The What's For Dinner Thread - November '09(recipe index in OP)

Hi Everyone

Nan wanted me to let everyone know she wont be online today. I am working from her house today and she doesnt have wireless :confused3 so I need her network connection.

I am staying at Nan's longer than expected. I kind of fell onto my leg last night and think I reinjured my knee. I was walking on crutches without my brace, and when i was going down the hall i came down on my foot very hard and felt a pop. I was so scared, and almost fainted.

We called the oncall doctor last night and he said he would let my surgeon know but most likely I wouldnt be seen until my appointment on wednesday. So now I am sad and scared, but just working to keep my mind going.

I will make sure Nan pops on later! BYE

Ellen -- I hope Jay is on his way home. Have a great vacation.

Aimee -- I think your menu sounds great. Good luck getting everything done!

What will be, will be. I'm done thinking about it. If the rest of them want to stress, they are more than welcome to - so long as they keep it to themselves!
:thumbsup2

I'm glad you specified what Cherry Bounce is. It sounds like scented fabric softener sheets.
:laughing:

Marilyn -- I'm glad you got the quilt done and your cousin loved it.

My grandmother used to do cherries in Slivovitz which is a serbian plum brandy, she would add to it every christmas. That stuff would knock you off your chair and was a great paint remover. When my uncle and I were cleaning out their house years later we found some of that stuff. We treated it like hazardous waste
:rotfl2: I can't imagine what that would do to your insides if it could remove paint!

Ann -- I'm sorry your family is causing you so much pain and stress.

Maria and Gretchen -- :hug:

Lauren -- I hope you had a good weekend.

We're having leftovers tonight.

Hi Everyone

Nan wanted me to let everyone know she wont be online today. I am working from her house today and she doesnt have wireless :confused3 so I need her network connection.

I am staying at Nan's longer than expected. I kind of fell onto my leg last night and think I reinjured my knee. I was walking on crutches without my brace, and when i was going down the hall i came down on my foot very hard and felt a pop. I was so scared, and almost fainted.

We called the oncall doctor last night and he said he would let my surgeon know but most likely I wouldnt be seen until my appointment on wednesday. So now I am sad and scared, but just working to keep my mind going.

:hug:

Not sure WFD tonight, it is going to be a busy day today. We brought leftovers home from the party and I may just have the rest of them.

Morning y'all,

Ann, I'm sorry about your DB & SIL! Family, can't live with them & can't shove them in the freezer.:hug:

Janice, Y'all threw it out! It was probably just getting good! ;)

Gretchen, I'm glad Kenny enjoys his RB poboys! Hugs & prayers for you dear friend!:hug::flower3:

Marisa, Hopefully you just strained it a bit! Try not to worry & please take it easy! Oh you're with Nan, so I probably don't need to tell you to take it easy. :hug:

Becky, Alexis saw your pic & wanted me to fix scallops for lunch! Don't have any, so I guess I'll be fixing noodles.:laughing:

Muffin, I haven't seen that new place. We'll have to go check it out soon!

I've got a rotten headache. I need to get a move on, the housecleaner comes today & I still have "issues" with the flat surfaces!

Don't know what's for dinner.

Hi Everyone

Marisa, I am so sorry & pray you didn't rehurt yourself. I would of come up today & kept you company. You should have called me last night:hug:

Lauren, glad your home safe & sound.

Ann, I'm sorry about the drama.....

Becky, those scallops are beautiful!!

Gretchen, your very welcome. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you.

Sheryl, dreaming of some Cherry Bounce.

Marilyn, what a wonderful gift you gave:lovestruc

Greg kept waking me up all night, when I did sleep he said I was crying & chatting. I feel bad because he took today of to do 2 papers & I know he's tired.

Hi Everyone

Oh, sweetie! I'm so sorry!!! Try not to stress too much, ok. It may be nothing. Let Nancy take good care of you. You are in my prayers. I hope there's good news on Wednesday!

Greg kept waking me up all night, when I did sleep he said I was crying & chatting. I feel bad because he took today of to do 2 papers & I know he's tired.

That's the stress in your life talking! Don't feel badly about it. It's not like you can control it! I hope you know you are in my prayers as you figure out how to deal with Cameron. I won't say, "don't get your hopes up," as I know from personal experience that that is impossible. I will say that I'm here for you whatever happens. You are in my prayers daily, and I know that the Lord has someone in store for you. I just can't tell you when. Frustrating, I know. Please let me know if you need anything!

I'm happy to report that I only have 2 rooms left to clean! Of course, they are the worst rooms; the office and my bedroom. These are the 2 rooms that become the dumping ground whenever anyone doesn't know where to put something. I'll chip away at both rooms today, and tomorrow, in between making pies, and hopefully, by the time Dad arrives on Wednesday, I won't have to duck my head in shame!

We let the kids have the evening off last night, as they worked so hard. We were going to watch Ice Age 3, but something was wrong with our DVD player, and we couldn't get it to power up. Alan's going to look at it some more before we decide to junk it. I told him to hurry up, because with Black Friday coming up, there are some good deals right now. Anyway, instead of a movie, we had a family Wii night. We did some bowling, and it was a BLAST!!! The kids had so much fun, and we just howled with laughter and some of the things that happened. I love evenings like those! Hopefully, now that we have the basement done, we can enjoy more of them!

Dinner tonight will be tacos, per Jacob's request. He was disappointed that we had hamburgers the other night, so I promised him tacos today. I'm not doing big cooking here until Thursday, so dinners this week will be "interesting." I see some tuna salad or casserole in our future. Of course, we have pie night on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I can get away with simple stuff, as the kids will be more interested in stuffing their faces with pie.

Ann - I'm so sorry that your family is causing you so much grief! I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I don't! Just lots of hugs. I think you are doing the right thing on Thanksgiving, though. I'll be thinking about you and hoping all goes well.

Marilyn - I'm so jealous of your quilting abilities! That's one thing I always wanted to learn, but never did. My best friends daughter is taking a quilting class in college, and she's promised to teach me next summer, so I'll look forward to that.

Bethany - Sounds like your family is causing stress, too. I'm glad you've decided to let them do the stressing. You had more than enough stress last year to last a lifetime!

I've got to drag myself away from the computer and do some cleaning. I'll BBL to do more chatting. Until then, I send you hugs and pixie dust!

Ann - Sorry for all your family issues. I hope Thanksgiving works out for you.

Maria - I'm sorry that you're having a rough few days. :hug: I hope things get better soon.

Marisa - Ouch!! So sorry to hear you fell. I hope its not too serious. Please take care, I know you don't want to go backwards in your recovery.

Liam said he wants steak with lots of ketchup for Thanksgiving. Guess what? He is getting it.
:lmao: good for him! I love steak, but I don't think I could pass on turkey.

Becky -that roast looks yummy!

Glynis - congrats on getting so much done! We've done Wii games on some of our Friday night get-togethers. It really is a bunch of fun!

Ellen - I'm sure I missed you but I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Prayers continuing for Jay's safe arrival.

Gretchen - :hug: praying for an easy week for you.

I dropped a plate today. I only had 8 dinner size plates, now 7. Still enough. I have enough silverware. What I realized I DON'T have is 8 nice glasses. I think we'll be using what a friend of mine refers to as "New Orleans Fine China" for Thanksgiving! :rotfl: :lmao:

You break plates, I break glasses. We only have plastic ones in the house, because I'm forever breaking them. Even at friends houses, I'm not allowed to use glass. Only plastic.
Except for the wine glasses, for some reason I don't break those. :confused3 :rolleyes1 :lmao:

The weather here this weekend was rainy, gray and just plain dreary. So I didn’t get accomplished half of what I should. Still a bit of cleaning to do inside, but we also need to clean the front entryway and the back patio. Bob was gonna pressure wash everything, but I’d be happy to just get it swept up.

Dinner this week will be coming from the freezer. I think tonight we're doing red beans and rice.

I was awake last night too. Had a bad night :sad1:, more DB hurt. Found out there was a birthday party for my DN, and I was not included on the VIP guest list. (I always use to be included in prior years) Everytime this happens it really get me so upset. I am questioning if I can handle Thanksgiving. Just some background, DSIL was my maid of honor at my first wedding. I knew her before DB. I just feel like the only reason we are included in holidays at their house is because of my parents. They have a friend who makes my skin crawl and I feel like she and her family have taken my place.

Ann I'm so sorry :hug:

Hello! You guys have been so chatty!

Saturday dinner was seafood fra diavlo with scallops, clams, squid, haddock, and mahi mahi. I did not take a picture of the finished dish, unfortunately. Here are the seared scallops:

4126533116_af434d3360.jpg

Yesterday I made a 7-lb rib roast...which was supposed to be served to my inlaws but they cancelled because my MIL had a cold. So I brought my roast to my Mom's, and we had my roast alongside her roast! Needless to say there are lots of leftovers.

4126533412_4657e22d09.jpg

Here's a baked potato with sour cream and bacon:

4126533206_2e8456729e.jpg

and some peanut butter chocolate cookies that I baked for the guys in the IT department that always help me with presentations. I need to bring them over there before I eat them all:

4126533318_6db7876922.jpg

Not sure wfd yet!

Oh my mouth is watering wish my food looked like that. :worship:

Hi Everyone

Marisa praying everything is ok and you get good news Wed.

Nancy we will miss you.

Well I'm kinda glued to my chair. As some may know from FB my little Lizzy (my yorkie baby) had her teeth cleaned and lost or had to pull 4 of them she'll sit on my lap moaning and if I get up she tries to follow me and falls cause she is still groogy.

What will be, will be. I'm done thinking about it. If the rest of them want to stress, they are more than welcome to - so long as they keep it to themselves!

Ooh, yeah, I bet this time of year is more difficult for them to travel so far in that climate. I hope they can figure out what they are doing and leave you out of the drama :laughing:

I dropped a plate today. I only had 8 dinner size plates, now 7. Still enough. I have enough silverware. What I realized I DON'T have is 8 nice glasses. I think we'll be using what a friend of mine refers to as "New Orleans Fine China" for Thanksgiving! :rotfl: :lmao:

When I was hosting parties awhile back, I had to borrow enough dishes :laughing:

Aimee, try o.j when you make the cranberries. Easy but gives it a really great taste.

Thanks for the tip!

I was awake last night too. Had a bad night :sad1:, more DB hurt. Found out there was a birthday party for my DN, and I was not included on the VIP guest list. (I always use to be included in prior years) Everytime this happens it really get me so upset. I am questioning if I can handle Thanksgiving. Just some background, DSIL was my maid of honor at my first wedding. I knew her before DB. I just feel like the only reason we are included in holidays at their house is because of my parents. They have a friend who makes my skin crawl and I feel like she and her family have taken my place.

Augh, I am so sorry. How incredibly hurtful :sad1:

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope you didn't do any major damage. :hug:

Well I'm kinda glued to my chair. As some may know from FB my little Lizzy (my yorkie baby) had her teeth cleaned and lost or had to pull 4 of them she'll sit on my lap moaning and if I get up she tries to follow me and falls cause she is still groogy.

Poor Lizzy!!

I need help! I have been to three stores and so far, no one has fennel. It's for a stuffing recipe. What could substitute? It's sausage and fennel stuffing. I have never used fennel and can't really figure out what else might work in it's place.

We are eating leftovers tonight. Just getting some Christmas decor up at work today has wiped me out. :sad2:

Hi All! I am on Marisa laptop and am laptop challenged. I read back but cannot remember all I want to say, I lost it all once already

Bethany- tell your folks you will be ready when they get to you and to have a safe flight. Then let it go....you have enought to worry aboout without getting all upset over plans you have no control over.

Maria- hugs to you, I cannot imagine what you are going through. Call me if you need me, I am always near my cell if I am not home

Glynis- slow down WOman!!!!!!!!!!! Your dad is not going to look at your little messes so don't get worn out. You need to be rested to enjoy his visit!
Laura- Go Liam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steak would make Buddy happy too!

Ann-That is so hurtful. I am so sorry

DInner is leftovers. I am noit cooking until my fridge is empty. Hopefully I won't need to until Thanksgiving!

Vickie- hope tomorrow is better

SHeryl and Janice- I love those old recipes. Buddy's mom makes a Lithuanian Liquer with whisky and cherries adn oranges. I make it somethimes for Thanksgiving or Christmas and it is wiccked good! Wicked strong!

Just a quick check in, hope everyone is well.

I think the martha stewart magazine had a recipe for cranberry vodka, it looked really good but vodka doesn't sit well in my tummy. I think I might make if for my dad for christmas. I'll post the recipe for all of you enjoying your flavored drinks when I have more time. I think it needs to set for three weeks. I just like my scotch neat, but the other drinks look so pretty.

Laura- If Caili doesn't have The Daring Book for Girls, that would be a great present, I really think she would like it. There is also The Dangerous Book for Boys, they are really great books. My daughter also loves the microscope she got last year. She also loves Warriors books, I think they are about wild cats.

Lauren- Glad you got to see your hole, it must be so exciting.

Aimee- You might not like my opinion, but I say skip the fennel. That's odd you can't find it though, I think in our stores it's near the potatoes. I hate it so I never really look for it. I don't really now what a good substitue would be, sorry.

Becky- Your scallops look so good, I haven't had any yet but I've heard it's a good year. My dad went out shellfishing this morning and got some oysters for thanksgiving, I can't wait.

Hope marisa is feeling better.

Off to get dinner out of the oven, baked ziti. See you all around.

Hey,

I obviously dont usually celebrate Thanksgiving but I damn tootin gonnae buy me a turkey thursday......because Im thankful.

Menus big enough to feed half of Scotland....Painting whole rooms....Cleaning like cleaning had just been invented...family drivin youse to distraction !!

Yes my fine lassie's Im Thankful...... THANKFUL WE DINNAE DAE THANKSGIVING !!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

But to all youse with stresses I do hope you get every thing sorted and get to enjoy your holidays...xx

Hey,

I obviously dont usually celebrate Thanksgiving but I damn tootin gonnae buy me a turkey thursday......because Im thankful.

Menus big enough to feed half of Scotland....Painting whole rooms....Cleaning like cleaning had just been invented...family drivin youse to distraction !!

Yes my fine lassie's Im Thankful...... THANKFUL WE DINNAE DAE THANKSGIVING !!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

But to all youse with stresses I do hope you get every thing sorted and get to enjoy your holidays...xx

Love that your having THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Greg is talking to Mike who is Cameron's Dad so the saga continues.

Hi girls,

Just wanted to post and let you know I am here.

I have alot to read and catch up on. Prayers and hugs to all of you!

Gretchen,Maria & Kathy, sending out extra hugs and love over the holiday.

Marisa, :sick: sending well wishes your way. You poor thing.

Vickie, you make me :goodvibes...glad you are having a turkey right along with us! Sending good thoughts over the water to you and yours!

Today, I did some needed closet cleaning. We have Big Sisters in the neighborhood Wednesday picking up. It gave me good reason to pitch.

DInner is leftovers. I am noit cooking until my fridge is empty. Hopefully I won't need to until Thanksgiving!

I told DH plan on sandwiches and freezer items for our pregame to Thanksgiving then leftovers till you are sick of them. 17lb bird for 5 adults and 2 toddlers...certainly planning on leftovers.

Just jumping in to let y'all know I'm still alive--barely keeping my eyes above water around here. 16 mile run and both kids' birthday parties this past weekend. And now I'm hosting MNF tonight and then we're leaving for MN before dawn on Wednesday. It just never ends! Luckily I found the link to the new thread before I got completely lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter