, every day. My mother does HRT.

Here are some of the things I do for my trips:

1. Wear a different pair of shoes the second half of the day. This way my shoes get a chance to refresh in case I choose to wear them the next day. Normally I pack about 5 pair, so I'm not wearing out any one pair.

2. After my evening shower, I use Ben Gay with Vanishing scent on my feet and ankles, then put on socks right before I go to sleep.

3. After drying off after a shower, put cornstarch baby powder under "the girls" right before putting on my bra. I do the same on my afternoon break as well. Which leads to . . .

4. Bring 2 whole outfits per day of trip, so I can change into clean clothes after taking a shower mid-day.

5. Hair - I always have my hair braided or do a pony tail. But a few months ago I cut my hair. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922247

6. Makeup - I only do mascara. At night, I MAY do eyeliner or some eye shadow as well, since it's a bit cooler. The less on my face the better.

7. I buy flushable wipes for infants/toddlers, insted of the feminine ones, because they are BIGGER. I use these to wipe my face and neck during bathroom breaks. Makes me feel ALOT more fresher! One of my friends even carries a travel-sized baby powder to shake into her bra on our breaks. That felt GREAT! Only do this if you have the time, and patience, to dry that area off first before applying.

8. Periods - Tampon with Pantyliner. Take B-Complex and/or B6 with meals, and 800mg Ibuprofren 3 times a day with meals. NO caffiene. Eat banana with breakfast for potassium to help with cramps.

9. Pack cheap/old wash cloths in backpack. If it's BRUTALLY hot, I use these to wipe my face and neck while in the parks.

10. When too tired or hot, HEAD FOR THE EXIT! Laying in my air-conditioned room is much better than standing in line for Thunder Mountain, sweating like a pig! :lmao:

I use a rollon or stick in the same place at first i thought i was weird when i tried it and then i thought i dided and goen to heaven!!!

I am trying to catch up in the reading when I am done I will give my ideas if I have any.

6. Makeup - I only do mascara. At night, I MAY do eyeliner or some eye shadow as well, since it's a bit cooler. The less on my face the better.

Good tips ... your so lucky to have such beautiful skin that you can get away with just some mascara. I have a lot of redness and uneven skin so I have to wear some powder or concealer - or I look like death! :goodvibes

I know people in Disney don't care and will probably never see me again - but no use scaring the little kiddos! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter