Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

I signed up but had scheduling conflicts and I didn't get to run it. I didn't feel too bad because I only paid $40 to sign-up and a lot of the reviews I read said that it did not go too well for being an inaugural event.

Yeah, I was wondering how that limo/shuttle bus was going to go over. That was what was holding me back. There's a new one in SD too. I saw it on a ad as well and that 1 is in March. The best part is that it's like 1/2 the price of the RnR in June.

I am so excited to be doing this race. When I heard about it last year I challenged my sisters to do it with me and they accepted. I have loved reading all the posts on this thread. You guys are inspirational! I don't know where we are staying yet, we are working on that. Can't wait for this race. It will be my 4th half in a year. I am super slow though so don't be too impressed.

Slow is the new fast! ;) I'm slow too. It's all good! Welcome to the group!

Hey everyone!

Just checking to see how everyone's progress is going.

I just signed up to do my 10km race in October so I can use it as my qualifying race so I'm not in the back corral. I'm hoping to come in around an hour. Used to be able to do in about 52 mins a couple of years ago but I just don't have the time to put into training like I used to. Oh well....

What kind of times have you guys submitted?

I'm doing an October 10K too- hoping for 1:15-1:16. My fastest previous was 1:19 and I wasn't really "racing"- just trying to get to the end, KWIM? So hoping with motivation of possibly moving in the corrals (or at least not getting stuck in back for lack of time submission!) I'll be able to move a bit faster.

I submitted a 2:45 at registration and that's probably where I would land if all the stars aligned and I ran a perfect race. I'm not fast for sure, but hoping to finish sub 3 hrs this year.

I have a 10K coming up in less than 30 days now! It will be my first and I still havent run that much even in a training run. I did 5.5 on Sunday so I'm almost there. My first goal will simply be to finish since its my first time. It took me 1:13 to do that 5.5 on Sunday so though I'd like to shoot for 1:15 for the 10K, that might be unrealisitc. We'll see what happens. No matter what time I do get I'm gonna turn it in and see if I can at least move up one corral. Doesn't hurt to try, right?

I think even just submitting a time should hopefully get you moved up. Any time I would think is better then no time.

Don't forget that you always go faster on race days too then you do during a training run. The adrenaline gets you going and the other racers and the whole atmosphere is so electric that your 10k time will probably end up being faster then you think its going to be.

Plus you might get slightly cooler weather in 30 days and that should help!

I have a 10K coming up in less than 30 days now! It will be my first and I still havent run that much even in a training run.

Good luck! I saw your post and could swear I thought you were running next weekend too? No idea why, but I thought that for some reason.

Plus you might get slightly cooler weather in 30 days and that should help!

Oh my god Patty! Please tell me your training right now inside!?! I was in Vegas this weekend and the heat was horrible, almost all consuming. And it never really went away ~ we left a club Sunday morning around 1:30 and it was still warm out.

Totally inside. Either on treadmill at home or the indoor track at gym

I do a mile here and there outside, but only a mile and only before 7am! Otherwise it's just crazy

Though it's a cold spell this week. Only low 90s. Lol. Really nice though for us for August!

Though it's a cold spell this week. Only low 90s. Lol. Really nice though for us for August!

Wow, low 90s! Are you sportin a parka? :rotfl:

Heads up if you're flying ~ Southwest is having a sale and it includes race weekend. Not a big big sale, but a sale. I'm in Cali so it's a bit cheaper, but just booked my flight down into SNA and it was $69.

Seriously! I was cold this morning with the thermostat reading 76. Usually in the summer my a/c has kicked on by 9am because we are hitting 80 in the house already! But not complaining!

I think I checked my SW flights and I'm still good- I'm flying on points and booked when the dates first came out. A few weeks later I was able to rebook and save ton of points with a sale. Now the points are back up so I'm good! But I love that they don't charge to change if something shows up cheaper

I need to run but just blah this week. Planning tomorrow and Saturday since its not happening today.

My ticker threw me off- less than 5 months! Holy cow!

Just signed up for the 5K too! I didn't want to worry about pictures during the half since its my first and I'm worried about being able to finish still. Just wondering, does the 5k not have a commemorative pin? I tried to order one but it says not available? Wasn't sure if that meant sold out or there isn't one.

Just signed up for the 5K too! I didn't want to worry about pictures during the half since its my first and I'm worried about being able to finish still. Just wondering, does the 5k not have a commemorative pin? I tried to order one but it says not available? Wasn't sure if that meant sold out or there isn't one.

They did have them - wonder if they are sold out. Sorry you couldn't get one.

LuvSulley said:

You might luck out and find one at the Expo. That happened with the necklaces last year they said they were sold out online and they had a lot for sale at the expo.

Ah Humility - thanks for visiting me today. :rolleyes2

My workout did not go as well as Tuesday's. I began my first jog interval and thought "Hey, let's pick up the pace a little..." I was jogging at a 12:22 pace which I felt comfortable with. Until the second interval. Which I could not finish because I ran myself out in the first interval. It probably didn't help that I didn't have a dinner last night so my body had very little fuel to burn. I still managed to get in 2.3 miles in 31.5 minutes (13:35/mile). I'll take it!

That's still really good Jessica! Great job to keep at it. I do that too- feel froggy and up the pace early, and burn out in the last half. My splits are usually slow... faaaasssttt... slllooowwww.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter