Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

So maybe the LL buffet wasn't the biggest or best, but something else caught my eye - it looked clean! :laughing: Yeah, I would notice that. :rolleyes: It made me laugh when you said DS13 was watching for fresh breadsticks. We've been to buffets before where one of us was the watchdog for some particular thing to be put out. You hate to look like pigs, but sometimes the good things go fast and you have to be on your toes! :laughing: I wouldn't have like the drink selection, though. Diet Coke :thumbsup2 Diet Pepsi :sick: ;)

Lucky you for the good weekend weather! We had rain off and on all weekend, and I blame it for my Tigers losing the baseball playoffs which would have sent them to the College World Series. :sad1: We had rain delays and/or playing in the rain all 3 days. That's not really why we lost - we just played awful. I'm just ticked because my sister and I had planned to go to Omaha for the first time ever if they made it. :sad: DS was in Gulf Shores, AL where there was about a foot of rain and flooding all weekend. So much for the beach! At least we have some sunshine today! :sunny: Hot, sticky, muggy, sunshine, but sunshine! :laughing:

Jodi - Californie??? I'm shocked! I thought you must be moving closer to Shelly! I think I would have loved moving around and experiencing different parts of the country, but I've been stuck down here my whole life. :rolleyes: My nephew moved to San Francisco and recently went camping in Yosemite. BEAUTIFUL pics!! Lucky you!! And Geaux Gators!

The 20th??? :scared1: That's a long school year! When do you guys start?

Madison is in school until the 19th and we started the Tuesday after Labor Day. I wish they could just finish up this week and be done, but instead they always make them go back for a Monday and Tuesday. So silly!

I'm loving your Legoland pictures. I don't think we'll ever get over there. Madison likes legos, but she would probably think everything is "not for her". She's 9 going on 20 sometimes!

That food looks ok for theme park food, I guess.

Theme park food here in the UK is terrible and twice as expensive as Florida, which is probably why I pay prefer to pay the airfare to WDW instead!

I'm glad you found your Moutain Dew :woohoo: I'm a Sprite Zero girl so Coke products work well for me at Disney :goodvibes

Wow I can't believe theme park food is more expensive over there than at WDW. :scared1:

So maybe the LL buffet wasn't the biggest or best, but something else caught my eye - it looked clean! :laughing: Yeah, I would notice that. :rolleyes: It made me laugh when you said DS13 was watching for fresh breadsticks. We've been to buffets before where one of us was the watchdog for some particular thing to be put out. You hate to look like pigs, but sometimes the good things go fast and you have to be on your toes! :laughing: I wouldn't have like the drink selection, though. Diet Coke :thumbsup2 Diet Pepsi :sick: ;)

Lucky you for the good weekend weather! We had rain off and on all weekend, and I blame it for my Tigers losing the baseball playoffs which would have sent them to the College World Series. :sad1: We had rain delays and/or playing in the rain all 3 days. That's not really why we lost - we just played awful. I'm just ticked because my sister and I had planned to go to Omaha for the first time ever if they made it. :sad: DS was in Gulf Shores, AL where there was about a foot of rain and flooding all weekend. So much for the beach! At least we have some sunshine today! :sunny: Hot, sticky, muggy, sunshine, but sunshine! :laughing:

Jodi - Californie??? I'm shocked! I thought you must be moving closer to Shelly! I think I would have loved moving around and experiencing different parts of the country, but I've been stuck down here my whole life. :rolleyes: My nephew moved to San Francisco and recently went camping in Yosemite. BEAUTIFUL pics!! Lucky you!! And Geaux Gators!

It was very clean!! I thought of you and Jo! :laughing: Yeah, you hate to look like hogs, but it's best to have a 'watcher' for hot fresh food when they are slow to put it out and it goes fast. Plus you know that no one else has touched it! :rotfl:

Sorry all the rain ruined your weekend plans. That stinks! :headache: We are getting some rain now. Not a lot but I think it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. Yes, my kids are bored already! :upsidedow

Madison is in school until the 19th and we started the Tuesday after Labor Day. I wish they could just finish up this week and be done, but instead they always make them go back for a Monday and Tuesday. So silly!

I'm loving your Legoland pictures. I don't think we'll ever get over there. Madison likes legos, but she would probably think everything is "not for her". She's 9 going on 20 sometimes!

That is such a long school year! :faint: I bet you will be so happy when she is home for the summer!!

You never know, your little guy just might end up loving Legos!! :yay:

Ahh,I've been MIA! Sooo sorry! Loving your TR so far though! :thumbsup2 From the sounds of it so far, your experience at Beach Club sounds similar to ours from last year. Our room was NOT clean when we entered our room. Turns out that there was a mix-up as mousekeeping thought that they were just doing a quick cleaning of the room for the previous guests. They didn't know that new guests were arriving that day. After we complained about the state of the room, the front desk immediately sent a woman up to clean our room. The woman was soooo upset about the mix-up, that we started to apologize to HER and tell her it's no big deal! :lmao: I got sick the next day and felt miserable for most of our trip. :( We enjoyed one nice day at SAB, but other than that, the trip was a bust. I'm hoping that your trip was better than ours!!!!! I still want to give the Beach Club another try sometime, but dh has said no. We'll see! ;)

I've loved reading about your LL day as I've got some friends going soon and will be sure to pass along your info to them. Thanks for the wonderful review so far. I'm living vicariously! :)

Ahh,I've been MIA! Sooo sorry! Loving your TR so far though! :thumbsup2 From the sounds of it so far, your experience at Beach Club sounds similar to ours from last year. Our room was NOT clean when we entered our room. Turns out that there was a mix-up as mousekeeping thought that they were just doing a quick cleaning of the room for the previous guests. They didn't know that new guests were arriving that day. After we complained about the state of the room, the front desk immediately sent a woman up to clean our room. The woman was soooo upset about the mix-up, that we started to apologize to HER and tell her it's no big deal! :lmao: I got sick the next day and felt miserable for most of our trip. :( We enjoyed one nice day at SAB, but other than that, the trip was a bust. I'm hoping that your trip was better than ours!!!!! I still want to give the Beach Club another try sometime, but dh has said no. We'll see! ;)

I've loved reading about your LL day as I've got some friends going soon and will be sure to pass along your info to them. Thanks for the wonderful review so far. I'm living vicariously! :)

Welcome, so glad you are here!! :goodvibes

Sounds like your trip wasn't exactly the best either. :sad2: I'm so sorry. That stinks! :headache: Ours was not the greatest either, but I don't think it was a total bust. At least that's what I keep trying to tell myself anyway. :rotfl: Maybe I should let all the readers here be the judge of that!! :laughing:

My DH says no way to ever trying the BC again. Sadly I have to agree with him.

Glad you are enjoying the LL report. I have a lot more of LL to come!

That buffet looked pretty simple. It looks like one of the ones that are 5$pp off of the highways on the drive to disney. I can't remeber the name of the chain restaurant.

I am jealous we still have a week and 2 days left of school. My girls are counting down the days. Our district has a set end day and gave us sporadic days off to account for no snow days this year. Now I am trying to decided on summer camps for the girls. We have a week in NC planned for the first full week in august but I have no plans for July. Just want to do like a 1 week thing to keep them busy and happy.

Before we had lunch we could see that it was getting super crowded at LegoLand. So we didn't really expect to be able to do too much more with our day there. DS10 was anxiously awaiting seeing MiniLand USA – a giant display of Lego's! And I wanted to walk through the Cypress Gardens and at some point before we left I wanted to get some of the famous LL Apple Fries. Other than that I thought maybe we would see a show or two, let DS do his shopping, and call it a day.

MiniLand USA was right outside of the Pizza & Pasta place we just had lunch at, so we refilled our cups with Mtn. Dew and headed outside!

MiniLand USA is a big section of the park that has 8 specially themed areas of Lego Displays: FL, NY, CA, Daytona Speedway, Kennedy Space Center, Pirate's Cove, Las Vegas, and Washington DC.

4a9d010a.jpg

This is really an amazing display. I'm not a huge Lego fan myself, they tend to get on my nerves. Just never had the patience to sit and put those things together. But this display even impressed me. DS10 can sit and play and build these things for hours & hours, so obviously he was thoroughly impressed. I had my camera out and DS10 had his camera out, so we have a TON of pictures of this area. I'm not sure the pics really do these displays justice, but here you go! Some of them had smoke coming out (like the Space Center rocket), some moved, some shot out water, etc.

I won't bother to narrate here, you can pretty much tell what is what, so I will just post the pics and let you see!

9807a4cf.jpg

159dcbda.jpg

4df2585b.jpg

8cbd6667.jpg

daf2d7dc.jpg

28d820a7.jpg

bfcd78ce.jpg

1759c656.jpg

84cb3667.jpg

9cbfe37a.jpg

c6327e2a.jpg

f232ddd4.jpg

94e4be42.jpg

61ab27dc.jpg

40e886f1.jpg

ab0664ca.jpg

e47694b8.jpg

5be45ed7.jpg

5a762398.jpg

3b013112.jpg

8676bdfe.jpg

Continued in next post.....

Wow I absolutely loved all of those pics!

I really want to go see it for myself in October now, I especially loved the Las Vegas and San Francisco displays, they are incredible!

That buffet looked pretty simple. It looks like one of the ones that are 5$pp off of the highways on the drive to disney. I can't remeber the name of the chain restaurant.

I am jealous we still have a week and 2 days left of school. My girls are counting down the days. Our district has a set end day and gave us sporadic days off to account for no snow days this year. Now I am trying to decided on summer camps for the girls. We have a week in NC planned for the first full week in august but I have no plans for July. Just want to do like a 1 week thing to keep them busy and happy.

It was pretty simple, but it did the job!

I am so surprised by the number of schools I am hearing about that aren't out until next week. :scared1: I thought we went late!! Have a fun trip to NC! We don't really have any summer plans. Just kind of going with the flow and saving for WDW in December!

Wow I absolutely loved all of those pics!

I really want to go see it for myself in October now, I especially loved the Las Vegas and San Francisco displays, they are incredible!

Glad you enjoyed the pics! :cool1: It was a pretty cool display. You are right, the San Fransisco and Las Vegas displays are especially great!

Wow, Miniland USA is unbelievable! I am shocked at the details in all the different cities. But I have a question which I hope doesn't sound too dumb. :laughing: The whole thing looks like it is outdoors, and I am wondering how all the Lego pieces aren't disturbed by the weather. A lot of the pieces look very small, especially the "people" in the scenes, and it seems like wind and rain would blow them away! So the question is, am I crazy? :crazy2: No, wait, don't answer that! Am I seeing things correctly, that the pieces really are small and really outside? ;)

I can tell your DS10 really enjoyed his LL surprise! :goodvibes

Wow, Miniland USA is unbelievable! I am shocked at the details in all the different cities. But I have a question which I hope doesn't sound too dumb. :laughing: The whole thing looks like it is outdoors, and I am wondering how all the Lego pieces aren't disturbed by the weather. A lot of the pieces look very small, especially the "people" in the scenes, and it seems like wind and rain would blow them away! So the question is, am I crazy? :crazy2: No, wait, don't answer that! Am I seeing things correctly, that the pieces really are small and really outside? ;)

I can tell your DS10 really enjoyed his LL surprise! :goodvibes

Yep, it is all outside! And it's not a dumb question at all!! I wondered the same thing. And I'm not really sure what the answer is. I am guessing they are all glued together, so that helps. And I bet they are constantly replacing and repairing the displays. I would think the sun would cause some fading too. I don't know -- but it all looked great! Of course the park has only been open since last October!

LL looks amazing! At first glance I thought the pizza looked like Pizza Hut but since you said it wasn't very good I guess not.

Mt Dew Happy Dance:dance3:

those pics of legoland look great. Very interesting to see i could imagine how much it would really be to see it in person.

Wow, great pics of LL ! It's all so Legoey .. :laughing: Looks like your son is having a great time !
I have no patience for building those things either and I can't imagine sitting there building whole cities ! Fascinating though when you look at the details. :thumbsup2

those pics of legoland look great. Very interesting to see i could imagine how much it would really be to see it in person.

It is very neat in person! :)

Wow, great pics of LL ! It's all so Legoey .. :laughing: Looks like your son is having a great time !
I have no patience for building those things either and I can't imagine sitting there building whole cities ! Fascinating though when you look at the details. :thumbsup2

:laughing: I like that word -- Legoey!! :rotfl:

DS was having a great time!

The details in those displays were so amazing, I can't imagine the time that went into building all that. :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter