• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Hey! I came to catch up and think I am just too tired. My eyes are getting pretty heavy. I will try my best.

Ann, How many weeks are you now? You are getting very close!!! :goodvibes I need to get you these diapers...I will get a box tomorrow.

Sheryl, Poor Alexis! You need to take care of yourself...I hope you do not get Strep.

Lauri, Glad to see you posting more! :hug: Prayers that you feel better each day.

Ellen, :hug::hug::hug:

Maria, Where was brunch? and the ice cream place...in Bergen Co? I was there yesterday. My sister lives in Dumont. The navigation system took us a different way this time and we wound up on Route 4. Boy has that changed!

Stephanie, The wedding sounds great! I may have to crash it. I am only about an hour away...Have fun!

OK, I think that is about it for now...sending one of these to everyone...:hug:

Thank you for thinking of my Mom. I think my sister needs prayers more than anything!!! ;):lmao:

Have a great night!

Maria, Where was brunch? and the ice cream place...in Bergen Co? I was there yesterday. My sister lives in Dumont. The navigation system took us a different way this time and we wound up on Route 4. Boy has that changed!
Have a great night!

They both were on Long Island, the ice cream place was called the Ice Hole (I think). Where is your Mom? Is she close? Sorry if I missed that....Close to agreeing to F&W?;)

Sheryl, I can't believe everything that's going on! Please feel better & know I'm praying for all of you:hug:

I'm using my new MACBook, loving it!
Dinner tonight was parmesan crusted pork cutlet & salad.

Night Night x

Nighty, Night. Sleep tight...don't let the bed bugs bite!

They both were on Long Island, the ice cream place was called the Ice Hole (I think). Where is your Mom? Is she close? Sorry if I missed that....Close to agreeing to F&W?;)

Thanks! I was hoping that ice cream place was close to me...

Mom went to live with my sister Jane in Lincoln Park. I am not sure about F&W...but you guys are making it so inviting!!!

How is your troop (and you) holding up?

Jeez, now I want a soft vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles!

Which reminds me...Aimee, Good luck on WW!!! I think I may need to join as well.

Thanks! I was hoping that ice cream place was close to me...

Mom went to live with my sister Jane in Lincoln Park. I am not sure about F&W...but you guys are making it so inviting!!!
How is your troop (and you) holding up?
Jeez, now I want a soft vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles!
If they need anything dropped off or picked up let me know.....I know you have your boys & I would be happy to lend a hand.
I was thinking about Kohr's tonight, the ice cream on the Boardwalk!!

We're holding up, thanks for asking Lauren.

Tonight was supposed to be Scott's monthly Geek meeting but he's got jury duty. :snooty: Either way, it's pizza for us tonight.

Geez Kat - give me a heart attack, will ya? BTW weren't you and Sheryl looking for something called Sauterne? I saw some at Rouse's this weekend and couldn't remember if that was what you were looking for and which board it was posted on.

Lauri

I just saw this post and said, "WHAT?!?!" I was relieved to see my Rosa isn't going anywhere. :faint:

Good afternoon everyone,

I have read back but can't remember a thing. I am barely holding it together today.

I really missed my Mom yesterday. Mother's Day is really hard. My thoughts were with you all.

Jay leaves tomorrow. I "HATE" goodbyes and this one will be wicked hard. I know there isn't anything I can do to change it, but my heart just breaks for my DD Elizabeth and GB Ethan. I just hate to see them hurt and my own heart is breaking also. So I really need to get it together before tomorrow. I guess I am just having a bit of a pity party. Sorry :sad1:

Welcome back Lindsay :hug: We have all been where you are. It takes a lot to say we are guilty.

Many prayers with all of the Moms that need our extra thoughts.

Good thought to the rest of you. I promise I will get better - today is just not the day.

:grouphug: to you all!!

My thoughts are with you and everyone else who missed their mother this year :sad1:

I've decided to start Weight Watchers - I found a group that meets on Tues and Thurs near my work on the lunchhour. I am going tomorrow for my initial meeting. So, in honor of my potential weight loss journey, I gorged at a chinese buffet for lunch and will have mongolian BBQ for dinner :laughing:
I have yet to hear a bad thing about WW programs. Good luck with it!

Good Morning! So far so Sunny this morning!

Kat- my Aunt loved Steven Segal! She would watch his movies any time that they were on.

My sandwich shop would not give me a sandwich yesterday. I was :mad:

What???????

Dinner was good last night, either that or I was starving ;)

I have some ground turkey I want to use tonight, either that or leftovers.

Good Morning!

Tonight we are having ham and broccoli casserole using the leftover ham from Sunday. This is a recipe from our family cook book...I love it and it is so easy. I already made it since it has to sit (it has eggs in it).

The ham from the butcher was so good. Not as salty as the store bought ones.

If they need anything dropped off or picked up let me know.....I know you have your boys & I would be happy to lend a hand.
I was thinking about Kohr's tonight, the ice cream on the Boardwalk!!

We're holding up, thanks for asking Lauren.

Thank you Maria! I had a cone from Kohr's when we went to Point Pleasant. I love the orange vanilla!!!

Glad everyone is holding up!

Stephanie, That Inn looks beautiful! Have a wonderful time...the weather is supposed to be great. I loved seeing your pics of the parade for Kris!

Speaking of reality TV. Does anyone watch Biggest Loser? I do not but my cousin's babysitter could be on the show next time based on votes from tonight. If you watch and if you vote, please vote for Amanda.

OK, gotta run. I am trying really hard to get on a schedule and this house in order. I need to run a few errands today. Tommy Boy needs some clothes and a new Children's Place just opened!!!

Have a great day!

Good morning!

I am sorry, I did not get to read back and catch up yet on this thread or do the photos. I will try tonight.

I am working on an apartment application and an insane amount of paperwork for my job. I don't want to fall behind with my friends here though!

The corner store was open and they let me but soda, but when we wanted food, they said they were closed. We had no food in the house, so we did not get dinner on Sunday night.

Have a great day everybody!

I've decided to start Weight Watchers - I found a group that meets on Tues and Thurs near my work on the lunchhour. I am going tomorrow for my initial meeting. So, in honor of my potential weight loss journey, I gorged at a chinese buffet for lunch and will have mongolian BBQ for dinner :laughing:

I am so happy you are joining! I have to get on track a little better, but that is OK. I will just keep trecking on.

I really missed my Mom yesterday. Mother's Day is really hard. My thoughts were with you all.

:hug:

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. Alan finally was able to get my computer looked at, and the upshot isn't good. This place couldn't figure out the problem, and told him it would take 400 dollars to send it away to diagnose the problem, then more to fix it. So, we decided to stick with this computer for the time being, as frustrating as it is, until we've saved up enough money to buy a new laptop for me. I'm hoping it will be my Christmas present.

I am lucky that Jeff works on computers because my cousin brought her laptop to a repair shop because it was acting up. They told her it was $80.00 just to take it and look at it. She decided to ask Jeff. He opened it up and there was alot of dust and dog hair caught in the fan. He used a $2.00 can of compressed air and viola it works fine. I can honestly say he didnt pay $400.00 for his super fast widescreen laptop. He finds great sales and buys it then. His last one was 250 plus the warranty. If you want him to keep his eye out for a great sale, I will have him do that. I can guarantee you wont spend $400 on a brand new one.

NOT COOL! I couldnt even imagine them telling me no sandwich. I am a big girl, and I can be scary when I am hungry:rolleyes:

So I also forgot to post about dinner.

Last night I made something quick because we had dance class. We had Kielbasa burgers on the grill with corn on the cob and rice pilaf. Tonight is TACOS!! I love tacos, and so does Kady. So we are both excited for them. It is also quick and easy and we have dance class again tonight.

Morning all! WFD tonight is MYO pizzas for the kidlets. I have to work so it's up to my mom. I've got to get moving. I'm going with the kids on a field trip today, so I actually have to shower before getting them ready for school ;)

Lauren--Love me some Children's Place! Hope you find some good deals! I wish I could vote tonight for Biggest loser. We love that show too. Since I work every Tues. night, I'm breakin' the rules as it is trying to vote for Kris. How late can I vote? Can I do it online?

Aimmee--good luck with WW. I did WW online after DD was born--just couldn't shake the weight. And it worked! I was amazed. My aunt lost so much weight with WW that her meeting asked her to be a leader.

Ann, How many weeks are you now? You are getting very close!!! :goodvibes I need to get you these diapers...I will get a box tomorrow.

Your are keeping your eyes open pretty well for a busy new Mom.
I am 34 weeks. It is going so quick, and I feel like I still have so much to do!:scared1:
My heart goes out to your sister, I know she needs prayers and patience. We had both of my grandmothers living with us at one time. Picture 11 of us around the dinner table and my parents sleeping on a pullout sofa for years. I do think my parents are saints, I don't know how they did it. But the stories we have and all laugh about when we get together.

Have fun shopping at Childrens Place. They have such cute things. I love Gymboree too...both places are very dangerous for me!
You should! Here's where we'll be
http://www.sweetwaterfarmbb.com/
And Chaddsford Winery for drinks Friday afternoon

Stephanie, that B&B looks amazing. Right up my alley. You and the kids are going to have a ball.

Thanks everyone I've always loved reading this thread and know how great the women are on here THE BEST! Thanks Lauri

Lauri, glad to have you join our group when you are up to it.
My DM has had to have both hips replaced at diff. times. Not an easy or fun recovery. Keep reading and join in:flower3:

I am picturing a sandwich Nazi, like in Seinfeld...No sandwich for you!:rotfl:

Last night I made something quick because we had dance class. We had Kielbasa burgers on the grill with corn on the cob and rice pilaf. Tonight is TACOS!! I love tacos, and so does Kady. So we are both excited for them. It is also quick and easy and we have dance class again tonight.

I have never heard of Kielbasa burgers, YUM! Enjoy those tacos...now you have me craving them.

Aimee, goodluck with WW. All your running around should balance out any exercise. I wish you well on reaching your goal.

WFD- I have some ribs which I am going to grill. I put the dry rub on them yesterday to soak in. Not sure what the sides are going to be, maybe baked beans and corn.

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful day here! Sunny and warm! Can't wait to get out and about today!

Lindsay - It was great to log on and see your typeface again!

Lauren - Enjoy the Children's Place. I always get into financial trouble when I go there!

Ann - Your last few weeks are going to fly by! Enjoy the time you have with your son, because it's all about to change!

Bethany - I can't imagine a store not selling you food! I'm with Nancy, there would have been a major tantrum!

Lauri - I'm glad you are feeling well enough to post some these days! Keep on healing!

Dinner tonight will be tacos! I planned that before I read the thread this morning, so I'm now pleased to be among the popular that are going with Tacos! Yeah, Marisa!!!! They are nothing fancy, but the kids eat them, and I can make a taco salad and do away with the carbs!

I need to ask for some prayers, if you guys don't mind. My dear friend called last night. Her DIL went into labor the night before Mother's Day. She was 28 weeks pregnant. They tried to stop the labor but couldn't, and little Claire was born in the early hours of Mother's Day. She weighs almost 2 pounds and is breathing on her own, so far. However, many things could go wrong, and they are all worried. Any prayers or good thoughts you could spare would be welcome!

Make it a great day, everyone!

DisneyRon- Thanks for the kind words. I am sure I'll have to have the other one done hopefully I can wait a few years. I'm only 45 this artheritis is baadd stuff.
Thanks everyone for all the kind words.
WFD Chicken pot pie homemade bread and strawberrys.
Glynis- Prayers that little one pulls though strong and health.

Morning everyone, the sun is still shining here!

Glynis/Ann- I think if I had a little boy I'd be in lot's of trouble at the children's place. Fortunatly, I don't usually care for the girls clothing, it's a little to colorful for me. My daughter does love their jeans though. I am usually able to find something for my nephew, they really do have cute baby boy clothes.

Glynis- Do your kids get out of school soon? You must be counting down the days. Thinking of little Claire and her family.

Stephanie- Have fun on the field trip!

So am I the only one that really wants a soft serve cone now?

I have a lot to do today, so I should really go get that done. I'm going to try a chicken in the pressure cooker for dinner I think. I'm not sure if it will thaw in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter