The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

It was wicked easy! One Angel food cake mix, 1 can apple pie filling

The cake mix needs to be a one step that only water is added.

13 x 9 inch pan...not greased 350 degree oven

Mix the cake mix and teh pie filling together so that teh apple pieces are broken up. Toss in pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Make sure it is completely baked, or it will fall.

I have a lip on my pan so I could cool it upside own and avoided a collapse. It was good! This cake does not keep more than a day, I don't think, but it was light and delicious. A little sweet, but very good!

:lmao::lmao:

PIO- I hope that your world settles down fast! And that you do not catch whatever your DH is suffering from, you are way to busy!

Welby made dinner on Wednesday night because she said I "saved her life" on Tuesday. She was sick so I stayed there to make sure she was okay, and cared for my Princesses. Nice return! We enjoyed a pork roast, a roast beef, rice, and two veggies. And Martinis!

Last night was our anniversary so DH and I braved teh rain rain rain to celebrate! Veal Milanese for me and rib eye for him. We split a massive slice of carrot cake for dessert.

Tonight I have chicken and pork chops to cook. No coking on Wednesday and Thursday, so I need to use that meat up.

nancy the cake sounds good, and dinners even better....

Congrats on the anniversary!

:hug:

He's coughing and spluttering with a drippy nose. Even stayed in bed for most of the day. He's not the kind to take to bed unless he's really feeling horrible; so I completely feel for him. Poor DH. :(

10 business days to launch!

I hope he feels better soon and you all stay healthy..

So I've been having the year of overworking to date and haven't really focussed on cooking. Food has been mostly scrappy or take-away this year.

Tonight was no different. DH and I were too tired to do anything but there was this one bulb of fennel in the fridge. So, I cut up a small onion, chopped the fennel, 3 stalks of celery and 1 small potato.

After saute'ing the veg, I added stock to cover and simmered for about 20 minutes.

Salt and Pepper; A quick blitz with the Bamix followed by a squeeze of lemon and the stirring in a teaspoon of cream.....

I'm sitting here enjoying a beautiful bowl of fennel soup. The lemon really lifts this soup out of this world!

Pio that sounds really good...

Last night I brined a couple of pork loin slices, coated them with paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, and rubbed garlic on them, david grilled them, I cooked up some collard greens, and baked fries, Dinner was good, I mean real good... I took a pic will upload later..

....wfdt? Easy, peasy - burgers, dogs, and corn on the cob - all grilled.....

That does look good Brandi. Hope you got some sleep.

I went to bed after midnight last night but slept until 8 this morning, so I think I am ok today.... How is the family? Hope DH is doing better, and that you and DS are keeping healthy

I went to bed after midnight last night but slept until 8 this morning, so I think I am ok today.... How is the family? Hope DH is doing better, and that you and DS are keeping healthy

DH is getting better but still not 100%. Thanks for asking.

DS and I are keeping well clear of him. :rotfl:

Happy father's Day to all the men in our lives!

PIO-hope your DH is better today! Don't blame you an dyour boy for keeping wide of him :)

Brandi- I hate when I cannot sleep, it takes me all of two days to catch up from those nights.

We had the party yesterday, and it was nice. Then A martini party last night! YAY!

Today, I decided not to have the kids over for dinner. Buddy is exhausted and so I will celebrate this week, after he is done setting. Today I have a small rib eye roast thawing ( wish me luck!) mashed potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, and a green salad. I need to get to the market for onions so I can caramelize them, and an Italian bread for garlic bread. Chocolate ckae for dessert

Wow Nancy! That siunds yummy! I saw all the martinis on FB yesterdat!

We had a sausage casserole last night. I'm going to post it on my PTR when I get a chance and repost it here. Reallly easy and good.

Tonight we're going to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert a secind time with some friends. Its an early show so I hope we catch some dinner afterwards!

tonight I am having this....

Couscous-Stuffed Chicken
Stuff chicken breasts with a savory mixture of couscous, tomato, olive and feta cheese for an elegant, Mediterranean-style meal thats fit for company.

Ingredients

1/3 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup uncooked couscous
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
3 tablespoons chopped plum tomato
2 tablespoons kalamata olives, chopped
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 minced garlic clove
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray

Preparation

1. Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 4 minutes. Place couscous in a small bowl; fluff with a fork. Cool for 10 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and next 8 ingredients (through garlic); toss.
2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Divide couscous mixture evenly among breast halves; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook for 6 minutes or until browned; turn chicken over. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/couscous-stuffed-chicken-50400000109627/

Nancy, the martini party sounds like a lot of fun, and the dinner tonight is yummy

Alison, have fun and show and enjoy dinner..

Brandi,
That sounds really good (minus the olives :rotfl:). I might try that sometime. I'll have to remember it!

David will not eat the olives either, so I will not add it to his piece...

We are also going to have the Red Russian Kale again tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter