Twas the Night Before ... Christmas 09?! - 12/30 New TR! Please come join me!

So jealous about this trip in two weeks... and Christmas! I need to have an AP so we can spring for some quick trips!

So, are you having to switch resorts? I am confused about where you are staying.

Your plans look fabulous!

Did you enjoy reading Mousejunkies today while the rain came down, down, down? :goodvibes

Your plans are looking great! I'm curious to see where you end up staying! I finished Mousejunkies today and need to quiz Shocker over the acronyms in the back of the book.:lmao:
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as the rest of us have! Most of the book became a read aloud as we drove various places....:rotfl2:

you've done such a great job in such a short amount of time! I would keep checking online reservation system- mine popped up some good stuff a few days before I left!

What is this MouseJunkies book you speak of?

You have been BUSY! How fun. Do you have to move resorts or do you want to try a different one while there? Just curious why the 2 day and 2 day...

I figure making MNSSHP designs is about as close as I'm going to get to being there but it's fun. :)

Your principal documented what was done the last time you were gone......:cool1:

You really prepared them to deal with your extended absence! :confused3

trashed.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2: LOL this was great!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: I needed a laugh THANK YOU!!!

So I can see quite a few overlaps with your plans and mine YAY!!

I will be at MK all day on Sunday and I will be at DHS on Monday...so we'll have to exchange some info and see if we can't plan to have a quick meet!! I know you'll be spending time with your family so I promise not to interfere on that LOL!!!!!

Love your plans and your ADRs so far...so yummy!!!! You guys are going to have a great time!!

OMG!!! :scared1:
You lucky dog! I'm excited for you and sooo jealous!:goodvibes

THANK YOU!! :goodvibes I am excited too!

Your plans look great! I think whatever you end up doing will be fabulous. You'll be in Disney!! :banana:

You are going to love Mousejunkies!! :goodvibes

You know, that is exactly right, I did make up the plans, but I think we will end up with other ADRs when all is said and done, and ultimately going to Disney so unexpectedly is special enough!

The book is cute so far!

So jealous about this trip in two weeks... and Christmas! I need to have an AP so we can spring for some quick trips!

I tell you, these passes were reason enough for DH, that and the cheap airfare! :thumbsup2

So, are you having to switch resorts? I am confused about where you are staying.

Your plans look fabulous!

Did you enjoy reading Mousejunkies today while the rain came down, down, down? :goodvibes

Well I couldn't get the four nights in the same resort to start, however as of TONIGHT, I am now at CBR for the four nights. We could do CBR or CSR, and I was really on the fence, but I think the pool will be nicer for the kids... I could get 2 nights at AKL, but not all nights, and my DH doesn't want to stay at AKL w/o a car... I just modified our reservation to the four nights discounted and the DDP.

Oh! And the book is really cute! I am enjoying it!

Your plans are looking great! I'm curious to see where you end up staying! I finished Mousejunkies today and need to quiz Shocker over the acronyms in the back of the book.:lmao:
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as the rest of us have! Most of the book became a read aloud as we drove various places....:rotfl2:

I will have to check out that glossary at the end of the book! I could get a reservation all four nights at CBR, on the AP discount. Prior to this I could only get two nights at CBR or at CSR, not all four, but I found it online today and called to confirm it. Any one stayed at CBR before? I was hoping to request a room area, etc...

you've done such a great job in such a short amount of time! I would keep checking online reservation system- mine popped up some good stuff a few days before I left!

What is this MouseJunkies book you speak of?

Well it is a plan, and something to work with so far! I will keep checking, thanks!! I was hoping to try some other locations just so we have a few new places!

Check out MouseJunkies -- on Amazon -- you can see! It is a little book, travel/advice guide. Fun to read! :thumbsup2

You have been BUSY! How fun. Do you have to move resorts or do you want to try a different one while there? Just curious why the 2 day and 2 day...

I figure making MNSSHP designs is about as close as I'm going to get to being there but it's fun. :)

Well initially I could not get one resort for four days, so I was having to "split stay" but that wasn't going to be so bad. Then I was able to get all four in one... I was going back and forth between CSR and CBR... I went ahead and chose CBR, for the new pool... And the Port Royale area looks neat... I have never been there.

Your Pumpkin is cute! :)

So I can see quite a few overlaps with your plans and mine YAY!!

I will be at MK all day on Sunday and I will be at DHS on Monday...so we'll have to exchange some info and see if we can't plan to have a quick meet!! I know you'll be spending time with your family so I promise not to interfere on that LOL!!!!!

Love your plans and your ADRs so far...so yummy!!!! You guys are going to have a great time!!

Oh that would be fun! Of course we can! Once I am certain of our plans, which I think are pretty certain :rotfl:, I will PM ya! Of course we can arrange a meet and greet!! :goodvibes Honestly, we are just there to have fun, and I might be able to run away solo a little too... I hope to get a few ADR changes before it is all said and done. I made my decisions based on TGM days, so that really drove my decisions....
I am going to review it this week and hopefully get a few more ADRs...:thumbsup2

OH really!!?? Have you stayed there before??? Do tell me what you think, where at the resort is best....

We have never stayed there before -- it's a first for us, but I am pretty excited -- the grounds look lovely, and you know how we love a themed pool! :goodvibes

Wow! I just got back from the world yesterday and was catching up on trips to find that you are taking 2!!!!!:banana: Yea!!!

I see you are still deciding on where to stay. We stayed at CSR this trip and loved it. The rooms are nice with 2 queen beds and my DS loved the pool. I even enjoyed the slide. The Pepper Market is nice as well. If all goes well, I am going to try and start a report tonight. You will have to check it out.

We have never stayed there before -- it's a first for us, but I am pretty excited -- the grounds look lovely, and you know how we love a themed pool! :goodvibes

HA!! ;) of course!! The pool does look great, for our kids that will be a huge plus! It does look nice overall, my DH was a little leary about the decor... he liked CSR better (the new renovations) but the pool sold him.

WOW...lucky ducky! Going on a surprise trip! I'm jealous!
Yes well it was TOTALLY unexpected. We are not telling our kids outright this time until we get to the airport.... We decided to just "wing it" and see what they do...

Wow! I just got back from the world yesterday and was catching up on trips to find that you are taking 2!!!!!:banana: Yea!!!

I see you are still deciding on where to stay. We stayed at CSR this trip and loved it. The rooms are nice with 2 queen beds and my DS loved the pool. I even enjoyed the slide. The Pepper Market is nice as well. If all goes well, I am going to try and start a report tonight. You will have to check it out.

Yes!!! You have been away having a fabulous time and none the wiser -- surprise!!! :laughing: One was planned, one unexpected! RE CSR we were on the fence, I am still interested in both CSR and CBR but DH doesnt want a split stay, and I can't get CSR all four nights... The new photos I saw look great though!!

So I think the past 24 hours has been some of the most intensive planning I have ever done in respect to my Disney vacations... And remember I haven't been doing this very long! YES, I have mapped out most of my September mini-trip... I still have some unknowns and variables, but overall, I am pretty happy with it...

Here is what we have to look forward to in 20 days...

Saturday 9/26
Flight out of National @ 8:20am
Arrive in Orlando 10:30am
ME to CBR
Check in
Head to the AK
QS lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ
AK closes at 5pm
TS Dinner @ Sanaa 5:45pm
Hop the bus to MK for Spectro (the only time it is scheduled during our trip)
Return to CBR
BED!

Sunday 9/27
MK day rope drop
TS Lunch @ WCC 12:50pm
Return to MK and use FPs
Back to CBR for R & R
Epcot evening
TS Dinner @ Tokyo Dining 7:30pm
OR
QS Dinner @ Tangerine Cafe
enjoy the Epcot F & W!!
Illuminations
Return to CBR
BED!

Monday 9/28
DHS day rope drop (TSM stampede)
QS lunch in DTD @ WPE
Back to CBR or CSR (?) for R & R
MK evening
QS dinner @ TBA (Casey's for the boys!)
OR
TS Dinner @ The Wave 8:00pm
See Wishes
Return to CBR or CSR
BED!

Tuesday 9/29
Epcot day rope drop
Enjoy the F & W Festival!!
Return to CBR or CSR for R & R
MK Evening and MNSSHP!!
QS dinner @ TBA
TS Dinner @ TBA
MNSSHP

Wednesday 9/30
Checkout for CBR or CSR
Epcot day
Enjoy the F & W Festival
QS lunch @ San Angel's Cantina
Return to CBR or CSR
ME to Airport
Flight out at 6:30pm

OKAY!!! I got some news to report on the ADR front! So above are the old ADRS.... Take a look at these NEW choices!!!

Chef Mickey's Sunday the 27th at 8:00am! (MK opens at 9am)
San Angel's on Sunday the 27th at 7:00pm!
Kona Cafe on Monday the 28th at 8:15pm!

I have a lunch at WCC, which I can cancel if we go with the two TS ADRs on the 27th... I want to try and get this on Sunday or Tuesday instead... I also have decided I might not be able to do AK on this Sunday, I am afraid I won't have much time in the park... I am kinda on the fence.. We'll see

I also might have a special ADR for lunch on this day, courtesy of SunnieRN!!!! More on that tomorrow :rolleyes1

Chef Mickey's for breakfast!!! Woo hoo!!! :banana:

Your other two sound good, also -- we have always enjoyed our meals at Kona. :goodvibes

YAY I know! How fun, right? I am glad to know Kona is good! I have to go and cancel a bunch of ADRs I just made blindly the past 24hrs so I can let them go to someone else who may want them... I believe in Karma :) So maybe I can get these final ressies I want! I don't recall reading where YOU are going??!! I should have started a separate MIN(nie) TR! It is hard keeping this all straight! THOUGH I did come up with the December day 2 and 3 itinerary!! ;)

Mouse Junkies is fun! I am enjoying it so far, just reading a little at a time.

YAY I know! How fun, right? I am glad to know Kona is good! I have to go and cancel a bunch of ADRs I just made blindly the past 24hrs so I can let them go to someone else who may want them... I believe in Karma :) So maybe I can get these final ressies I want! I don't recall reading where YOU are going??!! I should have started a separate MIN(nie) TR! It is hard keeping this all straight! THOUGH I did come up with the December day 2 and 3 itinerary!! ;)

Mouse Junkies is fun! I am enjoying it so far, just reading a little at a time.

I don't think I have ever said where we are going -- mainly because I thought I might do a PTR -- but now, I am not. We only made two ADRs since we plan on doing a lot of eating and drinking around WS at the Food and Wine booths. We may even end up canceling the two ADRs we do have -- Teppan Edo for Friday (Charles really wanted that one) and Tutto Italia (I really would like to keep this one) on Saturday.

I don't think I have ever said where we are going -- mainly because I thought I might do a PTR -- but now, I am not. We only made two ADRs since we plan on doing a lot of eating and drinking around WS at the Food and Wine booths. We may even end up canceling the two ADRs we do have -- Teppan Edo for Friday (Charles really wanted that one) and Tutto Italia (I really would like to keep this one) on Saturday.

Yes we have always done the F & W for meals, it is like Tapas!! :laughing: But if you do sit down for a dining break, I think you picked two good choices! WE are playing around with our park plans, so I am still exploring options, and again, getting distracted from December! I have to get back on track with December though, b/c I don't know if I will be able to manage these online ADRs with my 90 +10!!! And there is more to mess up! With this trip I don't have high expectations just luck! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter