Updated list of Refurbs for 2014

I read on DIS that POTC will be down until May 22 but currently the interactive map just says unavailable... is the May 22 re-opening confirmed?

I read on DIS that POTC will be down until May 22 but currently the interactive map just says unavailable... is the May 22 re-opening confirmed?

Its listed that way on the refurb phone line. But that phone line has a few things that don't jive with the interactive map yet. :rolleyes2

Here's to hoping it and SM have soft openings.. my last day in the Parks is the 20 or 21st :(

The DIS info is maintained by ImTooExcitedToSleep aka Tom who has access to more sources than just the Disney phone line. I suspect that this thread has been such a rolling mishmash of rumor, speculation, emotion and confusion that he has stayed out of it since weighing in back on page 1.

In any case I would trust Tom's info on DIS more than all of the various methods described in this thread. I do truly understand that the appearance of having numerous major rides down at the same time - especially during Spring Break - is of great and legitimate concern to many of you. But the frenzy of responses to partial information at best is just not very constructive.

Disney is a very well run company and despite what some have implied here they do care about how their customers respond. They would not be as successful as they are without listening to customers.

It does appear that:

1. DLR is not settled on how they are going to accomplish the refurbs in the queue and

2. DLR is doing a rather poor job of putting out reliable information to their customers on the refurbs.

Hopefully DLR will choose a reasonable path forward regarding refurbs and communicate it more consistently sooner rather than later.

:wizard:

Okay, so should I expect POC to be down while we are there on May 7 and 8th? that is really going to put a damper on things, and we may move our date up because I know my son will be crushed (he will be crushed by Nemo being down, but with both, that will just stink for him).
Thanks!

This is not a major attraction but wanted to mention that ITTBAB has been added to the refurb schedule for March 31-April 18.

21kiblg.jpg

This is not a major attraction but wanted to mention that ITTBAB has been added to the refurb schedule for March 31-April 18.

Perfectly timed for my trip!

If it's the same thing as the one in Animal Kingdom, I'm not too bothered.

Also, although this information has fluctuated a bit, DIS now is saying IASW is down 4/21 - 5/29 and Space Mountain is down 5/12 - 6/26. Stinks for our 5/12 - 5/16 trip.

Perfectly timed for my trip! If it's the same thing as the one in Animal Kingdom, I'm not too bothered.
Ditto. We come home 4/18. My wife told me and I was like "they have that at DL/CA, too? Don't remember seeing it."

OH....ha ha..... that is funny. I guess I don't spend enough time there. Well actually I don't normally spend any time there, unless I am cutting through it. Ok, so there is my defence. ;)
:faint:

Every time I see this thread climb back to the top of the list from a new posting, I get a headache, my palms start to sweat, my vision blurs, and I throw up in my mouth just a little bit.

I motion we kill this thread.

Sacrifice it to the tiki gods... drop it off the top of Mickey's wheel of death...keel-haul it through Pirates...Maybe bury it under a slab of concrete in the BTMR que... Heck, why not all of the above?

Wait. It won't work. Whatever we use to kill it will just be under refurb until October as the CM's slowly mop up the spilled tears of a thousand disappointed kids.

DARN YOU, REFURB LIST! DARN YOU STRAIGHT TO HECK!!!!

Well, we just made online dining reservations for The Blue Bayou on April 27th, which is the last day it might be open before the refurb on POTC starts on the 28th. It sucks that we're spending two full weeks in the parks and we only get one day for BB and POTC, but hey, one day is better than nothing!

Don't close early, don't close early.

Every time I see this thread climb back to the top of the list from a new posting, I get a headache, my palms start to sweat, my vision blurs, and I throw up in my mouth just a little bit.

I motion we kill this thread.

Sacrifice it to the tiki gods... drop it off the top of Mickey's wheel of death...keel-haul it through Pirates...Maybe bury it under a slab of concrete in the BTMR que... Heck, why not all of the above?

Wait. It won't work. Whatever we use to kill it will just be under refurb until October as the CM's slowly mop up the spilled tears of a thousand disappointed kids.

DARN YOU, REFURB LIST! DARN YOU STRAIGHT TO HECK!!!!

:scared1: :laughing: :faint: As Gisele pokes you on your shoulder to give to you a happy/chill pill man! :bitelip:

Take a deep breath..........just breath man breath...... :rotfl:

Hoping for a miracle and Indy is open by April 14th or delayed after April 14th. When you wish upon a star...

No! No delays for Indy! It was down our last trip and I was hoping and praying it would be open by our 14 may arrival date. We are already without POTC and Space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter