The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a hude harry potter fan so if i go in 2011 hopfully will have a chance to visit. Heard theres going to be a rollercoaster similar to dueling dragons, and smaller rollercoaster based on buckbeak? and Hogsmeade sounds great aswell. Finally get to try out Bertie Botts beans, chocolate frogs and butterbeer yay. Sorry if this has already been mentioned x

Courtesy of Drew, Orlando United

Drew said:
Brian is live at Islands of Adventure and just sent in these photos... Hogwarts is definitely taking shape.

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

im a hude harry potter fan so if i go in 2011 hopfully will have a chance to visit. Heard theres going to be a rollercoaster similar to dueling dragons, and smaller rollercoaster based on buckbeak? and Hogsmeade sounds great aswell. Finally get to try out Bertie Botts beans, chocolate frogs and butterbeer yay. Sorry if this has already been mentioned x

You heard right about those two coasters :) The roller coaster you heard about is actually "Dueling Dragons", not just similar, they are re-themeing it and re-naming it "Dragon's Challenge", and the smaller coaster will be a re-themed/named "Flight of the Unicorn", named "Flight of the Hipogriff". There will also be a indoor ride through hogwarts :thumbsup2

This weekend Kansas City Star (paper) had a section in arts and entertainment that had standard pic of WWHP and some quotes from universal's announcement. Kinda cool!

I haven't been to Universal or IOA before, but plan on going sometime next year after Harry Potter opens and the pictures are great, I am so excited.

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United / Orlando Rocks

BJCool said:
MAIN TOWER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

Hey Guys, so now OrlandoRocks.com can have the WORLD'S claim to fame as the first site to post the newly installed......but baby blue/not yet ?finished?:shrug:...***.....main tower of Hogwarts we've all been waiting to see added to the site. Without any further ado, here ya go:

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(9).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(8).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(7).JPG

Hey, some work being done on the cutouts I first mentioned.:P
ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(6).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(5).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(4).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(3).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(27).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(26).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(25).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(24).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(23).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(22).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(21).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(20).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(2).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(19).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(18).JPG

The Brick wall thing
ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(17).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(15).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(14).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(12).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(11).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(10).JPG

ioa_harry_potter_10_3_2009%20(1).JPG

Courtesy of Krusty the Clown, BJCool, Orlando United

Krusty the Clown said:
But all jokes aside, a ride is going to go through Hogwarts castle correct?

BJCool said:
Well, sort of. It has been official since the September media release that the E-ticket attraction will be a Potter themed dark ride called "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" and will be housed within the show building behind what is only a facade of Hogwarts castle. But, it is assumed the facade will give the allusion the ride takes you through the entrance, hallways, dungeons, and many bowels of the castle.:thumbs:

Concept art:
POTTER.gif

OK you'll have to forgive me for not having the time to wade through the pages of this thread tonight, but any idea of when the opening of this land will be? I'm there next April and am thinking that's far too early to expect to experience any of it (based on the opening of RRR for one!)...?

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United

BJCool said:
Here's a clearer and wider shot courtesy of Parksleuth.com showing that a far right wall has definitely been added. Only time will tell if the entire Hogwarts facade will be finished by November at the rate they are going! :happy:

Hogwarts%2010%205%2009%20Park%20Sleuth.png

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

orlandobuff901 said:
What else to say.......
:happy:YAY:happy:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

oh....and I thought that the largest tower was the astronomy tower from the books and the movies?

Felipe said:
From the books, I thought so too. From the movies and the theme park apparently not. It hasen't been put on yet, so we shall see, but from concept art it does appear that the Gryffindor Tower has the highest point in Hogwarts.

I believe that the Astronomy Tower is what is attached to the clock tower and it faces the big courtyard on the right side of the castle. It's the one with the "Hogwarts Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" banner here:

the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-theme-park.bmp

the tall tower by the wing of the hog on the right side:

wizarding-world01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter