The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

I keep saying I'm going to cook, but meals have been so boring lately. Chicken something almost every day. But most of my problem is the heat wave we have had. Not do much the heat, but the humidity! I have turned into a cranky witch.

David and I have cooked every night, it is just normal stuff nothing amazing

Last night we grilled a pork loin, roasted some cabbage, and baked a sweet potato.

I've been rather remiss with dinner lately. Lots of boring meals. Maybe I'll do better for the rest of the year.

Brandi- you are right :thumbsup2 So brand new day!

Today I am going with Buddy's cousin to her SSDI hearing. I have no idea how this is going to go, she is a cluster. She never completed the 8th grade, and has never had a stunning work ethic. She had back surgery a few years ago, and refused to follow the Dr instructions, would not go to physical therapy...the whole thing. Long story short, she is a mess. I love her dearly, and while I really have issues about the whole SSDI thing for people like her, I cannot see any other options. She cannot be retrained to do anything. I don't know if the meds she is taking are interfering with her long and short term memory, but she has none of either. It is a long story, and Marisa is done, as is just about everyone else, but I cannot just walk away. She lives with her sister, and that poor woman is at teh end of her rope. These girls have been under Buddy's wing forever and even he is :confused3 with what to do. I remember when I first met Buddy, and his family would not accept me or the kids. This family was different. They welcomed me and the kids, and loved them unconditionally. So.............wish her luck today. She really is going to need it. I cannot go in with her, but I am going to talk to her Lawyer again, and will wait with her so she is not alone. I really wish I could speak for her, but I cannot.

last night for dinner we had Lemon Dill Chicken, salad and whole wheat pasta.

Tonight is a baseball game... Baltimore Orioles vs. Texas Rangers...
So hotdog for sure.

I don't think it went well. It went LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not go in with her, and from what teh lawyer said, her testimony did her no favors. She did not want the judge to think all she did was sit all day, so she told him she walked four times a day. She told him she cleans, but it takes her a long time, that she can shop, but not for too long, and cooks light meals. Problem is that she does not walk, she barely cleans, she almost never cooks, and had not been out of the house in almost a week. She sleeps most of the day. She also said things changed for her in 2011, after the surgery. He was trying to go back to 2009, when she went to heck in a handbasket. There was a vocationalist who kept finding things he thought that she could do, the judge would hear a restriction, make an adjustment, and teh vocationalist went back in for more.

She never even entered high school, cannot remember what she did an hour ago, gives up before she starts, is paranoid, and does not play well with others. No one is going to hire her, and if they did, coupled with all of her restrictions, which were a mile long, she would not last a week. The lawyer said if they agreed to go back to 201, he would have told her to take it, but the judge did not, so she needs to wait up to two months.

The embellishments are part of her. Marisa says she lies, but I think she has so many blank spaces now, her mind fills them in. Then she has a memory for a while, but she does not remember an hour later, so she fills something else in. It is emotionally exhausting for everyone, but I don't know the answer. The bottom line is that she is really disabled, but not necessarily in the way the judge was looking at it. I would think that foot thick paperwork from doctors would have given him a hint.

So I think Buddy is getting leftover Micky D's tonight. I am peevish with him, and have leftover Mcdoubles. I think that is dinner tonight :coffee:

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the judge will understand that she is mentally not all there either, and should be documented in her paperwork. Will her lawyer fight a decision that is not in her behavior.

That's really a tough situation Nancy. What is the goal here? Does she live alone in that state? That's really dangerous, but I can understand that no one wants to see her live in a SNF.

No, she lives with her sister, and is miserable there. I read the reports and the psychiatrist thinks she is not capable of working with the public, and that she behaves inappropriately under stress. She also said that she just cannot approve her for work.

The problem is that she functions, but not really, KWIM? Her judgement is totally off. For instance, the man who works with Buddy is from Jamaica, has three kids and is responsible for his nephew since his brother passed away. He is here to work, cannot get into trouble r he will lose his visa, and is a nice man. She is always always trying to get Marisa or me to tell her what he is doing, where he is working. No. So now she keeps asking to come to work for us. No. Then she started asking if she could come and take pictures. Marisa totally lied and said we hire illegals and if a camera came out they would all run and we would never get help again.

It has not occurred to her that she needs to leave this guy alone. he cannot get mixed up in her drama, and even though none of this is out business, Marisa and i know what will happen. She will somehow get mad, feel like he did something wrong, go directly to Buddy, and that will be the end of that. No matter what, it will explode, and it will explode on Joe.

She worked at the homeless shelter and didn't she come home with a homeless guy. You cannot even make it up.

There are days when she is fine, and then she is so much fun, btu then it all goes back. She fixates on things, such as her hair. She gets $200 a month from the State for cash assistance. She spends at least $100 on her hair, but many times more than that. $400 Coach bag. Nail and toes done to match, She does not work, mind you, so her sister subsidizes the rest of the month when her money is gone. She then gets mad when sister gets mad. It's a mess.

Her attorney said he will appeal if they deny her.

Doing a quick flyby today. My niece and her family are here from Ca, and they are celebrating her DH Anthony's 40th birthday with an old fashioned New England clam bake :goodvibes I am so excited! I saw Amy last Christmas, but I miss her terribly, and her little boy too!

So, I baked a brownie cookie bar (from a box) and it is still hot, so I guess my dawdling will have consequences.

Ill be back later tonight or tomorrow, but I hope that you all have a great weekend! I am starving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After hitting the market yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon cooking. So, we have big batches of bolognaise sauce, cauliflower soup and pumpkin soup for the rest of the week. And dinner last night was seafood risotto. No pictures; there were too many bubbling pots and sizzling pans for that!

;)

It was a duo soup tonight....we had cauliflower and pumpkin. I spooned them into the bowls at the same time and it looked great!

Back to reality tomorrow....aside from work, it's Tuesday and DH will be putting on baked potato for dinner.

Brandi- I had a lot of fun! The clambake thing was pretty cool. This company had a "clambake on wheels" which I have never seen before. My brother grills burgers and dogs for those folks who did not care for the seafood. There were salads and snacks and desserts galore! I also enjoyed seeing the boys together, they were so darn cute!

PIO- I love soup. All kinds of soup! Your meal sounds delicious!

We are smack dab back into another heat wave! No cooking yesterday for me, it was hot and Buddy had sprayed in the morning and was in no mood for anything hot, so I bought roast beef and baked ham for sandwiches. I have plenty of leftovers in the fridge, but he did not even want something warmed up.

I am planning to have leftovers from the party tonight, so I hope he is in the mood to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter