UPDATED: WDW Christmas Parade taping..da..da..da..daaa (Nov 9 through 13: See POST 80 and 115)

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Below is what Kenny the Pirate is saying "could be" (note COULD BE) the 2016 Christmas parade taping.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/10/16/likely-dates-for-walt-disney-world-christmas-parade-taping/

Interesting in that this is right in the middle of Jersey week..........when my family and I will be there! However, I think we dodged a bullet if this turns out to be true. We doing MK on Monday Nov 7th (which could increase crowds o_O) and the MVMCP on Nov 11th.......which could actually work for us as the FOF parade could move to 5pm.

On the surface the direct impact to our trip isn't overwhelming..........how about others?

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
I did confirm that the FOF parade is currently scheduled for 5pm on Nov 11th (10th and 12th too). Since we'll arrive for party at 4pm...........we get to see the FOF parade too!!!

I did confirm that the FOF parade is currently scheduled for 5pm on Nov 11th (10th and 12th too). Since we'll arrive for party at 4pm...........we get to see the FOF parade too!!!

That's the major perk of the parade taping for party-only guests: FoF and 2 Christmas Parades for the price of a Party ticket. :)

That's roughly when they filmed it last year I can see that happening.

For those that are worried, it's basically an extra show with celebrities that films most of 1 day at the castle (so the castle shows will be canceled the day they do that) plus the added decorations for it. The parade only films on main street so it' snot the whole parade route in use all day long, it's basically just some impact in the hub and main street during the daylight hours while they film, again with some celebrities mixed into it..

Now it does mean celebrities and their entourages will be around with a lot of vip access when they aren't filming but that can be a fun thing also. And last it means the christmas tree will be up sooner again this year.

We will be attending the Xmas party on the 10th. Will the party be more crowded because of the taping?
The only thing that will be more crowded will be the 5:00 run of FoF as regular and Party guests will be watching along the route.

The only thing that will be more crowded will be the 5:00 run of FoF as regular and Party guests will be watching along the route.

So.... does this mean the ride lines might be slighter shorter? :-) I have no desire to watch FoF. I'd rather do rides and QS dinner from 4-7.

Do people get picked to be on main street during the taping? I'm going to be there during that period and that might be fun to try...

Do people get picked to be on main street during the taping? I'm going to be there during that period and that might be fun to try...
They basically try and get the portion they are filming in main street filled with people, since the taping lasts hours most people leave and then anyone can take the spot.
Now it will depend on how cm are shifting traffic, as you enter mk you might be asked to go to the right and take the backstage walkwau by Tonys. You can always try and go back towards main street

We plan to do MK in the morning on nov 11. Will there be any impact before noon? Also have ADR at crystal palace at 11:30. Anything unusual to expect there?

It's hard to say which part of the park will be impacted without knowing the schedule for those three days. Main Street and the Castle Stage areas can be affected. In 2014, taping took place in Frontierland. Last year, parade taping was in the Main Street Emporium area on the 13th (Friday).

Last year, @11290 was able to provide the taping schedule for the stage and the parade portions. Hopefully he can add some info in this thread. :)

Our party day is the 10th but we have BOG ressies at 4:10... I wonder if it will be hard to maneuver back there once we enter

Our party day is the 10th but we have BOG ressies at 4:10... I wonder if it will be hard to maneuver back there once we enter
All the taping will be completed before the party. You'll be able to get to BOG just as you would on a regular Party day.

Semi-related question- we are planning on arriving to MK around 5:30 on the 12th with a FP+ for Mickey at that time. Will we be able to get to our FP with parade going on or should I try to shuffle things around?

@mirandasue133 ~ Town Square Theater is at the front of the park as you enter on the right. You'll have no problem getting to your meet with Mickey even with the parade wrapping around the Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter