The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

No dinner last night, Marisa, Kady and I went to see W at the beach, so we had a nice late lunch at Lenny and Joes. Tonight we are going to the Outback Steakhouse. I guess I'll cook tomorrow :faint:

It's quiet here in the dinner thread! I am guilty as well, but I have not been cooking much.

Lindsay- I just wanted to say that your pics on FB are amazing! You look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinner this weekend was pizza and ice cream. I was on the Cape over the weekend, but no time for sightseeing. I was watching the Pan Mass Challenge and my nieces, who participated. Best weekend of ice cream shops ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be very spotty the next few days. Buddy is starting cutting tobacco tomorrow, and I am drafted into the project. WIll try ot keep in touch!

Hi Nancy...

David and I were in Philly for the weekend and got to see a Braves Phillies baseball game.

We are leaving right now for Colorado to see my father for his 70th birthday.

Last night for dinner we had grilled chicken and grilled squash and cucumber yogurt dill sauce.

Hope you all have a great week.

Brandi

Brandi- Exciting weekend! Please have a wonderful visit with your dad. Happy Birthday wishes for him from me!

Brandi, have a great time with your father!

Nancy, good luck on the farming!

We had a late lunch at Olive Garden yesterday so I wasn't hungry at dinner (which was going to be leftover chinese). Not that I like eating at chain places like that, but with the new house we can't spend real money any more. Fran has been acquiring gift cards for the past few months, so we can spend those since they are sunken costs already.

I've been diagnosed with severe anemia which means red meat for every meal!!! Crazy because I'm usually a fish & veggie kind of girl.

Tonight: filets on the grill. Yummy!!!

And lots of radishes while they cook. :blush: Insanity, I know!!!! But I'm having pica symptoms and can't stop eating them & ice!!! :eek:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

That's crazy Tracey! I would be happy to eat that much red meat. Tonight is Tuesday so we drove through Jack in the Box. :crazy2:

Don't Ask Me What This Is....It's Japanese Stew!

A Japanese exchange student cooked this for us. She mentioned the japanese name.....let's just call it beef stew.

She brought a special packet with her that she steeped in cold water and added soya sauce for the stock. I have no idea what it is! Suffice to say, sign language was in common use in my house over the last 2 week.s

I know it had finely sliced beef, potato, carrots, onions and that stock in it.

Simmer for about 20 - 25 minutes; until the veg is cooked.

She also boiled some snow peas.

We served it with rice for dinner.

It was so yummy, we all had seconds!

princess::upsidedow

That's crazy Tracey! I would be happy to eat that much red meat. Tonight is Tuesday so we drove through Jack in the Box. :crazy2:

No joke Alison, I've been dreaming about THE ROAST from your January adventure. I think I could eat the whole thing!!! :lmao:

Even Jack in the Box sounds good right now. ;)

I wish I'd taken pictures of our dinner last night! It was amazing!!!

I finally strayed away from red meat for one meal & made Chicken Scincronizadas.

I stewed & shredded the chicken, sautéed mushrooms, onions and green peppers, made some cheese dip, and browned flour tortillas in butter until crisp.

One tortilla on the bottom, cover with chicken & veggies (and avocado slices), pour cheese dip over it, and top with another tortilla. I even made so Horchata for the kids to drink. Yay me!!! :yay:

Brandi- Exciting weekend! Please have a wonderful visit with your dad. Happy Birthday wishes for him from me!

Thanks so much... I am finally catching up on threads...

David and I had wonderful food while we were gone and we ate some amazing buffalo and elk, so very good.

We both even lost weight while we were on vacation... 10 days and lost weight!

Last night was grilled chicken, asian slaw, and garden fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers.

Well dinner tonight was Chicken Sausage with Fajita seasoning, fresh tomatoes, grilled onions and peppers.

It was delish, David even joked that our "Bad Meal" was still pretty good for us. It was 350 calories....

David is down a total of 66 pounds and I am down 46 pounds...

Wow! Brandi- you and David are amazing! Keep it up! Buddy and I went to dinner at a local seafood place with some friends. Fried Scallops for me! YUM!

Allison- I saw that PIO visited you, at least I thin that is what I saw! Hope you all had fun! How are you and Fran doing?

We are pretty busy here. I am back in school, as is Marisa. She is tutoring in the learning center, and is booked every day she is there. I am really proud of her. This is Buddy's busy time at work, so all in all...crazy in the G household!'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter