1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by StarDrifter, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

I never wear panties unless i amhaving a BAD female day!

you might try this too!

as you never have to worry about them getting stuck in your crack.
    They never get wet and stay wet.
    YOU NEVER HAVE A PANTY LINE!
    They seam never bothers you
    the elastic never bothers you
    they never make you sweat!

ahhhh............nice and cool!!!!!

and one less thing to wash!!!;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TotalSnowWhite

TotalSnowWhite DIS Veteran

:rotfl: I love how blatant this post is!! Yea for a women's thread!! :thumbsup2

4. Lovin' Lorne

Lovin' Lorne <font color=red>We did see people coming and going

There's some really great advice here, ladies! :thumbsup2

Keep it coming.

5. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

6. SilverMickey

SilverMickey DIS Veteran

:cutie: My girlfriend just flew in and she has a great idea! I just had to share!

She used to carry a hard sided cosmetic case as her carry-on with all her "stuff". Now she can't because of the 3 oz liquid rule ect. checking that monster was out of the question in her mind. She bought a soft sided fishing tackle bag.... with a hard plastic insert. She can configure it to fit her "stuff" even fit a full sized bottle of contact solution in there. She just slides it inside a larger suitcase in around her other stuff. She paid less than 15.00 at Walmart for it and it works great for her. When she needs anything she just opens it up and the layers fold up and you can see everything. Clever!

7. vellamint

vellamint DIS Veteran

You think that was embarrassing!! hee hee Okay well one time my then 7 year old daughter came out of the bathroom into the giftshop at the end of Pirates (she was with 13 yr old friend) holding a tampon on in her hand, waving it and yelling look Mom - 50 cents got me a whole roll of pennys for my squashed penny collection!! Priceless!!

I HAVE TWIN 13 yr OLD DAUGHTERS....someone save me please....

Ya think my gynocologist would have a problem with giving these to my girls - KIDDING......again someone save me please.

This reminds me of the $25 pair of shorts (cheapest there) that I had to buy one daughter on our last trip........nice right.

I had hoped that our 2006 trip would be "surprise" free but sadly one child had it and then the other......try explaining to their brothers why we werent going to the water park as planned.

MOMS - how do you handle younger teens having their oh so not a "friend" on vacation!!! Maybe I should start another thread for this question.

8. cwestbrook

cwestbrook Mouseketeer

9. eventamy

eventamy DIS Veteran

Great ideas ladies! I took some of the ideas and went shopping at Target yesterday! Spent way too much money probably but feel a little more prepared!

10. DearDaisyinDurham

DearDaisyinDurham <font color=green>I'm trying not to look at the po

I'm so glad I peeked at this thread, it rocks!

11. DearDaisyinDurham

Those are really cute styles on the website! This thread is awesome, I had to go back and start from the OP.

12. DearDaisyinDurham

:lovestruc LUSH Lover HeRe! Their lip balms in the little pots are awesome. I have :cloud9: chocolate Whipstick and Honey trap. Addictive.

13. brighteyes

brighteyes DIS Veteran

To prevent chafing I wore cotton very lightweight walking short or cargo short just above the knee. I had a khaki pair and army green pair, a white pair only worn on days where we did dry rides. An assortment of tank tops. I don't even think I brought any tshirts with me. Just tank tops.

Shoes I wore teva flip flops all day every day. They are foam and very squishy and comfy and dried really well. They also mold to your feet t he same way burkenstocks do. No blisters at all.

No hat, but should have as I got my part sunburnt the first day. No foundation, just moisturizer, sunblock and a wonderful lip balm i found by blistek. It is a liquid has spf 15 in it. I forget what its called but keeps my lips glossy not goopy or waxy feeling and protects them.

Hair, wet out of the shower and clipped with a hair clip and off I went. The only time I dried it and straightened with lots of product was for our ADR at the Luau. It downpoured half way through and we all got soaked anyways.

Period time. I was on the depo shot for awhile and decided to go off it. Well about three weeks before my trip I realized it would be that TOM for me so I got the shot hoping it would work, even though I was a week late getting it. IT did work, no period at WDW. :banana:

Underwear and bras: Went to the outlet and got all cotton all white bras on sale for 2.99 each. Had 4 bras and changed mid day. Looking at my pics though the underwire wasn't enough or the lightweight cotton to hold my babies up. lol. But I was cool. :laughing:

Rain: We never took any ponchos when it rained, just got wet. Now when we got caught in an absolute downpour we were drowned rats but oh well.

Stephanie

14. stepnut

stepnut Mouseketeer

On days I know I'm going to be riding a coaster (and not just at WDW, but at other theme parks) I'll wear my snuggest sports bra to keep my girls in place. I'm very small chested, and my sports bra provides me that lovely smashed "uni-b-o-o-b" look , but it beats trying to decide mid-ride "Should I hold the ride's bar, or do I clutch the girls to stop the bouncing???

It's got to be much worse for anyone who's got more than a "36-nearly-A" like me!

15. ilovecountry

ilovecountry seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing

There's so many great tips, a few that I learned big time on the last trip over the summer was

When it comes to hair, the humidity literally did make me look like Krusty the clown even though my hair is bone straight. The secret weapon I found (It's pricey but worth it, you can get it at ULTA on sale quite a bit or ebay)

*TIGI Bed Head After Party Just a tiny bit amount in your hair will give you 100% frizz free hair, super shiny, bouncy, and it will NEVER look weight down.

*For my makeup, I knew that it rained a lot so I wanted waterproof makeup that I wouldn't have to constantly worry about. I can't wear mineral foundation- it breaks me out severly. The BEST foundation I've ever found is- Make up for ever face & body- it's sheer but buildable & stays on through the storms and looks 100% natural. For Mascara the one that won't budge or flake at all is Covergirl Marathon mascara, that damn stuff has to be scrubbed off w/ every product known to man so you'll be smudge free no matter what's thrown at you.

*I bring a body shimmer to put on if I want a little extra sparkle, I put it on after I put a light lotion all over (after spf of course) You'd think the humidy would make it wear off but it's still there by the end of the night ironically and it can just make you feel pretty :)

*If the rain soaks my hair, I twist it up & put on a claw clip- hours later, my hair is full of waves & I just tousel it around.

*To save money, my friends & I shipped a whole bunch of pop, water, snacks to hour hotel room & then just took a few bottles each to the parks each morning. We ate some snacks while in line for breakfast.

*I brought gym shoes & sandels with me to alternate since I wasn't sure how the blister situation would be. I had gel inserts both for gym shows & the ones for sandels. An awesome trick is, at night put the gels in a little baggy & close it and then put it in the fridge. In the morning right before you leave, slip them on and it feels soooo good lol. It was a short lived sensation but it really does feel good as soon as you slip them on

*My allergies can be horrible so I made sure to bring a nose spray along w/ different medicines w/ me. I needed the nose spray everyday I was there in the Parks- my nose stuffed up so bad so if you have allergies I recommed bringing a nasal spray in your purse. The one from Vicks is awesome.

16. BamaTigger

BamaTigger ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP

Very informative thread!:thumbsup2

I have a few tips for the summer, heated trips and outside activities. Im from South Alabama, and we have the worst heat and humidity!:eek: I also work in the weather and this is what I do in the heat--I take spray deoderant (Secret is the best) and I turn my shirts and shorts and my bra INSIDE OUT...I spray the heck out of them with my spray secret and it helps with the smell and the icky sticky feeling of sweat that makes your clothes stick to you! It works!;)

As far as make-up, well, Im a make up wearer no matter where I go--yep, Im vain about my appearance. :rolleyes1 I wear the colorstay foundation and loose powder from revlon. I apply a thin coat in the summer to keep it from feeling heavy.I also use the long wearing eyeliners and eyeshadows and water proof mascara. And I never touch up while Im in the parks, cause it stays so great. :banana:

Hair--I have permed long hair and I use Aussie mousee and spray sprunch and fluff it until it is soft. I either wear it half up, a pony or throw on my baseball cap and fluff the ponytail up and out so it will stick out cute thru the back of the cap. Just depends on the mood im in.:cloud9:

I wear shorts and NO SKIRTS. ECH. 'NUFF SAID!:wizard:

I take Bayer Back and Body every 4 hrs to help with ACHEY PARK FEET. HOWEVER, I am going to get me some of that peppermint foot rub and try it cause I have bad tendonitis in my ankles and they always ALWAYS HURT....so I am gonna see if that stuff will work.
    OH...AND I WEAR MY CROCS!! yea they are ugly, but OMG....they are so super comfy!!!! I learned that from the DIS boards as a matter of fact!:disrocks: Call em ugly, hideous, or whatever, but they make my feet happy!!

I always pack an over-abundance of bras....they tend to lose elasticity after a sweat soaked day at the parks, so i swap them about 2x a day. Im heavy chested, and there is nothing worse than saggy girls!:rolleyes2

17. 2bearsmom

2bearsmom Mouseketeer

Wow, what great ideas here! I gotta find that glittery sunscreen. I don't really have any great ideas to share. So I don't have to pack my bottles of shampoo/conditioner/hair cream I just save up the samples I get in the mail and bring those. Normally 2pkts of shampoo and 2 of conditioner are enough for me for the week. For the kids for their baths and hair washing I bring a box of Johnson's brand throw away cloths, that already have the body wash in them. I get them really cheap at Target when they are on clearance and I have a coupon. That way I don't have to bring their bottles of shampoo and body wash, and if there isn't enough in the washcloth for my 6yr old I just use the Mickey shampoo too.

I love Bare Minerals makeup so I do make sure to bring that all with me!

As far as doing my hair, I shower at night before bed and after putting product in my hair I put it up in a high bun with a pony tail holder and sleep with it wet. In the morning it is full of body and dry. I can either straighten it or curl with a curling iron or just scrunch and spray and go. I've actually been letting my hair dry naturally, over night, now since we went to Disney last year and it has never been healthier, not drying with a blow dryer. Curling and straightening does enough damage to it.

18. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

I found a Dr to give my oldest DD the depo shot when she was a younger teen and will do it again for my not yet teen DD when she gets her period.

i cant imagine being a teen and having to have your period in school nowadays!!!!

Other wise......... why would you not go to the water parks? if and when my oldest DD had her period she wore tampons?? Do you not let your 13 year olds were them? it is the best thing to do for them so much more comfy when they get used to it and they can swim etc.........

If the are wearing pads........get the ones with NO WINGS they are uncomfortable and have them wear the TIGHTEST panties you can find like bake shorts or even panty hose that you cut off at the thigh!!!!!!
    This helps to hold the pads in place batter!!!

If they do go to tampons make sure on long days to wear a panty liner too just for accidents. And wear those with tight undies too!!!!!!!!

You may also want to teach them some tricks in case they are out and start their period and have NOTHING to use!
    1. if you are in a restroom with roll toilet paper take a long strip off and roll it around the crotch area of your undies instead of folding it up and laying it in their................IT STAYS MUCH BETTER THIS WAY!!!!!!!!
    2. if you are used to wearing tampons .....take some paper off the roll discard cuz you want to start with very fresh toilet paper.....roll it into a cylinder and stick it up there where the tampon would go..........i know this is horrible but it does work!!!!!! When you get home pull out paper and use douche to make sure to remove all the paper!!!!!

19. vellamint

vellamint DIS Veteran

Tried the tampons.....too young, too scared......we tried it in 2006 TRUST ME.....WE TRIED........the shot sounds great though I am not sure my gyno would give it to them at this age even if I asked.......thanks

20. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

21. DearDaisyinDurham

From sweetspot.ca - article title - "Always wear clean underwear"

In the rush to pack for a weekend getaway, we managed to stuff our travel bag with four pairs of “dress-up” jeans, but somehow missed grabbing underwear (which made us a little weary to peek into our ad-hoc toiletry bag).

Embrace a Fresh PairInstead of succumbing to the old turn-it-inside-out trick (which is, well, as gross as it sounds) we chose to Embrace a Fresh Pair ($7.50 pack of 20).

These 20-packs of leaf soaps are designed to wash our delicates in just such a travel pinch. Their paper-thin design quickly dissolves into a pear-scented cleanser, and then easily rinses from fabric. A sink, dirty drawers and the tiny, easily transportable pack of soaps turned our undergarment oversight into a fresh-scented triumph.

(website given is iloveembrace.com)