• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Updated list of Refurbs for 2014

I hear talk about 'soft openings' on these boards and I'm curious how often that actually happens?
Indy is scheduled to open the DAY after we leave, so I'm crossing my fingers that it may actually be open a day or two early so I can get in a ride??

Gisele said:
:scared1: :laughing: :faint: As Gisele pokes you on your shoulder to give to you a happy/chill pill man! :bitelip:

Take a deep breath..........just breath man breath...... :rotfl:

Lol! That post was actually a joke that missed the mark. I decided about a month ago I wasn't going to worry about it anymore (which is a huge step for me as I am a chronic panic attack waiting to happen), but I am also an unrepentant wise-A. And I saw a chance to make fun of myself.
So even if I was the only one who got the joke, I went for it. My DW says if I were actually as funny as I think I am, I'd be on tv.
But that is what I love about these boards. If you are twitchy or nervous about dropping half a year's salary on a single vacation, there are plenty of good folks on here to talk you through it and away from the ledge. You guys are awesome. Thanks for your wisdom. And take most of my remarks with a dwarven mine full of salt. I'm just snarky.

:faint: Oh ok..........then nevermind. ;)
Your wife sounds like she has a good sense of humor. Lol You do too. :)

No! No delays for Indy! It was down our last trip and I was hoping and praying it would be open by our 14 may arrival date. We are already without POTC and Space.

Originally, my date had Indy and Space Mountain closed. I was considering canceling my trip! Honestly, I would prefer to have the former open, but I'll take SM.

Originally, my date had Indy and Space Mountain closed. I was considering canceling my trip! Honestly, I would prefer to have the former open, but I'll take SM.

I would have, but the flight was already booked and cost us too much to switch the tickets. I'm bummed about Indy, but will also take Space.

I notice that the Blue Bayou website is taking reservations for 4/28 even though POTC is due to start it's refurb that day. Oversight? Or will the BB be open during the refurb?

I notice that the Blue Bayou website is taking reservations for 4/28 even though POTC is due to start it's refurb that day. Oversight? Or will the BB be open during the refurb?

Id like to know this too! Cause we were wanting to dine there.

I suspect they will contact you at some point and tell you the res is cancelled.

:wizard:

From the DL blog regarding Mother's Day dining,

"Other restaurants are creating special dishes just for Mother’s Day. In Disneyland park, Carnation Cafe is serving seared mahi mahi with spinach orzo and a shrimp broth. Plaza Inn will serve a spicy glazed salmon with chipotle-pineapple glaze, veggies and mushroom quinoa, and the special at Blue Bayou is crab-stuffed shrimp with tomato-artichoke sauce."

Mother's Day falls within the pirates closure, but it sounds to me like BB will be open:thumbsup2

From the DL blog regarding Mother's Day dining,

"Other restaurants are creating special dishes just for Mother’s Day. In Disneyland park, Carnation Cafe is serving seared mahi mahi with spinach orzo and a shrimp broth. Plaza Inn will serve a spicy glazed salmon with chipotle-pineapple glaze, veggies and mushroom quinoa, and the special at Blue Bayou is crab-stuffed shrimp with tomato-artichoke sauce."

Mother's Day falls within the pirates closure, but it sounds to me like BB will be open:thumbsup2

That's great news! Since we're there for two weeks, it would be nice to have dinner and lunch there. Good eye - thanks!

I know I should not have checked the Disneyland map, but...

it's now showing both Space Mountain in May-June and the Matterhorn closed all summer!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??????? The Disney hotels are full price in June with all those ride closures!

Space Mountain AND Matterhorn closed on Grad Nites!?!

This is too much. I was there last year when both Big Thunder and Space Mountain were closed and it put too much pressure on the other mountain, Matterhorn, when 2 mountains are closed.

So disappointed...:sad:

I know I should not have checked the Disneyland map, but...

it's now showing both Space Mountain in May-June and the Matterhorn closed all summer!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??????? The Disney hotels are full price in June with all those ride closures!

Space Mountain AND Matterhorn closed on Grad Nites!?!

This is too much. I was there last year when both Big Thunder and Space Mountain were closed and it put too much pressure on the other mountain, Matterhorn, when 2 mountains are closed.

So disappointed...:sad:

Where does it say the Matterhorn is closed all summer?

Where does it say the Matterhorn is closed all summer?

I just checked the map on the DL website and it says it is down this summer thru Aug 14th; if it comes back up on time, that means it will down for the majority of our trip that week but back up the last 2 days (knock wood)

I guess we survived not having BTMRR open for a trip, we can work with this. Though the mountains are our favorites so if more than one was down, I might rethink booking a trip.

I know I should not have checked the Disneyland map, but... it's now showing both Space Mountain in May-June and the Matterhorn closed all summer!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??????? The Disney hotels are full price in June with all those ride closures! Space Mountain AND Matterhorn closed on Grad Nites!?! This is too much. I was there last year when both Big Thunder and Space Mountain were closed and it put too much pressure on the other mountain, Matterhorn, when 2 mountains are closed. So disappointed...:sad:

I'm sure they have their reasons, but it always leaves me scratching my head when a ride goes down for such a long refurb when having been down for a major overhaul not that long ago. I personally don't care about Space because it leaves me sick, but am a bit sad about Matterhorn. Guess it's good we've been lucky enough to plan two trips this year!

I'm sure they have their reasons, but it always leaves me scratching my head when a ride goes down for such a long refurb when having been down for a major overhaul not that long ago. I personally don't care about Space because it leaves me sick, but am a bit sad about Matterhorn. Guess it's good we've been lucky enough to plan two trips this year!

From what I have read, Disney got slammed by the California DOSH, the state version of the Federal OSHA. Much of what is being done is for safe evacuation I think. Lots of railings and such being added. Most of this is not Disney's choice.

From what I have read, Disney got slammed by the California DOSH, the state version of the Federal OSHA. Much of what is being done is for safe evacuation I think. Lots of railings and such being added. Most of this is not Disney's choice.

Yes, I know that, but the Matterhorn reburb was going on during that time, wasn't it? You'd think they'd take care of it during the refurb. I know Alice & Space are part of the DOSH stuff - are there more (not that we would necessarily know). Like I said, I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm always better safe than sorry.

Well this thread got me down! I'm a WDW vet headed to DLR for the first time June 12-17. I really hate that Space, Matterhorn, Alice, and Grizzly River Run are ALL down while we're there!!

The optimist in me says that's just 4 more reasons to make another trip to DLR in the future, but the "realist" in me is still sad.

:(

Grizzly was down when I was last there in December. Why on earth is it going down again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter