Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

Good night the Legos!! I wonder how many they used to make all of the scenes?

You had texted me the pic of San Francisco and for a second when I opened it up I thought you had jumped coasts on me. :rotfl: It looked like a real picture of the houses and street!

I am really astounded at the intricate work they did. I think seeing just that section would be worth the trip for a Lego Lover!
Thanks for posting all of those pics!!

:)

Some big boys had some serious fun designing and building all those Legos. Your DS could go into engineering and then go to work for Lego, that would be a cool job. We once watched a behind the scenes show about the Lego factory, I think it's in Sweden. The entire factory that makes all those billions of Legos only has something like 3 actual humans working in it! It is all done with robots. You should google it, very interesting.
Isn't today ADR day? Thought we'd hear about that.

Good night the Legos!! I wonder how many they used to make all of the scenes?

You had texted me the pic of San Francisco and for a second when I opened it up I thought you had jumped coasts on me. :rotfl: It looked like a real picture of the houses and street!

I am really astounded at the intricate work they did. I think seeing just that section would be worth the trip for a Lego Lover!
Thanks for posting all of those pics!!

:)

I think I might have read an article about how many Lego's they used in that display, but I can't remember now. :upsidedow

San Fransisco looked so cool in Lego's!!

You are right, just seeing that display is worth a trip to the park for any Lego lover. ::yes::

Some big boys had some serious fun designing and building all those Legos. Your DS could go into engineering and then go to work for Lego, that would be a cool job. We once watched a behind the scenes show about the Lego factory, I think it's in Sweden. The entire factory that makes all those billions of Legos only has something like 3 actual humans working in it! It is all done with robots. You should google it, very interesting.
Isn't today ADR day? Thought we'd hear about that.

I know!! DS would love to do that someday. We have talked about engineering for him and he thinks it's a great idea! :thumbsup2

I'll have to look up that Lego factory in Sweden. Sounds interesting.

Well yes, yesterday was my first ADR day. Since I have two resort reservations I have to make ADR's for each stay separately. So technically yesterday I could have made ADR's for the first few days. I didn't get too excited about it because I only want to make one for that portion of the stay. So I logged on to do it yesterday around this time and the system wouldn't recognize my GF ressie number. :confused3 Maybe because it was booked differently since it was comped. IDK. I can pull up the reservation online, but when I plug it in to make ADR's it says they are unable to link my resort ressie to my dining ADR's. I could call I suppose, but what I'm after there isn't a popular one, so I'm not too worried about it. Tomorrow is my ADR day for my Poly stay, so I will just do it all at once. Hopefully online, but if that doesn't work again I will have to call.

Well yes, yesterday was my first ADR day. Since I have two resort reservations I have to make ADR's for each stay separately. So technically yesterday I could have made ADR's for the first few days. I didn't get too excited about it because I only want to make one for that portion of the stay. So I logged on to do it yesterday around this time and the system wouldn't recognize my GF ressie number. :confused3 Maybe because it was booked differently since it was comped. IDK. I can pull up the reservation online, but when I plug it in to make ADR's it says they are unable to link my resort ressie to my dining ADR's. I could call I suppose, but what I'm after there isn't a popular one, so I'm not too worried about it. Tomorrow is my ADR day for my Poly stay, so I will just do it all at once. Hopefully online, but if that doesn't work again I will have to call.

This has been a problem since the first of the year. For some reason, the system does not recognize your resort reservation number at the 180 day mark. You'll have to call to make your ADR's.

Holy cow seriously???

Yet another thing in the list to drive us crazy, huh Shelly???

:confused3

You'd better use the Bat Phone.::yes::

I know. :scared1: Good grief.

First all the GF construction.

Then the no LC ADR thing.

And now I have to call WDW. :eek: You know my feelings on that one. :laughing:

Well did you call?

I had to create a whole new account as well as a new email in order to get into the system. (Remember I said it wouldn't let me in?? :confused3 I'll send you the new account bc I think I'm going to use that one for personal use anyway.)

Good grief!!!!:rolleyes2

Anyway-- I linked my reservation and it allowed me to make an ADR for Monday at Via Napoli. It's listed under my reservations so I need to pull the ones IPO made for me to link them all together I guess.

I'm thinking yours won't let you do it b/c of the way you had to make the GF reservation. Maybe?? IDK.:crazy2:

Shelly, my son Dimitri and I read your TR together last night. He loved all of your photos so now that's all I am hearing about today! :rotfl: "BRING ME TO LEGOLAND MOM!"

Well did you call?

I had to create a whole new account as well as a new email in order to get into the system. (Remember I said it wouldn't let me in?? :confused3 I'll send you the new account bc I think I'm going to use that one for personal use anyway.)

Good grief!!!!:rolleyes2

Anyway-- I linked my reservation and it allowed me to make an ADR for Monday at Via Napoli. It's listed under my reservations so I need to pull the ones IPO made for me to link them all together I guess.

I'm thinking yours won't let you do it b/c of the way you had to make the GF reservation. Maybe?? IDK.:crazy2:

Heck no I didn't call!! You know I will only do that as a last ditch effort. :laughing:

I guess I will call tomorrow if it won't let me make ADR's with my Poly ressie....

I can't believe you had to make a whole new account. :scared1: Good grief. At least it let you make an ADR though.

Shelly, my son Dimitri and I read your TR together last night. He loved all of your photos so now that's all I am hearing about today! :rotfl: "BRING ME TO LEGOLAND MOM!"

Am I seeing a trip to LegoLand in your future Kelli??? :rotfl:

I say go for it!! :cool1:

I can only imagine how long it took to build all those displays! :crazy2: Holy Cow!

I know!! :faint:

YAY for Mtn. Dew!! :banana: I know you go through withdrawals when at WDW.

Those Lego displays are amazing!!
I can't believe you are at 180 days already! It felt so weird to me one year making ADRs right after getting back. But there's nothing wrong with that! You lucky duck!!!

It was enjoyable seeing what Legoland had to offer. I am amazed just thinking of all the time that must have gone into all the lego structures in that park!!!! Or even just minland itself!! wow!

Looks like it was a good day and that you all found things to do to make it worth a visit :)

I was able to get my December ADR's ONLINE this morning!! :cool1: I was so happy that I didn't have to call. It took my Poly ressie # and let me book my ADR's with no problem! Must have just been the GF ressie that it could not recognize the other day.

I did not get LeCellier, but I knew I wouldn't be able to. Everyone is talking about it on the boards. It and several other Epcot restaurants (Bistro de Paris, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, La Hacienda, and Rose & Crown) are not releasing ADR's during that time yet. Something about waiting for the Candlelight Processional packages to come out and letting those people book first and then they will be released to the rest of us after that. Sometime later this month I guess.....Kind of stinks. We used to love LC, but then had a bad experience there about 3 trips back and haven't been there since. We were finally wanting to go back and now might not be able to get an ADR because of the CP. :sad2:

Oh well, I'll keep trying!

So this is what I got:

Ohana (2X) - probably only keeping one
Kona Cafe (2X)
Mama Melrose
Plaza Restaurant
Rainforest Cafe - Not sure about this one....we ate there on our very first trip in 2005 and it was okay. I'm just looking for somewhere for dinner at AK before we head back to the resort for the evening. We may end up cancelling and doing CS...

That's it for now. I'm sure it will change between now and December lots of times though! :upsidedow

YAY for Mtn. Dew!! :banana: I know you go through withdrawals when at WDW.

Those Lego displays are amazing!!
I can't believe you are at 180 days already! It felt so weird to me one year making ADRs right after getting back. But there's nothing wrong with that! You lucky duck!!!

I do, so it was so nice to see it there!!! :cool1:

It does feel weird making my ADR's already. I didn't even get up at the crack of dawn to do it. I was just like, when I get up I'll do it. Whatever. :confused3:laughing: So not like me!

It was enjoyable seeing what Legoland had to offer. I am amazed just thinking of all the time that must have gone into all the lego structures in that park!!!! Or even just minland itself!! wow!

Looks like it was a good day and that you all found things to do to make it worth a visit :)

Glad you enjoyed the Lego pics. :) It was quite the display!

Okay, so I feel like everyone is probably getting tired of all the LegoLand posts, so I am going to try to get through them quickly and then we can get to Celebration and then back to Disney!!! :cool1:

After our extensive tour of MiniLand USA we were off to see the famous Cypress Gardens. Here is a little info about the gardens: “Legoland Florida has taken great care to preserve the soul of the park – the historic gardens established on the grounds of its Cypress Gardens predecessor more than 75 years ago. The beautiful and historic botanical gardens have been restored to pristine condition, and the collection of native plants, including azaleas and camellias, have been reclaimed and combined with a range of exotic species to create a horticultural masterpiece. Still standing sentinel in the garden is the vast Banyan tree that was planted as a seedling in 1939.”

On our way ~

a4232231.jpg

5ab06e77.jpg

49365459.jpg

beeecbab.jpg

DS10 was a little hyped up on Mtn Dew! :dance3: He never does crazy poses like these. It's always DS13 doing crazy things!

a4d00a03.jpg

6ae1d346.jpg

Of course DS13 couldn't go without joining in!

276035ba.jpg

And we were finally there.

46d41a17.jpg

LegoLand is right beside Lake Eloise. The gardens were very beautiful and had lots of shade, thankfully. It was so hot that day!

7b685450.jpg

0ff28068.jpg

4393998c.jpg

fb349ee8.jpg

e98a62e2.jpg

d1daaafe.jpg

11259bc0.jpg

b4188695.jpg

There was some water spraying here. Of course DS couldn't resist!

5abc350c.jpg

Continued in next post.....

Continued.....

We took a little break on a bench here by the lake. Very nice spot for a rest. Too bad we didn't see any gators!

471a27b7.jpg

76487c94.jpg

2e7387d7.jpg

And we finally came across the famous Banyan tree. What an awesome site to see!

75d0e54c.jpg

e0f6d147.jpg

898725c0.jpg

1672cfda.jpg

ea1753e8.jpg

2753fbeb.jpg

Looking off in the distance we could see some of the new waterpark.

c0f14d44.jpg

6d913819.jpg

533272bc.jpg

4ed43ce0.jpg

Up Next: Pirate's Cove Live Water Ski Show pirate:

our friends went to LL and Cypress Gardens in Dec last year,..they were totally amazed by that tree and had NO idea what it was or what the name of it was--I Can't believe they didn't ask someone!! It's really amazing!!!

Love this update! Those pics of your boys are so cute. Hyped up on Mt. Dew! :lmao: I think he's just wanting to be like his big brudda! Next thing you know, you'll be filming him dancing. ;)

Those pics of Cypress Gardens are beautiful. And that tree is amazing! I can remember seeing water skiing shows at Cypress Gardens on TV when I was a kid (a very, very young child :laughing:) and always wanting to go there.

Very cute pic of you and your DH. :thumbsup2

I wonder if people ever do see alligators. :scared1: There would be no need for a sign to tell me not to approach, touch, or feed one!

"Choot 'em!" ;)

Cypress Gardens looks beautiful!:thumbsup2. And those pictures of your DS10 are adorable! He looked so happy, so did your DS13!

That tree is so neat too! It looks like you all were having a lot of fun! I'm trying to think of something different to do in August that's not in WDW. I'm thinking of possibly walking around Universal CityWalk, but I'm just not sure yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter