Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Thanks for all the great tips. This thread is great.

Sweating problem: My podiatrist suggested using antiperspirant on my feet because they sweat. I use it everyday and it works in controlling the problem. Just have to find one that works for you. Know I have found other uses of the anitperspirant now from this thread.

Beating the heat: Nothig is better then staying hydrated. Drink lots of water.

As for the "That time of the Month" Since I got Implanon(3 years BC) don't have this problem even though I do spot once in a while. I just got use to wearing pantiliners everyday. Wearing pantiliners also helps with the you know where sweating problem.

I once in a while get migraines and one of the girls at work told me her doctor suggest taking Ibuprophen and drinking something with caffine in it. The caffine will help the medication dispurse faster. I've treid this and it works. But remember that caffine also dehydrates you and you will need to drink more water a little later.

When saving money for the trip I use that Disney Gift Card. I load money on to the card at the Disney store when I have extra cash. I also know you can get these on line if you don't have a disney store near you. I aso have read that the rechargable visa/mc can be used. If you happen to lose them you can always report them lost. Just remember to keep the numbers to the card, the phone number you need to call and proof of purchase with you at the park or in the hotel safe(if staying on property) so you will be able to report them lost if needed. Have a piggy bank that all lose change goes into until right before the trip, Then taken to bank or the coin machines to get paper money.

Keep the tips coming. I already have a list of items that I am going to look at when I am at the store the next time.

I use a rollon or stick in the same place at first i thought i was weird when i tried it and then i thought i dided and goen to heaven!!!

I take enough bras that I can put on a clean one after I shower in the afternoon. I thought that I was weird too, but it works! and it doesn't gunk up like some powders do. I felt like a new woman after a shower and clean/dry clothes during our last trip.

okay ladies has anyone had a professional spray on tan? I'm thinking about getting one but I don't want it sweating off onto my clothing - any knowledge out there?
Karen

okay ladies has anyone had a professional spray on tan? I'm thinking about getting one but I don't want it sweating off onto my clothing - any knowledge out there?
Karen

Ok it really depends on your natural skin tone. The best ones I have found are the ones that you build up so you don't go straight to orange (I'm sorry but some people do end up looking like they have dipped themselves in orange paint :scared1:)

If you do tan its not bad as once it starts to fade/wash off then you should have a tan that blends it all.

Only problem is some are better than others. Avoid white for the first couple of days so that you don't tan your clothes :rotfl: and make sure that you exfoliate especially round your ankles, elbows and knees other wise the tan will really stick and look horrible. Most of the professional people are really good best to ask a few folks in your are who they recommend.

Ok it really depends on your natural skin tone. The best ones I have found are the ones that you build up so you don't go straight to orange (I'm sorry but some people do end up looking like they have dipped themselves in orange paint :scared1:)

If you do tan its not bad as once it starts to fade/wash off then you should have a tan that blends it all.

Only problem is some are better than others. Avoid white for the first couple of days so that you don't tan your clothes :rotfl: and make sure that you exfoliate especially round your ankles, elbows and knees other wise the tan will really stick and look horrible. Most of the professional people are really good best to ask a few folks in your are who they recommend.

good advice from starrysky: a couple more things they advised at the salon -
yes EXFOLIATE completely and don't forget to SHAVE (or wax or whatever you do) and don't use moisturizers before your appt.
You want to be "evenly coated" :rotfl: sounds funny but it's true.

Immediately after, you can't do dishes, exercise strenuously (fine by me :laughing: ) - anything that will make you sweat or be wet - no baths or showers for 12 hours. This helps it to last. For example, my appt was at 6pm two days before the vacation. I was done (all dry) by 6:30pm but did not shower until the next morning.

Help your tan last, moisturize as much as possible in the days following. (I used a good moisturizer w/ "light" self tanning and it did help to blend the tans as starrysky said.)

DON'T scrub when you towel off, pat yourself dry, etc. Baby your skin.

Having tried the spray booth and the profesional "air brushing", the professional result is superior. However you have to drop all modesty :rolleyes1 Good luck! :goodvibes

Immediately after, you can't do dishes,

Heck, that's worth a spray tan right there.:rotfl2:

Thanks for the advice.

Karen

OMG! I swear I read this at exactly the same time I was thinking "maybe I should say something about spray tanning.."
I got one last week as a test (didn't want to go on vacation looking like an oompa loompa!) and I LOVED it! It wasn't orange at all, and it makes you look thinner (what's better than that?) I am basically see through and didn't want to go to Florida looking like an escapee from the Haunted Mansion, so I am sooo glad that it worked out! It didn't rub off on my clothes, (they did warn me that it could but that other than silk it washes out 100%) It did get on the undies I was wearing while getting sprayed, and it all washed out no problem. I got mine buy one get one free, so it was only around $20 a spray. So that's my tip. Spray tanning makes you look human and skinny! Yay!

I used moisturizer with light tan as well and also thought it helped with the blending! The salon I went to had me apply a barrier cream to my elbows, knuckles, ankles, palms, ect. I still tanned in those places, but she said it would prevent too much from sticking in those spots.

Just chimming in about the professional air brush tan :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I got it a few weeks ago and loved it.. getting another one done in a week. I wished I would have discovered it soon.

OMG! I swear I read this at exactly the same time I was thinking "maybe I should say something about spray tanning.."
I got one last week as a test (didn't want to go on vacation looking like an oompa loompa!) and I LOVED it! It wasn't orange at all, and it makes you look thinner (what's better than that?) I am basically see through and didn't want to go to Florida looking like an escapee from the Haunted Mansion, so I am sooo glad that it worked out! It didn't rub off on my clothes, (they did warn me that it could but that other than silk it washes out 100%) It did get on the undies I was wearing while getting sprayed, and it all washed out no problem. I got mine buy one get one free, so it was only around $20 a spray. So that's my tip. Spray tanning makes you look human and skinny! Yay!

I'm pretty sure it's gonna take an awful lot of tan to make me look thinner:rotfl2:Have they got a 55 gallon drum? Thanks for the advice though it was very helpful. What salon did you use? was a chain salon or a pvt owned?
Karen

When I'm in the parks, I like to have my hair up in a pony-tail or jaw clip. or away from my face with a headband. Instead of worrying about packing hair accessories to match my outfits, I pack hair accessories that match my hair colour (almost black)! That way, my hair accessories never clash with what I'm wearing.

This simplified approach comes in really handy when I'm travelling with our 3 girls!

So tell me about Lush shampoo- also do you use any of the facial cleaners? I have ACNE- not the teenage kind, I have used everything under the sun...

Lush makes what they call shampoo "pucks". They're similar in size to a hockey puck. If you buy 2 pucks, you'll get a free tin to keep it in. These are super for travelling!!

I like the one called "Godiva", because it smells so wonderful. It's supposed to have conditioner, but I still use conditioner with it. They also make one called "Hybrid" that's a shampoo and conditioner in one. I'm just okay with it.

My favorite solid shampoos would be Seanik and Gentle Lentil. The Gentle Lentil is not a puck-shaped one, so it won't fit in the tins, but it's so wonderful and smells divine!!

Lush also makes a solid conditioner called Jungle, that I cannot live without. I use it by simply stroking it down my hair, or I turn it over and over in my warm hands, to melt it slightly. Then I stroke my Jungle-y hands down my locks. :love:

You'll pay about $8-$10 for a solid shampoo, but they last for a very long time!

As far as the adult acne goes, I would recommend either Angels on Bare Skin, or Sweet Japanese Girl. Both very different from each other. AOBS is a paste, it comes in a tub, and you scoop out a pea-sized amount. I rub it all over my wet face. SWJ, though, is a solid bar, made with butters, and I rub it all over my DRY face. I then wipe my face off.

The Lush forums are very helpful.

http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/face/cleansers

Maye you could try Herbalism or Mask of Magnaminty Cleanser? I've got Angels on Bare Skin and love it.

It might be worth talking to their customer service and getting their input. Right now they have a skin care sample kit, think it's 7 products for $20.

If you have a store near you, they'll give you free samples. I'm trying their Big hair shampoo and it's incredible - the samples look tiny but their products are so pure and potent you don't need a lot.
:goodvibes

1. I carry a travel size container with high SPF sunscreen and apply frequently. 2. use tinted chapstick with high SPF instead of lip gloss 3. leave all my "good" jewelry at home and wear costume jewelry on trips. 4. wear tried and true shoes/sandals...never a new pair! 5. shop in the off season for designer cruise wear and beaded/jeweled tops to pair with my white and khaki shorts from the mall for a fun and classy appearance. (I love to look good in the World)! 6. get a hair cut about 3 weeks prior to the trip and use only a surfer paste (Garnier) for my short hair. In less than 60 days we'll be there :goodvibes and I'll be ready:woohoo:

:tinker:my secret is Neutrogena Facial Wipes!

I get the travel sized package and leave them in my cooler. Whenever I want to be refreshed , I wipe my face with them. There is no need to rinse with water and it totally cools you down :)

best part is that I can still wear eye makeup!

for my fellow sparkle lovers- MAC makes a wonderful sparkle. It isn't a suncreen but I wll mix it with my initial lotion applcation and it lasts all day long :)

and one more thing...If my recently cut short hair can handle it, I am planning on wearing my wedding tiara princess: b/c Disney is probably the only place I can wear it again without being institutionalized!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter