Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Mookie said:
IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

Can we all expect an actual specific opening date to be revealed during the Superbowl commercial or do we think it will be nonspecific and say "spring 2010"? From everything I've been reading here I know early April is unlikely - but until I hear something official I can still hope....

Can we all expect an actual specific opening date to be revealed during the Superbowl commercial or do we think it will be nonspecific and say "spring 2010"? From everything I've been reading here I know early April is unlikely - but until I hear something official I can still hope....
I think after the whole HRRR thing I would think they would be very careful on a certain opening date unless they def on when it will be finished

You know those dates are still blocked off for hotel bookings. Seems mighty odd unless something were going to happen that week... :confused3

Does anyone think the new ride could be similar Soarin????? Looking at the two kids on those broomsticks makes me wonder.
Not sure...Universal hasn't released a whole lot of information about it. I hope it's not too intense so I can ride it.

I don't have any inside knowledge and I'm not as experienced as most of the posters on this board, but I would not be surprised if that May 17 to 22 period was actually the Grand Opening of Harry Potter. I would not rule out a soft opening beforehand. Just from my point of view, Summer begins unofficially with Memorial Day which is the week after. If I expected something to be open in the Spring, it would be prior to Memorial Day. The June 30 deadline in the contract notwithstanding. Just my two cents.

This reminds me of a flying ride that Universal was going to build in Jurassic Park, the "Helicop-tours" ride. Maybe whatever technology they were going to use with that ride, they're using for this instead? :confused3

The pic released is pretty shocking to me as I don't recall hearing anything about a ride like that.

So, we have never been to Universal or IoA before (our DDs are now 7 and 1 and we have stayed with the tot stuff more) but this August we will go to WDW with my BIL and two of his kids, DS10 and DD8. HP might appeal to them but I am not sure there is anything for DD1 - or it would just be a hard day if we dragged her along. Perhaps if they are interested, I should stay behind with the baby. Just wondering

I don't follow US too closely - what was the HRRR fiasco that people keep referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter