The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dsnylvr8

Dsnylvr8 Mouseketeer

This looks awesome! I saw in the new video, when they showed the castle it said Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey... is that going to be a ride in the castle?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Basically, yes, the queue is in the castle-ish

4. Dsnylvr8

Dsnylvr8 Mouseketeer

Cool! Thanks!! Can't wait! Anyone have a good idea when they might release an official date of opening? I want to plan a Nov. Trip, but want to wait for a confirmation just in case

5. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

WWOHP is contractually obligated to open by June 30, unless something changes. Universal is saying Spring 2010. There has been no specific opening date announced. November should be very safe.

6. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

Sure hopeing it opens before that.After the mud in the face US got on RRR3 I hope they hold to the early spring opening for Potter Harry....
    I know 1/2 of June is still spring,but they need to get this up and running ASAP.The ticket pricing can really put mud on them and Disney will love it if they don't!

7. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

8. Dznefreek

Dznefreek DIS Veteran

The castle is really just a show piece for the much, much larger ride building. You won't actually go "inside' the castle you see atop the building. You will enter underneath it.

9. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Right...like The Haunted Mansion at the MK.

10. Rags

Rags DIS Veteran

I hope it is open Memorial Day weekend! However, if it isn't just gives me another excuse to plan a trip!!! WOO HOO!!!

11. ChrisFL

Yep, perfect analogy

12. Poly-Anna

Poly-Anna Mouseketeer

I'm shooting for HP being open for Memorial Day weekend also. We hope to go back to Orlando for October also, but I'm hoping it'll be open for our May trip. Still waiting to hear... :wizard:

13. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom <font color=magenta>Now if only I could think of s

I hope it opens before then, too. We are booked for late July, but I think it is in Universal's best interests to open before the summer season gears up. I hope they open by Memorial Day so everyone can enjoy it this summer.

14. samples78

samples78 Mouseketeer

I remember reading a few days ago that you are going to be able to see/walk through the great hall, gryffindor common room, etc.. Will these not be in the castle with the ride in the mountain? If not, where else will these be located? I guess I was assuming that you would get to go through parts of the castle, either as part of the queue (leaving or entering the ride), or as a separate feature reminiscent of the Swiss Family Robinson tree house (only similarity being the ability to tour and look at the features described in the book/movie). Am I way off track here?

15. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of King_K, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

16. Thumper_Man

Thumper_Man DDC 684

I think it would be so cool to go into the castle. Oh well. Still looks awesome.

17. damo

damo Proud Redhead

It will seem like you are in the castle when you walk through the queue but you won't actually be.

18. ChrisFL

Right, just like the Haunted Mansion, you're never really IN the mansion you see outside, but it feels like you are.

The only real difference is you won't be able to look outside over the park.

19. Dsnylvr8

Dsnylvr8 Mouseketeer

I am so happy i found this thread.. i like looking at all of the pics you guys posted. I am so excited for WWOHP i could die! lol. :banana::banana:

20. Dznefreek

Dznefreek DIS Veteran

These are all located in the show building. . . .don't worry you will see them. I believe the only thing inside any of the castle structure is the metal skeleton that supports it all. I am sure there will be show lighting as well . . .

21. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.