Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Im confused, I was just looking at the Dreams Unlimited tickets with transfer and it didnt mention getting in early. So if I purchase just my tickets thru them with transfer will we get early entry into the parks?

Sorry my quote didnt work...I was replying to sb a few pages back that mentioned they would get early entry into the park when getting tickets from dreams unlimited...maybe I read it wrong?

Nevermind...figured it out, clearly Im a newbie lol.

Im confused, I was just looking at the Dreams Unlimited tickets with transfer and it didnt mention getting in early. So if I purchase just my tickets thru them with transfer will we get early entry into the parks?

Sorry my quote didnt work...I was replying to sb a few pages back that mentioned they would get early entry into the park when getting tickets from dreams unlimited...maybe I read it wrong?

Universal says you should not be able to get into the parks early with the Dreams Unlimited ticket with transfer. They say that those tickets that are being issued are meant for those who have bought a package and are staying offsite and they are not sure how or why they are being issued with the Dreams ticket with transfer. I'm not sure when the last people reported getting early admission with these tickets.

I just wanted to pop in with an update on the Mears shuttle. My 3 kids are in Disney right now celebrating my youngest DD's 19th birthday. On Thursday, May 17th, they took the shuttle from Pop to IOA to spend the day. I called on May 14th around 5:00PM and reserved it. I was told the shuttle pick up time at Pop started at 6:25 and ran every hour from there. I had the feeling that this varied from resort to resort. Anyway, I chose the 7:25 time and was told it was $19.00 per person. (Note: the first page of this thread says $18.00) When we were ready to go we were to call 2 hours prior to pick up time.
On the 17th the shuttle arrived, the girls paid him and off they went. Around lunchtime they figured out they would need a little longer so enjoyed the park for a little longer and at 3:00PM they called and set a 5:15 pick up time. They were picked up and dropped safely at Pop. We will definitely use the shuttle again, it was easy and fairly priced! A huge thank you to this thread, we would never have know about the shuttle if we didn't read about it here!

Debating getting the DU tickets with shuttle, or buying tickets and RT shuttle tickets separate, or possibly using a taxi. We are a party of 4 going for 1 day, only wanting to do IOA.
?? from reading this thread- The DU ticket package says the shuttle is available 24 hrs/day except 10-3, but someone posted the earliest they could reserve the shuttle was 8:30a. Anyone know which is correct?
Second ?- if our group wants to split up and have some return early, can you go back on 2 different shuttles?
Curious...

Quick question for anyone familiar with the Mears Shuttle Service. We are staying at AKL but after our day at Universal we may want to have dinner at the Poly. Could we have the Mears Shuttle drop us off at the Poly instead of AKL where they would have picked us up? I hope that makes sense. Thanks!

We are a family of 4 two adults two teenagers. It looks like taking a cab is the best option. Has anyone ever tried sharing a ride with another family to split the cost? Do they have vans available to make this possible? Thanks for all of the help!

We are planning on taking a taxi from AKL over to US.
It's been said that taxis are waiting outside the resorts in the morning. Does anyone know how early they are out there?

Also, we are a family of 5 - 3 adults and 2 kids. Taxis can still handle a family of 5?

TIA!!

We are planning on taking a taxi from AKL over to US.
It's been said that taxis are waiting outside the resorts in the morning. Does anyone know how early they are out there?

Also, we are a family of 5 - 3 adults and 2 kids. Taxis can still handle a family of 5?

TIA!!

Just take a van cab. Not sure at AKL how early the taxis are there. You should ask at guest services the night before.

Does anyone know if when taking the Mears shuttle from Disney to Universal as one group going in, you have to all travel back at the same time?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,
I was going to book the Dream's Unlimited package for when we go to Universal, but now I am thinking against it and using a taxi from Disney to Universal. I just do not want to be tied down to having to make phone calls and shuttle times. So my question is there are 5 of us, but my youngest is 5 years old. Is there any car seats in the taxi's or what have people done with their little ones?

So I will be staying at Coronado Springs Resort and will be going one day to Universal Studios.
A Taxi just seems so much faster and convenient than renting a car. but i really dont have any experience with either.

Can someone give me an estimate of what I might pay a cab each way? Also what would a basic car cost for a day?

Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone ! Im travelling from France to Orlando for the 1st time and it is a bit of a mess to see what the best deal to go to Universal from WDW is... Any advice on what is the cheapest or the most covenient pleeeaaase ? Thank you in advance, Im so glad I found this website and all the informations available !!!

We were allowed early entry with our DU tickets in January of this year...we are planning to use DU again in September and hoping for early entry!

I just pulled this from the Dreams Unlimited check out page

Transfers provided by Mears Transportation
Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:
* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

I've seen loads of informations so far all about Mears ! So... can you really chose the time they're picking you up ? Are there different taxi companies that might be competitive as well ??

:yay: Only 19 days left !

It sounds like you are pricing the luxury sedan from Disney to Universal. The shuttle service is $19 per person - you can either call Mears the night before you need to leave for Universal and have exact change on you when the shuttle arrives the following morning or purchase the shuttle tickets at the airport - they are located right next to the Magical Express counter.:)

People may want to check with a Universal Studios authorized TA... There is now a ticket option that only they offer that includes transportation to and from Disney hotels to Universal for $141.65 for adults, including access to BOTH US and IoA. It can only purchased through US-authorized TA's and MUST be pre-purchased 24 hours ahead of time. The price I gave is the online special price for the TA booking online through the website, where they're running a special.

People may want to check with a Universal Studios authorized TA... There is now a ticket option that only they offer that includes transportation to and from Disney hotels to Universal for $141.65 for adults, including access to BOTH US and IoA. It can only purchased through US-authorized TA's and MUST be pre-purchased 24 hours ahead of time. The price I gave is the online special price for the TA booking online through the website, where they're running a special.

Thank you...but the Dream's Unlimited 1 day Park-to-Park with transfers is $135.99 for adults, so still cheaper!

Not sure which section to post this in so I may post in another spot as well. We leave for Disney on the 15th. My daughter went and broke her foot Friday night and is in a cast. We already bought her a wheelchair and was curious how we'll get to universal. We are a group of 14 so we were going to do the taxi vans that can accommodate up to 7 per van.

She'll have crutches too so she won't need to stay in the wheelchair so my question is will we be able to fold up the wheelchair and transport it with us in the normal taxi vans without getting one of the wheelchair accessible vans that I've read are unreliable due to the fact that there's a limited number of them?

Just wanted to report in, we took a Mears Taxi, (we didn't call it, we took one of the ones waiting at the resort), from the Port Orleans Riverside to the Royal Pacific Hotel, 2 people, and the fare was just shy of $35. I paid $40 with tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter