Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

I do the same thing!!:rotfl: If there is a race ad in Runner's World or postcards from the Disney race expos that I have coming up, I put them on closet door in my room as well as the course map, along w/ some running quotes that I like. That way I see it every morning and if I don't do something it's staring me in the face.

Don't know if there was a TR from last year, but here's a link from the WISH Thread for this past year's. Posts from the beginning of race week start on page 55 and I think the 1st post has some info as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2705389&highlight=tinker+bell+marathon

I think 9am. If you want, I could pick up the kids packets for you and meet you either when you get in on Friday night or after the 5k on Saturday before the kids races. I'm doing that this Friday for someone who can't make the expo in time.

OMG that would be wonderful!!!!!! Sooo sweet of you to offer and I will most likely totally take you up on that!!!!!

Has anyone seen a picture of the Commemorative necklace? How do I get one of them if I've already registered?

It's similar to the medal if it's like last year's. (Didn't get it but saw pics) For getting 1 ~ if you go on the race site, then click on registration, the page should have a commemorative items button. They're listed there. I think they're about $21 or so.

OMG that would be wonderful!!!!!! Sooo sweet of you to offer and I will most likely totally take you up on that!!!!!

No worries! Remind me when the waivers come out and we can figure it all out.

I just registered for my first formal 5k event :-)scared1:): on 9/9 at 9:11 am I will be participating in the Run to Remember to support first responders in memory of those who perished on 9/11 in New York. :firefight

I'm also thinking about running a 10k on 9/29 (I can't find any local 10ks in October). I would really like to submit some kind of time to Disney so I can hopefully move up a corral.

I just registered for my first formal 5k event :-)scared1:): on 9/9 at 9:11 am I will be participating in the Run to Remember to support first responders in memory of those who perished on 9/11 in New York. :firefight

I'm also thinking about running a 10k on 9/29 (I can't find any local 10ks in October). I would really like to submit some kind of time to Disney so I can hopefully move up a corral.

I'm so excited for you!!! I love running 5Ks! You're gonna have a great time and it sounds like a great reason to race.

I'm in the 10k-run-in-October group as well! It's called the Awesome 80's run and I'm so psyched about it! :cool1:

However, I have a question: it's on October 27, and I know I have to submit my time by November 1. Do you guys think I'll have plenty of time to do it? I mean, do I just email them my time and it's that easy?

I'm in the 10k-run-in-October group as well! It's called the Awesome 80's run and I'm so psyched about it! :cool1:

However, I have a question: it's on October 27, and I know I have to submit my time by November 1. Do you guys think I'll have plenty of time to do it? I mean, do I just email them my time and it's that easy?

I'm doing that 1 too! But up in SF. It really is just an email. You send it and then they usually send you an email back when they make the change. Tip though~ the 11/1 date is for the corral that's printed on your bib. You can run one the weekend before the race and take proof to the expo and they'll still change it, they just put a sticker w/ your new corral over your old one.

I'm doing that 1 too! But up in SF. It really is just an email. You send it and then they usually send you an email back when they make the change. Tip though~ the 11/1 date is for the corral that's printed on your bib. You can run one the weekend before the race and take proof to the expo and they'll still change it, they just put a sticker w/ your new corral over your old one.

Oh! That's a great tip. I'm going to do a Turkey Trot 10k on Thanksgiving morning. I'm sure I'll be much quicker then and I'd prefer to submit that time to Disney. Thanks, Kim! :thumbsup2

I'm doing a Halloween themed 10K and then a turkeytrot 10K so hoping one of them is good enough to get me moved up. If not I will just have to find a 10K in december.

I got a new toy to play with yesterday and really love it. It is the nike+ sportswatch. Now I have GPS :cool1: for my runs. I can see what my current pace is and what my average pace is. I also can see what my distance is. Now I don't have to wait until I'm home and get the calculator out to figure out what I am doing.

It's official my DH thinks I'm crazy.:rotfl2:

I have been looking for (and finding) local races to run for training. An 8K in sept, and 10K's in oct and nov. He even agreed to sign up as a volunteer at one of the races.

But when I printed off copies of the tinkerbell t-shirt (from a previous post) and posted them in about 10 different places in the house to use as motivation all he could say was okaaaaay. :confused:

Good thing he is so supportive of me. :rotfl:

I do the same thing!!:rotfl: If there is a race ad in Runner's World or postcards from the Disney race expos that I have coming up, I put them on closet door in my room as well as the course map, along w/ some running quotes that I like. That way I see it every morning and if I don't do something it's staring me in the face.

oOo! I'm going to use this idea to help keep me motivated!

I'm doing a Halloween themed 10K and then a turkeytrot 10K so hoping one of them is good enough to get me moved up. If not I will just have to find a 10K in december.

I got a new toy to play with yesterday and really love it. It is the nike+ sportswatch. Now I have GPS :cool1: for my runs. I can see what my current pace is and what my average pace is. I also can see what my distance is. Now I don't have to wait until I'm home and get the calculator out to figure out what I am doing.

Let us know how you like it. I currently use the Nike+ app on my iPhone but I don't always want to run with my phone.

Let us know how you like it. I currently use the Nike+ app on my iPhone but I don't always want to run with my phone.

So far I really like it, only run with it once, but using it for a 5K we're running tonight.

I don't have a smart phone or wear nike shoes, feet to wide, so wanted something that was able to be used without being tied to the smart phone but not as big or involved as some of the garmin or forerunner products.

Ooooh good to know! If I dont like my Sept 10K time maybe I'll do the 10K on Thanksgiving morning instead of the 5K!

Oh! That's a great tip. I'm going to do a Turkey Trot 10k on Thanksgiving morning. I'm sure I'll be much quicker then and I'd prefer to submit that time to Disney. Thanks, Kim! :thumbsup2

Ooooh good to know! If I dont like my Sept 10K time maybe I'll do the 10K on Thanksgiving morning instead of the 5K!

Yeah it's really easy too, doesn't take a lot of time. Just make sure you print out your race results and bring them w/ you to the expo.

oOo! I'm going to use this idea to help keep me motivated!

It totally does. Although after this weekend, I change over to Goofy and Tink so I'll have 3 course maps, 2 pictures and my BIG training schedule. :faint: I'm hoping it doesn't scare me/make me too nervous too much! :rotfl: We'll see once I do my 1st back to back...

Good Luck on the DL half Kim! I may not remember to post it tomorrow- so wanted to make sure to give you a shout out! Update when you can- want a full report! :) Have you done it before?

I'm doing a 10K early Oct and probably a 8 mile turkey trot too. Hoping for a decent time on either one of those suckers.

Just did 5 miles today- longest I have run since May. It went well. All treadmill, but I had some entertaining TV to keep me going (I'm outing myself as a political junkie, so I had the speeches on from last night) I slowed my run down though on purpose, hoping I could extend my intervals past 1:1. It worked pretty well. I can run 1:30 or 2 min intervals at a steady 5.0 on the treadmill vs running the 6.0-7.0 for only a min. And my time wasn't that much slower when I slowed down since I could run longer. Felt easier to do the 5 this way than it was to do the 3 at the faster paces.

Still playing around with the intervals to see where I will land race day. Ideally, I'd like to get back up to where I was able to actually run a 5K straight without walks (I was able to run 10K straight- but I'm not pushing for that this year) In theory, I would love to run the 5K at the race, and then switch to my intervals for the rest. But not sure that will happen.

Oh- and got new shoes! :) Happy girl, happy feet!

It totally does. Although after this weekend, I change over to Goofy and Tink so I'll have 3 course maps, 2 pictures and my BIG training schedule. :faint: I'm hoping it doesn't scare me/make me too nervous too much! :rotfl: We'll see once I do my 1st back to back...

Kim can you point me to a map of the tink from last year? If possible I would like to do a visual walk through when we are at DLR next week. I know it may change but getting a visual of the possible course will work very nicely in my head to help me with training.

I know you are getting ready for the DL half this weekend so if you can't get to it until after the holiday that is okay we will be at DLR all week.

7 nights/8days I better get to ride RSR at least once during the day and once at night. :moped:

Have a great race weekend and know that I will be with you in thoughts as I am working all weekend. I get to live viariously through all of you this weekend. :cloud9:

Good Luck on the DL half Kim! I may not remember to post it tomorrow- so wanted to make sure to give you a shout out! Update when you can- want a full report! :) Have you done it before?

Just did 5 miles today- longest I have run since May. It went well.

Thanks!! I have done it before, this 1 will be my 6th. It used to be my fave, but I really like the Tink course more now ~ more downtown Anaheim vs the industrial part. Probably shouldn't be running it, but it's DL and you can't not do it. :goodvibes My knee still isn't working and haven't been able to do much running and my longest is 4m, but I'm hoping that b/w lots of KT Tape, being in the moment and being in corral C I can keep ahead of the sweepers. Fingers crossed! And I have a note in my car to ask about the pacers for you, so I'll let you know.

Congrats on the 5 miles!! :cheer2:

Kim can you point me to a map of the tink from last year? If possible I would like to do a visual walk through when we are at DLR next week. I know it may change but getting a visual of the possible course will work very nicely in my head to help me with training.

7 nights/8days I better get to ride RSR at least once during the day and once at night. :moped:

Have a great race weekend and know that I will be with you in thoughts as I am working all weekend. I get to live viariously through all of you this weekend. :cloud9:

Thanks! Here's the map for you:
Tink Map
The DTD part before Mile 4 was through DTD from backstage DL. We went to the service road behind ESPN and down that through the parking lot and out the back way to the back of the Mickey & Friends lot.

Have fun next week! I'll make sure it's all nice and pretty for you! I'm w/ you on RSR. That's my hope too!

well, I've done it now!
My elder daughter is signed up for the Kids' races! Poor hubby; he said "So I guess me and Violet will have to find SOMETHING to do."

Oh, pity those who go to Disneyland!:lmao:

well, I've done it now!
My elder daughter is signed up for the Kids' races! Poor hubby; he said "So I guess me and Violet will have to find SOMETHING to do."

Oh, pity those who go to Disneyland!:lmao:

Poor, little, lost, helpless babies. ;)

Oh, and congrats on winning tickets! You are one lucky lady to have won the Carsland Preview AND now Parkhopper tickets. If you get a minute, send some luck my way, please. My local radio station is giving away a MHP package next week and I'd like to get my already planned trip free! :rotfl:

Oh, and congrats on winning tickets! You are one lucky lady to have won the Carsland Preview AND now Parkhopper tickets. If you get a minute, send some luck my way, please. My local radio station is giving away a MHP package next week and I'd like to get my already planned trip free! :rotfl:

:smickey: Where there's a will, there's a way. I'll keep praying that you can get your MHP package!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter