Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Good tips ... your so lucky to have such beautiful skin that you can get away with just some mascara. I have a lot of redness and uneven skin so I have to wear some powder or concealer - or I look like death! :goodvibes

I know people in Disney don't care and will probably never see me again - but no use scaring the little kiddos! :thumbsup2

Believe me, my skin is NOT good! I just can't stand to have on makeup in all that heat! So come on, ditch it for a day!

3. leave all my "good" jewelry at home and wear costume jewelry on trips.
4. wear tried and true shoes/sandals...never a new pair!

I do these 2 also!

:tinker:my secret is Neutrogena Facial Wipes!

I get the travel sized package and leave them in my cooler. Whenever I want to be refreshed , I wipe my face with them. There is no need to rinse with water and it totally cools you down :)

best part is that I can still wear eye makeup!

for my fellow sparkle lovers- MAC makes a wonderful sparkle. It isn't a suncreen but I wll mix it with my initial lotion applcation and it lasts all day long :)

and one more thing...If my recently cut short hair can handle it, I am planning on wearing my wedding tiara princess: b/c Disney is probably the only place I can wear it again without being institutionalized!

I love the cool facial wipes idea - thanks

Ok maybe its been mentioned before but if you put your aftersun cream/lotion gel etc in the fridge. It is a really good way to cool down after a hot day in the sun.

If you can't get it in the fridge then get one of the large cups fill it with ice and sit the bottle in it rather like you would with a bottle of wine!

It also feels good if you have managed to get a little pink.

I thought of another tip...one that defintely falls in the vanity catagory :cutie:

For the waterparks and pools, or anywhere where you might be wearing a swim coverup when photos are being taken....Wear terrycloth coverups!

Sadly, I found this out the hard way. At Sesame Place (which is a waterpark combined with normal rides in the same area)-I had the cutest picture taken of dd, me and Elmo; but I had 'wet spots' all over my coverup . I looked like a sweaty mess, even though I was just wet. UGGH!!!

I thought of another tip...one that defintely falls in the vanity catagory :cutie:

For the waterparks and pools, or anywhere where you might be wearing a swim coverup when photos are being taken....Wear terrycloth coverups!

Sadly, I found this out the hard way. At Sesame Place (which is a waterpark combined with normal rides in the same area)-I had the cutest picture taken of dd, me and Elmo; but I had 'wet spots' all over my coverup . I looked like a sweaty mess, even though I was just wet. UGGH!!!

Sam's Club has really cute terry cloth cover up's for around 10 dollars a piece.

I use a shoe organizer for all of our "stuff" and clear tackle boxes to hold our little things, like medicines, hair ties, ect....

Awesome Thread - just found it last night and read all the way through - leaving Sat. for a trip at the world.

HELP - where can I find 'body glide' or that stuff by mansgil (sp)? just at wallmart and nowhere to be found?

To add a tip that I didn't see posted - set your makeup (any kind) with a mineral powder such as Mineral veil - works great in the humidity !!

HELP - where can I find 'body glide' or that stuff by mansgil (sp)? just at wallmart and nowhere to be found?QUOTE]

If it is the Monistat that I was talking about- it is in the same aisle as the other female creams, like for yeast infections and such. HTH

Awesome Thread - just found it last night and read all the way through - leaving Sat. for a trip at the world.

HELP - where can I find 'body glide' or that stuff by mansgil (sp)? just at wallmart and nowhere to be found?

To add a tip that I didn't see posted - set your makeup (any kind) with a mineral powder such as Mineral veil - works great in the humidity !!

You can get Body Glide at Dicks Sporting Goods or any store where runners' stuff is sold. You can also buy it online.

Monitstat chafing relief powder gel can be found with the feminine hygiene stuff (usually with the douches and yeast infection stuff). At our Walmarts it right next to the tampons.:rotfl: Just FYI: it's also good to use as a makeup base. It makes you makeup go on really smooth.:rotfl:

I agree mineral makeup is the only way to go down there, but if I can go one step further the key to keeping makeup on down there is to layer it and to always use base coats. Apply a very thin layer of something like Pure Luxe translucent matte, then a very light layer of your favorite mineral foundation, then sandwich it with a light coat of your favorite mineral finishing powder. I personally like Pure Luxe's translucent matte for a primer, followed by Dream World's mineral foundation, then one of Dream World's silk finishing powders. Apply a cream base coat before applying your favorite mineral eyeshadow and also apply a good base coat before applying your favorite waterproof mascara. When you start sweating in the parks, just gently blot your face with facial blotters and your makeup still looks good as new.

Another tip... Don't forget the kids. We were in MK last October and my 6 year old got a bad headache. I had ibuprofen and tylenol for me but nothing for kids. Fortunately, they had kids ibuprofen at first aid and he was better in 20 minutes. This year, I'm packing kids stuff too!

I'm Irish and burn easily so there's really no reason for me to attempt tanning beds or anything. For the last year I've been getting spray on tans and they look really good. They've come a long way since that episode on Friends where Ross practically turned orange and kept getting sprayed on the front side.

Google "Fantasy Tan" and look at this system. This is personally airbrushed on you by a tanning professional and looks real. There a cosmetic bronzer that comes out right away so the person tanning you can see if they've missed any spots or if there are any streaks. Then the tan develops in the next 8 hours. I wear a tiny bikini (that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing in public) while getting sprayed. Some people do it in their birthday suit, but that's up to you. Anyhow, I think Fantasy Tans are better than the Mystic Tanning booths. It's just more accurate and looks better. Price is about the same. Call a few tanning salons near you and ask if they use Fantasy Tan. Or go to Fantasy Tan's website and enter your zip. They'll show you the nearest place that offers it. Expect to pay $30-$50, but it will last about 2 weeks.
:cool2:
Plus, you can slather on 30+ sunscreen and keep the wrinkles at bay for a few more years...:flower3:

I so love this thread-- didn't get to read thru the whole thing- have to finish up tomorrow- I'll add to it

If you have curly hair make sure to put a defrizzer in your hair (wet) and bring it with for a touch during the day....I go out with my hair wet & in Florida heat--it's dry in no time!

If you're carrying chapstick with you be sure it's a gel/liquid kind, if not it will end up a liquid chapstick in a very short amount of time! :)

As far as makeup, I don't wear much makeup once I get some color on my face, it just makes my face feel dirty and sweaty. If you can get by with it I would just suggest wearing only a good moisturizer with at least an spf of 15.

Also I've learned, if you are the type that hates the way shorts look on you but feel uncomfortable wearing skirts around in the park try wearing some bike shorts (underarmor or something similar) underneath a skirt. If you can find ones that aren't to hot this can make wearing a skirt much more comfortable.

I hate the feel of Make Up on my face when I'm hot, I also hate having a hot sticky face, so I take the face wipes (neutrogena/clearasil) that are meant for teens with oily skin. This way your face can be really refreshed in the middle of the day! I also find all the sunscreen and sweat makes me break out pretty bad so the wipes help that too!

I hate the feel of Make Up on my face when I'm hot, I also hate having a hot sticky face, so I take the face wipes (neutrogena/clearasil) that are meant for teens with oily skin. This way your face can be really refreshed in the middle of the day! I also find all the sunscreen and sweat makes me break out pretty bad so the wipes help that too!

I think that sounds like a great idea since I avoid makeup in the parks as well. I think I'm gonna have to pick up a pack for my trip.

I'm Irish and burn easily so there's really no reason for me to attempt tanning beds or anything. For the last year I've been getting spray on tans and they look really good. They've come a long way since that episode on Friends where Ross practically turned orange and kept getting sprayed on the front side.

Google "Fantasy Tan" and look at this system. This is personally airbrushed on you by a tanning professional and looks real. There a cosmetic bronzer that comes out right away so the person tanning you can see if they've missed any spots or if there are any streaks. Then the tan develops in the next 8 hours. I wear a tiny bikini (that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing in public) while getting sprayed. Some people do it in their birthday suit, but that's up to you. Anyhow, I think Fantasy Tans are better than the Mystic Tanning booths. It's just more accurate and looks better. Price is about the same. Call a few tanning salons near you and ask if they use Fantasy Tan. Or go to Fantasy Tan's website and enter your zip. They'll show you the nearest place that offers it. Expect to pay $30-$50, but it will last about 2 weeks.
:cool2:
Plus, you can slather on 30+ sunscreen and keep the wrinkles at bay for a few more years...:flower3:

Thanks for that info. I have never tanned in my whole life. Just white to burn in 30 secs.
Love Ya
another really white girl

I used to hate the feel of makeup too. It always felt dry and cakey then in the sun it felt like my face was melting. I ended up wearing no makeup at all. Then I found Bare Minerals and I've totally changed my thinking. The price tag scared me, but I had read lots of great things and I knew a few people who used it. Everyone was right. It is a powder, but it goes on more like a cream. It never cakes, You can't feel it on at all, no matter how many layers of product you use. Now I use the rever upper, foundation, bronzer, blush,eye shadow and mineral veil. You'd think all that makeup would feel horrible on the skin, but it doesn't and my skin doesn't break out from it either. I can do the whole makeup routine in about 5 minutes and I look and feel much more put together. If I'm nice and tanned I will skip the bronzer and blush. It also has SPF built in. So for those of you that want to feel more pulled together and not have to worry about your face melting off, give it a try.

Thanks for that info. I have never tanned in my whole life. Just white to burn in 30 secs.
Love Ya
another really white girl

HAHA im a white girl that burns also. My trip is in 15 days SOO I'm going outside all day the next couple days. :mad:<<<This will be me in the next few days without the frown

Here are a few tips that I do:

1) TAN BEFORE I GO!!!! It helps reduce sunburn for me.
2) Unless its under 70 degrees, I dont wear makeup.
3) As for my hair, I just throw it in a pony/messy bun and go.
4) ALWAYS bring lip gloss/chapstick. I am addicted to it at home to:rolleyes1
5) I bring pain reliver for all: kids and adults

Still trying to find a good sunscreen for me. I am prone to bad breakouts so its hard to find. My future SIL has Melanoma and before she got sick, I rarely used any sunscreen on myself. I am a stickler for it being on my kids and have decided that I better practice what I preach before I am in my SIL'S shoes.

I just found this sunscreen for my kids. Its Bullfrog brand and it has bug repellent in it and its DEET free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter