• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! there's a lot of info in these threads on WBC, but still I have a few questions. I saw some incredible pictures of what I think was a 2BR presidential suite. It had beautiful dark cherry woodwork, dark tile floors and looked quite a bit nicer than some of the other pics of the deluxe suites.
1. Are the Presidential suites significantly nicer than the deluxe?
2. Where are the presidential suites? Which buildings? which floors?
3. Are there 1, 2, 3 BR presidential suites?
4. What is the ballpark price for the Presidential suites compared to the deluxe (say for a 2BR)?
5. Which towers, floors, rooms have been recently renovated and is it worth it to get into one of those rooms?
TIA.

I've been lurking here for a while, doing my research, and just want to say thanks to all who've shared their Bonnet Creek info! Thanks to the tips I got here, we chose BC and had a great experience. I have to say, I'm converted and I won't be staying anywhere else for a Disney vacation!

We checked in around 4:00 pm last Sunday. I don't know if it was due to the low season, or not a popular check-in day, or whatever...but that couldn't have been a better experience. I hadn't called in a tower request in advance, mostly because I didn't think I'd get it anyway. At the desk, the guy asked ME if I had any tower preference, and then, if I wanted a low, mid, or high level floor! I gave him a general idea of my 'ideal' location, and ended up with a 3rd floor 2BR in tower 2, which was perfect. I was prepared for the sales pitch at the parking desk but they didn't even ask me to fill out a form. They mentioned to my husband about the 'breakfast' and $100 gift card, but he politely said 'he would think about it' and we weren't bothered all week.

The room was so nice. All of the furniture was in perfect shape and the finishes were like new and high-end. Gorgeous! And as a bonus, we had a lake view and decent view of the Illuminations fireworks. Parking outside our tower was plentiful at any time of day. Wi-fi worked just fine.

We also tried out all of the pools - all were very nice and not crowded but we definitely preferred the pirate themed pool. It was the warmest and we liked the lazy river nearby too. My son wasn't tall enough for either of the slides; I thought he would enjoy the one by tower 3 but they were enforcing the 48"/no one under 5yo rule, and he's just shy of both. No big deal, we still had tons of fun swimming.

For those that miss the Disney ambience, I would say that all of the staff we met at Bonnet Creek were awesome and friendly. There were tons of activities and because the resort was not crowded, each kid got lots of attention. We took advantage of the free face painting, balloon artist, pool parties, and Halloween games. My son actually asked to 'stay home' several days instead of going to the parks, he liked it that much.

We will definitely be back! Thanks Dis'ers! :yay:

Wow! there's a lot of info in these threads on WBC, but still I have a few questions. I saw some incredible pictures of what I think was a 2BR presidential suite. It had beautiful dark cherry woodwork, dark tile floors and looked quite a bit nicer than some of the other pics of the deluxe suites.
1. Are the Presidential suites significantly nicer than the deluxe?
2. Where are the presidential suites? Which buildings? which floors?
3. Are there 1, 2, 3 BR presidential suites?
4. What is the ballpark price for the Presidential suites compared to the deluxe (say for a 2BR)?
5. Which towers, floors, rooms have been recently renovated and is it worth it to get into one of those rooms?
TIA.

I'll attempt to answer some of these.

1. I Think it's mostly going to be a matter of preference as to the "significantly nicer" answer. They are nicer, but how much nicer can depend. The Primary differences between a regular "Deluxe" unit and the Presidential suite are going to be the decor items you noticed in those pictures. Typically, Higher crown molding ceilings, Dark wood accents and doors, Tiled floors in the common areas, Stainless steel appliances, and some upgraded furnishings.

2. There are 4bdrm Presidential units located on the top floor of the Main Building and Towers 1-5. All Units in floors 10 and above in Tower 6 are presidential units.

3. Yes, There are now 1,2, and 3bdrm presidential units. They are located exclusively in Tower 6.

4. I couldn't tell you since I've never tried to price one, and different owners/renters have different criteria when setting their prices. Some things I can tell you however:

Points wise, non-discounted, A 1 bdrm Presidential tends to run the same point cost as a 2bdrm Deluxe, and a 2bdrm Presidential as a 3bdrm Deluxe. There are not 4bdrm Deluxe units so that point cost pricing trend doesn't continue, but it MIGHT help give you an idea of a rough ballpark based off prices you see people mention getting for the deluxe units.

The Presidential units are MUCH MUCH rarer at the resort than any of the deluxe style units. As such, Some of the owner tricks such as point discounts or upgrades are less likely to come into play. Since many of those tricks tend to run off the assumption of unbooked inventory, with the short supply of Presidential level accomodations at the resort, it's rare you'll find an empty unit available by the time those discounts/upgrades kick in.

And finally.... again, because of the rarity, and the much nicer looking and class of accomadations, Some owners will charge a premium over what they might charge per-point for a deluxe unit. Since Wyndham no longer allows "trading" of points between owners, the per-point is more of an abstract # since you have no way of knowing what the actual point cost to the owner actually will be for the reservation you are renting (due to housekeeping fees, discounts, guest certificate fees, and other items that come into play with a reservation within the Wyndham System)

5. Towers 1-3 have recently been renovated according to reports. towers 4 and 5 I've heard some mixed reports on so I don't know what their exact status is. And as for "is it worth it".... Can't say. I haven't seen before/after pics of the renovation, so I honestly don't know if the renovation has brought anything to these rooms that would make it worth it to me to go thru the extra effort to request a renovated room.

Other than the reported couch issues, which for the most part have been resolved already in the non-renovated towers, I can't think of any major reoccuring issues I've heard about in any of the towers that would make me say the non-renovated rooms are worth avoiding if possible.

Which route do you prefer between MCO and Bonnet Creek:drive:

Route 417
or
Route 528

And the second part why :thanks:

Leaving in 5 Days and can't wait! Does anyone ever not drive or not rent a car? We are flying in and taking a car service to the resort. We will have a grocery stop along the way, and I'm assuming that our room will not be ready when we get there around 2pm. If our room is not ready, will they have a fridge/freezer that we can keep our food in while we wait for our room?

Which route do you prefer between MCO and Bonnet Creek:drive:

Route 417
or
Route 528

And the second part why :thanks:

417.... and because it's a straight shot and pretty easy/quick to get there.

If you take 417 to the International Drive exit, You can just stay straight on that road over I-4 as it turns into EPCOT CEnter Drive. On the Return trip, There is a 7-11 and a Hess station before you get to 417 that you can use to top off your gas tank so you will show a full tank when you return the rental.

Leaving in 5 Days and can't wait! Does anyone ever not drive or not rent a car? We are flying in and taking a car service to the resort. We will have a grocery stop along the way, and I'm assuming that our room will not be ready when we get there around 2pm. If our room is not ready, will they have a fridge/freezer that we can keep our food in while we wait for our room?

I always drive/rent so I've never had to take advantage of it myself, but I have seen others post that they do have a fridge they can use to store your perishables until your room is ready. I don't know however if there is a freezer for frozen goods or if there is a limit on how much they'll hold for you.

If in doubt however, you could always call the resort directly and ask them.

I used Garden Grocer this trip. They delivered to bell services about 1 hr before we arrived. Bell services kept it refrigerated until we checked in. I don't know if bell services has a freezer but they definitely have a fridge.

But your room may be ready at 2 PM, especially if you're flexible with what type of room you want. There were several rooms available at 3 PM when we checked in.

The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? Free refills of all supplies?

Thanks!

Just got back from our first visit to WBC. It was great!!!

We checked in Halloween night around 11. I asked for a high floor and he asked me if I had a blg preference and I chose blg 3 bc i knew it was renovated. It didnt disappoint. No view just parking lot but I got the 7th floor and the blg I wanted so beggars can't be choosers. VERY quiet. We never waited for an elevator once. They are still renovating the blg. They were painting the 1 st floor while we were there so they may not have had a lot of ppl in tower 3 but we loved it. Our room was very nice...all new and updated furniture, paint, and bedding. It smelled brand new when we walked in. The guy that checked us in told me generally they put ppl in blg 4 first but it wasn't a busy time so he accommodated the guest requests as much as possible.

No parking pass needed. Keys will let u in the gate. I never went back to get one and it was never needed.

We did override the a/c and I will say the bedrooms were still warm. The main room and kitchen were freezing by contrast but I personally was uncomfortable sleeping each night BC I like to be cold. We had a couple of towels in our room that had dried up toothpaste on them. I tried washing them but they didn't come clean. These are my only complaints about our stay. But regarding the towels...we had plenty with only 4 of us so it really wasn't a big deal.

The pools were chilly. My kids (9, 7) loved the pirate pool best so we spent almost all of our time there. They did try the main pool and tower 5 lazy rivers and each time they stayed just a small amount of time before asking to go to pirate pool. Tower 3 pool was coldest. Kids liked the slide and on our warmest, full sun day we spent half the day there (they went back and forth btw pool and splash pad). The slides are 48 inches and they pretty much enforce that at pirate pool. Tower 3 pool says 48 inches or be blue to swim length of pool unassisted. My son is 47 inches and went down that slide no problem.

We booked at 25 days out with vacation upgrades. Ken was fabulous. He was the only one to have availability for my wed-tues dates and we felt we got a good deal as we were suppose to stay at Sheraton vistana and ken saved us about 350 :). I'd stay here again for sure. Next time ill book a little sooner and try for a presidential so I don't have to stress about getting a high floor. We had a great experience with the staff, our check in was fabulous, and we really enjoyed the resort. We didn't do Disney this trip (4 previous trips to Disney) so we really took advantage of the resort and all it had to offer. We didn't eat at the restaurants, we did hang at the hotel pool which is nice, and we did rent a cabana (50 on weekend 25 during week) at pirate pool. What we did buy from there I didn't find to be outrageously priced (I'm from Chicago and everything is over priced). We took drinks in a cooler to the pool as did many of the guests.

I hope this helps. Reading reviews really helped me with info and to make the decision to stay there. I can say I honestly can't wait to go back!!!

I have a AAA parking pass I will mail out today to the first person that Pam's me a name and address

Thanks

Is there anyway to get things like that, videos and links to the picture thread on the first post like they do for the onsite hotels? Often so many things are asked over and over and it would be nice to have one spot for people to go to for that stuff.

Is there anyway to get things like that, videos and links to the picture thread on the first post like they do for the onsite hotels? Often so many things are asked over and over and it would be nice to have one spot for people to go to for that stuff.

In order for the first post to be updated with all the information, it requires the person who started the thread the keep it updated.

Parts 1 and 2 were started by people who were somewhat active and who kept the first post updated with some of the FAQ.

This thread however was created by a DISBoard Newbie before part 2 was close to being closed. They just copy-pasted the text from the Part 2 first post (without including the links or images), and I haven't seen them around much lately.

So while it would be nice, sadly I don't think we have a thread originator who is willing to invest the time needed to keep the first post here updated.

In order for the first post to be updated with all the information, it requires the person who started the thread the keep it updated.

Parts 1 and 2 were started by people who were somewhat active and who kept the first post updated with some of the FAQ.

This thread however was created by a DISBoard Newbie before part 2 was close to being closed. They just copy-pasted the text from the Part 2 first post (without including the links or images), and I haven't seen them around much lately.

So while it would be nice, sadly I don't think we have a thread originator who is willing to invest the time needed to keep the first post here updated.

BOO! That stinks. I saw this thread being started WAAAAAAAAAAY early. I've been stalking this thread on and off for a month since we just got back from our first visit (onsite) and kept passing this place on the busses and thought it would be much nicer to stay here with the space.

Living room yes. We were in a 3 bedroom and the 2 back bedrooms did not have one. Not sure about the master as my mom was in there and I didn't go digging through drawers :)

Are there DVD players in the living room and the bed rooms?

As others have mentioned, There is a DVD/CD Player/Stereo located in the Living room in the cabinet under the TV.

The bedrooms just have the TV.

Our flight just changed to arrive 12 hours later than when we booked. We will now arrive at the resort around 10pm. Does this mean that we will get whatever rejected rooms are left after everyone else has checked in? I expect the resort to be at capacity for our dates.

From what I've read, you can make a room request in advance, but what actually happens is that rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can avoid a first floor parking lot view?

Thanks!

ottawafamilyof4 said:
Our flight just changed to arrive 12 hours later than when we booked. We will now arrive at the resort around 10pm. Does this mean that we will get whatever rejected rooms are left after everyone else has checked in? I expect the resort to be at capacity for our dates.

From what I've read, you can make a room request in advance, but what actually happens is that rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can avoid a first floor parking lot view?

Thanks!

We made a request and they said it wouldnt be a problem. We got in after 6pm and we got exactly what we asked for. Loved the place BTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter