UPDATED: WDW Christmas Parade taping..da..da..da..daaa (Nov 9 through 13: See POST 80 and 115)

Here's the taping schedule, CM are not told how long or where or what is taping, just the time they have to be there. They did it by slots:
Nov 9th MK 10am and 6pm
Nov 10th MK 10am and 1pm
Nov 10th Epcot 4:30pm and 7pm
Nov. 11th MK 8am and 12pm
Nov 12th MK 8:30am and 2pm
Nov 12th AK 4:30pm
Nov 13th DHS 10am and 2pm and 5pm
Obviously all of these are subject to change

Thanks Yulilin... I'm torn. We are flying in on Friday night and had only planned on doing the Christmas Party on Sunday night. Our APs expired in July and I promised my husband we wouldn't even consider another Disney trip until at least summer 2017. Then we found super cheap flight and I couldn't resist a night at MVMCP and told Emma that we weren't doing the parks just the party. Now I may have to hit up MK on the 12th depending on what performers leak ... it's worth $250 isn't it??? :guilty:

Put in for AK on the 12th. Figured it would be the least popular.
I'm going to DHS on the 13th. Hoping for some SW Rogue One special appearances, maybe while they tape inside LB or something. I'll also head over to MK on the 9th and 10th to see what I can see

I cannot WAIT to find out what they will be taping in MK.....if its any of those dis channel stars my daughter will FREAK

Looks like the disruption at MK on the 10th will be minimal for us, attending the CP later in the day. Nice.

I cannot WAIT to find out what they will be taping in MK.....if its any of those dis channel stars my daughter will FREAK

Agreed! I'm anxious to see who will be there! I remember seeing someone's youtube video when they were there last year and they got to watch the Descendants part being taped. DD would have lost her mind!

Here's the taping schedule, CM are not told how long or where or what is taping, just the time they have to be there. They did it by slots:
Nov 9th MK 10am and 6pm
Nov 10th MK 10am and 1pm
Nov 10th Epcot 4:30pm and 7pm
Nov. 11th MK 8am and 12pm
Nov 12th MK 8:30am and 2pm
Nov 12th AK 4:30pm
Nov 13th DHS 10am and 2pm and 5pm
Obviously all of these are subject to change
Thank you so much for this information...............in reviewing the info here our plans look to not be impacted at all.........:P
Very fortunate and lucky.:upsidedow

Doug :goofy:

Here I was excited about the early parade filming simply because it probably meant the Christmas tree would be up. If there's no filming at WDW, wonder if it will be for our trip November 16-20?

Here I was excited about the early parade filming simply because it probably meant the Christmas tree would be up. If there's no filming at WDW, wonder if it will be for our trip November 16-20?
Yes. The tree is predicted to be up by Nov 2nd.

Yep Christmas decorations at mk ate going up November 1st and 2nd

We have gone the week before Thanksgiving for several years now and all the decorations are up in MK except for the tree. We have always been told that they don't put it up until time for the Christmas parade taping. Glad to know it will be up for us this year! :)

We have gone the week before Thanksgiving for several years now and all the decorations are up in MK except for the tree. We have always been told that they don't put it up until time for the Christmas parade taping. Glad to know it will be up for us this year! :)
Last year they also put up the tree with everything else, the taping occurred else where

We have always been told that they don't put it up until time for the Christmas parade taping. Glad to know it will be up for us this year! :)

It was not that they put it up in time FOR the parade taping.
It was that they put it up at a time just AFTER the parade taping.
The parade show used the space where the tree sits for parade production.
So, they could not put the tree in Town Square until after they completed the taping.

That changed last year.

We are going with my daughter's friend and family for her friend's birthday on November 13 to HS. Both girls are big Star Wars fans so this may turn out to be an even more special day. Can't wait to see who may be in MK on the 9th or 10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter