Trump at the Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to take an agnostic view I think it has the potential to be really interesting as to what the end result is. Iger obviously has some sort of relationship with the Trump administration so wonder if that plays a role. Also wonder if any protestors will make an appearance when it opens

I enjoy the show.. plus its relaxing and cool.. I will certainly go see it and enjoy the history behind it... now getting my wife and kids to go is another story.. they go but only for the break not for the show..

Not at all excited about seeing it this year but HoP has always been a must do for us. It's nice to relax, cool off and feel all the patriotic feels.

Given all the new technology available today, perhaps they could make it more interactive. For example, maybe the newest animatronic could send messages from the stage and interact with the audience via Twitter. :).
LOL. Instead of giving a speech, the Trump animatronic stands up, pulls a smartphone out of his pocket and sends a tweet to the audience. Love it!!

I go to see every new President and I am especially excited to see President Trump. I have seen every President added since the attraction began with President Nixon. I first noticed people booing during the second term of President Bush the Younger and it continued with President Obama. I expect this disrespectful, boorish behavior will not stop in the future.

Trying to take an agnostic view I think it has the potential to be really interesting as to what the end result is. Iger obviously has some sort of relationship with the Trump administration so wonder if that plays a role. Also wonder if any protestors will make an appearance when it opens
What's also interesting is Iger had a personal role with the campaign of the Clinton campaign. That's about as political as we can get here.

I hope we don't see protestors. I hope people just go to the attraction to listen to the current and former leaders of our country and to appreciate the fact that there are now 45 amazing animatronics in that show.

I have not been since my first time at MK at the age of 7, and have no interest to see again.

I imagine some people will be turned off, but then some might be more interested. On balance it appears more will be turned off. But I am sure others will still see this because its a disney attraction.

I have a feeling Trump's addition might generate more traffic than usual for the HoP, if for no other reason than the sensationalism that surrounds him. We will just miss the opportunity to see it on our May trip... I'm only sorry to miss the opportunity to enjoy the AC.

As a foreign guest with a US History degree I used to love Hall of Presidents as it was one of the few chances I ever got to indulge in my interest, but unfortunately I won't be visiting it again. If my family want to go in then they're free to do so, but I simply can't do it.

What's also interesting is Iger had a personal role with the campaign of the Clinton campaign. That's about as political as we can get here.

I hope we don't see protestors. I hope people just go to the attraction to listen to the current and former leaders of our country and to appreciate the fact that there are now 45 amazing animatronics in that show.

That's why I feel sorry for the Cast Members when it reopens; I just don't think some people will be able to sit nicely and watch the show with the new addition. I think they might have to increase management or security at least for the first few weeks.

Maybe. I usually go once just to see the new animatronic just to say I've seen it, but there's never a fire stirred to go, so maybe, maybe not.

I go to see every new President and I am especially excited to see President Trump. I have seen every President added since the attraction began with President Nixon. I first noticed people booing during the second term of President Bush the Younger and it continued with President Obama. I expect this disrespectful, boorish behavior will not stop in the future.
It's sad if people are choosing to go just to boo an animatronic.

Go on every single trip--at least once. Love the show no matter how many times we see it. But also love the break in A/C on a hot summer afternoon!

Now I think it will just be an extra time in the Carousel of Progress! Or even Tiki Room! Guess we'll just be getting our rest and A/C somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter