The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone has rented over a really busy period like Christmas. As you can see from my signature, I am a DVC member and I have a 1BR at AKV booked for 12/23-12/30 but while I was looking to add a couple days offsite before my AKV reservation, I found an awesome rate for the whole week at Bonnet Creek. I know that parking and driving may be an issue at the MK and that we won't have EMH. Was vacationing still doable? I am usually a "pick a non-EMH park" kind of person, but every day is EMH that week at the MK and I am afraid that we will be at too much of a disadvantage. FWIW, we have APs (free parking) and no ADRs so no set schedule.

Granted, we didn't go at a "peak" week, but I'm fairly certain you won't have problems driving to/from the resort. It's a cake walk, really. Everything's easily accessible from Buena Vista, which is the 1 street you'll hit coming out of WBC. Even if you parked like the Griswolds, there's always a tram less than 5 minutes away to whisk you straight to the maingate. As for crowds, you may want to get a subscription to touringplans.com which will show you when you should go to each park based on crowd, even during Xmas week. For the cost, location (far better than AKV) and amenities, it's hard to beat WBC.

I have been searching the boards for about an hour now and can't find out how to go about making a room/building request. I know it is on here because I saw it a few months ago but can't find it now.
By the way, I am checking in on Sunday November 11th how likely is it that I will get my request of a lake view, building 4, high floor? In that order.

Is wireless available? And if so, is the strength decent? I was there 2 years ago and brought my router to hook up in the kitchen. I can do that again, but just wondering if it's necessary? I definitely would like a strong signal.

Unfortunately, the pirate slide has a "slide police"/lifeguard who measures each kid, so 48" is absolutely required. HOWEVER, there's another slide on the other side of the resort at Tower 2 & 3 that has a slide that DS loved. The only requirement is that the kids have to be able to slide down and swim to the side unassisted. The funny thing is both slides looked about the same height and slope. The only difference is the pirate ship versus a regular slide. The good thing about the Tower 2 & 3 slide is there's hardly anyone at that one b/c all the other bigger kids are at the pirate slide, so we and 2 other families shared that entire pool and hot tub, which was just fine by us. If that's the only thing that might detract you from staying at WBC, don't let it. Your kids will love it there. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for coming back and clarifying this for me! I didn't realize there was another slide (new to resarching WBC and it is quite overwhelming). Do you happen to know if the pool by Tower 2 & 3 has zero entry? What about the pirate ship pool?

Thank you so much for coming back and clarifying this for me! I didn't realize there was another slide (new to resarching WBC and it is quite overwhelming). Do you happen to know if the pool by Tower 2 & 3 has zero entry? What about the pirate ship pool?

2/3 pool is not Zero Entry. There is however a kiddie pool and a kids splash area by the pool.

The Pool by the pirate ship does have a zero entry.

2/3 pool is not Zero Entry. There is however a kiddie pool and a kids splash area by the pool.

The Pool by the pirate ship does have a zero entry.

Zero entry at the pool at the main building too, and a larger splash pad.

I checked in this morning. Got a room in tower 5, just finished watching 2 sets of fireworks. Room is great and spacious. Never stopped and got the parking pass. Our only problem was that I requested a pack and play 5 times before I actually got it at 9 pm. I asked when we checked in at noon, again at 2, then at 6, 8 and at 8:30 I went to the lobby and stood there till I had confirmation the delivery person was on her way. The customer service is definitely better at Disney but for what i paid, this is worth it so far!

Just wanted to say that I've had pack and play delivery issues at Disney too. Pack and Play request was on reservation and I reminded them at check-in. It took multiple phone calls over several hours. I didn't get it until I spoke with a manager and told him I was on my way to desk to talk to him in person if I didn't get within the next few minutes. That was the last time I stayed at a "Value" Disney property.

Is wireless available? And if so, is the strength decent? I was there 2 years ago and brought my router to hook up in the kitchen. I can do that again, but just wondering if it's necessary? I definitely would like a strong signal.

Yes wireless is available, but I would bring my own as you will have guaranteed swift and secure access that way!!

Yes wireless is available, but I would bring my own as you will have guaranteed swift and secure access that way!!

Do they still have the plug in the kitchen for internet? I know I brought an ethernet cable with me in 2010, but when I was at Wyndham Grand Desert this weekend, they didn't have an ethernet port, just wifi. They had a port marked DSL, but the ethernet cable was too big for it.

Do they still have the plug in the kitchen for internet? I know I brought an ethernet cable with me in 2010, but when I was at Wyndham Grand Desert this weekend, they didn't have an ethernet port, just wifi. They had a port marked DSL, but the ethernet cable was too big for it.
Yes, there is an ethernet port on the bottom of the phone. Our kitchen phone had an ethernet cord already plugged into it. So it was easy peasy! You might bring your own ethernet cord if you want to guarantee that you have one without asking the very busy front desk. I'm kinda like a boy scout...always prepared!! :lmao:

Yes, there is an ethernet port on the bottom of the phone. Our kitchen phone had an ethernet cord already plugged into it. So it was easy peasy! You might bring your own ethernet cord if you want to guarantee that you have one without asking the very busy front desk. I'm kinda like a boy scout...always prepared!! :lmao:

Thanks! I keep one in the bag with the laptop along with a card reader for the camera memory! LOL

I can't find it anywhere. How do I disable the ac thermostat"?????? It is sooooooo cold!!!!

I can't find it anywhere. How do I disable the ac thermostat"?????? It is sooooooo cold!!!!

Push and hold the F/C button that is on the left of the thermostat until the little screen says "bp" for bypass.

This will allow the unit to run at the set temperature for 24 hours without going off if there is no motion in the room (e.g., you are away from the condo during the day or at night while sleeping, etc.).

Forgive me if this info is already posted in the thread, but does anyone know the list of what restaurants that are allowed to deliver to Bonnet Creek?

We're here now and we've been pleased.

I got my room through my friend who is a Wyndham owner. She said that she had a high level status or some such thing so that she could request a particular room for me and I would probably get it. I'd read here that perk doesn't carry over to guests of owners, but she said it had for her in the past. I called the main desk 2 weeks before check-in to make my room request and it was good that I did because my friend's requests weren't on there.

I very much got the feeling that room requests are handled based on what's available at the time you check in. I didn't feel like they saved rooms for people based on their room requests. I had requested a high floor and away from the elevator (I wanted a quiet room). The check-in person had my requests and had to keep referring to a map of the resort (in a drawer, so I didn't know what he was doing until he told me) to check how close to the elevators the rooms were. He initially offered me a room in the 7th floor in tower 5. He asked me if that was high enough. I said it was fine but asked if he had anything higher, since he made it seem like there might be something else. He gave me a room on the 9th floor in tower 4. He said it had a fireworks view. I don't care about that, but I would 't call the view a fireworks view. You can see the fireworks at MK and Epcot, but you have to stand right up by the window and lean your face on the window to be able to see it. Even from the balcony, it isn't easy to see the fireworks.

I was the only person checking in around 3 PM in a Wednesday, so he took his time with me. I went to by the front desk at 3 PM in Friday and it was packed. I did to to the parking pass desk. They ask for your driver's license, which I didn't like. He scanned it into some kind of machine. I told him I didn't want to fill out the sheet asking for job and income info and I didn't. He said they collect that info to understand what type of people stay at the resort. I politely but firmly said I didn't give out that info and that was it. He gave me the pass and off I went.

The room is fine but dh thought it looked a little dated. (Tower 4 hasn't been renivated yet). The carpets are a little worn. The couch was replaced and is fine. I think the beds are soft (or at least softer than I would like) so not comfy for people who like firm or med-firm beds.

The resort itself is nice. We brought our own router and that's been awesome. I heard 2 ladies at the pool talking about how the wifi connection sucked except in certain parts of the room so I'd advise bringing your own router if you need good wifi.

DS was very disappointed as he's been measuring at 48" for a few months already (even without shoes) but at the pirate slide he measured at 47.5 inches and they didn't let him on. We weren't expecting it to be an issue so that was very sad for him. I think that their ruler measures a little smaller than most so warn your kids who are just at 48 inches that they may not be 48 inches on this ruler.

Forgive me if this info is already posted in the thread, but does anyone know the list of what restaurants that are allowed to deliver to Bonnet Creek?

On the phone I the room, it says that pizza deliveries are only allowed from la cocina (at the resort), pizza hut, papa jones, dominoes, flippers, and giordanos. There is a binder in the room with some ads in the back including menus from local restaurants. At least one (a Chinese place) says that they deliver to "your resort" so I assume that delivery from other places are allowed, but not other pizza places.

I also discovered today that the pools are different temperatures. I'm not sure if it's related to the amount of sun the pool is getting or the pool temps are different. The pool a tower 2/3 with the slide was much colder than the other pools. The pool at tower 5 was warmer, and the main pool and the one at tower 6 were the warmest.

At least one (a Chinese place) says that they deliver to "your resort" so I assume that delivery from other places are allowed, but not other pizza places.

I also discovered today that the pools are different temperatures. I'm not sure if it's related to the amount of sun the pool is getting or the pool temps are different. The pool a tower 2/3 with the slide was much colder than the other pools. The pool at tower 5 was warmer, and the main pool and the one at tower 6 were the warmest.

We ordered from the Chinese (Citrus Garden) and it was really good, and they were quick.

We did a day long pool hop, and I agree with you on the different temps. The pool at 2/3 was freezing when we were there. The pool at Tower 4, where we were, was probably the warmest, and 6 was usually pretty nice.

I have been searching the boards for about an hour now and can't find out how to go about making a room/building request. I know it is on here because I saw it a few months ago but can't find it now.
By the way, I am checking in on Sunday November 11th how likely is it that I will get my request of a lake view, building 4, high floor? In that order.

"The Book" says you are supposed to call WBC front desk and make that request 2 weeks out ... and again at check-in. However, there is NO guarantee that you'll get it - and I'm a perfect example. I did everything "by the book" including making my requests when I 1st booked. Our room location was nothing even close to what I asked. I would strongly recommend your not specifying just 1 bldg but multiple so that you give them more options. More options = higher potential. This is why I booked our next trip in a presidential suite. I will be guaranteed a room before I arrive.

Yes, wireless is available in every bldg now, but the strength is just so-so. Naturally, it's better during the day (when most folks are the parks). Plus, I hated having to re-login every single time I turnoff my laptop/kindle/phone, etc. It's a bit of a pain for not too much gain. Just my 2-cents.

Yes, the port is still on the phone in the kitchen, but they also have wireless in all buildings now (for free).

Thanks for all of the great tips! We will be checking into BC in less than two weeks and can't wait! This will be our first time saying there, and we are so excited after reading all the great reviews on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter