UPDATED: WDW Christmas Parade taping..da..da..da..daaa (Nov 9 through 13: See POST 80 and 115)

So by the title of this thread, I assume thus 'Christmas Parade' will be different from what normally would occur at 3pm. Can someone describe how this parade differs (characters, costumes, floats, length etc)? If we are in the park fir the day, would we be allowed to line up at 4:30? What do they do with the taped show?

So by the title of this thread, I assume thus 'Christmas Parade' will be different from what normally would occur at 3pm. Can someone describe how this parade differs (characters, costumes, floats, length etc)? If we are in the park fir the day, would we be allowed to line up at 4:30? What do they do with the taped show?
Christmas Parade refers to the show that's on ABC on Christmas Day. It has nothing to do with the 5:00 parade during the taping days. The 3:00 parade, FoF, becomes the 5:00 parade.

So, if you want to watch FoF, find a spot before 5:00.

Hmm, interesting. It does effect our trip, a bit good and a bit not so good. That's our arrival day and we want to go to DS at EOS for lunch, then head to Epcot to get our visit registered for F&W(AP holders get nice F&W glass tumbler if you have 3 visits, which they can tell since you enter with your MB), then on to MK. With the FoF parade ow being at 5 p.m. that makes it pretty likely we'll get to see it that day which is good. Plus they just extended hours to close at midnight instead of 10, so that's great too! But, all our FP+ that I made at the 60 day mark are during the 4-7 hours, so not sure we'll be able to make them and see the parade at 5. I've gotta go and get the exact times and figure things out, probably changing some times. I guess I won't be trying to fit in MSEP, but I wish I was going to have to be trying to do that, we really loved that parade!

I'm a little annoyed that this is going to be filmed this particular weekend, as we are going for a short trip with only 2 planned park days on 11/11 and 11/12. I am going to stick with my plan of MK rope drop on 11/11 and then leave in the afternoon for HS for the evening. Then Epcot 11/12 rope drop and probably end at MK in the evening. We're veterans so we can handle the crowds. I think the Disney Christmas show on ABC has absolutely stunk the past couple years so I have no interest in seeing it in person so hopefully that will be to my advantage in the parks.

As a side note - that weekend is also Dapper Day, which brings in a good number of people. This year is officially at Epcot, but a bunch of guests pop over to Magic as well.

What I'm thinking it means for me (November 16-20) is that the Christmas tree will be up in MK . . . am I right? ::yes:: It's usually the one big Christmas decoration we miss going in mid-November.

What I'm thinking it means for me (November 16-20) is that the Christmas tree will be up in MK . . . am I right? ::yes:: It's usually the one big Christmas decoration we miss going in mid-November.

That's correct. It should be up.

I'm a little annoyed that this is going to be filmed this particular weekend, as we are going for a short trip with only 2 planned park days on 11/11 and 11/12. I am going to stick with my plan of MK rope drop on 11/11 and then leave in the afternoon for HS for the evening. Then Epcot 11/12 rope drop and probably end at MK in the evening. We're veterans so we can handle the crowds. I think the Disney Christmas show on ABC has absolutely stunk the past couple years so I have no interest in seeing it in person so hopefully that will be to my advantage in the parks.

Make sure you check park hours again. Someone on another thread said that MK is now open for EMH at 7 am on the 11th and 8 am for regular guests.

Make sure you check park hours again. Someone on another thread said that MK is now open for EMH at 7 am on the 11th and 8 am for regular guests.

Wow yes thank you! I will keep checking hours before we leave but EMH at 7am will help if we can drag ourselves up and out of bed after getting to the resort at midnight the night before. :scared1:

I'm gonna be at magic kingdom on november 11!
Ok............for the day...........or the MVMCP?

During the day (if this rumor is true) you'll need to work around it. Main St could be problematic..........however, ride areas may be better because of folks watching the taping. Really you can't know for sure. If you're doing MVMCP..............it will be pretty packed at 4pm given the FOF parade will run at 5pm. After that it will clear out.

Have a great trip.

Doug :goofy:

For the day and for the Mickeu very merry Christmas party. Yes I hope this is only a rumor!

What is FoF? We will also be in MK for the party on the 10th and again on the 12th. I'm curious how this will impact us. Thanks!!!

FoF = Festival of Fantasy parade that usually runs at 3:00p each day. Schedule change reflects Christmas Day tv show taping in MK earlier that day.

Thanks! - I really liked that parade last year, it might be fun to watch it being taped.

Thanks! - I really liked that parade last year, it might be fun to watch it being taped.
just a reminder that they don't tape the portions like a regular parade, that keeps just moving forward. They will tape a portion and sometimes back the float and characters up and tape again, it's a lot of waiting. I've been in tapings that last 6 hours

I really liked that parade last year
The main portion of the parade, that was seen on TV last year, was taped in only one take. Guests waited well over an hour to watch that brief portion. Performers were in costume and out on the floats for almost an hour before the floats and cameras rolled on that very hot day.

You may want to stop by and take a peek but it may not be worth it to wait very long. Disney uses actors and gives vouchers to CMs to come in for the taping and they are the ones who are curbside along the route. It's to have better control over attire and behavior.

The main portion of the parade, that was seen on TV last year, was taped in only one take. Guests waited well over an hour to watch that brief portion. Performers were in costume and out on the floats for almost an hour before the floats and cameras rolled on that very hot day.

You may want to stop by and take a peek but it may not be worth it to wait very long. Disney uses actors and gives vouchers to CMs to come in for the taping and they are the ones who are curbside along the route. It's to have better control over attire and behavior.
Last parade taping I attended was when Neil Patrick Harris was the host and that took 6 hours, it was a long day but we got lucky and the number with NPH and the Newsies cast was taped right in front of us.
The entertainment level has gone down in my opinion. With showing so little of the actual parade and more performances and commercials

It will be a Disney adventure, and something new for us, whether we watch all or just some of the taping. Thanks, I really appreciate all of your advise here on the Dis. We are going to have so much fun on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter