Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Cdn Friends of Pooh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Unfortunately...traffic conditions change all the time. If there is a break down or an accident, you will be sitting in traffic for a long time. Normally it's not too bad but there are times when it takes less time to walk. :laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lala3291

lala3291 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

4. Dalyman0

Dalyman0 Earning My Ears

Thanks all for the help....... much appreciated.

5. hochuli

hochuli Earning My Ears

Hi all, first-time poster but I've been lurking.

My H and I are going to Disney and staying off-property but want to spend .5-.75 day at IOA, focusing on WWoHP.

We will be going Tuesday, April 17th. Is the Dreams Unlimited pkg worth the extra cost to get in early?

We will be sharing a car with family, so if we didn't' do Dreams Unlimited, we'd probably get dropped off or take a taxi, or one of those each way.

Thanks!

6. hochuli

hochuli Earning My Ears

To follow up on my question above, if we purchase the DU tickets without transfer ($85 vs. $130), will we still be able to get the early entry?

7. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Universal says you aren't supposed to. However, some people have. I wouldn't expect it but be happy if you get it.

8. dbragas

dbragas Mouseketeer

Anyone take a taxi from SSR (or nearby) to Universal recently? I checked the Mears taxi estimator (~ $25 each way), but given some posts I've come across from last year, I suspect this estimate is on the low side. Especially given the rising price of gas!

9. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Someone recently said $28, so that's pretty close.

10. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

someone posted on the other transportation forum thread that they took a taxi from dtd and it cost them $28 to UO.
    on the return back, taxi from UO to disney was $26.

guess the ride back was less traffic and quicker.

you pay for time in the taxi and miles.

11. Metro West

Maybe I should start a taxi service on the weekends. ;)

12. Disneylover711

Disneylover711 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!!! This is extremely helpful!!!!

13. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

We are heading to Orlando in October starting at Universal for two days off-site before heading to All-Star Movies and Disney. We will probably get a rental car for the Universal portion of the trip. My question is would it be better to take the rental back to the airport and take Magic Express to the resort or just use a car company (Alamo? National?) that we could drop the car off at the Car Care Center at Disney? Better as in cost and time. Or would it be a trade-off - Cost more for a one-way rental but take less time if we were to go to the CCC and vice versa? :confused3

14. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

depends on how much time you are willing to give up on your motherland portion of the vacation.

you drive back to MCO, then do ME to the resorts.
    could be up to an hour before you reach your hotel as the ME stops at other hotels to let guests off.

if you drop the car at the car center at the motherland, they will transport you to your hotel, free.

or, you can drop your family off at the hotel, drive back to the car center and have them drop you back at your hotel.

i say flip a coin to decide which would be best...........;)

15. AnjieNet

AnjieNet DIS Veteran

That was pretty much my conclusion as well! Thanks! :)

16. trailmix71

trailmix71 Earning My Ears

Hello,
    We plan to take a Mears taxi to and from IOA. Is the pick-up drop off area in the same place? If so, where exactly?

Are there plenty of taxis around at night at IOA?

Thanks

17. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The drop off/pick up area is right at the end of the walkway to the parking garages. Instead of going into the garages, you exit and walk down a level to the large drop off area. There will be lots of taxis.

18. Claudia1

Claudia1 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

A big :thumbsup2 to the Dreams Unlimited Universal ticket & transportation package! I got the 1 day/2park package for my DS and DDIL, which was about the same price as me getting the transportation and 1 park ticket on my own.

The transportation was dependable, easy and no-hassle to change the return time. Tickets and info arrived as indicated.

I did purchase them the Express pass, which helped them do both parks in 1 day. It was during Spring Break and they were very unfamiliar with the parks, so it help them alot.

Thanks DU!!!!

19. jeankeri

jeankeri <font color=darkorchid>I threw cartons of milk at

How much is the express pass option? Are there ever any deals?

20. Melanie230

Melanie230 Ready to retire in Florida. Trading my Mommy titl

We went through this last year. We rented a car from Hertz at the Hard Rock Hotel for $31.00 and drove to the MNSSHP. It was the cheapest option, for our family.

21. Metro West