Trump at the Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
When on vacation, I don't look at the internet, I don't watch TV, and especially avoid the news. My goal is to live in the fantasy world Disney created, and politics completely ruins that.

Regardless of who the current president is, anyone who boos a WDW animatronic - and ruins the experience for those who came to enjoy an attraction at an amusement park - is a low life.

Completely agree. I am so tired of the political fighting on FB, in the media and everywhere I turn..

I am relieved it's not allowed on the Dis. I like to unplug at Disney and plan to leave my electronics in the room safe. To spend 5 days not hearing about politics sounds utterly blissful.

I hope to enjoy it as a unquie and special attraction at an amusement park, nothing more.

Completely agree. I am so tired of the political fighting on FB, in the media and everywhere I turn..

I am relieved it's not allowed on the Dis. I like to unplug at Disney and plan to leave my electronics in the room safe. To spend 5 days not hearing about politics sounds utterly blissful.

I hope to enjoy it as a unquie and special attraction at an amusement park, nothing more.

The problem with that is Disney is making that harder to do!

Did Disney say what kind of animatronic his would be? Traditional or projection mapping?

Just curious, is there any record of any former Presidents visiting HOP since it opened? Either in office or later in their life?

Last edited:

Just curious, is there any record of any former Presidents visiting HOP since it opened? Either in office or later in their life?

I'm not sure if a POTUS has formally visited the attraction after serving or during. I know a few presidents have gone to Disney and many were actively involved in the HOP process (Bill Clinton gave one of his personal watches to be put on the animatronic for authenticity sake) while others take a meh approach.

We will most likely go again. As another poster mentioned, we too enjoy the movie that precedes the presidents, and the animatronics still impress me. I love that WDW added the Muppets show to Liberty Square and I hope that more guests explore this area. Last time we watched HoP we spent a few minutes before the show looking at the flags, plaques, and the replica Liberty Bell. Very nice details that honor America. I can always cheer for that!

That's sad. Many of us didn't like the president going out. Some don't like the president going in BUT many realize that our country is a democracy, we had a fair election and the people have spoken. It is healthy to accept change. I think we must all respect the position of the president and give ALL new presidents a chance. :thumbsup2
The US is a republic. If it was a democracy there would be a different person in the HOP.

Back to the issue at hand. I'll go once out of curiosity and I will refrain from making rude noises like I have witnessed in the last 8 years.

I'm not sure if a POTUS has formally visited the attraction after serving or during. I know a few presidents have gone to Disney and many were actively involved in the HOP process (Bill Clinton gave one of his personal watches to be put on the animatronic for authenticity sake) while others take a meh approach.

I did not know that tidbit about Clinton. How cool! Thanks for sharing @wilkeliza

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....

Here is a hypothetical thought: How would the people, of the US North and South, react to an Abraham Lincoln animatronic, circa 1862?
How do we react to it TODAY? I suspect the term "that's different" will emerge :).

Our country has a process for the transfer of power. WDW does not judge the process - they simply report History. WE are the ones in charge of that process. We voted, and the process rolls on. We may, or may NOT change the process - but that's up to us - not Disney :).

Meanwhile? The Hall of Presidents is WONDERFUL - even with Lyndon Johnson in it (a dig for anyone from the '60's :) ). Time moves on, things change, and kudos to WDW for smoothing over the rough parts :). Really - it's a vacation, not a Political March....

Again, all personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter