There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Thanks for helping us move, Dee!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. db57me

db57me Mouseketeer

Thanks for the magic, Dee!
    [​IMG]

4. Flyz Ondewalz

Flyz Ondewalz Beach Club Sunken Treasure cherry eating fiend!

Yep you did! That Ninja Mom is Such a SLACKER! ::yes::

Signed, your thread Pal Buzzy the Fly, the Beach Club Resort guy

5. OfTheWind

OfTheWind Mouseketeer

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

page 244-249

:woohoo:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list and keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that more days open up for you at YC.

:goodvibes

There is a tribute to the Sunken Treasure on Page 2 of this thread, in the Community post. I'll come back and edit in the recipe.

:)

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
    1 1/2 shots Midori
    1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
    1 shot orange juice
    1 shot pineapple juice
    Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
    1 shot Blue CuraƧao
    Over ice
    Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Of course! We always need a home.

:thumbsup2

Here are some of my answers to your questions-

I hesitate to definitively state when buses and boats start operating, but I think an hour before that park opens is a good rule of thumb.

The trip to MK takes between 12-15 minutes and about 15 minutes to AK (plus whatever wait time you have for the bus). The travel time to DTD is approx. 25-30 minutes. Consider getting a taxi back to the resort from DTD. I'm a total cheapo, but paying for the cab fare for that route of travel is worth every penny!

How little are the legs that are joining you on the trip? We have done the walk back to the resort from HS. We beat the boat when we are briskly walking. We haven't done the walk TO HS because we don't want to wear ourselves out early in the day. Whether or not you want to do the walk should probably depend on weather and how tired you are. About a 20-25 minute walk between YC and HS.

Not sure about the Beaches & Cream wait or crowd conditions at the pool.

:thumbsup2

Not that I have ever seen.

Here's a question- where did you get the cocktail? Did you BYOB or get something from Hurricane Hanna's or elsewhere before going to the quiet pool?

7. cantwaitvaca09

cantwaitvaca09 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the information in this thread!! You guys are awesome

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

page 244-249 (continued)

What a nice offer! I hope someone was able to take you up on it.

:(

So sorry to hear that! Please let us know when you book your birthday trip! We'll be waiting.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list if you let us know when your trip is.

:woohoo:

Not positive about the answer to your question, but I think you have to physically go to CBR.

Yes, all BC GV CL rooms currently have full balconies. I don't expect that to change with the upcoming refurb, but who knows!

Have a fantastic time!!!

I don't think it matters to much if you do the advanced checkin or not when staying CL. Can anyone think of major advantages? Maybe a slightly quicker checkin since you have already provided your credit card info.

We have had 3 BC CL stays, never did the online checkin and our room was ready every time (approx. 11:30 am).

:cool1:

9. amg35

amg35 DIS Veteran

I had white wine with ice in my refillable mug! :rotfl: Classy. :thumbsup2

Uh oh, was that bad? I'm always breaking rules I don't know about! :rotfl: I won't do it again if it's not allowed.

I would imagine you can carry a drink over there though. I bought a fruity mixed drink at Hurricane Hanna's and drank it over on the rocking chairs at Yacht Club, away from the pool. :)

10. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl DIS Veteran

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

No worries! It's all good. I don't think there is a rule against bringing your own (as long as the container is not glass), but I was just wondering if there was nearby option for getting a drink. Either Hurricane Hanna's or something at Boardwalk.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of youtube links in the first post on Page 2 of this thread. I'll add the other couple that were provided to the page as well.

12. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

We're 7 days away too!!! Beyond excited DD is celebrating her graduation so I am hoping all of our plans go smoothly. Thanks for the youtube links they are great!

13. mom2aandp

mom2aandp Earning My Ears

Hurricane Hanna question. Can you not get a pail and shovel with the kids meal? If so, does it cost any less? Thanks so much! Can wait until July!

14. GoofyJen

GoofyJen Earning My Ears

Dee thank you for starting the new thread!!! Also heads up to anyone using garden grocer, be sure to order 90 days or more out for 20% discount. I missed it by 5 days but still got 10% off.

Also question, dd has appt at BBB at 8 what time should we catch a bus to MK?

15. cocoabean1

cocoabean1 Mouseketeer

Good job on the move---

Made our ADR's for our 180 day mark- yeah!!!!

16. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

Thanks natebanma for all your hard work !!!

17. wdwgirl1

wdwgirl1 Mouseketeer

Question about buses to TL...we are staying at the YC. What stops will be made on the way to TL...also what stops are made coming back to the YC from TL? Thanks so much in advance :)

18. jenjersnap

jenjersnap yadda yadda yadda

Subscribing to the new thread with a question...

If we have a pre-park opening breakfast at DHS, should we anticipate having to walk? Anyone know?

19. GoGoBeans

GoGoBeans Mouseketeer

Thanks for setting up the new thread Dee, and that you for posting the Sunken treasure in the old one. :worship:

20. hill6

hill6 DIS Veteran

That would be an awesome upgrade. Enjoy

21. mousegear

mousegear DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

This is Hurricane Hanna menu taken from last Nov and all kids meal came in a pail and shovel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.