Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Just wanted to report in, we took a Mears Taxi, (we didn't call it, we took one of the ones waiting at the resort), from the Port Orleans Riverside to the Royal Pacific Hotel, 2 people, and the fare was just shy of $35. I paid $40 with tip.

Thanks for posting this. I was leaning toward a taxi instead of the shuttle for the flexibility and it looks like the price for 3 people comes out to not that much more for the cab; Mears Shuttle, 19.00 per person and taxi - 35.00 per car: sounds good to me. Did you have to call in advance or did the hotel call for you?

Thanks for posting this. I was leaning toward a taxi instead of the shuttle for the flexibility and it looks like the price for 3 people comes out to not that much more for the cab; Mears Shuttle, 19.00 per person and taxi - 35.00 per car: sounds good to me. Did you have to call in advance or did the hotel call for you?

Nope. :-) Most of the hotels have taxi's sitting in their main parking lots in front of their check in buildings. The Valets in front of the hotel that greet you will just signal one up for you.

Does the Mears Shuttle run on a specific time or just as needed?

We took the Mears shuttle to IoA two weeks ago and they told us that in the mornings the shuttles pick up at three times: 6:50, 7:50 and 8:50. In the afternoons, their first pick up is at 3:15 and then every hour after that.

Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited recently? Looking for recent reviews on the experience. We have 8 adults wanting to go to Universal from Disney and Dreams Unlimited seems to be the most cost effective, unless anyone has other thoughts. Open for ideas....Thanks in advance!!!

bobber84 said:
Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited recently? Looking for recent reviews on the experience. We have 8 adults wanting to go to Universal from Disney and Dreams Unlimited seems to be the most cost effective, unless anyone has other thoughts. Open for ideas....Thanks in advance!!!

We used them today! We bought the ticket/transportation package and were very pleased. It was super easy to arrange pickup and the shuttle was right on time. We arrived at IoA at 7:55 and were allowed early entry into WWOHP! The only negative I have is that on out return trip, we had to go to Sea World to pick up, which took a little while, but that is to be expected. Would def recommend!

I thought about Disney Dreams Transportation BUT, the reviews said they would have to load and unload people on the return trip in a motorcoach bus. After walking all day the last thing you want is to go to EVERY resort or park to drop off people.

Do mears vans wait in the taxi lanes? We have a party of 6 and as of now taxi's look like the better option for us since car rentals have sky high rates.

Heading to Disney at the end of October and looking to spend the day at Universal on Halloween (The day before my birthday!). We will likely take a taxi since the timing I've heard is better and worth the extra bit it may cost. I saw someone post that there will be taxis outside the hotel pretty much the whole time (We're at All-Star Movies). Is this correct? Or should be call/have the hotel call? Or is it in bad taste to have Disney call us a cab for Universal?

Hey everyone. I would like to report my experience with Mears. I booked a package on DreamsUnlimited with tickets and roundtrip transfer from wdw to universal. We did it 2 days in a row in september. Very good time to visit as in one day we could have done every single attraction. The transportation was a bit random and can take up longer than a taxi. The drivers dont really care. Im not sur I would do it again.

briandclement said:
Hey everyone. I would like to report my experience with Mears. I booked a package on DreamsUnlimited with tickets and roundtrip transfer from wdw to universal. We did it 2 days in a row in september. Very good time to visit as in one day we could have done every single attraction. The transportation was a bit random and can take up longer than a taxi. The drivers dont really care. Im not sur I would do it again.

Could you tell me how long it took to get from Universal back to your resort? Were there extra stops along the way? Someone else reported it took 1 hr 20 mins, so I'm trying to gauge if that's a normal, everyday situation. I will be going on a Saturday (only option for us), and I'm considering the transfer since its cheaper than a taxi. Also, and you may not be able to answer this one, but maybe someone else can - if we book, we will be picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge but we have dinner that evening at Wilderness Lodge. Can I book a pickup at AKL and drop off at WL since they are both Disney resorts?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Could you tell me how long it took to get from Universal back to your resort? Were there extra stops along the way? Someone else reported it took 1 hr 20 mins, so I'm trying to gauge if that's a normal, everyday situation. I will be going on a Saturday (only option for us), and I'm considering the transfer since its cheaper than a taxi. Also, and you may not be able to answer this one, but maybe someone else can - if we book, we will be picked up at Animal Kingdom Lodge but we have dinner that evening at Wilderness Lodge. Can I book a pickup at AKL and drop off at WL since they are both Disney resorts?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

I used Mears last month when I went to Islands of Adventure for the day. It took us 1hr and 10 minutes to get back to the WDW Resort. We had two stops (Sea World and a Water Park) and then we had three stops around Disney Resorts before getting to our final destination.

Our original pick up location was Animal Kingdom Lodge but we wanted to head to MK after our day at Universal. We asked if they could drop us off at the Contemporary Resort and that was not an issue. We made the request when we originally called to make our reservation for the shuttle.

Hope it helps!

We will be going with our two grown sons and their girlfriends in July. Does anyone know if there are cabs for 6 or is Mears the only option?

Msd125 said:
We will be going with our two grown sons and their girlfriends in July. Does anyone know if there are cabs for 6 or is Mears the only option?

There are cabs for 6 from Mears (not shuttles) that I know of I called and got a quote from our resort.

I used Mears last month when I went to Islands of Adventure for the day. It took us 1hr and 10 minutes to get back to the WDW Resort. We had two stops (Sea World and a Water Park) and then we had three stops around Disney Resorts before getting to our final destination.

Our original pick up location was Animal Kingdom Lodge but we wanted to head to MK after our day at Universal. We asked if they could drop us off at the Contemporary Resort and that was not an issue. We made the request when we originally called to make our reservation for the shuttle.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for this info! I was wondering if you could be picked up at one resort and dropped off at another (for dinner reservations, etc.). Good to know it's not a problem!

Hi,

I will soon be @ the CBR and I have a 1 day two park express pass for Universal and I was wondering what my best option is. 2 adults so I figure a taxi would be great because we won't stop @ sea world and costs would be split. But what is the cost of the taxi and tip compared to the shuttle for a round trip? Thank you

Hi,

I will soon be @ the CBR and I have a 1 day two park express pass for Universal and I was wondering what my best option is. 2 adults so I figure a taxi would be great because we won't stop @ sea world and costs would be split. But what is the cost of the taxi and tip compared to the shuttle for a round trip? Thank you

you can take the mears disney shuttle from your disney hotel to universal.
cost is $19 per adult plus gratuity for the round trip transportation.

make the ressie the night before at the concierge in your wdw hotel lobby.
choose your pick up time then.

2 adults = $ 38 which would be cheaper than the taxi.

getting a taxi from dtd could be $35 per way plus gratuity.
round trip taxi = $76

you can take the mears disney shuttle from your disney hotel to universal.
cost is $19 per adult plus gratuity for the round trip transportation.

make the ressie the night before at the concierge in your wdw hotel lobby.
choose your pick up time then.

2 adults = $ 38 which would be cheaper than the taxi.

getting a taxi from dtd could be $35 per way plus gratuity.
round trip taxi = $76

okay, thank you very much for this information, shuttle it is!

More so if you do not have a car?

Is there a shuttle say from downtown Disney, cabs, etc?

One would figure that Universal would find a way to get those in Disney to their place........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter