The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

nancy, what are your temps right now?

We will be at 105 on Thursday.. 95 today with 90% humidity.

It just seems to drain the life right out of me. I need to exercise, but I am never in the mood.

Last night we did beer can chicken, with a huge salad (arugula, Escarole, tomato, cucumber, red onion, squash, and pine nuts), with baked fries.

Brandi- our temps read 103 yesterday, but I don't know what the "official" temp was. Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am drained too, and cannot stand the heat like I used to be able to. One more thing about over 50 that I am not a fan of.

Buddy and his guys have been working on one of our fields, topping the plants and applying sucker control. It is a backbreaking job, and in this heat was unbearable. The two men who help us work at another farm during the day so I have no idea how they have managed this week. The heat wave should break today, so we'll see if tomorrow is comfortable. I hope so. I was behind on my yard work, and now I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY behind!

I hope all is well with everyone. I have been thinking about Kimmar's brother and wondering how he is doing. Oh well, BBL!

I haven't been cooking a lot, but I made some staples this last week. One night was fajitas, which is just sauteed peppers and onions with some seasoned skirt steak. Another night we had szechwan chicken which is a simple Asian style dish I've been making for at least 20 years. You can add in as many veggies as you like and I just serve it over rice for an easy one item meal.

I'm doing myfitnesspal.com to help lose weight and so far in three weeks I'm down about 7 kbs. I'm hoping by the time PIO gets here I've reached my first goal which is another 10.lbs.

I hope you folkson the east coast get some relief from your heat. I think its been hot here, but nothing like what you folks are having.

I haven't been cooking a lot, but I made some staples this last week. One night was fajitas, which is just sauteed peppers and onions with some seasoned skirt steak. Another night we had szechwan chicken which is a simple Asian style dish I've been making for at least 20 years. You can add in as many veggies as you like and I just serve it over rice for an easy one item meal.

I'm doing myfitnesspal.com to help lose weight and so far in three weeks I'm down about 7 kbs. I'm hoping by the time PIO gets here I've reached my first goal which is another 10.lbs.

I hope you folkson the east coast get some relief from your heat. I think its been hot here, but nothing like what you folks are having.

Great job Alison!

10 lbs? Okay. I'm in.

Allison- Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use myfitnesspal too.............well, if I followed my diet i use it ;)

I think the heat will break tonight. I sure hope so!

Donny's picnic was a lot of fun Anna made a homemade wine cooler thing that tasted like a sangria. It was delicious!

My niece Amy and her little boy are coming here for coffee tomorrow so we can visit more before they go back to Ca. I miss her already!

Brandi- our temps read 103 yesterday, but I don't know what the "official" temp was. Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am drained too, and cannot stand the heat like I used to be able to. One more thing about over 50 that I am not a fan of.

Buddy and his guys have been working on one of our fields, topping the plants and applying sucker control. It is a backbreaking job, and in this heat was unbearable. The two men who help us work at another farm during the day so I have no idea how they have managed this week. The heat wave should break today, so we'll see if tomorrow is comfortable. I hope so. I was behind on my yard work, and now I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY behind!

I hope all is well with everyone. I have been thinking about Kimmar's brother and wondering how he is doing. Oh well, BBL!

Nancy our heat index was up to 110 this week... It was not good. Yesterday David and I went to an outdoor event. My head hurt so bad last night, I was almost in tears.... I finally figured I was dehydrated, and drank at Gatorade, and felt somewhat better, afterwards...

Please take care of yourselves and I agree, I have the most respect for farmers, that is hard work!

Do you like your program? David uses Noom, and I use LoseIt!... We find that we like combining the two, his is better at something and others mine is better at.

Congrats on the weight loss, I know you can do it!

Allison- Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use myfitnesspal too.............well, if I followed my diet i use it ;)

I think the heat will break tonight. I sure hope so!

Donny's picnic was a lot of fun Anna made a homemade wine cooler thing that tasted like a sangria. It was delicious!

My niece Amy and her little boy are coming here for coffee tomorrow so we can visit more before they go back to Ca. I miss her already!

Have fun today with Family!

We had a cookout yesterday with friends, and I made a cold summer salad, just throwing things together I had in the houses... Well I ended up with a pound of Whole Wheat elbow pasta, cooked black beans from dried, organic: red and yellow bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, purple onion, and I made a dressing of red wine vinegar and olive oil, with oregano, thyme, basil, garlic powder, and sea salt. It was a huge batch, and all of it was gone...

Do you like your program? David uses Noom, and I use LoseIt!... We find that we like combining the two, his is better at something and others mine is better at.

Congrats on the weight loss, I know you can do it!

Mainly I just use it to track the number of caloriesbim eating. I like that I can get extra calories each day by putting in the activities that I do. Moving boxes around has given me lots of extra calories each day. Mainly understanding just how many calories are in the everyday foods that I took for granted has helped the most.

Germ killer really adds up! :rotfl2:

I sure hope that the amountbi walked yesterday made up fir all the calories. I gave up entering them all when I ended up being 600 over what I shoukd have eaten.

Hey all! Just checking in. Nothing exciting dinner-wise AT ALL lately. I have hit the boring trail of baked chicken breasts, pork roasts, and nachos/tacos, lol. I've gotten into a bit of a rut.

All is well with us, otherwise, and hope you all are doing fabulous!

Last night I did Zucchini noodles, with Marinara Sauce, and Boca Crumbles, for our meatless Monday... David said he really liked it, so I think we will be doing it more and more often, then Zucchini noodles were great and easy to make with my new Spriooli

Boring here as well. Buddy would eat hamburgers every night if I cooked them. Last night we went to Moe's and had dinner there. YUM! Tonight I have to make something light, we are both eating way too much!

last night was shrimp biryani, tonight is grilled chicken and grilled zucchini, and a salad...

Still in a rut, ya'll. LOL! I'm working on my grocery list and I'm thinking, "Didn't I used to be good at this?: :P

Still in a rut, ya'll. LOL! I'm working on my grocery list and I'm thinking, "Didn't I used to be good at this?: :P

You can do it... :goodvibes

Tonight, pizza
Sunday, grilled veggies and pasta
Monday, Cowboy Caviar
Tuesday, Mango Chicken Salad
Wednesday, Beef Lettuce Wraps
Thursday, Philly (short Vacation)
Friday, Philly (short Vacation)
Saturday, Philly (short Vacation)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter