The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
im going june 23rd so i hope it is open. If it is ill i have to convince my friends to go to it. Im a Harry potter fan and they like twilight. :sad2:

Thank you so much for the links to youtube -- I was there looking for just this and couldn't find it!

Do you think I am right in assuming that the new ride will be one of those fast rides that some of us can't tolerate? We have motion-sickness, vision issues, and migraines in our family and I'm wondering if it will be worth it for us to go there if we can't ride on the rides...:confused3 I'd almost do it just for the village, but it's a lot of $$$ just for the shops and dining if we have no plans or tickets for universal.

I dont think anyone is right for assuming anything at this point. It's going to be a KukaRobo Coaster, but as was said in the conference, it's far from a coaster. There was no mention on whether or not it is going to be 3d, or just simulator screens or what. I think, personally, it will be worth seeing at least once. But I would wait until either later in the summer, or early fall. Definately do not do it the first couple of weeks it's open. The rumor is that they just ordered 100 oil lamps for the attraction....just for the attraction, not the land. There were photos of giant stone snake heads. I'm thinking this will be a big mix of existing technology in ways that we have never seen. Musion maybe?
I'm one of the biggest critics of this project because they destroyed my lost continent. I loved that whole area, but I am very excited to see this world come to life. I think everyone should be...even if you're a disney fan.
I was invited to the webcast as well...here's my take on it.

Thank you so much for the links to youtube -- I was there looking for just this and couldn't find it!

Do you think I am right in assuming that the new ride will be one of those fast rides that some of us can't tolerate? We have motion-sickness, vision issues, and migraines in our family and I'm wondering if it will be worth it for us to go there if we can't ride on the rides...:confused3 I'd almost do it just for the village, but it's a lot of $$$ just for the shops and dining if we have no plans or tickets for universal.

Remember there is the rest of the park to do. This Wizarding World is part of Islands of Adventure that has 5 other Islands and many, many other rides. When you pay to get into Islands of Adventure you get to go on all the rides in the park. It is like Fantasyland or Frontierland. If you don't like getting wet on Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom, there is still a lot for you to do.

mmmears said:
Blah, blah blah...

I still go to Magic Kingdom even though my kids outgrew the Dumbo ride 15 years ago. Do you really think IOA won't be worth a visit just because you don't like one ride in Harry Potter?

I still go to Magic Kingdom even though my kids outgrew the Dumbo ride 15 years ago. Do you really think IOA won't be worth a visit just because you don't like one ride in Harry Potter?

Where did the blah blah blah come from -- or did you change my words when you quoted?

I have no interest in going to IOA -- the only thing that may draw my family in is Harry Potter.

You sound like that might offend you...:confused3

What was Disney's big announcement this weekend??? We were actually driving home from Disney this weekend and didn't hear anything???
They're closing toontown, radically expanding fantasyland, and revamping star tours at DHS. you can get more info on the theme parks boards.

This has me SO excited - I'm going to look into booking for Jersey Week 2010. Maybe I can make it an early surprise for DS 18th birthday! He's read all the books 4 TIMES!!

And to the issue of there only being 3 attractions, I believe the developers get it - real HP fans will just want to immerse themselves in the fantasy world. At least for me, it's more about shopping for really authentic souveniers and feeling as if you're actually at Hogwarts/Hogsmead!

I hope the new ride will be available to all...I can't ride coasters anymore so I'm very excited about Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I just hope it's not too intense that I can't ride it.

I hope the new ride will be available to all...I can't ride coasters anymore so I'm very excited about Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I just hope it's not too intense that I can't ride it.

Those who can't ride may still want to do the queue. According to IOA Central, the queue will have 8 rooms from Hogwarts.

Hey all, I'm sure you all got this too, but it came into my inbox and I thought I'd post the video link. The beginning is what we've all seen on youtube, etc. but keep watching and after what seems to be the end, there's a full webcast including the Art Director, Show producer, Tom Felton, and there's lots more info. Just in case anybody didn't get it, here it is:
http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/first_look_uo2.html

This has me SO excited - I'm going to look into booking for Jersey Week 2010. Maybe I can make it an early surprise for DS 18th birthday! He's read all the books 4 TIMES!!

And to the issue of there only being 3 attractions, I believe the developers get it - real HP fans will just want to immerse themselves in the fantasy world. At least for me, it's more about shopping for really authentic souveniers and feeling as if you're actually at Hogwarts/Hogsmead!

:thumbsup2

Hey all, I'm sure you all got this too, but it came into my inbox and I thought I'd post the video link. The beginning is what we've all seen on youtube, etc. but keep watching and after what seems to be the end, there's a full webcast including the Art Director, Show producer, Tom Felton, and there's lots more info. Just in case anybody didn't get it, here it is:
http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/first_look_uo2.html

yeah i got the same thing in my inbox

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/index.html?__source=email.hp.flous.9152009

Wow.... I cannot wait for this to open. I am going to Universal for the first time next month.... I will be going back again for this in 2010.

I wonder will this be part of Islands of Adventure... or a separate ticketed area.

Thanks for all the great info.

Wow.... I cannot wait for this to open. I am going to Universal for the first time next month.... I will be going back again for this in 2010.

I wonder will this be part of Islands of Adventure... or a separate ticketed area.

Thanks for all the great info.

It is part of Islands of Adventure. You do not have to pay to get into that area. You pay once to get into the park.

-

PLUS spring 2010 is 5 only months away and still no fixed opening date!!!

I know what you mean. Not that I have much hope that it WILL in fact be open by March 2010 ( when we will be down ), but it sure would be nice to know that for a fact.

I know what you mean. Not that I have much hope that it WILL in fact be open by March 2010 ( when we will be down ), but it sure would be nice to know that for a fact.

Summer officially begins towards the end of June, so them saying Spring gives them quite a bit of leeway. I'd be surprised if it was open by March. We were there a few weeks ago and from what we could see there is still a really, really long way to go.

Summer officially begins towards the end of June, so them saying Spring gives them quite a bit of leeway. I'd be surprised if it was open by March. We were there a few weeks ago and from what we could see there is still a really, really long way to go.

I agree, but I can still hope :goodvibes ....

I'm really hoping if they're confident enough to say "spring" that they may even be ready for some soft openings prior to that... We're going down at the end of April and I keep telling the kids not to be disappointed if it's not open, but I think I'M the one that needs to be reminded of that more than them!;) But, I'm secretly REALLY hoping that it'll be open in April!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter