This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! COMPLETED 1/6!!!!

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 7, Part 1 In Which Pascal Is Nowhere To Be Found

As usual, I woke up a divine sound. That of Stitch SCREAMING at me to GET GOING!

So I did. My mom and I stopped at Everything Pop to get some delicious Mickey waffles down the hatch and then off to the kingdom of animals we went.

We had two VERY IMPORTANT missions:

1. See our *beloved* tigers & bats
2. Find a Cast Member wearing a Pascal pin and trade with them!

Being that I'm beyond obsessed with Tangled, I really wanted a Pascal or Flynn/Eugene pin. But I didn't want to just go into a store and buy one. Hunting around for one is way more fun.

7001640717_6f47fe83bb_z.jpg

6855525012_98ccca8e9b_z.jpg

I haven't pin traded in like... almost ten years. Because some BUTTMUNCH stole one of my lanyards PACKED with pins. I was about 12 and it was devastating. In fact, I once had a purse stolen and I was less upset than when the lanyard was ripped from my clutches. And this was back before I knew about buying a ton of cheap pins on Ebay to trade. This was a lanyard full of carefully selected pins that my parents paid full price for that I LOVED and ADORED. STUPID PEOPLE STEALING MY STUFF!!!! I hope Jafar pees on everything you love and then burys you in the sand under Cave of Wonders. Jerks. :mad:

Ahem. Anyway. On this day in Animal Kingdom, all I had were two pins that I wanted to trade for some Tangled ones, particularly Pascal. My mom has an AK lanyard with a lot of pins on it, but she loves them all and wants to keep them so she doesn't really trade.

So off I went, in search of a CM with a Pascal pin who would trade with me. HAH! Take that, lanyard thieves!!! The Livin It Up continues despite your thievery!

As we were walking through Discovery Island, I saw a CM standing by the wait times board with one of those huge boards full of pins. I could see that many of them were animals. I got so excited, but found no Pascal!

I asked the CM if he knew where I could get a Pascal pin just in case I didn't find anyone to trade with. He told me that he didn't think they made them yet.

Uh. WHAT!!!! Of course, once I got home I searched on eBay and there are Pascal pins, but buying one online is not the same as finding one at Disney and trading. So I will have to try and find him again next trip. I fully plan on getting back into pin trading b/c I really want to find rare and awesome unique pins that I can stare at and hug to distract me from the facts of life. You know? I need things like this.

I probably will also decide I need Vinylmations. This is just how a Disney addiction goes. Alcoholics need another drink. I need more objects that say "Disney Parks" on them.

So, besides the whole pin thing and doing the Maharajah Jungle Trek, we really wanted to go on another safari since the lions weren't up when we did it earlier in the trip.

Also, we've never seen Flights of Wonder or Rafiki's Planet Watch, so we wanted to experience those attractions for the first time as well.

Plus, I desperately needed another Safari Cupcake.

Naturally, instead of doing something to accomplish these goals, we went straight to Anandapur for Everest fastpasses. What can I say, it's always yeti time in my Stacey-loving heart.

7462580798_36d6bde127_z.jpg

7462581306_9858c5134d_z.jpg

7462592480_d6e5c0bfea_z.jpg

6855524860_70e253271b_z.jpg

7001640303_594d5c55fe_z.jpg

Going to get Fastpasses couldn't have been less necessary. We weren't even there for park opening, it was a bit later (due to our late night Livin It Up the night before), and Animal Kingdom was yet again comically empty. I swear, we were like two of about 40 people that were at Disney World between December 4-15, 2011.

We went on the ride once and got Fastpasses anyway, just in case people decided to like, actually come to Disney.

There was a little boy on line in front of us who seemed very nervous about the ride, but only regarding one thing: the photo. IT WAS SO CUTE. Like never mind the yeti, going backwards, being in pitch black, the huge drop... he was very concerned about the photo!

He said, "So... it feels like you're gonna throw up and then they take your picture?"

:rotfl:

Yeah, that's basically it, kid!

After EE, we were off to the Maharajah Jungle Trek! OH I was so excited.

7462583146_ab269d0b32_z.jpg

This is one of my favorite things to do in Disney.

7462581704_79842663b4_z.jpg

I find the bats so fascinating. On my 2008 trip, I fell in love with them!

I know, I know, you're probably thinking "You fell in LOVE? With BATS?"

Creepy, crawly, wing-ED, BATS? Yep.

I love adorable things and I love creepy things and they are adorable and creepy at the same time. They remind me of little bears with wings. And I yove them.

7462583658_280b6b704f_z.jpg

7462584390_526c2e584a_z.jpg

7462585342_54e10f5268_z.jpg

I love the wings, but I wish I could have gotten some good pictures of their faces. They are so cute up close!!

7462584920_b2e1d7de19_z.jpg

I got much better pictures of the bats last trip, so check out this: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=38415802&postcount=545 update from my last award winning TR if you want to see more of my bat friends and hear me explain what it will be like when I have a pet bat. O M G I am so excited for when that day comes!

Up next: CRYING. Whether they were happy or sad tears, you'll have to wait and see.... P.S. I think I may have to update more frequently! Lots and lots of updates to go, and we're getting closer and closer to the Oct trip so I'd like to finish before then. Plus I have to do a few more PTR updates. WOOOOHOOO ARE YOU READY??!!​

Seriously though? Why are people so stupid? Just buy your own dang stuff. Especially if it's a CHILD'S DISNEY PIN LANYARD. Good Lord. That makes me so sad. I'm sorry that happened to you... I haven't started pin trading yet, so all the ones I own so far are ones that are special to me. I would be so bummed if someone jacked them.

UGH WHY do CMs never know anything? Okay, that isn't true, a lot of them know a lot of things. But how can you be a Disney Cast Member and not know about the Pascal pins? Like, you're supposed to know about every single piece of merchandise. That should be part of the job description. Especially if said CM IS A PIN TRADER! Goodness!!! (So many feelings involved in this comment. Please excuse me!)

HAHAH that kid. Was he worried he would be vomming in the pic??? :lmao:

Yes yes yes, you should start updating more! YAY!!!

Wait, your twelve year old self had her lanyard ruthlessly and heartlessly stolen from her grasp? What has our society come to?

I like that you describe bats as cuddly bears with wings! Never thought of them that way but it totally fits!

And yes, ma'am, you need to update more often! My I'm-addicted-to-trip-report self needs more TR!

That is so very sad that your lanyard was stolen. I am glad to hear that you are not letting it hold you back anymore and are getting back on the pin trading bus. KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Pascal is worth it. He is so wonderful.

You are really making me want to push my trip next year back from the first-ish week of November to the same week in December. Decisions, decisions.

You and your bats. I have actually always avoided them so I don't know how much they actually creep me out in person. However, I am more confident after reading how you feel about them. They DO kinda look like cute little bears with wings. Maybe I'll have to stop in and say hello next time!

That really stinks that your pin lanyard had been stolen from you! What an awful thing to steal!! I once lost a Stitch pin my parents got for me (mostly because I was wearing it on a backpack and it was a bad place to put a pin!), and I was really disappointed when I saw it was no longer there! And that was just one pin, and entirely my fault! Ugh. People. :sad2:

Yes, cupcakes are absolutely a MUST at Disney! :thumbsup2 I like the bats too, they're fun to watch!

I haven't pin traded in like... almost ten years. Because some BUTTMUNCH stole one of my lanyards PACKED with pins. I was about 12 and it was devastating. In fact, I once had a purse stolen and I was less upset than when the lanyard was ripped from my clutches. And this was back before I knew about buying a ton of cheap pins on Ebay to trade. This was a lanyard full of carefully selected pins that my parents paid full price for that I LOVED and ADORED. STUPID PEOPLE STEALING MY STUFF!!!! I hope Jafar pees on everything you love and then burys you in the sand under Cave of Wonders. Jerks. :mad:
While I am very sorry that your lanyard was stolen, that is no good!, I am pretty sure this was the best rant EVER.

As always, loving your updates! I am so excited that you will be there for MNSSHP- you will love it!!! It is so awesome, we enjoyed it as much as our kids did. We are big Halloween people too. Also, we loved the Food and Wine Fest! Wish I could go every year! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

OMG I can't believe your pin lanyard got stolen! :eek: That's awful, I just don't understand who would do such a horrible thing. I am glad you called them a buttmunch though...no one likes a buttmunch! :rotfl:

I've never bothered with pin trading before, but now that I see how much fun it is in all of the TR's that I read, I kind of want to try it. I don't know anything about it, I don't know what pins are rare, which ones are part of which sets, I just want pins that I like. That's basically the same approach I take to Vinylmation collecting, I don't really know anything about it, I just try to get the ones that I like!

I am so afraid of bats. :scared1: I know they are pretty much harmless, but they just freak me out...even looking at your pictures, I kind of scrolled through them a little faster than the rest, they are just creepy! My DH always tells me they are mice with wings, and I have no problem with mice, but there's just something about bats! :rotfl:

Waking up to screaming is so much more magical than it sounds! :love:

Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone would do that to poor little 12 year old Lia. What the heck is wrong with people!!!??
They definitely deserve Jafar pee- you couldn't have picked a more perfect punishment!

It's always Yeti-time! Oh yeahhh Stacey knows what's up!

Haha that good work hilarious kid. That is, in fact, when you know the photo is coming.:rotfl:

I actually agree the bats are cute there. When it's pitch black and they are flying through the air...not so much BUT in daylight hanging upside down just chilling in all their bat glory= very cute

Seriously though? Why are people so stupid? Just buy your own dang stuff. Especially if it's a CHILD'S DISNEY PIN LANYARD. Good Lord. That makes me so sad. I'm sorry that happened to you... I haven't started pin trading yet, so all the ones I own so far are ones that are special to me. I would be so bummed if someone jacked them.

UGH WHY do CMs never know anything? Okay, that isn't true, a lot of them know a lot of things. But how can you be a Disney Cast Member and not know about the Pascal pins? Like, you're supposed to know about every single piece of merchandise. That should be part of the job description. Especially if said CM IS A PIN TRADER! Goodness!!! (So many feelings involved in this comment. Please excuse me!)

HAHAH that kid. Was he worried he would be vomming in the pic??? :lmao:

Yes yes yes, you should start updating more! YAY!!!

I know! I think it was probably stolen by another kid though, cause it happened at school. But I thought that maybe their parents would see it and be like UM where did this come from and make them bring it back or something but that never happened. :(

Well, I guess we can't expect them to know EVERYTHING. haha. But I mean, at the time of this trip, Tangled had been out for over a year, a CM should really know that there would have to be pins. I mean come on.

I will be! I've been working a lot on new updates so expect stuff coming soon! Woo!

Wait, your twelve year old self had her lanyard ruthlessly and heartlessly stolen from her grasp? What has our society come to?

I like that you describe bats as cuddly bears with wings! Never thought of them that way but it totally fits!

And yes, ma'am, you need to update more often! My I'm-addicted-to-trip-report self needs more TR!

Well, no. I explained it in an overly dramatic fashion, lol. It wasn't literally ripped from my clutches. I brought it to school for a show and tell kinda deal and then after school I had rehearsal in the gym b/c I was performing in the variety show. So I changed into dance clothes and left my lanyard in the locker room. No one even brought locks, we all trusted each other. Most of us just left our stuff lying around and nothing even got stolen, even purses and stuff. But that day I guess there were some sports teams or other kids staying after and when I got back my lanyard was gone. :( I was stupid to not lock it up in my real locker, but hey I was 12. What can ya do.

Don't they look just like that?? They're so adorable!!!

I have been working on new updates so never fear! I am here to help ease your TR addiction!

That is so very sad that your lanyard was stolen. I am glad to hear that you are not letting it hold you back anymore and are getting back on the pin trading bus. KEEP MOVING FORWARD. Pascal is worth it. He is so wonderful.

You are really making me want to push my trip next year back from the first-ish week of November to the same week in December. Decisions, decisions.

You and your bats. I have actually always avoided them so I don't know how much they actually creep me out in person. However, I am more confident after reading how you feel about them. They DO kinda look like cute little bears with wings. Maybe I'll have to stop in and say hello next time!

haha Yes! Keep moving forward! I plan on hunting for any Tangled pin I can find. Tangled is my main obsession right now. But just mainly anything that is unique.

Hmmm... it's definitely worth considering. Though you'll miss the Food & Wine Festival. I'd probably keep the same dates. It's not like first week of Nov is super crowded.

hahaha they really do! You should check them out! They're not so scary at Animal Kingdom, maybe if it was dark and one flew all up in my face I would be scared, but at AK they just kinda hang there and look all cute.

That really stinks that your pin lanyard had been stolen from you! What an awful thing to steal!! I once lost a Stitch pin my parents got for me (mostly because I was wearing it on a backpack and it was a bad place to put a pin!), and I was really disappointed when I saw it was no longer there! And that was just one pin, and entirely my fault! Ugh. People. :sad2:

Yes, cupcakes are absolutely a MUST at Disney! :thumbsup2 I like the bats too, they're fun to watch!

Sigh... we need to keep a closer eye on our pins. hahaha. My new lanyard is never leaving my sight, I swear!

Yes, they are. I plan on trying a lot of new cupcakes on our next trip but I don't know I can fit that in my stomach along with everything else I plan on eating. We'll see what happens. LOL.

Yay, another bat fan! I love watching them too.

While I am very sorry that your lanyard was stolen, that is no good!, I am pretty sure this was the best rant EVER.

As always, loving your updates! I am so excited that you will be there for MNSSHP- you will love it!!! It is so awesome, we enjoyed it as much as our kids did. We are big Halloween people too. Also, we loved the Food and Wine Fest! Wish I could go every year! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

hahaha Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed my little rant there.

Thanks! That's so great to hear that you enjoyed it just as much as your kids. It really sounds amazing, everyone tells me it's so worth the price. I wish I could go every year too!

OMG I can't believe your pin lanyard got stolen! :eek: That's awful, I just don't understand who would do such a horrible thing. I am glad you called them a buttmunch though...no one likes a buttmunch! :rotfl:

I've never bothered with pin trading before, but now that I see how much fun it is in all of the TR's that I read, I kind of want to try it. I don't know anything about it, I don't know what pins are rare, which ones are part of which sets, I just want pins that I like. That's basically the same approach I take to Vinylmation collecting, I don't really know anything about it, I just try to get the ones that I like!

I am so afraid of bats. :scared1: I know they are pretty much harmless, but they just freak me out...even looking at your pictures, I kind of scrolled through them a little faster than the rest, they are just creepy! My DH always tells me they are mice with wings, and I have no problem with mice, but there's just something about bats! :rotfl:

I know! I think it was a kid who stole it since it happened at school. RUDE. :headache: And that person was definitely a buttmunch. And a half.

Oh trust me, I'm no pin trading expert and I don't plan on becoming one! I really don't care which ones are rare or anything either. I'm with you, I just want pins that catch my eye and are unique.

Well, to me they are baby bears with wings and I just love them. LOL. I like weird and creepy things in general though!

Waking up to screaming is so much more magical than it sounds! :love:

Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone would do that to poor little 12 year old Lia. What the heck is wrong with people!!!??
They definitely deserve Jafar pee- you couldn't have picked a more perfect punishment!

It's always Yeti-time! Oh yeahhh Stacey knows what's up!

Haha that good work hilarious kid. That is, in fact, when you know the photo is coming.:rotfl:

I actually agree the bats are cute there. When it's pitch black and they are flying through the air...not so much BUT in daylight hanging upside down just chilling in all their bat glory= very cute

Very true! I love that wake up call so much!

I know. :( I thought I got a little carried away with the Jafar pee, so I'm glad you're on board with that. :lmao:

YES Stacey definitely does know what's up. She is wham.

Yeah, that's one ride photo I can never really pose for beyond just screaming my lungs out.

Yeah I agree, we used to have bats near our house at night and it was pretty scary and surreal to see them flying around. But at AK they just are nicely hanging there or eating fruit and I think they're lovely. haha.

I'm a huge fan of hyperbole so feel free to exaggerate to your hearts content!

And thank goodness I won't have to go into TR detox and rehab!

I've been so far behind. I apologize. Man, it's hard to catch up when you lose DIS time.

Gah, France (both the country and the Epcot country) is definitely full of beautiful men.

Good choices on your meals! Love Les Chefs. I love Croque Monsieur too, although I wish they would serve Croque Madam. I think it's tastier. :goodvibes

You did NOT mention before that the men in WS are attractive. Good to know.....

The cheese plate is divine at the patisserie. One of my favorite things to get when I'm there.

Oh my dear, that was a Grand Marnier slushie they gave you, not a Grey Goose one......the Grey Goose one is a very very very light yellow color, almost colorless. Clearly I am an expert on those machines.....:rolleyes1

I am craving a Mickey bar as well now dangit!

I love Iago and Zazu also! I was a little sad when they went away.

My Neverland is Disney World too. It's the best place ever.

I know about food drunk! It's crazy. I firmly believe that it can only happen in Disney World.

OMG, you're going to F&W!? My favorite favorite time to go! AAHHHHHH!!!

How do you fall asleep during Monster's Inc Laugh Floor? Not possible....well clearly it's possible, but that's pretty funny.

First of all, as a massive ride chicken myself, if you need any help convincing Lee-Ann to try some of the "thrill" rides, I'm more than willing to be of service. I can't speak for most of them because I've never done TOT, RNR, EE, or Mission Space, but the MK mountains are all very much doable even for a ride chicken like myself. I've been doing Splash/BTMRR since I was a kid, but it took me until I was 15 to get up the guts to go on Space Mountain and now it's one of my absolute favorites. I can't imagine a trip without it. I mean, I scream bloody murder the entire time and try my hardest not to start loudly cursing up a storm (which my family thinks is hilarious) but that just makes it more fun. And, I'm not gonna lie, the big drop on Splash is not fun at all (I look at whoever is sitting next to me and mutter "Why the hell did I do this again?" every single time the boat starts to climb the hill) but the rest of the ride makes up for those few seconds of horrible. And the new lapbars help a lot with the whole "I feel like I'm actually going to go flying into the briar patch" thing. ;)

I am envious of your ability to ride the mountains over and over without getting off. That never happens in the summer. Maybe in November I'll be able to have a Splashathon of my own. If not, I guess I'll just have to stick to a Country Bears-athon.

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS <3 OH MY GOD I REALLY HOPE I GET TO SEE THEM IN PERSON.

I feel like I saw someone with a Pascal pin in July. I'm not a pin trader, so I didn't really spend time looking at the pins for sale, but I really feel like I saw one on a CM's lanyard somewhere. I know for sure I saw a Pascal plush though. His scales were shiny. It was cute.

I love the bats too. I would probably hate them if they were flying around me because I have a general aversion to winged creatures, but they look so cute hanging on their ropes and just chillin'. Their little orange heads look really soft.

I have yet to find a Pascal pin too. Merp they do NOT make enough Tangled pins!!! It makes me so angry.

That story about your lanyard getting stolen is heartbreaking. However, I fully support you getting back into pin trading because disney pins have brought such a beautiful sunshine to my life. :lovestruc I AM OBSESSED AND I LOVE THEM AND I NEVER WANT TO STOP PIN TRADING EVER. Finding a rare one just brings a huge rush of joy and it's perfect.

Commenting to you live from Disney's Hilton Head resort.... because my family is all asleep and Preston left me so I'm all alone. NO FUN, PEOPLE. No fun. :rolleyes:

haha Yes! Keep moving forward! I plan on hunting for any Tangled pin I can find. Tangled is my main obsession right now. But just mainly anything that is unique.

Hmmm... it's definitely worth considering. Though you'll miss the Food & Wine Festival. I'd probably keep the same dates. It's not like first week of Nov is super crowded.

hahaha they really do! You should check them out! They're not so scary at Animal Kingdom, maybe if it was dark and one flew all up in my face I would be scared, but at AK they just kinda hang there and look all cute.

I am watching Tangled right now! "Though I do like breaking femurs, you can count me with the dreamers!" :lmao: Gosh I love this movie so much.

Lol I want to experience EVERY SINGLE TIME OF YEAR AT DISNEY!! I will be happy no matter when I go, but it's hard to pick. F&W? Christmas? Another time? Also, since I did get a job at a Disney Store FINALLY :cheer2: it is wayyyy more affordable. Unfortunately I can't afford to just fly down all the time! ;)

I love how Disney always maintains a perfect level of spookiness at anything "scary" they have. Bats, haunted hotels, halloween parties. HOW ARE THEY SO PERFECT?

I'm a huge fan of hyperbole so feel free to exaggerate to your hearts content!

And thank goodness I won't have to go into TR detox and rehab!

As am I, my friend, as am I!

I've been so far behind. I apologize. Man, it's hard to catch up when you lose DIS time.

Gah, France (both the country and the Epcot country) is definitely full of beautiful men.

Good choices on your meals! Love Les Chefs. I love Croque Monsieur too, although I wish they would serve Croque Madam. I think it's tastier. :goodvibes

You did NOT mention before that the men in WS are attractive. Good to know.....

The cheese plate is divine at the patisserie. One of my favorite things to get when I'm there.

Oh my dear, that was a Grand Marnier slushie they gave you, not a Grey Goose one......the Grey Goose one is a very very very light yellow color, almost colorless. Clearly I am an expert on those machines.....:rolleyes1

I am craving a Mickey bar as well now dangit!

I love Iago and Zazu also! I was a little sad when they went away.

My Neverland is Disney World too. It's the best place ever.

I know about food drunk! It's crazy. I firmly believe that it can only happen in Disney World.

OMG, you're going to F&W!? My favorite favorite time to go! AAHHHHHH!!!

How do you fall asleep during Monster's Inc Laugh Floor? Not possible....well clearly it's possible, but that's pretty funny.

Oh hey!! Ahh, you went to DLRP! Omg, I have to find time to read your TR. I bet you had a beyond amazing trip. So jealous!

All around... France is just fabulous. Again, I'm so jealous you got to actually go there! It's a dream of mine. I'm sure the food and men are even MORE amazing in the actual country. :lovestruck:

I probably knew at the time it was Grand Marnier... I can't remember. I do remember trying to decide which one to get. Which one do you like better, Grey Goose or Grand Marnier? Cause as you read, I wasn't too thrilled with the latter!

It really can only happen in Disney World. Versions of it can happen outside of Disney, but you HAVE to be there for the full, 100%, complete ridiculousness effect.

Yes!!!!! :cheer2: In just under 2 months I will be there! :hyper: It's my favorite time to go as well!

Yeah, thanks to my mom, now we know it is possible... TWICE. :lmao: But I am DETERMINED... next time she is STAYING AWAKE!!

Thanks for catching up! I can't wait to catch up on yours!

First of all, as a massive ride chicken myself, if you need any help convincing Lee-Ann to try some of the "thrill" rides, I'm more than willing to be of service. I can't speak for most of them because I've never done TOT, RNR, EE, or Mission Space, but the MK mountains are all very much doable even for a ride chicken like myself. I've been doing Splash/BTMRR since I was a kid, but it took me until I was 15 to get up the guts to go on Space Mountain and now it's one of my absolute favorites. I can't imagine a trip without it. I mean, I scream bloody murder the entire time and try my hardest not to start loudly cursing up a storm (which my family thinks is hilarious) but that just makes it more fun. And, I'm not gonna lie, the big drop on Splash is not fun at all (I look at whoever is sitting next to me and mutter "Why the hell did I do this again?" every single time the boat starts to climb the hill) but the rest of the ride makes up for those few seconds of horrible. And the new lapbars help a lot with the whole "I feel like I'm actually going to go flying into the briar patch" thing. ;)

I am envious of your ability to ride the mountains over and over without getting off. That never happens in the summer. Maybe in November I'll be able to have a Splashathon of my own. If not, I guess I'll just have to stick to a Country Bears-athon.

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS <3 OH MY GOD I REALLY HOPE I GET TO SEE THEM IN PERSON.

I feel like I saw someone with a Pascal pin in July. I'm not a pin trader, so I didn't really spend time looking at the pins for sale, but I really feel like I saw one on a CM's lanyard somewhere. I know for sure I saw a Pascal plush though. His scales were shiny. It was cute.

I love the bats too. I would probably hate them if they were flying around me because I have a general aversion to winged creatures, but they look so cute hanging on their ropes and just chillin'. Their little orange heads look really soft.

OMG Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I will talk to her about that and tell her... though I may leave out the part about the drop on Splash being horrible. You really hate it? That is so... interesting to me. Cause I just love thrill rides *so* much that it's hard for me to understand! I really love that f-ed up tingly feeling you get in your butt/stomach... and if you're on Mission: Space.. your BRAIN. Well, I can understand people not liking the Mission: Space feeling b/c it's just that intense. I mean, I think instead of asking Lee-Anne if she'd consider riding it, I'm going to warn her NOT to. She said the reason she doesn't want to do the thrill rides is that she "doesn't like feeling in control" which is very much what Mission: Space is. I've never gotten high but I swear that ride is like getting high as HALE. I just don't want her to ride something and then have an adverse reaction and then REALLY be like "NO THRILL RIDES EVER AHHH!!" So we'll see what happens. Maybe we'll start with Goofy's Barnstormer and work our way up. LOL.

Ahhhhh I really hope you get to go in November! And if so, MAKE SURE you take advantage of late night EMH since they are very rudely shortening it!!! Grr.

They have those Pascal plushes at the Disney Store! I always want to buy one but I really need to stop buying stuffed toys. I'm 22. Who am I kidding, I'll probably buy one.

Well if YOU like the bats then anyone can... I know about your fear of them! In fact, last time I was at AK and I got to the bird part of the trail I was like oh man, Kara would freak out right now. Cause they were quite active.

I have yet to find a Pascal pin too. Merp they do NOT make enough Tangled pins!!! It makes me so angry.

That story about your lanyard getting stolen is heartbreaking. However, I fully support you getting back into pin trading because disney pins have brought such a beautiful sunshine to my life. :lovestruc I AM OBSESSED AND I LOVE THEM AND I NEVER WANT TO STOP PIN TRADING EVER. Finding a rare one just brings a huge rush of joy and it's perfect.

Commenting to you live from Disney's Hilton Head resort.... because my family is all asleep and Preston left me so I'm all alone. NO FUN, PEOPLE. No fun. :rolleyes:

Well if YOU are having trouble finding a Pascal pin, they must be truly elusive! You find all the cool pins. However, I am so DETERMINED. I'm telling you, I will find a Pascal pin in October if it kills me!

Ahh yay! I can't wait to get back into it! Honestly, some of the ones I've seen on TRs recently have gotten me so re-interested in it. Pins are a lot more creative than they were like 8-10 years ago. There are so many unique ones. I love it!

Aww. I hate when other people are asleep on your trip and you just wanna GO. I bet you're counting down the minutes until you see Cory again. EXCUSE me... I mean Preston. Sorry, I just get them confused. hahaha

I am watching Tangled right now! "Though I do like breaking femurs, you can count me with the dreamers!" :lmao: Gosh I love this movie so much.

Lol I want to experience EVERY SINGLE TIME OF YEAR AT DISNEY!! I will be happy no matter when I go, but it's hard to pick. F&W? Christmas? Another time? Also, since I did get a job at a Disney Store FINALLY :cheer2: it is wayyyy more affordable. Unfortunately I can't afford to just fly down all the time! ;)

I love how Disney always maintains a perfect level of spookiness at anything "scary" they have. Bats, haunted hotels, halloween parties. HOW ARE THEY SO PERFECT?

YES!!!! hahahaha I love that song. "I have dreams like you NO REALLY! Just much less touchy feely!" That movie is just PERFECT in every way.

I agree, I'd be happy going to Disney anytime, but going during a special event season/low crowd time just adds that extra level of magic onto everything.

OMG! Congrats on the Disney Store job! I'm gonna re-apply after my Halloween store closes this year and hopefully they'll be taking on new people then cause I really want to work there!

That is so true! ToT really has the exact PERFECT tone... eerie... like something just isn't right there... something bad happened... and now it may happen to you too... muhahahahahaha....

Hahaa I hope you find one so bad :) Kristen found a pascal pin at old key west in July. So I mean, they exist! But just barely :p

And GAHH I know. Pins are literally my favorite thing in the world. When I find a unique one, I just freak out.

Lol yes I am ;) Hahaha Kristen calls him "sir Cory Matthews" sometimes. Because they are the SAME. One time we were watching Boy Meets World and Preston came in my dorm room and him and Cory were both wearing a red shirt. it was so funny. :laughing: but yes, 10 days until he comes back!!! :yay:

I have been dying to do a Splashathon. I really need to go when there is no one there during school so I can have MK all to myself without all of the parents who bring their kids for EMH till 1am and so I can wait in zero lines. This is why I hate school. They are making me miss out on Disney time. And lovely ride like Splash Mountain.

THE CASTLE AND MAIN STREET LOOK AMAZING.

I have recently got back into pin trading and I have never seen a CM with a Pascal pin, let alone a Tangled pin. It’s ridiculous!

The bats are really cool! A pet bat would be great.

Hahaa I hope you find one so bad :) Kristen found a pascal pin at old key west in July. So I mean, they exist! But just barely :p

And GAHH I know. Pins are literally my favorite thing in the world. When I find a unique one, I just freak out.

Lol yes I am ;) Hahaha Kristen calls him "sir Cory Matthews" sometimes. Because they are the SAME. One time we were watching Boy Meets World and Preston came in my dorm room and him and Cory were both wearing a red shirt. it was so funny. :laughing: but yes, 10 days until he comes back!!! :yay:

Ahh me too. I really want a Flynn/Eugene pin. That SAYS Eugene. Ahh that would be perfection. I'm glad Kristen found Pascal, that gives me hope!

hahaha that is too funny. I am still holding out hope that Preston will find a Shawn Hunter looking friend for me. Or even an Eric Matthews. :lmao:

I have been dying to do a Splashathon. I really need to go when there is no one there during school so I can have MK all to myself without all of the parents who bring their kids for EMH till 1am and so I can wait in zero lines. This is why I hate school. They are making me miss out on Disney time. And lovely ride like Splash Mountain.

THE CASTLE AND MAIN STREET LOOK AMAZING.

I have recently got back into pin trading and I have never seen a CM with a Pascal pin, let alone a Tangled pin. It’s ridiculous!

The bats are really cool! A pet bat would be great.

Today, I heard they are closing down Splash during EMH! This makes no sense to me. I'm sure they have their reasons, but this is so disappointing. :( It's become a staple of our trips. Hopefully Splashathons can still occur when the park closes late normally.

ahh I know it's so rare! I will not give up on finding Pascal though! IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO I WILL FIND A PASCAL PIN!!!

haha I'm glad someone agrees. I would seriously love having a pet bat.

DECEMBER 12, 2011
Day 7, Part 2 In Which The Tigers Make Me Cry

When we last left off, my mom and I were visiting with our adorable little bears with wings that some people call bats.

And then... ladies and gentlemen... *sigh*....

7462585810_2ebd403487_z.jpg

OH THE BEAUTY!

7462586294_afc0dbd686_z.jpg

So... I started crying right away. I always cry when I see them. I just think they are one of the prime examples of how unbelievable nature and the world is and how beautiful things are and how we are all one and how life isn't so bad and all of that. I GET EMOTIONAL OVER ANIMALS, OK?

7462587182_4b6a44aed7_z.jpg

This was BY FAR the best experience we've ever had with the tigers. They were just so active and coming SO close to us. And they were just so unbelievably lovely.

7462586722_94c85c208c_z.jpg

7462587646_c6bf50b084_z.jpg

7462588122_676a935275_z.jpg

7462580386_8da5f52d79_z.jpg

7462588820_523808cd22_z.jpg

7462588462_087ab1d379_z.jpg

7462589284_49e7c60ce8_z.jpg

7462589848_915c449983_z.jpg

7462590292_006f53792c_z.jpg

7462590710_cc0a724078_z.jpg

What happened next was one of my favorite moments all trip. OH OH OH IT WAS SO AMAZING, I CAN NOT EVEN TELL YOU.

We moved on from the first viewing area over to the next one and I've never seen the tigers get as close as they did this day.

Tigger must have jogged from Fantasyland to inform them of our arrival, because they were walking around like crazy and coming RIGHT up to the windows and everything. It was insane and awesome, being that close to a tiger. I really couldn't believe it.

7462591162_b69dc9a483_z.jpg

No zoom used in these pics! No, just tigers coming right up to me like that's a normal thing that happens in life!

They were kind of acting like dogs... like they were interested in us and wanted to come up and smell us and see what we were doing there and say hi. Oh man, I was crying the whole time. I'm sorry I didn't take more pictures in this area, but I was SO SO SO overwhelmed by this. I couldn't believe that there were real tigers this close to me and I was just standing there in awe watching them.

7462591534_a8a770335e_z.jpg

KJDHLASUDFHASHJDBS.

God, I just love Disney so much. I mean, where else can you have an experience like this...short of actually coming face to face with a tiger in the wild. It's not like you get this kind of experience at zoos. Disney just does everything so perfectly. Not only do they give guests this remarkable experience, but the animals never look miserable the way they do in zoos. They look as content as if they were in their natural habitat. It just makes my heart happy. My mom and I were both just stunned by the entire experience. It was on another level.

While we were watching them in this area, my mom struck up a conversation with a woman who told us some interesting info. All the tigers are female, and they're also all mixes of different breeds of tigers, so they're mutts. They've also never lived in the wild and probably wouldn't make it there, so they don't "miss" being free and aren't trying to stage some kind of tiger jailbreak or anything. They're also rather tame.

Up next: Will our awesome luck with animals continue? Would we accomplish everything on our list? Can someone get started on the script for a Tiger Jailbreak movie please?​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter