There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 2-4

Glad everyone is enjoying the new space, and I thank you for your appreciative comments.

For those of you with upcoming trips, wishing you a fantastic time!

:goodvibes

So we are leaving on Tuesday for the Pop Warner scholastic banquet which is at the Yacht club, we got a beach club room for 6 days and I just checked my Disney experience and under hotel reservations it no longer says standard view it says Lagoon or pool view. Am I right in thinking we got upgraded, wooo hoo, last day of fundraising for the trip at Wal-Mart, thank god.:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest. May 20-25? That could well be an upgrade, but I'm not positive.

:cool1:

I run on EDT. (That stands for Eastern Dee Time).

And Dee when you slow down :rotfl2: you can add me to the 2015 list. Marathon weekend at BCV.

MickeyT and Family Marathon Weekend #7
Disney's Beach Club Villas
January 8, 2015 - January 12, 2015

I run on EDT, too!!!

I will add you to the list

:woohoo:

Dee - fabulous job as always!

Off to ds's CYO track meet!
DH is running a marathon in the poconos this weekend - lucky me.
I get to sit through a three to four hour track meet.

Thanks! Hope the runs were great for both your DS and DH.

:cool2:

Hello! I was wondering if my party consists of 5, do I need to request a daybed at BC? If it's already known by disney do I have still request one? Thanks!

Most of the time you will get a room with a daybed when you have five. If it doesn't happen then they give you a roll away bed. :)

This info is correct, as long as all of the people in your traveling party are over the age of 3. If anyone is younger, then you are just considered to be a family of 4.

:thumbsup2

Just in case I haven't given you a welcome to the thread yet

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

Hurricane Hanna question. Can you not get a pail and shovel with the kids meal? If so, does it cost any less? Thanks so much! Can wait until July!

This is Hurricane Hanna menu taken from last Nov and all kids meal came in a pail and shovel.

Thanks for posting the picture of the sign, mousegear!

The official policy is that the kids' meals are the same price with or without the pail. Someone asked a CM last winter. But we also had a poster report that she was given a discount when she asked for one when she ordered a meal without the pail. I suspect that was just a bit of random magic, not an indication of what someone should expect.

:)

Dee thank you for starting the new thread!!! Also heads up to anyone using garden grocer, be sure to order 90 days or more out for 20% discount. I missed it by 5 days but still got 10% off.

Also question, dd has appt at BBB at 8 what time should we catch a bus to MK?

Thanks for that helpful tip!

I would be at the bus stop no later than 7 am.

Question about buses to TL...we are staying at the YC. What stops will be made on the way to TL...also what stops are made coming back to the YC from TL? Thanks so much in advance :)

Reposting- I'm not sure.

Subscribing to the new thread with a question...

If we have a pre-park opening breakfast at DHS, should we anticipate having to walk? Anyone know?

Good question.

The problem I have had with the boats in the morning is not that they are not running early enough, but that they don't necessarily have room for everyone waiting at the dock.

My suggestion is to be out at the boat dock 50 mintues before your scheduled breakfast time. If you don't get on a boat 35 minutes before your ADR time, bail on the boat and walk.

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with recent changes, but there has been so much going on, I may have missed something.

Please take a moment to review your information to make sure I have it listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Question about buses to TL...we are staying at the YC. What stops will be made on the way to TL...also what stops are made coming back to the YC from TL? Thanks so much in advance :)

When we were at the BC in late March the TL bus shared with the DTD bus. From the YC it went to BC, then BWI, then the Marketplace at DTD, then the West End, then it stopped at TL.

When leaving TL the bus goes to the Swan/Dolphin then the YC. I don't know if they change that in the summer months. :confused3

Yeah, a nice new home. Settling in.

We have a little more than three more months to go before we stay at the Yacht Club. We will be at the PBH over at the dark side from the 19 of August before checking into the Yacht Club on the 23rd. Then, since we wanted to go to the first MNSSHP, we are moving to the WL for two nights after saying goodbye to the YC. I know, a lot of moving, but we are so excited to be in Orlando for 2 weeks, but so sad as we will be arriving a day after the Dis meet. Oh well.

Has anyone done the bass fishing that leaves from YC?
Is it worth the cost?

In the information I have on Page 1 about the Marina (Post 5: Ameneties), I have links to reviews/information about fishing (at both Crescent Lake and Bay Lake at MK).

Guided Fishing Excursions are available daily at 7am, 10am, and 1:30pm. For reservations, please call 407-WDW-BASS.

Fishing Trip Review
Fishing Trip Review

I also have reviews of some of the other boat rental options including Illumination cruises

Do all CL rooms at BC have full balconies or do these have the same mix of larger and small balconies as all non-CL rooms? Thanks

In the information I have on Page 1 about the Marina (Post 5: Ameneties), I have links to reviews/information about fishing (at both Crescent Lake and Bay Lake at MK).

Guided Fishing Excursions are available daily at 7am, 10am, and 1:30pm. For reservations, please call 407-WDW-BASS.

Fishing Trip Review
Fishing Trip Review

I also have reviews of some of the other boat rental options including Illumination cruises

Thank you very very very much. I may have to look into the illumination's cruise vs fishing that sounds so cool
When you get a change can you post the link to that? Thank you again

Great job setting up a new home Dee! Back on the boards after a slight break, we returned from a wonderful stay at Beach Club April 16-26. Then returning to reality and the blues that you get when you get back from your magical time. I just want to give a big Hello to Teena! Finally got to meet her in person, she is lovely. Teena, you were so pleasant with the 3 girls with pin trading, they really enjoyed meeting you too!
Dee, can you please add me to Be Our Guest, we are heading back April 15-25, 2015 to Beach Club Villas, woo hoo!!!:cool1:
Thank you for all of the amazing work you do here! It's the one place I look forward to visiting everyday!

Has anyone done the bass fishing that leaves from YC?
Is it worth the cost?

I've gone fishing at WDW for the last two years, once from Bay Lake and then the last time from Caribbean Beach resort. We have not gone from the Yacht Club yet....

We love the fishing at WDW. The guides are really great and they help you as much as needed. Our fishing trips at WDW are one of the "can't miss" highlights of our trip. If this is something that you are even slightly interested in then I highly recommend checking it out.

Call this number, 1-407-824-1219 to talk to the Fishing CM's (and NOT the generic call center workers). These Fishing CM's will be able to help you plan your fishing trip much better than the call center workers.

This is the monster I caught at CBR resort last March, 2014.

13120645513_f1d050de77_z.jpg

~NM

Just spent the weekend in another state at a soccer tournament, and came home to find the new thread - thanks !! :) FOUR days until we arrive at BC. Slowly going crazy with the waiting !!!

Hi from the yacht club. We had a very busy 1st day. We had lunch at rose and crown pub, then walked over to the beach club to meet the lovely Teena. After that we went to magic kingdom attempted to ride pirates but it broke down. :( Then we headed back to EPCOT to ride soarin. Finished the night off lounging in the pool watching the fireworks.

Our room is amazing!!! We have lagoon view that looks over the wedding gazebo. We are loving it here so far.

Off to bed because we have to get up early for breakfast with cinderella tomorrow.

I'll check in tomorrow to see if I can help anyone.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Do all CL rooms at BC have full balconies or do these have the same mix of larger and small balconies as all non-CL rooms? Thanks

No, not all of the BC CL rooms have full balconies, but it is a slightly higher percentage than in the rest of the resort. About 70% compared 50%. According to my notes, all of the BC CL GV rooms do have full balconies.

If you are staying at club level at the BC and want a full balcony, you should add that as a request to your reservation.

Thank you very very very much. I may have to look into the illumination's cruise vs fishing that sounds so cool
When you get a change can you post the link to that? Thank you again

If you go to the first page of this thread, the 5th post is "Amenities" and includes information about the Marina (as well as the spa and arcade and other info). The links to the fishing review are there. There are also links to a couple of trip report sections describing the Illuminations cruises.

:goodvibes

Great job setting up a new home Dee! Back on the boards after a slight break, we returned from a wonderful stay at Beach Club April 16-26. Then returning to reality and the blues that you get when you get back from your magical time. I just want to give a big Hello to Teena! Finally got to meet her in person, she is lovely. Teena, you were so pleasant with the 3 girls with pin trading, they really enjoyed meeting you too!
Dee, can you please add me to Be Our Guest, we are heading back April 15-25, 2015 to Beach Club Villas, woo hoo!!!:cool1:
Thank you for all of the amazing work you do here! It's the one place I look forward to visiting everyday!

:welcome: back!

I'm happy to hear you had a great trip, and I'm even more pleased that I get to add you back to the list!

Hi from the yacht club. We had a very busy 1st day. We had lunch at rose and crown pub, then walked over to the beach club to meet the lovely Teena. After that we went to magic kingdom attempted to ride pirates but it broke down. :( Then we headed back to EPCOT to ride soarin. Finished the night off lounging in the pool watching the fireworks.

Our room is amazing!!! We have lagoon view that looks over the wedding gazebo. We are loving it here so far.

Off to bed because we have to get up early for breakfast with cinderella tomorrow.

I'll check in tomorrow to see if I can help anyone.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for the live check-in. Enjoy!

Have fun dining in the castle!

:woohoo:

I've gone fishing at WDW for the last two years, once from Bay Lake and then the last time from Caribbean Beach resort. We have not gone from the Yacht Club yet....

We love the fishing at WDW. The guides are really great and they help you as much as needed. Our fishing trips at WDW are one of the "can't miss" highlights of our trip. If this is something that you are even slightly interested in then I highly recommend checking it out.

Call this number, 1-407-824-1219 to talk to the Fishing CM's (and NOT the generic call center workers). These Fishing CM's will be able to help you plan your fishing trip much better than the call center workers.

]

~NM

Thank you, my husband want to take my girls who will be 7 & 9 at the time. Is it worth it for them? I am worried they will get board after 30 minute or so. He does take them fishing near our home in the summer but they are close by so they can run home when they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter