Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

Happy End of School!! :cool1: I always loved when the kids got out for the summer. Their last day was always a half day, too, with just Mass and awards. Then we'd head for Wal-Mart or somewhere to buy fun stuff for summer and vacations. Miss those days! :sad1: That's a big crowd you have coming! :worship: I'm very impressed! Do you plan the stuff for them to do or do they just get out and play and have fun? I bet your boys are really excited! They are lucky to have a Mom who does things like that. :thumbsup2 Sad to say, teenagers aren't the only ones who don't RSVP. I only heard from about half of the people when I helped with my niece's shower recently. We paid up-front for way too many people, to the tune of about $20 a person. :headache:

LL really seems to have some really fun rides and attractions. It's good that it works out for y'all to split up where everybody gets to do what they like and skip what they don't. Love the pics of DS10 in the Lego car!

Have a super-fun afternoon!!

Thanks Teri! :goodvibes I'm so happy school is out. No more getting up at the butt crack of dawn everyday, no more packing lunches, no more homework!! :cool1:

Well we don't really have too many activities planned, if any really. :upsidedow DS10's friends all love to play kickball (his class just won the 4th grade kickball tournament earlier this week! :yay:), so I'm guessing there will be a big game of that going on at some point. We also have the volleyball net set up. So they can play volleyball and/or badminton I guess. DS13 says him and his friends will probably just hang out and talk & listen to music. Don't you wish you were that cool again?! :rolleyes::cool2:

:laughing:

It was supposed to be sunny and 80 all day. Well, it's 80. But the sun has suddenly disappeared behind a giant cloud that his right above my house!!!:scared1: DS10 just came in and said it is sprinkling. :eek: This wasn't supposed to happen! :sad2: I sure hope this blows over. :wizard:

IDK why people can't RSVP. It especially irritates me with adults. :headache: That is terrible that you had to pay for people for the shower because they couldn't let you know if they were coming or not.

It was a fun day at LegoLand!!:cool1: DS10 really enjoyed driving that Lego car!:)

Wow last day!! woohoo Me and the boys have until the 20th :sad1:
I can't wait!!!

Dropped off another resume today. I got a rejection letter the other day-I was pretty bummed (I didn't even get an interview :sad2:)

Trying to look on the bright side. My DH and I are going away for a few days to Atlantic City the week after school gets out. I need to get my mind off of job hunting for a while. It's so mentally draining.

If I don't get a position this year, I need to try to think of something else I can do. I've never had another job besides teaching:scared1: I am scared to death and not really sure what I can do with a teaching degree. Any ideas???

Have a great end-of-year party Shelly!!! DS has been out of school for about a week and a half now. Of course, we go back way earlier than your kids do!

Wow last day!! woohoo Me and the boys have until the 20th :sad1:
I can't wait!!!

Dropped off another resume today. I got a rejection letter the other day-I was pretty bummed (I didn't even get an interview :sad2:)

Trying to look on the bright side. My DH and I are going away for a few days to Atlantic City the week after school gets out. I need to get my mind off of job hunting for a while. It's so mentally draining.

If I don't get a position this year, I need to try to think of something else I can do. I've never had another job besides teaching:scared1: I am scared to death and not really sure what I can do with a teaching degree. Any ideas???

The 20th??? :scared1: That's a long school year! When do you guys start?

Sorry about the rejection letter. That stinks that you didn't even get an interview. :sad2: If it's anything like it is here is it nearly impossible to find a teaching job anymore. I feel so bad for the subs who want a permanent position. And the kids just out of college. There is just nothing. They are filling all positions from within or just not replacing those who retire.

The only thing I know of to tell you is to look into AmeriCorp teaching. It doesn't pay much but it gets your foot in the door for a few years. And check with your YMCA if they have a childcare program. Ours was recently looking for someone with a teaching degree for something.

I hope you and your DH have a fun trip to Atlantic City and you can relax and take a little break from the job hunting. :goodvibes

Have a great end-of-year party Shelly!!! DS has been out of school for about a week and a half now. Of course, we go back way earlier than your kids do!

Thanks! The party was great, everyone had a fun time!! :yay:

I think a lot of schools have been out for a week or two now. But yes, we don't have to so back until Sept 4!!:cool1:

Count me in!! I have really enjoyed your TR.

Welcome! :goodvibes Glad you are enjoying the TR, feel free to jump right in and comment anytime! :thumbsup2

The 20th??? :scared1: That's a long school year! When do you guys start?

Sorry about the rejection letter. That stinks that you didn't even get an interview. :sad2: If it's anything like it is here is it nearly impossible to find a teaching job anymore. I feel so bad for the subs who want a permanent position. And the kids just out of college. There is just nothing. They are filling all positions from within or just not replacing those who retire.

The only thing I know of to tell you is to look into AmeriCorp teaching. It doesn't pay much but it gets your foot in the door for a few years. And check with your YMCA if they have a childcare program. Ours was recently looking for someone with a teaching degree for something.

I hope you and your DH have a fun trip to Atlantic City and you can relax and take a little break from the job hunting. :goodvibes

We go back right after labor day just like you :confused:
I'll look into those options thanks!
I'm sure it'll be relaxing- I can't wait! The kids are looking forward to staying with my parents too ( b/c they spoil them!!!)

:cool1: :banana: HAPPY 6 MONTHS, SHELLY!! :banana: :cool1:

:yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

You're thisclose to going!!

Okay not really but it sounded good. ;)

Teri--
Thank you for my 6 month party!:goodvibes

And to answer your question about moving-- yes, sort of. There is always the possibility of us going and we already know where we'll be next time. Almost 75% sure I'd say, but no plans in the works yet. Just-- in the future "sometime" is all we know.

Next stop...

California.

:faint:

What the heck?? There's no SEC there!!:laughing:

We go back right after labor day just like you :confused:
I'll look into those options thanks!
I'm sure it'll be relaxing- I can't wait! The kids are looking forward to staying with my parents too ( b/c they spoil them!!!)

Hmm...you guys must get much longer breaks during the school year than we do!!

Hope you find something. :wizard:

I'm sure your kids will have a blast with the grandparents! :cool1:

:cool1: :banana: HAPPY 6 MONTHS, SHELLY!! :banana: :cool1:

:yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

You're thisclose to going!!

Okay not really but it sounded good. ;)

Thank you!!!! :woohoo:

Look at our tickers - starting with 5's now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana:

Good morning! :goodvibes I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It was just beautiful here. We got a few sprinkles Friday afternoon and that was it! Sunny and in the 80's all weekend. Perfect! :cool1:

The kids are enjoying their first official school day off by cleaning out their rooms & closets! I'm mean, I know. :rotfl:

So back to the TR - when I left off we were at LL and about to get some lunch.....

We trekked clear back across and towards the front of the park and finally made our way to the Pizza and Pasta Buffet!

675aafe9.jpg

It was kind of a strange set up, but it worked I guess. You waited in line to check in. Then you were seated. Then someone came to your table and asked how many buffets you wanted and then told you how much it costs and then you paid them. I don't really care for someone taking my credit card out of site, but what are you going to do? Then they came back with a receipt and explained where everything was and so on.

There was indoor & outdoor seating, but it was very HOT by now so we opted for some air conditioning!!

DH & DS13 while we waited for our receipt.

434b6dbd.jpg

We were seated in the room where the pop machine was. It was self serve, so there was a lot of traffic in there. Luckily we weren't seated right next to it. And then there it was – a site for sore eyes – a Pepsi machine!!! :cool1: Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!! You never see one of those at WDW! DS10 and I were so happy! Mtn. Dew! :cloud9: YAY :woohoo:

bfed66cf.jpg

The salad, pizza, and pasta buffet were in another room.

526840ee.jpg

94fffef4.jpg

45ac2ba1.jpg

0a038eb5.jpg

6a5c9bae.jpg

ab564874.jpg

944564c7.jpg

f4c8843c.jpg

14496b9c.jpg

The pizza there was not the best. The kids didn't really like it at all. DH thought it was okay. I could take it or leave it. Luckily the breadsticks were fabulous! The kids ate a ton of them. Apparently a lot of other people liked them too because the buffet kept running out of them. But DS13 was on it! He kept going back up and checking and would bring back a plateful as soon as they had been put out. So they filled up on breadsticks. The salad bar was very nice so I had a big salad and lots of breadsticks too!

Total Bill: $38.48
Rating: 7 out of 10

Up Next: MiniLand USA!

didn't seem to have much out for the buffet...maybe they aren't busy until summer...I hate being disappointed at a pizza place, but I love salad, so I can stand it...the kids would have eaten all that bread too!!! and look on that Pepsi machine!! DR. PEPPER!!! aaahhhhh I love it!
We do the room/closet clean out periodically too--usually when we finish school each semester is when it's a deep clean. They all hate doing it, but are so happy with it when they are finished!

Well, that buffet looked pitiful after seeing the last buffet you wrote about.:rotfl:

Too bad the pizza was severely lacking. I love pizza, but since going Gluten Free I've only been able to find one place locally that has a crust I can eat. I'm thinking that buffet probably had nothing for a GF diet.:rotfl2:

Glad that the breadsticks and salad were good. And the price really didn't seem too bad at all, considering it was a theme park!:thumbsup2 You almost can't order two pizzas at Dominos for that price.

And yay for pepsi products!! :woohoo: I can now only have clear sodas so my Mtn Dew addiction is in full effect, so I feel your pain.
I know you were in heaven when you saw that machine!:love:

Can't wait for more!

didn't seem to have much out for the buffet...maybe they aren't busy until summer...I hate being disappointed at a pizza place, but I love salad, so I can stand it...the kids would have eaten all that bread too!!! and look on that Pepsi machine!! DR. PEPPER!!! aaahhhhh I love it!
We do the room/closet clean out periodically too--usually when we finish school each semester is when it's a deep clean. They all hate doing it, but are so happy with it when they are finished!

Yeah, they seemed to be having trouble keeping the buffet stocked. :confused3 And it wasn't even that busy when we went in. It was starting to get pretty packed by the time we left though.

It was so nice to see that Pepsi machine!!!! :love: If I could change one thing about WDW it would be that they switch from Coke to Pepsi!! ::yes::

The kids rooms and closets look so nice!! :goodvibes

Well, that buffet looked pitiful after seeing the last buffet you wrote about.:rotfl:

Too bad the pizza was severely lacking. I love pizza, but since going Gluten Free I've only been able to find one place locally that has a crust I can eat. I'm thinking that buffet probably had nothing for a GF diet.:rotfl2:

Glad that the breadsticks and salad were good. And the price really didn't seem too bad at all, considering it was a theme park!:thumbsup2 You almost can't order two pizzas at Dominos for that price.

And yay for pepsi products!! :woohoo: I can now only have clear sodas so my Mtn Dew addiction is in full effect, so I feel your pain.
I know you were in heaven when you saw that machine!:love:

Can't wait for more!

Yeah it does!! :laughing: Remember all that food at Garden Grove?!! :faint:

I don't remember seeing any Gluten free food at LL. But then I wasn't really looking. I doubt that pizza crust would have been GF. Although it wasn't very tasty, so maybe....:rotfl:

I was happy with the price. That is a good price for a theme park meal I think. Especially for a buffet. And the salad bar was really good and kept very clean.

Mtn Dew and Diet Pepsi - can't live without them!! :cloud9: WDW makes it pretty hard on me!!

Yay for school being out!:cool1: We still have until the 19th.:headache: I am DISing right now during my lunch break...shh don't tell anyone!

I agree with Jo...that buffet did seem to be lacking after looking at Garden Grove's buffet! But, at least the food wasn't too bad.

Sorry I missed Jo's and yours 6 month party...WDW will be here for you before you know it! Especially since summer always flies by! I did a little shopping, well a lot of shopping actually, for our trip this past weekend. I ordered a bunch of things from Old Navy and hit the mall this past weekend! I'm ready to go! Too bad there are still 51 more days!:rotfl:

You probably already knew this, but you picked a good week to go in December. Pop Warner is there from Dec. 1-8. That weekend (the 8th) will likely be pretty crowded. The 7th will probably be MK parade taping.

Yay for school being out!:cool1: We still have until the 19th.:headache: I am DISing right now during my lunch break...shh don't tell anyone!

I agree with Jo...that buffet did seem to be lacking after looking at Garden Grove's buffet! But, at least the food wasn't too bad.

Sorry I missed Jo's and yours 6 month party...WDW will be here for you before you know it! Especially since summer always flies by! I did a little shopping, well a lot of shopping actually, for our trip this past weekend. I ordered a bunch of things from Old Navy and hit the mall this past weekend! I'm ready to go! Too bad there are still 51 more days!:rotfl:

Hang in there, only one more week to go!! :cool1: Do you get the summer off too?

Yeah, I was happy with the pizza buffet at LL. Surprised that there wasn't more pizza & stuff on it at all times, but still pretty happy with it overall!

That's okay, we'll be having plenty more count down parties!! It's so far away -- 181 days for me to be exact! :faint:

Congrats on the shopping!! :woohoo: The next 51 days will fly by, like you said - summer always does! :upsidedow

You probably already knew this, but you picked a good week to go in December. Pop Warner is there from Dec. 1-8. That weekend (the 8th) will likely be pretty crowded. The 7th will probably be MK parade taping.

Well, it was the only week in Dec available on the BB so I didn't really have any other choice!! :rotfl: But yes, I'm hoping all the Pop Warner peeps clear out by the time we get there on the 9th!! I'm not even planning on going to a park that day. Anymore it seems that the weekends in the parks are always so busy.

Hang in there, only one more week to go!! :cool1: Do you get the summer off too?

Yeah, I was happy with the pizza buffet at LL. Surprised that there wasn't more pizza & stuff on it at all times, but still pretty happy with it overall!

That's okay, we'll be having plenty more count down parties!! It's so far away -- 181 days for me to be exact! :faint:

Congrats on the shopping!! :woohoo: The next 51 days will fly by, like you said - summer always does! :upsidedow

I know, only one more week to go! I usually get pretty much the whole summer off, but I will be working more this summer. Our elementary school is actually being knocked down this summer! It is SO old, and they will be building a new one on the same site. Therefore, I will be working at a different school next year as a secretary until the new school is built. I have a lot of packing/moving to do before the school is knocked down! It's good though---I will be kept busy and the kids are going to get a brand new school!:thumbsup2

I'm betting that seeing that Mountain Dew was offered made up for the meh tasting pizza. :rotfl: The buffet didn't look very big so it's too bad that what they did have out wasn't that great.

I know, only one more week to go! I usually get pretty much the whole summer off, but I will be working more this summer. Our elementary school is actually being knocked down this summer! It is SO old, and they will be building a new one on the same site. Therefore, I will be working at a different school next year as a secretary until the new school is built. I have a lot of packing/moving to do before the school is knocked down! It's good though---I will be kept busy and the kids are going to get a brand new school!:thumbsup2

That is great that you are getting a new elementary building!! We got a new middle school last year and it is so nice. Good luck with the packing & moving!

I'm betting that seeing that Mountain Dew was offered made up for the meh tasting pizza. :rotfl: The buffet didn't look very big so it's too bad that what they did have out wasn't that great.

Yeah, once I saw the Pepsi machine I knew it was going to be a good lunch no matter what! :rotfl:

That food looks ok for theme park food, I guess.

Theme park food here in the UK is terrible and twice as expensive as Florida, which is probably why I pay prefer to pay the airfare to WDW instead!

I'm glad you found your Moutain Dew :woohoo: I'm a Sprite Zero girl so Coke products work well for me at Disney :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter