Trump at the Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielocha30

DIS Veteran
who is planning to see how the new POTUS will look and what message he will be recording for the MK attraction?
the HoP already is not a "must do", do you think it will change with the new animatronic?

Last edited:
Thank goodness the DIS has a no politics rule as I could see this thread going wrong quickly.

I'm sure I'll see the new HoP at some point once it re-opens this summer. Not a must do at all, and I don't see the addition of a new President making it one. However, if they were to totally revise the "show" and the new speaking role can be made interesting, then it might help.

The President animatronic simply states the oath of office. They don't deliver any other message.
The role of the speaking animatronic has changed over the years. It doesn't have to be the oath of office.

The role of the speaking animatronic has changed over the years. It doesn't have to be the oath of office.

Interesting! I only remember it being the oath in the times I've gone over the past 36 years. I know that's the only thing President Obama said. I actually hope they stick with that.

Interesting! I only remember it being the oath in the times I've gone over the past 36 years. I know that's the only thing President Obama said. I actually hope they stick with that.

Actually, the Barack Obama animatronic did make some brief remarks in addition to taking the oath of office.

Although it is no longer possible to see that version of the show in person, here it is for reference:

He actually said the oath and then delivered a message on the spirit of what is like to be American.
The President, in conjunction with Disney, discuss and decide what type of message to record for the HoP

The President animatronic simply states the oath of office. They don't deliver any other message.

I haven't watched Hall of Presidents the last few trips, but I do believe that President Obama did in fact make a speech that was not the oath of office the last time I visited.

Have no desire to go in there - if I need a nap, or AC (which is what this Hall of Mostly White Dudes is good for) I hit the American Pavilion as it is quieter, I think the show is longer, and more conducive for napping.

When Bill Clinton was in office the narrator was Maya Angelou.

Considering HoP is a must for me, regardless of the president, yes I will be seeing it.

I also have only been to WDW 4 times in 28 years and have a 5th trip planned. A person who goes much more often than me might have a different opinion though I'm coming at it from a length of show time versus a political standpoint.

If they were to totally revise the "show" and the new speaking role can be made interesting, then it might help.

Good point, there's always the possibility they could mix it up. Given all the new technology available today, perhaps they could make it more interactive. For example, maybe the newest animatronic could send messages from the stage and interact with the audience via Twitter. :)

When Bill Clinton was in office the narrator was Maya Angelou.

Interesting. I probably will go watch it, regardless of my political beliefs, because I'm curious on how Disney puts together a transition in a show like this. I also like the immense respect for tradition that the Hall of Presidents offers.

Because I respect the office of the president no matter who sits in the oval office, I will most likely stop by. Hey, the president is the captain of my 'ship. I will be cheering on whomever has that tiresome, stress filled role. I hope we all prosper and the animatronic is a good likeness. "Honor the Office' is my motto and I love that Disney has the Hall of presidents, even if most visitors only go once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter