The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need any keys to access the pools. They are all open. You will just need to ask about the towels, and where to change. As I said, there are places to change, I just can't tell you where they are because I didn't need/use them. But they're there.

You don't need any keys to access the pools. They are all open. You will just need to ask about the towels, and where to change. As I said, there are places to change, I just can't tell you where they are because I didn't need/use them. But they're there.

Thanks so much, this is precisely what I was looking for. What about parking, I read that you don't need a parking pass but just a room key, if we get there before 4 can we keep some stuff in the car and park without a key ( yet) or parking pass and enjoy the pools while we await the call from the front desk?

Yes, once you are in the gates (they have to let you in with your reservation so you can check in!), you just park anywhere. They don't check the parking passes. Also, you can still get your parking pass even if you don't get your room (that's what we did). So after we came back from shopping (before we got our room) we just showed the parking pass to the gate attendant and he opened the gate.

There are two gates - one that has an attendant and one that only takes the room key. So just make sure you go to the manned attendant gate when you first come in - they will ask to see your reservation, and then if you leave, make sure you get your parking pass first, and then go back through the manned gate to get back in with the parking pass.

Once you have your room, you can bypass the manned gate and just go through the gate that uses the room keys.

We just checked in. Resort is beautiful. Our room is very nice...not as large as a villa on property but for us that is not an issue. When we went to get our parking pass there was no hard sell at all. They didn't have me even fill anything out and knew we weren't owners.

My complaints: they offered us a lower floor room on check in and I politely asked about possibly getting a fireworks view. He asked me to wait and went and checked in back. He came out and offered us a fireworks view in I believe tower one but I could be wrong. Awesome....two minutes later he says oh I can't give you that room. Hmmm....okay so we end up doing a pre check in and he would call us if a fireworks view room comes up. I am thinking wow awesome customer service! We went to the pool area and we were checking things out when 10 minutes later they call that a room is ready. I go to check in and it is a parking lot view...I am confused at this point and explained to the woman that we wouldn't mind waiting for the other room and she proceeds to tell me I should have requested that. Ok we did though so she goes to the back to check and comes back and said there will be no fireworks rooms available today. I asked how that could have changed from 15 minutes ago. Her response was I am not an owner so I will not get one...owners have preference. Ouch. Conversations went on...desk manager got involved and said the same thing. At this point the room isn't the issue it is being treated as second class because I am not an owner. I get the reason behind it but the presentation and conflicting information really made it a bad situation when it didn't need to be.

In addition we found our dishwasher full of dishes when we got to our room and a pair of underwear in a drawer.

I hope this isn't an indicator of more to come.

Tower 1 - one bedroom 515. If you get my room check the bedside drawers. I just realized I left a package of Michey Mouse chocolate pretzels. Since the bag is open you probably won't want to eat them but the bag came with a niffy Mickey shape clamp closer with a magnet for using to hold things on a refrigerator. I can't believe i went off and forgot to check all the drawers!

We just checked in. Resort is beautiful. Our room is very nice...not as large as a villa on property but for us that is not an issue. When we went to get our parking pass there was no hard sell at all. They didn't have me even fill anything out and knew we weren't owners.

My complaints: they offered us a lower floor room on check in and I politely asked about possibly getting a fireworks view. He asked me to wait and went and checked in back. He came out and offered us a fireworks view in I believe tower one but I could be wrong. Awesome....two minutes later he says oh I can't give you that room. Hmmm....okay so we end up doing a pre check in and he would call us if a fireworks view room comes up. I am thinking wow awesome customer service! We went to the pool area and we were checking things out when 10 minutes later they call that a room is ready. I go to check in and it is a parking lot view...I am confused at this point and explained to the woman that we wouldn't mind waiting for the other room and she proceeds to tell me I should have requested that. Ok we did though so she goes to the back to check and comes back and said there will be no fireworks rooms available today. I asked how that could have changed from 15 minutes ago. Her response was I am not an owner so I will not get one...owners have preference. Ouch. Conversations went on...desk manager got involved and said the same thing. At this point the room isn't the issue it is being treated as second class because I am not an owner. I get the reason behind it but the presentation and conflicting information really made it a bad situation when it didn't need to be.

In addition we found our dishwasher full of dishes when we got to our room and a pair of underwear in a drawer.

I hope this isn't an indicator of more to come.
Curious, how did you get your reservation? Did you rent from an owner or through some other fashion?

I'm sort of not surprised that they are trying to hold some of the best rooms for owners. I'm sure they've gotten some heated feedback from owners complaining that they paid thousands for their timeshare and then they find out in the resort hot tub that someone who rented a week on ebay for $600 has the awesome fireworks view, while they are stuck on the ground by the minigolf.

I also wouldn't be surprised too if the Disney resort tradition of "request-itis" is starting to impact WBC. As more and more people read that they can request a fireworks view, suddenly 9 out of 10 guests request one. I've seen little evidence that calling ahead works, but people will try.

Still, I agree that you did not have a good customer service experience. The best solution for WBC is just to say "sorry, nothing available" without getting into a long excuse about why not.

Perhaps the next fireworks view move will be the "$20 bill" trick so popular in Vegas.

We rented from an owner.
Sometimes when I checked in they mentioned I was the guest of an owner -- and sometimes not.

It will be interesting to see if more people report striking out when asking for fireworks views or if yours was just a random event.

Sometimes when I checked in they mentioned I was the guest of an owner -- and sometimes not.

It will be interesting to see if more people report striking out when asking for fireworks views or if yours was just a random event.

My wife and I checked in three weeks ago Saturday at 4:30. I called the Monday
prior and requested an upper floor in tower 4 or 5 but forgot to mention the fireworks view. When we were checking in I asked about my request and he said an upper floor (14) was noted but it was a lake view. I then asked if a fireworks view was possible. He went and got the supervisor w/o me asking and after a few questions from him he said one moment and went into the office. A moment later he came out and gave us a room on the 14th flloor tower five. We of course were very greatfull and the view was unbelievable. So I consider it to be like a chess game. You can only move your chips to the possible openings at the time. Calling in a request a week prior was a tip this thread offered and made all the difference in our case.:)

Has anyone brought a wii to play in their rooms? I know that there is a common wii but I was wondering if anyone has hooked up a wii in their rooms. You cant do this on a disney cruise and in many hotels is is hard if not impossible to switch sources from cable to anything else.

I dont anticipate using the wii much but if the weather is not great it might help with cabin fever. But if it cant be done its not worth bringing it.

I just posted some pics of our 2 bedroom deluxe unit in Tower 4 on the WBC photo thread in case anyone wants to see more pictures. ;)

We stayed in unit 1474 which was right beside the elevator. Never heard any noise from the elevator and would choose tower 4 again for a number of reasons. LOVED the view of Epcot and the fireworks at night. Epcot was very close, and MK was in the distance, but still had a pretty good show.

We recently booked a deluxe two bedroom unit for our May trip! We are so excited! We passed by WBC while on a bus to DTD on our last trip and were amazed by how close it is to everything. All the positive feedback and photos about WBC here on the boards really helped us to choose this resort over other options we were considering.

I'm sure this topic has probably come up before but I was not able to find an answer when searching. Looking into booking at the WBC and I see included with the quote from what seems to be a respectable outside source a significant confirmation fee. Is this a legit fee?, am I being duped?, or is it just the price of doing business and is something you just have to bear? Thanks

No......did not have any extra fees with Vacation Strategy. Just a flat rate.

I'm sure this topic has probably come up before but I was not able to find an answer when searching. Looking into booking at the WBC and I see included with the quote from what seems to be a respectable outside source a significant confirmation fee. Is this a legit fee?, am I being duped?, or is it just the price of doing business and is something you just have to bear? Thanks

I had to pay a $300 deposit to VS, but that was deducted from my total. I would use VS again in a heartbeat, they were awesome!

Staying at BC for the first time at the end of December and I have a few questions. 1. When should I call to request a room? 2. Do I call the BC number directly?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, me too --- a deposit with VS. I meant it was all included though....as part of my total fee, not an extra fee.

I called WBC a few days ago and requested fireworks view, we'll see. Their direct number is 407-238-3500.

I'm here now, leaving tomorrow. I called Bonnet Creek directly about a week before we left. We got exactly what we requested. We did speak to another couple at the pizza place who said they booked a certain view 9 months out and didn't get it. Not really sure how it all works.

I had to pay a $300 deposit to VS, but that was deducted from my total. I would use VS again in a heartbeat, they were awesome!

I only had to pay a $150 deposit for our rental (from VS last month). Have they changed the amount? Thats double....
What have others had to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter