The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think anyone is right for assuming anything at this point. It's going to be a KukaRobo Coaster, but as was said in the conference, it's far from a coaster. There was no mention on whether or not it is going to be 3d, or just simulator screens or what. I think, personally, it will be worth seeing at least once. But I would wait until either later in the summer, or early fall. Definately do not do it the first couple of weeks it's open. The rumor is that they just ordered 100 oil lamps for the attraction....just for the attraction, not the land. There were photos of giant stone snake heads. I'm thinking this will be a big mix of existing technology in ways that we have never seen. Musion maybe?
I'm one of the biggest critics of this project because they destroyed my lost continent. I loved that whole area, but I am very excited to see this world come to life. I think everyone should be...even if you're a disney fan.
I was invited to the webcast as well...here's my take on it.

Yaytez, at LC they did keep the broken statue, Mythos and Poisiedens Fury? Correct? I haven't been since construction started for HP.

I hope the ride is something like a cross between spider man and Mummy, mixing in 3-d with real sets and props and animatronics.

The cast did a lot of filming for the ride so there definitely will be that as well. Add a coaster that doesn't move on a track but moves in the air, great animatronics and great sets and props and how can you fail?

So what's the bottom line?

I got the scoop on the 3 rides (1 new, 2 refurb)

But what's the total on the restaurants and shops? And do we know if they'll be counterservice only, or sit down restaurant like Mythos too? Etc., THanks.

So what's the bottom line?

I got the scoop on the 3 rides (1 new, 2 refurb)

But what's the total on the restaurants and shops? And do we know if they'll be counterservice only, or sit down restaurant like Mythos too? Etc., THanks.

Seems like I read an interview with the executive chef for Mythos last year and he hinted that there would be a table service restaurant there as well.

Can't remember for sure, though.

We were going to do a WDW and Universal split trip next summer like usual but after reading the recent press release and photos, we are thinking of a US only trip for 5 nights around July 4th. DH and DS are really psyched! I sure hope it is open by July 4th because I was very disappointed that HR3 was not open for our trip this past July 4th.

I've already booked for Jersey Week (first week in Nov.) 2010 so I'm a very happy HP Fan!!! It's part of my big birthday present.

Our whole family is excited about just immersing ourselves into Hogsmead - the rides are just icing on the cake.

I've already booked for Jersey Week (first week in Nov.) 2010 so I'm a very happy HP Fan!!! It's part of my big birthday present.

Our whole family is excited about just immersing ourselves into Hogsmead - the rides are just icing on the cake.

I hope 2010's Jersey Week is like last years. I was there, and IOA and US were absolutely empty!!! I rod everything twice, some things even three times, two days in a row. Hopefully not too many people will be there and you'll enjoy it.

I'll be working at Epcot starting on june, so ill be there when it opens. Im very excited! :D

We're planning on a 2 week trip over Christmas, 2010. I can't wait to spend a couple days at Universal dedicated to Harry Potter!! :woohoo:

excuse if this was answered...

but I thought when this was announced , there was to be TWO "E" ticket rides in harry potter land.:confused3

there was all this discussion of where the 2nd might go ( replacing sinbad , where it shows the train sticking out ,etc, ) is this all there is now? the castle, & refurbished dragon & unicorn?

bummer........

On Hagrid's Hut

Courtesy of Felipe, Krusty the Clown and BJCool, Orlando United

Felipe said:
It would DFINITELY be nice to walk through Hagrid's Hut, but it hasn't been certain if we'll be able to yet. I really hope so! :)

Krusty the Clown said:
That would all be nice, but what exactly would be inside of Hagrid's Hut? :confused3

Felipe said:
Huge furniture, a table with huge cups and plates, the fire roaring with a cauldron holding a rattling dragon's egg inside :D, then in the corner maybe a basket with a hidden creature inside, that can move and make noises... Idk, there's a lot of interesting things that could be done with it, lots of photo ops too! :goodvibes

BJCool said:
Screen capture from Sorcerer's Stone:
14ss15.jpg

Screen capture from Order of the Phoenix
high11.jpg

And here is a walk-through set up at the Harry Potter Exhibition at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry
hagrids-hut.jpg

Courtesy of Kechupp, Orlando United

Kechupp said:
When looking at the recently released design map of the WWoHP, does anyone think the tree located at the enterance to Hogwarts looks to the Whomping Willow?

map.jpg

Could it be that we will see the Whomping Willow make an appearance in the WWoHP?

It is interesting to note that the tree does not appear in the fly over video found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjnmhivaItU

Those are GREAT pictures! Thanks! The station is really looking fabulous.

Hope its ok to join in here, I am so so so excited about this :)

We will hopefully get to go in 2011 , as I want to wait until our little man ia a bit older.

Amazing pictures and videos , thanks to all who have posted :thumbsup2

Super pics, thanks for sharing............can`t wait to get back to see this :thumbsup2

We're considering a trip next summer - but want to wait to plan to see if the WWofHP actually opens. We are all serious HP fans, and I think this could be a really wonderful time.

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

Felipe said:
I went to Universal yesterday for Halloween Horror Nights and on a lot in front of the Universal property I saw the top of the Gryffindor tower! The weird thing is that it was all bare. I thought that they would add the exterior detail before they took it to the park... :shrug: I couldn't take a picture because I forgot my camera, but here's the piece I'm talking about:

IMG_1080.jpg

Im gonna see if I can remember to take my camera next time I go to Universal :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter