• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Twas the Night Before ... Christmas 09?! - 12/30 New TR! Please come join me!

Saturday 9/26
Flight out of National @ 8:35am
Arrive in Orlando 10:50am
ME to CBR
Check in
Head to the AK
QS lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ
AK closes at 5pm
TS Dinner @ Sanaa 5:45pm
Hop the bus to MK for Spectro (the only time it is scheduled during our trip)
Return to CBR
BED!

Sunday 9/27

TS Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's 8:00am
MK!
Back to CBR for R & R
Epcot evening
TS Dinner @ San Angel Inn @ 7:00pm
OR
QS Dinner @ Tangierine Cafe
enjoy the Epcot F & W!!
See Illuminations
Return to CBR
BED!

Monday 9/28
DHS day rope drop (TSM stampede)
Leave DHS and head over to Epcot...
TS Lunch @ TBA!
Back to CBR for R & R
QS dinner @ WPE
MK Evening
See Wishes
Return to CBR
BED!

Tuesday 9/29
Epcot day rope drop
Enjoy the F & W Festival!!
Return to CBR for R & R
MK Afternoon and Evening and MNSSHP!!
TS Dinner @ TBA (still trying to get something!)
MNSSHP
Back to CBR
BED!

Wednesday 9/30
Checkout for CBR
Try for late checkout
Epcot day
Enjoy the F & W Festival
QS lunch @ Yakitori House
Return to CBR
ME to Airport
Flight out at 6:30pm

Okay, this has a few new updates to it, so I think it is fairly accurate... I may have a surprise unexpected ADR on Monday, it will require me to be in Epcot for lunch, so we will switch parks after early DHS time... we had thought for Monday to be an MK night... I am not sure about this now that we are going to DHS and Epcot... There were no better DHS mornings... so we'll see....:surfweb: I think if we take a break and don't try to do too much during our lunchtime visit to Epcot it should be fine...

I have my Christmas DAY 2 plan to reveal!! Will post that one later tonight! :thumbsup2

Day 2 and 3 coming at ya!

Okay, so in the middle of all this SEPTEMBER Fall trip planning, good grief! :rolleyes: I am now looking at what to do for my DAY 2 Christmas in DISNEY!:santa:

So sadly, the TGM hours for my trip dates are NOT up yet… I have, however taken advantage of the park hours to make a few choices, and I feel this should work okay…

Day Two! Dec 21st
MK
I have always had luck with the MK on a Monday… I think because the EMH evenings are generally Sunday.

QS lunch at Pecos Bill's (Casey’s for the kids!)
See the Holiday Parade
Head back to the BC for R & R at the resort
TS Dinner at Ohana’s or 1900 Park fare
Check out the decorations at the Poly or Grand Floridian - depending on what we get!
Wishes and Spectro!

Day THREE December 22nd
Epcot/AK

Epcot in the am (EMH AM)
OOP lunch @ Chef’s OR ...?
Back to the resort for R & R time
AK afternoon and evening
TS Dinner at Boma
Check out the decorations at the AKLodge!

I made these plans because this gives us a reason to visit each resort. I can't wait to see the GingerBread House at the Grand Floridian...:yay:

plans are looking great!!!

Ah...just the WORDS

Gingerbread House at the GF are making me drool with jealousy!

I can definitely see Disney during the holidays...someday. Not anytime soon but...someday! Thanksgiving is my dream :)

Great December updates!!!! You guys are going to have the best time and I'm so jealous about seeing Disney at Christmas...but I will get there one of these days!!

Plans look good! YOu are staying at the Beach Club, right?? Don't forget about the gingerbread carousel right there!!! The house at GF is great also!

OMG-I've gotten behind on my TRs and what do I find...you have a Christmas trip and now a Autumn Trip...the Christmas and Halloween parties within several months...:faint:

Wow-how lucky are you...:yay:-That's awesome...

I'd be going loco scrambling to plan too...:lmao:

(Hmmm...maybe if I get DH to buy an annual for next October for DDs b-day-he'll want to go back a second or third time in the year...hmmm....:rolleyes:

Oh, I love your day two and day three plans -- especially the parts about visiting the Grand Floridian and its awesome gingerbread house and visiting AKL and its awesome Christmas tree! I wonder if AKL smells different at Christmas...you will need to investigate that for us. :goodvibes

plans are looking great!!!

Ah...just the WORDS

Gingerbread House at the GF are making me drool with jealousy!

I can definitely see Disney during the holidays...someday. Not anytime soon but...someday! Thanksgiving is my dream :)

Oh well I never thought we would and then look at that! RE the Gingerbread House, I KNOW!! I really am so excited to see all this!!! :goodvibes

Great December updates!!!! You guys are going to have the best time and I'm so jealous about seeing Disney at Christmas...but I will get there one of these days!!

Gee, Thanks!!! I am really excited to see it during December, too! But I am excited to see the Fall decor, too... it was just coming down and the Xmas stuff coming up when we were there last November, the week after Halloween... We'll both get to see that! :thumbsup2

Plans look good! YOu are staying at the Beach Club, right?? Don't forget about the gingerbread carousel right there!!! The house at GF is great also!

OH YES!!! I know that is there, how exciting! I am looking forward to it. I just can't wait to see it, take pictures, etc. I think we will actually take video this time. This past June/July we hauled the dang video camera but never used it! Glad to hear your opinions on the decor at the resorts! This is going to be one of my favorite parts!

OMG-I've gotten behind on my TRs and what do I find...you have a Christmas trip and now a Autumn Trip...the Christmas and Halloween parties within several months...:faint:

Wow-how lucky are you...:yay:-That's awesome...

I'd be going loco scrambling to plan too...:lmao:

(Hmmm...maybe if I get DH to buy an annual for next October for DDs b-day-he'll want to go back a second or third time in the year...hmmm....:rolleyes:

Welllll..... re the APs and the # of visits, STRANGER things have happened!!!! I can't wait to see what he says when we get a bounce back offer in our room!!!! :lmao:

Re the two trips, lucky or foolish, but happy to go nonetheless... ;)

And yes, I shoulda done TWO PTRs, it is hard to keep them separate! But I will likely do a separate TR for the September quick trip! :thumbsup2

Oh, I love your day two and day three plans -- especially the parts about visiting the Grand Floridian and its awesome gingerbread house and visiting AKL and its awesome Christmas tree! I wonder if AKL smells different at Christmas...you will need to investigate that for us. :goodvibes

AKL has a SMELL??!! Oh, actually yeah, I get that, it does, I recall thinking this when I was there. WELL. For you CP anything. ::yes:: I will certainly sniff about in September, then again in December :rotfl:

YAY!! I am glad you like my plans!!!! :p I do too!! Now I just have to hope the ADR system cooperates!!!

It sounds a little nuts(sorry Jackie -I agree with you but if you haven't experienced the "smell":lmao:you could begin to wonder...:lmao:)...AKL really does have a unique "smell" its all kind of warm and spicy and maybe a little woody...if it were a cologne it would probably be a man's but not over the edge...now if you add Christmas in that mix...well goodness knows what you'd get...but if it were for sale, I'd buy it...:cloud9:

Your Day 2 & Day 3 plans looks great!!

How fun is it to be planning a trip this month!! :confused3:banana:

You got some good ADRs for such short notice! :thumbsup2

As far as CBR goes - we stayed in Martinique in a preferred location. I loved the location and proximity to OPR, but not so much the view (parking lot view). Jeff & Karen stayed in Aruba I think?? I know a lot of people who like Aruba & Jamaica just over the bridge from OPR. I think I would save the money we spent on a preferred room and ask for a water view room in either of those areas next time. The boys will love the pool - mine definitely did!!

Just Found your thread!!! fellow marylander, we get there a few days earlier but leaving the same day and we are at the Boardwalk. Are you driving or flying? love the plans. and your men are precious. will be following your plans. Thanks for sharing/:santa:

Day FOUR….

Gearing up for Christmas EVE and Christmas DAY!!! :santa: :yay: :santa:

So Day FOUR is December 23rd!!!
DHS morning
DTD QS Lunch @ WPE (where else for DH??!!)
DTD shopping
Back to BCV for some R & R and activities at the resort/boardwalk
TS dinner @ Hoop De Do Review 1st seating
Holiday Carriage Ride at the Fort OR “Sleigh Ride” @ Wilderness, see the decorations at the WL!
Over to MK for some evening fun!

I was thinking that the Hoop de Do Review would be a good "christmas-y" activity this trip. :scratchin I was going back and forth about this and CRT... however I think I have found a "place" for CRT in the final few days of the trip. I wasn't expecting to do both this trip.. I am still on the fence, but you can tell me what you think... when I post that. Of course it all depends on getting the ADR!!! :laughing: I am trying not to think about that... :scared:

Honestly I am soooo excited for this trip!!!! :goodvibes

BUT I am distracted by my other trip, which is TWO WEEKS!!! :hyper: WAIT. Did you get that? DID I GET THAT??!!
TWO WEEKS??!! YAY!
:yay: :yay:

I can not believe it! :rotfl: September/FALL/ and MNSSHP!!! BOO! How on earth will I keep this all straight!!!

Okay back to DECEMBER ...

Next up THE BIG TWO DAYS!!!
HO, HO, HO!!! :thumbsup2

It sounds a little nuts(sorry Jackie -I agree with you but if you haven't experienced the "smell":lmao:you could begin to wonder...:lmao:)...AKL really does have a unique "smell" its all kind of warm and spicy and maybe a little woody...if it were a cologne it would probably be a man's but not over the edge...now if you add Christmas in that mix...well goodness knows what you'd get...but if it were for sale, I'd buy it...:cloud9:

You know I do recognize a "scent" in the air at the AK, I remember that, but now I will be extra attentive with my sniffing!! :laughing:

Your Day 2 & Day 3 plans looks great!!

How fun is it to be planning a trip this month!! :confused3:banana:

You got some good ADRs for such short notice! :thumbsup2

As far as CBR goes - we stayed in Martinique in a preferred location. I loved the location and proximity to OPR, but not so much the view (parking lot view). Jeff & Karen stayed in Aruba I think?? I know a lot of people who like Aruba & Jamaica just over the bridge from OPR. I think I would save the money we spent on a preferred room and ask for a water view room in either of those areas next time. The boys will love the pool - mine definitely did!!

Hey, thanks for the tips at CBR!!! I really have to investigate that a bit, because I know it is really large... I want to be close to the OPR and pool, I did the "regular room" rate -- Can't beat the $89.00 AP rate, so I'll come up with a few places to request and cross my fingers...

Yes! I was surprised too, these ADRs will work for us I think! :thumbsup2

Just Found your thread!!! fellow marylander, we get there a few days earlier but leaving the same day and we are at the Boardwalk. Are you driving or flying? love the plans. and your men are precious. will be following your plans. Thanks for sharing/:santa:

Oh! Hi! Welcome! :flower3: Thanks for coming over! RE the travel plans, we will be taking the Auto Train, like we did on our previous trip... I think I mentioned this at the beginning of my PTR, but it is a fun way to go! Thanks for the compliments, they are a good bunch. Mostly... :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing about your trip too!!! :thumbsup2

I think the sleigh ride or carriage ride sounds just lovely! What a great Christmas memory.

I think the sleigh ride or carriage ride sounds just lovely! What a great Christmas memory.

I found the latest pictures of Disney's newest sleigh and carriage rides!!!!

up-AN8C7VOUTRUF1GMG.jpg

romanianredneck.jpg

NO WONDER it is SO DIFFICULT TO GET THESE RESERVATIONS??!! :santa:

I dunno, Shocker, if I get there and the Carriage or the Sleigh do not look EXACTLY as you have pictured them here, I am going to be very very disappointed... :lmao:

Good grief. Where DO you find these photos!!! :laughing:

Woo hoo for two weeks until Halloween festivities at Disney!!! :hmghost:

Either a carriage ride or a sleigh ride sounds like so much fun! You are truly going to have a wonderful Christmas trip!!!

Oh the sleigh ride or carriage ride sounds amazing!! I hope you'll take a lot of pictures to share with us!!!! You guys are going to have a great time!!

OOH I am at 2 weeks too....I've been working away on my to-do list today!!!!!

YAY!!! I hope you're having a blast planning both your trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter