Tokyo Disney Picture of the day

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments. :goodvibes

Again, I ask if anyone has been to Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea to Please Post some pictures. :thumbsup2

Sometimes in a foreign land you come across some strange sights...
Cappuccino Popcorn... I didn't try it. :confused3
P1070573c.jpg

But always with Disney there are the Amazing sights

P1070580.jpg

Robert - thanks for sending me over to this thread. We are loving the photos! How many times have you been there? I saw both Christmas and Halloween pics. Hope you had a blast on your travels to WDW and DL. Take care!

I have been to Tokyo 3 times.
May 2004,
September 2005, and
November 2007

The May 2004 Trip was Magic as we arrived the week after "Golden Week", a childrens holiday in Japan. So the crowds went the week before, and the week we went it was raining. It was like having the park to ourselves... we just walked on all the rides and had a wonderful time.

The other two trips were not so well timed as the parks were absolutely packed. Extremely long lines and extreme wait times. ie: 55 minutes for the Railroad Train and 120 minutes for the Pooh ride. Of course I should add that the Pooh ride is the best Pooh ride in the world, very high tech and a whole lot of fun.

But the lesson in this is to try and work out a quiet time to visit these parks. Disneyland is always more crowded than DisneySea.

The SHOWS !!! are Great.

From Bravismo

DSCN4165c.jpg

DSCN4193c.jpg

I like the idea of this coming out of the water and that the park is next to Tokyo Harbour...it reminds me of the old Sci-Fi Movies from Japan. LOL

DSCN4177c.jpg

This is a picture taken from atop of the Ocean Liner the S.S. Columbia in DisneySea. It's one of the rare spots where you can see outside the park.

There on the left is the real Tokyo Harbour.
To the right the Cape Cod area and Port Discovery...The dome is "Storm Rider"
DSCN3087.jpg

Jafar walking around in the Arabian Coast.

DSCN3105.jpg

Yes, the girl above IS standing on his coat tails.

In this view you can see Mermaid Lagoon on the left and Aribian Coast in the center and right.

DSCN3100.jpg

Here is a better view of Mermaid Lagoons and the Entrance to Tritons Kingdom....(it's all below ground/sea)

DSCN3110c.jpg

I went a long time ago but my camera i had was awful i lived in Japan 3mths it was loveley so sad no pictures .Iwant to go again with kids i was single dating a guy who worked Japanese newspaper and l worked for a shipping company.The charactor outfits are beautiful do they always dress so beautifully or just special events like here.:banana: :banana:

These pics are unbelievably amazing!! Thank you all for posting (we need more people to post - poor Robert must be exhausted :lmao: ).

My DS30 & DS15 were talking this weekend about planning a trip to Japan in the next year or two and I keep telling them once I buy into DVC, we could use points to stay there instead of renting a hotel room (which I think would be way more expensive). However, they don't want to stay at a Disney hotel - they want to experience the whole Japanese culture by staying in downtown Tokyo. Well, I guess then I'll just have to tag along and stay at Disney myself and let them spend their money on a hotel room :rotfl2:

All kidding aside - I can't believe the absolutely amazing detail Disney has put into the parks abroad. They need to bottle up some of that magic and revamp or add new attractions at WDW and DL.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Yes, if you like themeing, you will not be disappointed.
For me, DisneySea was like discovering a new and secret Disney Theme park.

The Characters are dresses beautifullyand there are some you don't often see.

IMG_0013c.jpg

Japan is an amazing country. You will feel safe. The whole country is so clean and people are very respectful of others. Experiancing the whole culture is a great idea.

What you need is one of these...
P1080346.jpg

Wow what an amazing place. Hope someday I can go. It took me over 17 years from my first visit to WDW to go to Disneyland though.....

Some theming inside the waiting que for the Indiana Jones Ride.
DSCN2993.jpg

A dining area insideMermaid Lagoon, Disney Sea
DSCN3013.jpg

What's playing in the Broadway theater? Is that inside the giant luxury liner?

LOL, that's just the curtain!
I took the photo while people are being seated

Ok, but what is the show that plays after the curtain goes up? Is it inside the luxury liner thing? That big boat really intrigues me!

Sorry, I should of read your question more carefully.

The Broadway Theater is in it's own building along the "American Waterfront". I've seen the show each of the three visits. One was a Christmas special show, with lots of singing and dancing and characters. The normal show was .... A Broadway Musical. The TOP SONGS from a number of top broadway musicals...songs from Cats, Don't cry for me Argentina, all done by American artists with Japanese backup dancers and live music. Also, the whole show is all done in ENGLISH. I was amazed that the almost total Japanese audiance would understand it... but the real thrill for the Japanese is that the show is just like experiancing the REAL THING in New York...and they are actually in Tokyo DisneySea.

Now the S.S.Columbia (Oceanliner) has an outdoor show (next picture) with Characters and song done in Japanese. Mickey and Minnie sound just the same in Japanese except I didn't understand a word. I have only a 30 word vocabulary in Japanese. Inside the S.S. Columbia is a first class table service restraunt with grilled specialties and alcoholic beverages on the third level. On the second level is "The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge" Light meals and cocktails.

Here is a picture of the Outdoor Show
DSCN3037.jpg

A picture of the S.S.Columbia Dining room
DSCN3083.jpg

And the front of the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge
DSCN3081.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter