Updated list of Refurbs for 2014

The interactive map now lists BTMRR as being down thru March 31st.

Interesting. However before anybody gets crazy and starts changing their dates to the first week in April, understand it may very well be a place holder again. I hope they get it up then, but the last day of a month feels like a place holder (similar to Oct. 31st)

Interesting. However before anybody gets crazy and starts changing their dates to the first week in April, understand it may very well be a place holder again. I hope they get it up then, but the last day of a month feels like a place holder (similar to Oct. 31st)

Wise words

With BTMRR pushed out to at least March 31st, it will be interesting to see if the refurb dates for Indy or Space are adjusted.

With BTMRR pushed out to at least March 31st, it will be interesting to see if the refurb dates for Indy or Space are adjusted.

A CM posted on the "other" site that Indy might get pushed back to May or even Sept. Take that for what it's worth though... rumor not official.

A CM posted on the "other" site that Indy might get pushed back to May or even Sept. Take that for what it's worth though... rumor not official.

Seems logical at least. I would bet on Indy delaying before Space since the length of its scheduled refurb is shorter.

DisneyJamieCA said:

Exactly. I still expect Dream.Finder to use this date as official word from Disney for future posts much like the Jan 31st date. ;)

Was the original end date really Oct 31st? I thought it was a few days earlier, prior to Halloween, giving some credence that the date was real.

Exactly. I still expect Dream.Finder to use this date as official word from Disney for future posts much like the Jan 31st date. ;) Was the original end date really Oct 31st? I thought it was a few days earlier, prior to Halloween, giving some credence that the date was real.

I may be wrong on the date, although I thought it was the last day of the month. But maybe it was earlier and they really thought they'd make it. Our trip wasn't until the end of the Nov, so I have to admit I didn't pay much attention to the exact date because it was supposed to be up by our trip.

Seems logical at least. I would bet on Indy delaying before Space since the length of its scheduled refurb is shorter.

So meaning Indy would be down but Space would be running? Because if they put Indy down in May too the list of major rides down is just getting ridiculous. I know its great news for those of you going earlier in the year, and I am glad that you will get to ride your favorite attractions. But for those of us going in May, this trip is turning into a nightmare. :furious:

I really do not put any trust in what a CM would say on a discussion board, anyone can claim to be one and make up anything given the anonymity of these boards. No one should count on anything until they see it posted by DISNEY themselves, until then it is speculation, and that can drive people nuts!

I'm really really really hoping Indy is up in May. This will be our 3rd trip but we've only ridden Indy once and we were hoping to ride it a few times during our May trip. If Big Thunder is open instead it'll be OK but I'd prefer Indy :)

Oh I'm totally bummed Big thunder mountain is going to be down as well as splash during our visit now, I could live with one favourite down, but two!?Nothing I can do about it but still :(

I don't mean to be a grump and point out the irony in some of these latest comments, but if you look back at the original post, the original closings had Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, and Soarin' (not to mention NEMO) all closed down at the same time, during Spring Break - peak prices and crowds. Add to that the Pirates closure now rumored to be April 22nd, and it's downright ridiculous. Everyone going at other times were all happy that it didn't affect them much. But now that there might be 2 rides down during May, it's a big calamity? Hotel prices and crowds are much lower during May, so there is an offset there. Disney on-property resort prices are $600-700 cheaper for a 5 night stay and the lighter crowds make this a bit less of an overcrowding issue on the rest rides. I went to WDW when they had BTMRR, the Riverboat, and Test Track down in May, and I had such great low crowds and walk-on ride times for everything else, that I was perfectly fine with that. But during a peak time?

Due to the massive amount of projected closures during the vacation we were planning for the week after Easter, we are probably going to move our one and only expected trip anytime in the near future to Disneyland to around the 4th of July. Still high crowds and peak prices, but all the rides will be open. With 2 boys, we need those rides open. I'm just hoping they don't push all these rehabs back and I get stuck with too many down after I move it all. We may still have to forego Alice based on the current projections.

I even wrote a long email to Disney. I got some hulabaloo response saying safety is important and rehabs are necessary. That they try to spread out the closures so that all visitors have an enjoyable trip...spreading them out well doesn't seem to be their strong suit. I didn't get any concrete closure dates, but have written back asking them to confirm my projected dates.

While I don't wish a lot of closures on anyone else, I do hope they spread some of these big ones around. Take one down now and leave up a "lesser" ride or two. Then close those later when the other big rides are down. Stagger the big closures better.

I don't mean to be a grump and point out the irony in some of these latest comments, but if you look back at the original post, the original closings had Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, and Soarin' (not to mention NEMO) all closed down at the same time, during Spring Break - peak prices and crowds. Add to that the Pirates closure now rumored to be April 22nd, and it's downright ridiculous. Everyone going at other times were all happy that it didn't affect them much. But now that there might be 2 rides down during May, it's a big calamity? Hotel prices and crowds are much lower during May, so there is an offset there. Disney on-property resort prices are $600-700 cheaper for a 5 night stay and the lighter crowds make this a bit less of an overcrowding issue on the rest rides. I went to WDW when they had BTMRR, the Riverboat, and Test Track down in May, and I had such great low crowds and walk-on ride times for everything else, that I was perfectly fine with that. But during a peak time? Due to the massive amount of projected closures during the vacation we were planning for the week after Easter, we are probably going to move our one and only expected trip anytime in the near future to Disneyland to around the 4th of July. Still high crowds and peak prices, but all the rides will be open. With 2 boys, we need those rides open. I'm just hoping they don't push all these rehabs back and I get stuck with too many down after I move it all. We may still have to forego Alice based on the current projections. I even wrote a long email to Disney. I got some hulabaloo response saying safety is important and rehabs are necessary. That they try to spread out the closures so that all visitors have an enjoyable trip...spreading them out well doesn't seem to be their strong suit. I didn't get any concrete closure dates, but have written back asking them to confirm my projected dates. While I don't wish a lot of closures on anyone else, I do hope they spread some of these big ones around. Take one down now and leave up a "lesser" ride or two. Then close those later when the other big rides are down. Stagger the big closures better.

While I agree with the first part of your statement, you expect Disney to be able to project closures in July?

There has a lot of discussion over the last year and that there is less & less "slow" times at Disney. Spring Break obviously spans a large amount of time, Halloween time is now HUGE, so when you add it to the already busy summer & holiday times, there doesn't leave a lot of room for rehabs. I agree some things could be spaced out, but honestly that's what it seems like they're trying to do. BTMRR has been it's own issue entirely, but how are they supposed to rehab the rest to have them ready for peak times if they don't do it during the few slower months? Non-peak seems like it's down to Jan/Feb & early part of March, part of May & part of Sept. And as you've mentioned, there are fewer crowds & cheaper hotels to help offset it. I also wouldn't call it "hulabaloo" - safety is their main concern and some of these refurbs are OSHA mandated - Disney doesn't have a choice. And as I've said numerous times, I'd prefer they go down for scheduled refurbs than going to so often unexpectedly during the day because they've just "patched" problems.

I do think Disney could & should do better with updating closures and not making it such a treasure hunt to figure it out. On the flip side, people can't plan their trips during non-peak times and then get so upset (general you, not specific) when there are rides down. There is always a trade off.

Yes its a big calamity because a couple of people expressed how closures might affect them. :|

I don't mean to be a grump and point out the irony in some of these latest comments, but if you look back at the original post, the original closings had Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, and Soarin' (not to mention NEMO) all closed down at the same time, during Spring Break - peak prices and crowds. Add to that the Pirates closure now rumored to be April 22nd, and it's downright ridiculous. Everyone going at other times were all happy that it didn't affect them much. But now that there might be 2 rides down during May, it's a big calamity? Hotel prices and crowds are much lower during May, so there is an offset there. Disney on-property resort prices are $600-700 cheaper for a 5 night stay and the lighter crowds make this a bit less of an overcrowding issue on the rest rides. I went to WDW when they had BTMRR, the Riverboat, and Test Track down in May, and I had such great low crowds and walk-on ride times for everything else, that I was perfectly fine with that. But during a peak time?

Due to the massive amount of projected closures during the vacation we were planning for the week after Easter, we are probably going to move our one and only expected trip anytime in the near future to Disneyland to around the 4th of July. Still high crowds and peak prices, but all the rides will be open. With 2 boys, we need those rides open. I'm just hoping they don't push all these rehabs back and I get stuck with too many down after I move it all. We may still have to forego Alice based on the current projections.

I even wrote a long email to Disney. I got some hulabaloo response saying safety is important and rehabs are necessary. That they try to spread out the closures so that all visitors have an enjoyable trip...spreading them out well doesn't seem to be their strong suit. I didn't get any concrete closure dates, but have written back asking them to confirm my projected dates.

While I don't wish a lot of closures on anyone else, I do hope they spread some of these big ones around. Take one down now and leave up a "lesser" ride or two. Then close those later when the other big rides are down. Stagger the big closures better.

Disney won't confirm much of anything in an email. But you should be very safe with dates in July. History has shown that. They won't have anything closed in July that they don't absolutely have to.

I just wish Disney could make decisions in when ride closures were and make sure that information was available to the public. Instead of chopping and changing all the time. I'm still not happy about the possibility of 8 rides being down while I'm there, but if I knew the list was confirmed at least I could deal with it and move on haha!

"While I agree with the first part of your statement, you expect Disney to be able to project closures in July?"

Yes, I do. They know what they are planning to do to each ride to get it all ready for the big anniversary next year.

And, to the person who said they won't tell anything via email, according to the email they sent me, "You may be interested to know that information regarding our
refurbishment schedule is available through a variety of sources. Prior
to arrival, Guests may obtain information by viewing our calendar online
at www.disneyland.com, by calling Guest Information at (714) 781-4565,
or by writing to us."

I should hope that they follow what Customer Service instructs their guests to do.

"While I agree with the first part of your statement, you expect Disney to be able to project closures in July?" Yes, I do. They know what they are planning to do to each ride to get it all ready for the big anniversary next year. And, to the person who said they won't tell anything via email, according to the email they sent me, "You may be interested to know that information regarding our refurbishment schedule is available through a variety of sources. Prior to arrival, Guests may obtain information by viewing our calendar online at www.disneyland.com, by calling Guest Information at (714) 781-4565, or by writing to us." I should hope that they follow what Customer Service instructs their guests to do.

The whole problem here is that the phone line & website are not updated correctly. And the refurbs keep changing, so none of those methods are going to be accurate. Refurbs that were supposed to happen THIS month have been pushed back with no "official" word from Disney - it's only been people digging around the map that found it. And that has been in the last week that it changed. There isn't any complete information for March, April or May. You may find out in June about July, but they won't tell you now.

ETA: That said, short of refurb going long (such as what has happened with BTMRR) or an emergency situation, I would not expect anything new to be down in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter