Thrill the Wonder in 2010!

hey everyone,
I'm moving this weekend so that is gonna be taking up my time. I'm currently shooting for July 7th to start collecting addresses and working on the DVDs:thumbsup2

Yvette, how is it going with convincing a few of the podcast cruise to join in??

hey everyone,
I'm moving this weekend so that is gonna be taking up my time. I'm currently shooting for July 7th to start collecting addresses and working on the DVDs:thumbsup2

Yvette, how is it going with convincing a few of the podcast cruise to join in??

Have fun moving. Hope the weather is good for you.:goodvibes

Awwww, c'mon Kevin!!!

I'd buy a new video camera just to capture you doing the Thriller dance!

(Okay, how about we just get sloshed together and let the more outgoing cruisers entertain us with their awesome dance skillz?)

Awwww, c'mon Kevin!!!

I'd buy a new video camera just to capture you doing the Thriller dance!

(Okay, how about we just get sloshed together and let the more outgoing cruisers entertain us with their awesome dance skillz?)

Have you met Yvet?

No matter how many times you tell her no,,,,you find yourself singing ABBA and wondering how this crazy woman from the Netherlands talked you into this......

She's very persuasive.

Dont look directly into her eyes. She hypnotizes you.

Have you met Yvet?

No matter how many times you tell her no,,,,you find yourself singing ABBA and wondering how this crazy woman from the Netherlands talked you into this......

She's very persuasive.

So, that's your story .... and you're sticking to it? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Count me in - OMG what have I gotten myself into?:scared:

DH - will have video camera in hand - dancing Thriller is sooooo not him, but who knows, he might just surprise me :confused3

Have you met Yvet?

She's very persuasive.

That's the idea!!!! /wave hand....you want to do the thriller.....you better start practicing

I think we're in for this - well I am and I'm working on DH!

Sounds like a great idea :thumbsup2

And I'm sure we can all be persuasive to get the crew inolved ;)

We got mentioned on the podcast! wwoo hoo!!!

I have to think about WHEN we are gonna be able to do this. It seems like doing it at one of the meet n greets might be best.

I am moved and pretty well settled in now, so I'm gonna start PMing for addresses and get the ball rolling.

Is it wrong that when I heard the news of Michael Jackson dying today that I first thought of this thread???

I posted this on the podcast board, but thought I would repost for some of you here.

I never listen to the radio(only XM) so I had no clue he had even been rushed to the hostpital. I walked into the tanning salon right as the radio was reporting that TMZ was reporting he had died in his home, but was rushed to be revived. I just sort of stopped in my tracks and my jaw dropped. I absolutely couldn't believe it. While tanning, the radio was on so I was treated to a whole slew of MJ music. As I got in my car I turned on the radio and Thriller came on and I lost it. It seems so bizarre to actually cry over a celebrity dying, but I honestly can't think of another celebrity I cared about more than MJ.

I am 24. I only grew up with him during the mid 90s and it was not a good time to get to know him. But I went to college in 2003 and in one of my general education classes(I think it was sort of a history class) we studied the history of the music video and Thriller was a core part of the lecture. I was completely fascinated by it, having never really seen it before that.

After coming to work for Disney in 2004-2005, MJ hits were a regular occurrence at 8-trax and I really got to know even more of his music and discover the scope of his songs.

After returning from Disney, I got a job as a mobile DJ doing primarily weddings. Within 4 months of doing that job, I knew I needed to do something over the top to make people remember me. I was given advanced notice of a wedding where the bride and groom wanted over the top. They wanted silver metallic pants, spandex shirts, and the YMCA. But I had something better in mind. I poured over the net and found thrilltheworld.com - an attempt to set the ginuess world record for most people worldwide doing the same dance at the same time. I got the instructional video and learned the dance in 2 hours, then started practicing at every opportunity, in the car(there are words to the dance moves) or at home, in the shower, it didn't matter. But that STILL wasn't enough...so I ordered an MJ thriller costume from the Ebay UK site and had it overnighted to me. It didn't make it in time for the wedding, but I wore it for Halloween the next day.

As I developed my routine, I was struggling to find a way to get more people involved. I did Thriller at every single wedding, every school dance, every single show I did. But what I found so difficult was figuring out how the crowd would react. At one point, I was asking the crowd if they liked MJ. Sadly, no one would ever raise their hand. But when Thriller came on, suddenly people remembered why they like Michael Jackson.

I think this is a good example of how one person, arguably years after his prime, can still inspire someone to be a better entertainer. His legacy is far reaching and I'm sure that 50 years from now, it is his music legacy, not his personal life, that people will remember. He has been, is, and always will be the king of pop.

Thrill the wonder in 2010 will absolutely be a tribute performance. MJ's sudden death will bring together more fans(be they dancers or spectators) to remember him and that's exactly what he would have wanted.

I don't want to get flamed on this thread....:eek: I would not really call myself a MJ fan...Although I don't mind his music.

But I do hope you guys are able to get this together so that it can be a tribute to him.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was created yesterday.

Good luck to you guys! And hopefully you can recruit others to participate! :goodvibes (And I am not signing up.... I don't dance. I will hold a video camera for someone, though. :thumbsup2)

well I really hope it motivates people to join and on top of it, I fully embrace people going all out with the zombie costumes and everything. This event is gonna be worthy of youtube in many many ways and even though it will be 1.5 years after MJ's passing, it will still strike a note in the heart of anyone who watches. We have an excellent opportunity here and I absolutely want to take it.

I will be working on my own movements a little more. As the lead dancer, some of my moves are not up to par and I really want to try and capture the essence of what MJ had in the video. No, no one can truly duplicate him, but I have lots of room for improvement :-)

For those who plan on participating, expect it to only take you about 2 hours to actually get the moves down. After that it is just a matter of repetition of the words so that when you listen to the song, you're able to recite the words and thus the dance moves. Along with the instructional DVD, you'll all be given a CD with the Thriller song on it in slower, medium, and regular tempo along with the words overwritten. Trust me, you'll be so excited to be learning it that it won't seem like work at all to learn it!

On that note, the information I'll be giving is basically right off of thrilltheworld.com If any of you have the capability to organize an event in your own city, THIS is the year to help them break the record they are going for.

I don't work till 8:15pm tomorrow evening(stupid EMH makin me work till 4:45am) so I should have time to start sending PMs to get addresses.

RIP Michael. You will be missed, but I know I for one, will make sure your legend lives on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter