The "World" May Never Be The Same! *We're back!* *new 8/24*

We picked these up today at a dollar store, thanks again for the idea! We may go back for more :rolleyes:

We had to open one of the packages for umm testing (playing with the camera) and we are definitely going back for more. The even had glow leis which I am so going to have to go back for. We're going to be glow-tastic and making all the kiddies jealous. Well except yours as you have the glow sticks covered.

We had to open one of the packages for umm testing (playing with the camera) and we are definitely going back for more. The even had glow leis which I am so going to have to go back for. We're going to be glow-tastic and making all the kiddies jealous. Well except yours as you have the glow sticks covered.

You clearly have a better dollar store then I do! Glow leis would be so cool!

HI! I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.:hug:
Kids activities and $$.:scared1: My boys both play travel baseball and it is crazy tha amount of $$ that costs.But we will do whatever we have to do...right?:goodvibes

I love the hippo story.:) :rotfl:

I am so jealous! I just so your picture with the Stanley Cup. We love hockey in our house and would love to see the Cup. Did it come near your home or were you out of town?

Beth

Hi Mike! Thanks for joining in on the fun here!

Glad to be here, thank you for the warm welcome :hug:

I was so relieved to get the passport! I wouldn't have really left her behind but still - the thought had crossed my mind! Well, not really - well maybe just for a second! :rolleyes1

Yes, the passport thing can be a real hassle. I have a friend who is going to England/France in November and her U.S. passport request had been bogged down for over 5 months and she kept calling and it was stuck at stage 3 of 5 and was showing no sign of moving forward. She ended up calling her congressman :eek: She got her passport the next afternoon though - lol!

My surgery is next week. I couldn't be moved up because I was sick last week and the first part of this one so I am stuck with the date. Oh well. Not anything I can do about it now. :confused3

Well you gotta do what's best for your health, and you certainly couldn't chance going into surgery with any sickie ickies :sad2: Here's some good mojo for the procedure pixiedust: :mickeyjum pixiedust: :mickeyjum pixiedust:

Someone who feels my pain about childen's activities! I love the kids but they are expensive little creatures! Wouldn't change it for anything though!

Oh yes indeed ...and at this point we'd just hoping they've settled on something so we wouldn't have to keep buying new uniforms and equipment and such :rotfl2: But they're enjoying themselves and keeping active, and that counts for so much.

Another computer geek! My DH will be happy to read that someone else is dissing my Mac! :lmao:

I see you are another west-coaster! When is your trip planned for? We are driving down from Vancouver and flying out of Seattle. Once I get on that plane I just want to be there but it takes so long......

Hehehe, well I work at a college in IT and the adage is "MACs are just fine, just keep them off of my network" ;-] Yup, northwesterner and wouldn't have it any other way.

We're flying out the second week of January and for once don't have a long drive to the airport, having found decent airfare taking off from the next town over :woohoo: Going there will be great, it is coming back that is going to be a drag :P

Glad to have you on board here Mike! Keep posting and jump in on the fun!

Thanks again! I've had a busy couple of days, but I'll certainly partake of any and all things fun :thumbsup2 :cool1:

HI! I hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.:hug:
Kids activities and $$.:scared1: My boys both play travel baseball and it is crazy tha amount of $$ that costs.But we will do whatever we have to do...right?:goodvibes

I love the hippo story.:) :rotfl:

Thanks! At least with dance they wear the same thing every year except when it comes to costumes. Now that's a scary time of year! :scared:

I am so jealous! I just so your picture with the Stanley Cup. We love hockey in our house and would love to see the Cup. Did it come near your home or were you out of town?

Beth

The picture of the cup was taken last summer. Carolina had won it and someone from our little hometown was on the team so he got to bring it home! It was so much fun!

Glad to be here, thank you for the warm welcome :hug:

Yes, the passport thing can be a real hassle. I have a friend who is going to England/France in November and her U.S. passport request had been bogged down for over 5 months and she kept calling and it was stuck at stage 3 of 5 and was showing no sign of moving forward. She ended up calling her congressman :eek: She got her passport the next afternoon though - lol!

Well you gotta do what's best for your health, and you certainly couldn't chance going into surgery with any sickie ickies :sad2: Here's some good mojo for the procedure pixiedust: :mickeyjum pixiedust: :mickeyjum pixiedust:

Oh yes indeed ...and at this point we'd just hoping they've settled on something so we wouldn't have to keep buying new uniforms and equipment and such :rotfl2: But they're enjoying themselves and keeping active, and that counts for so much.

Hehehe, well I work at a college in IT and the adage is "MACs are just fine, just keep them off of my network" ;-] Yup, northwesterner and wouldn't have it any other way.

We're flying out the second week of January and for once don't have a long drive to the airport, having found decent airfare taking off from the next town over :woohoo: Going there will be great, it is coming back that is going to be a drag :P

Thanks again! I've had a busy couple of days, but I'll certainly partake of any and all things fun :thumbsup2 :cool1:

I've had to call about the passports going "but we leave in 2 days!" and they were really good about getting them to us. It really wasn't too big of a deal but I was still panicing.

Lucky flying out close to home. We just can't justify the cost because it is an international flight from here. If we fly out from south of the border - it is literally 1/4 of the cost.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Talk to you soon!

I am getting very excited! More so then the kids I think.

But I do have this surgery on Tuesday that is hanging over my head like some sort of dark cloud.

I'll be os glad to get it over with so I can focus on all things Disney!

I am sure it will all go well!

Chapter 14 - Hippo Hippo!

Am I on chapter 14 or 15? I can't remember. Can't remember much these days! Must be getting old.....

Oh well. I am going to call it 14!

A little background......

When Belle was little HG (that's Handsome Genius for those who may not have read the first page also known as my husband!) and I thought it would be fun to conduct a little experiment with brain washing (yes, we were that evil) on our little girl.

From the time she was very little when we were teaching her that dogs say "woof" and cats say "meow" and cows say "moo" we also taught her that hippos say "hippo hippo". Thought we'd plant that little seed in there and see where it took us. :thumbsup2

Well everything was going along great until her first day of preschool. Hugged her and kissed her and told her that we loved her and had no idea that 4 years of careful brain washing was about to come completely undone in 2 hours.

When I went to pick her up from her very first day she came stomping out of her classroom mad as anything and yelled at me "Hippos don't say hippo hippo!". :eek:

All that work for nothing. :confused3

Anyways......

When Tink came along she was way too smart for that. She was on to us from the very first time we tried to tell her that. :rolleyes:

But Tink is obsessed with hippos so maybe all our work wasn't for nothing. She has a stuffed hippo that she doesn't go anywhere without and knows all sorts of interesting hippo facts but had never in her memory seen a real live hippo. Of course she has seen one but not since she was a year old so fair enough - she wanted to see one.

On Thursday we went on a hippo party and headed south of the border to Seattle in search of hippos! Woodland Park Zoo here we come!

She had a ball and spent most of her time infront of the hippo pond yelling "HIPPO" at the top of her lungs! It was very cute and was exactly the kind of escape we needed.

Here come the hippos!

IMG_7257.jpg

That's a cute story!
I've never seen a hippo that close! I would have been tempted to throw it some bubblegum balls. (that's what they looked like in the game)

:rotfl2:

Going there will be great, it is coming back that is going to be a drag :P

I couldn't agree more!

That's a cute story!
I've never seen a hippo that close! I would have been tempted to throw it some bubblegum balls. (that's what they looked like in the game)

:rotfl2:

The trainers were throwing them apples when they'd open up but like that! It was so cute - they'd beg for the apples!

The trainers were throwing them apples when they'd open up but like that! It was so cute - they'd beg for the apples!

That would have been cool to see :-] We saw several of them at the Oregon Zoo in Portland - it was really cool seeing something that big swimming through the water :D

Sarah, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuseday! :hug: All will go well, then you can move on to all things Disney!!!

Ugh, talk to me about kids' activities....I've got two in dance and cheerleading and wanting to add gymnastics in the winter and DS plays inline hockey. The initial output ($) for hockey equipment was alot but hopefully he won't outgrow everything too quickly. Dance, yes, I agree, isn't so bad, until you get all of those recital expenses...costumes, t-shirts, dvd's, tickets...yikes!!! :scared1:

That would have been cool to see :-] We saw several of them at the Oregon Zoo in Portland - it was really cool seeing something that big swimming through the water :D

They are pretty cool to watch - they are surprisingly graceful for something that huge!

Sarah, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuseday! :hug: All will go well, then you can move on to all things Disney!!!

Ugh, talk to me about kids' activities....I've got two in dance and cheerleading and wanting to add gymnastics in the winter and DS plays inline hockey. The initial output ($) for hockey equipment was alot but hopefully he won't outgrow everything too quickly. Dance, yes, I agree, isn't so bad, until you get all of those recital expenses...costumes, t-shirts, dvd's, tickets...yikes!!! :scared1:

Thanks Laurie. I think I am in denial about tomorrow and i plan on staying there as long as I can!

Thankfully (or maybe not depending on how you look at it) Belle can only do dance and no other activities because she does it 6 days a week for up to 5 hours a day so no room for any other activities! Tink doesn't do as much and she was figure skating as well but I think she wants to drop figure skating and add more dance. :eek:

For us its the competetion fees and costumes that kill us. Last year Belle had 13 numbers! Yikes! Anyone want to buy a kidney? ;)

Chapter 15 - Doing a dance!

OUR DOCS CAME!!!!!!

Oh, ya! Doing the doc dance!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Bananaman is joining in the party!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Guess we are really going now!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats Beth! Isn't it so nice to find something other then bills in the mail! Mickey sent me something good!

Congrats Beth! Isn't it so nice to find something other then bills in the mail! Mickey sent me something good!

Yes, it IS! So much better than bills! I am waiting for my Disney Gift cards from SR...and I just can't take the waiting anymore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter