The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

I can imagine that your photo editing process takes a long time because you have so many of them to sort through! And then you have to load them to Photobucket and separate them into albums (doesn't Photoucket have a 250-photo limit per album?) and then begin the process of writing the TR and getting the sequence of activities right. It is quite an undertaking, and you have to be in the mood for it and have the time to sit down and deal with all of that. I am always in awe of the folks who can whip those TRs out really fast!

But I am sure your stuff is worth the wait, so we will all forgive you for making us hang on the edge of our seats!:lmao:

I was saying the other day that - due to you and other DIS-ers like Courtney, Molly and Jazz (Belle Ella), etc., who take so many wonderful pictures for their TRs, I am inspired to make it my goal - even on this little, half-day DLR adventure on the 21st - to try to get at least one or two pictures of something that is not frequently seen at DLR. It could be some out of the way little nook, it could be an angle or view of a familiar site that we don't normally see. I was also partially inspired by a photo that sopmene posted the other day of a little fountain somewhere over by the lockers on Main Street, I think. I don't think I had ever noticed that fountain or paid any attention to it. So I am determined to get something out of the ordinary in some way!! I think we should all make that a goal on each of our DLR trips - well, you guys always get so much stuff that is cool and interesting anyway - to find one thing or place that we NEVER see in DLR photos on the DIS and capture it! I bet the possibilities are endless, and it will require keen eyes and attention to detail!

Whew!!!! I've been spending literally more than 10 hrs editing photos and its ridiculous!! I have so many photos that I'm counting how many MB of photos I can put on multiple photobucket accounts (not to mention hrs of resizing file sizes to accomodate this TR!). Its ridiculous. I'm not sure how much of the TR I will get done, but I promise you that it will be JAM PACKED with pictures!!

Okay, so lets get started!!!

3rd of July a.k.a. travel day

This trip consists of 8 people. 7 of us traveled from the bay area to Anaheim in a Honda Odyssey. From my fiance's family we have his mom, his sisters Brenda, Yesenia, and Alex (and then of course my fiance Eric). Then we have Brenda's friend Abby, myself, and my cousin TheAXIOM who met us at the resort. Eric could not get off of work early at all and we did not get on the road on friday until 5 pm. I was worried about the holiday traffic and wanted to get us out of there as soon as possible, but that didn't work out at all. Oh well, we got on our way anyway. Eric took the first shift of driving and that guys drives like a grandma!! Good lord!! HAHA. So after a couple of hours of driving, I took over for the rest of the trek and we ended up getting to the Desert Inn & Suites at 10:30 p.m. 5 & 1/2 hours !! We had barely any traffic at all throughout the whole drive. It was fantastic!! YAY.

Cousin TheAXIOM was already at DLR because he went there with his parents to eat at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. He said he was going to relax in the foyer of GCH and read a book until we got there. He was pretty excited about it, but alas, thanks to the miraculous driving of myself, we got there pretty darn quick. So quick, that TheAXIOM only got to relax in GCH for about 10 minutes before I called him to tell him we were at the hotel! HAHA.

So, we got all hunkered in, situated ourselves and got some rest because we knew we'd need it for saturday!!

Saturday, 4th of July!

My cousin and I slept on the same bed and when the cell phone alarms started going off, he turned over and started singing...

"Gotta get up! Gotta get going. Gonna see a friend of mine, he's warm and he's fuzzy, I love him because he's just POOH BEAR, WINNIE THE POOH BEAR!!!"

HAHA, oh god were we laughing. I just rolled over and said "Patrick, you're such a weirdo!"

(Here he is with me in the morning)
disneyland002.jpg

(From left to right: Alexandra, Brenda, Yesenia, and Abby)
disneyland007.jpg

disneyland008.jpg

We had to get going a little bit earlier than park opening because we made PS for Minnie & Friend's Breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Main St. at 7:30 A.M. We all got ready and TheAXIOM left a little bit early because his AP had a blackout day (well actually 2). So he made it in the park before we did because there was no line at the ticket booths.

disneyland012.jpg

I loooove getting there before the park opens! Its soo magical to me when its not open to the public.

Oh before I get into the TR, I have to let you know that Eric's mom has NEVER been DLR and either has his youngest sister, so they had NO idea what to expect. On top of that, Eric's youngest sister Alexandra is kind of scared of things, so this was a big shock to her. We walked up the walkway to Plaza Inn and had our pictures taken.

DSC_0001.jpg

Oh BTW, Eric's mom is A LOT of fun, she just doesn't smile in pictures much, so don't mind her not smiling. She's having loads of fun, I PROMISE !!

DSC_0002.jpg

We got sat on the right side of Plaza Inn and it was in that nice room by the windows. I love it in there ! I love going there with big parties because I feel like I'm going to a tea party because we always get a long table. Right away we got a lot of characters coming up to us! It was kind of overwhelming for Alexandra. She was pretty dang scared of Rafiki and he was trying to be so nice. It was a little sad. She even shied away from Minnie, but once she saw that we were taking pictures with them, she started to get jealous. She ended up taking pictures with them only when someone else was with her. Then she eventual got more brave.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

disneyland014.jpg

disneyland013.jpg

disneyland015.jpg

Geppetto came by when Chip & Dale were around and he was so cool ! He jumped in photos and was a lot of fun.

DSC_0008.jpg

disneyland016.jpg

disneyland017.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

disneyland018.jpg

disneyland019.jpg

disneyland020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

continued...

... continued

DSC_0015.jpg

Patrick got really excited when Pooh came by and started singing the song to the show and Pooh started dancing, so Patrick joined him! HAHA. It was funny.

DSC_0016.jpg

disneyland021.jpg

Then, someone got the courage to take pictures by herself!

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

OH! When Yesenia first sat down, Chip sat in her spot and took over her food! HAHA.

disneyland023.jpg

disneyland024.jpg

disneyland027.jpg

disneyland025.jpg

We got PLENTY of character interaction because the place was surprisingly empty when we got there. It wasn't until after we got ready to leave, did the place get busy.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

disneyland028.jpg

disneyland029.jpg

Then Tigger and Chip started horsing around and pushing each other out of pictures!

disneyland030.jpg

disneyland032.jpg

The waffles were soo good !

disneyland034.jpg

disneyland033.jpg

more to come, I'm starting to get realllly tired!! Not done yet with the photos from the breakfast if you can believe it! I'll see you all soon!

Wow Jasmine, you're sooooo lucky to get to go to the parks so often. I've been following along with your TRs too, btw. Just kind of lurking in the background. But I also have the email alert thing so I know when you post new stuff. I wish I could go as often as you've gone in the last few months! :goodvibes
I'm still recuperating from my last trip in June...One of these days, I'll get to do a TR... I can't wait to see your photos!:cheer2:

Yay! Pictures! I am going to go through all of it now. But as I was scrolling up to start at the beginnig, I noticed that Patrick was wearing my favorite Mickey/paint shirt - and I must have had a premonition that I would see that shirt in the pictures again because I JUST had a dream about it last night! I think I was wearing the shirt in the dream, but it was definitely that shirt, and I wasn't sure if my dream was telling me that I should wear that shirt on MY DLR trip (which I hadn't planned). Okay, now let me start at the beginning of your TR!

I can't believe you got so many pictures on this trip - you were clever to have started more than one account on Photobucket, though, because otherwise you would be exceeding the bandwidth limit again for sure, you rebel, you!!:lmao:

Wow Jasmine, you're sooooo lucky to get to go to the parks so often. I've been following along with your TRs too, btw. Just kind of lurking in the background. But I also have the email alert thing so I know when you post new stuff. I wish I could go as often as you've gone in the last few months! :goodvibes
I'm still recuperating from my last trip in June...One of these days, I'll get to do a TR... I can't wait to see your photos!:cheer2:

I know! I don't know how I've been able to go to the parks as often as I had. I figure though, I'm paying for the AP, I might as well take advantage of it!!! Thanks!!

Yay! Pictures! I am going to go through all of it now. But as I was scrolling up to start at the beginnig, I noticed that Patrick was wearing my favorite Mickey/paint shirt - and I must have had a premonition that I would see that shirt in the pictures again because I JUST had a dream about it last night! I think I was wearing the shirt in the dream, but it was definitely that shirt, and I wasn't sure if my dream was telling me that I should wear that shirt on MY DLR trip (which I hadn't planned). Okay, now let me start at the beginning of your TR!

I can't believe you got so many pictures on this trip - you were clever to have started more than one account on Photobucket, though, because otherwise you would be exceeding the bandwidth limit again for sure, you rebel, you!!:lmao:

You know whats funny Sherry? They're selling the shirts again, so both Eric & I got one! HAHA. All of these pictures are barely the tip of the iceberg. I have a feeling that I'll either have to have atleast 4 accounts open on photobucket, or I'll have to wait until next month to finish my TR! I know, I'm so rebellious haha :)

...continued

I sooo fell asleep on my laptop because I woke up this morning with all my lights on in my room and my laptop wide open with the battery dead HAHA. Okay, so back to the TR! More breakfast pictures!! We saw Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh and I've never seen him around before!

DSC_0023.jpg

disneyland039.jpg

disneyland041.jpg

disneyland042.jpg

Then Captain Hook came by (Alexandra was TOTALLY afraid, but Patrick, Eric & I were pretty darn excited to see him!).

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Then lastly, Pooh came by one last time before we took off !

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Then we took off and decided to head to Fantasyland. We wanted to get there because the park had only just opened about 20 minutes ago by then and we didn't see a lot of people pass at the rope drop (we had a perfect view of it). Eric's mom thought the castle was beautiful and Alexandra was so in awe when we walked through it. We walked to Peter Pan and saw only 25 minutes! Woo!!

DSC_0030.jpg

Then of course we did some waiting in line pictures haha !

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Oh and the night before, I curled my hair so that when I woke up in the morning, it would be more relaxed. I kept telling them I wanted Demi Lovato hair, so we kept joking around calling me Demi. HAHA.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

With the refurb, the colors are so vibrant! I swear I thought there was a new section added to the ride but I could be completely wrong. Its after Peter fights Hook, and they all get on the ship and Tinkerbell makes it gold with pixie dust. They are on the left and Peter is holding on to the helm. I could be completely wrong though!

Then after, we went to the tea cups.

DSC_0039.jpg

Then, we went on Alice in Wonderland !

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

continued...

...continued

disneyland048.jpg

I like how these pictures turned out because it was like an acid trip in there!

This is at the tea party
DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Then after, we walked through Fantasyland and along toward Frontierland and decided we would go on BTMRR because it really wasn't that long of a wait (about 5 minutes!!!) Its 4th of July, where is everyone?

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Then we headed to Critter Country and decided to go on Winnie the Pooh! I swear, I'm really starting to love that ride! I love he little sentences the CMs use there "please pull down on your honey bars until they get stickity stuck." SO cute.

DSC_0063.jpg

Then after, we went into Pooh's Corner to get some treats!!! I got another Oatmeal Raisin Cookie because I'm SOOO loving them from there now! Patrick got a Tigger Tail and everyone else just looked around.

I noticed these (did not get them though) in the case for the 4th.
DSC_0067.jpg

The girl's loved how cute these are (I got my mom one of those before and she didn't really like the taste).
disneyland049.jpg

Afterward, we walked out toward Adventureland, looked at the wait time for Indie (45 minutes) and decided to skip it for now because we still wanted to go to DCA and get back in time to DL to get on more rides and be able to make it before capacity hit. So we went to DCA.

When we got there, we went to the Hollywood Backlot and and saw Mr. Incredible and Frozone!! AHH!! We didn't really make a fuss over Mr. Incredible, but we LOVE LOVE LOVE Frozone! He's soooooo cool (pun totally intended! HAHA!)

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

We made it to DCA just in time to watch Aladdin, YES!!

DSC_0211.jpg

The girls LOVED it ! I knew they would.

After we headed out to the bathroom and saw Handy Manny out there !

disneyland050.jpg

continued...

...continued

After the musical, we went ToT! The wait was 13 minutes, NOTHING!!

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

I get so pumped up when I go to DLR with Patrick, so all of my faces on this trip are totally intense (as are his!)
DSC_0079.jpg

Then we went in the Animation Building, how could we not?!?!? We had a little bit of time before drawing, so we headed out and went to go on Monster's Inc.

I've always noticed this sign on the way to walking to Monsters and its always made me laugh. I always try to imitate our govenator while reading it.

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

The we went back to draw!

disneyland057.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

They taught us how to draw Mickey Mouse !! yay ! It was so fun. Everyone else weren't very excited about it, but once the session was over, they completely fell in love with drawing characters (so much that we ended up doing 3 more sessions during the whole weekend ... Patrick & I did 5 total because we didn't go back to the hotel to rest AT ALL for the first 2 days!).

After, we watched the zoetrope and went into the Sorceror's Workshop.

disneyland059.jpg

It is sooo cool in there! I spent most of my time looking at the chandeliers and the drawings on the wall.

disneyland061.jpg

In the picture above, I LOVE the Hades part on the wall with the eye following it. SO cool!!

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

Then afterward, we went into Beasts Library and found out what characters we are.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

disneyland062.jpg

We hung out in there for a while because I wanted them to see when the rose falls apart, then blooms again and sparkles fill the room. I love it when that happens!

disneyland065.jpg

disneyland066.jpg

Then we went to Ursula's Grotto and put our voices into movies! That was fun !! After the Animation Building, we headed towards Paradise Pier to get to TSMM.

disneyland069.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

The line was only 25 minutes!!! WOO!!

disneyland070.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

continued...

... continued

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

disneyland070.jpg

disneyland073.jpg

disneyland077.jpg

That ride was SO fun!!! Patrick & I finally unlocked the ship in the Buzz Lightyear section of the ride and threw rings into the mouth of a robot that had different point levels at different times. VERY COOL.

After, we went on Screamin' because the wait time said "aaa." That has to be good if they are so slow, no numbers can express how long the wait is HAHA.

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

Then Alexandra wanted to go on the carousel, so Patrick & Eric went on with her.

Patrick is a SERIOUS JOKESTER.
DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

Then afterwards, we headed towards the front, but not before going on the Maliboomer!! It was just Brenda, Yesenia, and I because no one else wanted to go on it. It was so funny to hear Brenda scream. She was sooo scared HAHA.

Then we went and got fast passes for Grizzly River Run and went to go eat at Taste Pilots Grill. We were all pretty tired because we had already done SO much during that day and it was only about 1:30 pm! Everyone got different things. The girls split meals and some of them got milkshakes. Patrick and I split the bbq chicken sandwich (mmmm) and Eric got the Nachos. SOOO good. For some reason I drank iced tea the WHOLE weekend. It just sounded refreshing the whole time because it was a little bit hot everyday.

After we ate, we had a little bit of time before the FP time, so we decided to go on Soarin'.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Eric got irritated with the line, so he left it and sat with his mom & Alexandra, while we went on. The wait was about 35 minutes. It was good. I'm really starting to like that ride a lot. The girls really liked it too (they've never been on it).

Then the FP times were up! Yay!! We waited about 5 minutes and got on our raft. Eric's mom and Alexandra didn't go on, but watched us as we got soaked! It felt so good because it was so warm.

After the ride, everyone went back to the hotel except Patrick and I. We decided to go to the Animation Building again and we got to draw Minnie Mouse! WOO.

DSC_0117.jpg

After, we hung out in there and watched the big screens. WE LOVE IT IN THERE! Then we got a call from Brenda, Yesenia, and Abby and they were already in DL and were in line for Pirates. So we went over to NOS and met up with them at the exit of Pirates. We took the train to Tomorrowland to have fun over there since we haven't been there yet that day.

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

We decided to go into Innoventions so the girls and Patrick could check it out. We ended up being in the kitchen when one of the CMs showed us how you could put products on the counter and the computer comes up with corresponding recipes for the ingredients. VERY COOL!!!

After, we got a call from Eric and they were heading to Tomorrowland.

disneyland087.jpg

disneyland088.jpg

continued ...

Whoa! I am having SUCH a hard time getting on the DIS and posting this morning. The servers must be jammed up from so many people being on at one time!

Jas, where did you and Eric get the Mickey/paint shirts this time? Are they still being sold at World of Disney or did you see them somewhere else? I really wanted to have an 'extra'. I just got one in October but I like it so much and I tend to wear the shirts that I love to death, so I wanted to have a 'back-up' for when the first one wears out!

Side note: Can you believe my friend is currently on her first-ever trip to New York City, and the HUGE World of Disney store is right there (bigger than the one in DTD), and I cannot get this woman to get me a souvenir? She already went into the M&M's store and didn't get me anything, same with the Hershey store, and now she is within footsteps of the largest Disney store in the world, and I just want a little Statue of Liberty Minnie snowglobe or something! Some friend!

Anyway, back to your TR - let me guess. Are your drawings of the characters better than everyone else's? I bet they are!

As always, I love the Minnie & Friends pictures. So much fun. I swear, if I could convince my friend to pay for TWO character meals in one day - or even in one whole trip - as well as convince her to stay longer than we are planning to stay on my b-day, I would have us at Minnie & Friends in the morning and Goofy's for dinner (even though I really like the Goofy's breakfast much better) that day. I see your photos with Handy Manny and Frozone and all that, and I realize that we skip a lot of characters because the lines are always so long. But it seems like on your trip, the character crowds must not have been too bad. So when I am there in 11 days, I want to make the most of what little time I have and cram in as many character photos as possible! I don't care who it is - I don't even watch Handy Manny, but, heck, I will get in a photo with him! It's my birthday and I'm pulling rank!!!

Am I reading your ticker correctly in that you will be at DLR on October 2? You had better watch out - you may not be able to escape me this time! I am on the fence about a weekend October trip vs. a day trip, but that was one of the weekends I considered because that is when my AP expires. So I may be there FINALLY when you are there - and I will HUNT YOU ALL DOWN!!! I will be able to spot the bungFACE from miles away! You cannot hide!!

... continued

We called Eric and they were hanging out at that middle area that is no longer covered up by walls where the water marble is. They just put trees and a nice sitting area around the ball.

disneyland078.jpg

disneyland081.jpg

We decided to go on BLAB!

DSC_0124.jpg

disneyland085.jpg

disneyland084.jpg

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload-2.jpg

securedownload-3.jpg

Then we went over to Autopia !

disneyland093.jpg

disneyland094.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

We waited about 20 minutes for that, not bad especially since its 4th of July and in the afternoon!! I didn't realize how hard you have to push down on the gas to move. That was hard!!!

Then we walked towards IASW, but decided to go on the Matterhorn before going there because the line was SOOO short! we waited in line for about 15 minutes.

DSC_0131.jpg

disneyland095.jpg

disneyland097.jpg

disneyland096.jpg

disneyland098.jpg

Then we went to IASW! No line again !

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

They loved how manicured the landscape was and how clean everything looked. Alexandra really liked it in the ride!

disneyland099.jpg

We looked at the time and decided to go to Toontown before sitting down and getting a spot for the fireworks. We didn't go on any of the rides in there, but we did walk through a bunch of the houses there. I haven't done that in YEARS, so it was actually a lot of fun. The only downside is it did kind smell like pee everywhere, but I understand that it is the end of the day and there were little kids ALLLL over that place.

disneyland102.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

continued ...

Whoa! I am having SUCH a hard time getting on the DIS and posting this morning. The servers must be jammed up from so many people being on at one time!

Jas, where did you and Eric get the Mickey/paint shirts this time? Are they still being sold at World of Disney or did you see them somewhere else? I really wanted to have an 'extra'. I just got one in October but I like it so much and I tend to wear the shirts that I love to death, so I wanted to have a 'back-up' for when the first one wears out!

Side note: Can you believe my friend is currently on her first-ever trip to New York City, and the HUGE World of Disney store is right there (bigger than the one in DTD), and I cannot get this woman to get me a souvenir? She already went into the M&M's store and didn't get me anything, same with the Hershey store, and now she is within footsteps of the largest Disney store in the world, and I just want a little Statue of Liberty Minnie snowglobe or something! Some friend!

Anyway, back to your TR - let me guess. Are your drawings of the characters better than everyone else's? I bet they are!

As always, I love the Minnie & Friends pictures. So much fun. I swear, if I could convince my friend to pay for TWO character meals in one day - or even in one whole trip - as well as convince her to stay longer than we are planning to stay on my b-day, I would have us at Minnie & Friends in the morning and Goofy's for dinner (even though I really like the Goofy's breakfast much better) that day. I see your photos with Handy Manny and Frozone and all that, and I realize that we skip a lot of characters because the lines are always so long. But it seems like on your trip, the character crowds must not have been too bad. So when I am there in 11 days, I want to make the most of what little time I have and cram in as many character photos as possible! I don't care who it is - I don't even watch Handy Manny, but, heck, I will get in a photo with him! It's my birthday and I'm pulling rank!!!

Am I reading your ticker correctly in that you will be at DLR on October 2? You had better watch out - you may not be able to escape me this time! I am on the fence about a weekend October trip vs. a day trip, but that was one of the weekends I considered because that is when my AP expires. So I may be there FINALLY when you are there - and I will HUNT YOU ALL DOWN!!! I will be able to spot the bungFACE from miles away! You cannot hide!!

You know, I've been having a little bit of trouble on the DIS too. Its sooo laggy, but I figured it could be from all the posts I've done so far. Isn't it crazy how many posts I've done and I'm not even on to the end of the night on the first day! Its crazy!

We got the shirts at the WoD. Patrick was calling us biters the whole time HAHA.

Thats not nice that your friend isn't getting anything for you! Thats rude! That calls for TOTAL bungFACE.

OH & I don't know why the people were so bare on 4th of July by the characters. It was so strange. You should just stop by and take as many photos as possible! It ends up being so fun !

The October trip is kind of in the air, so I think I might be jinxing myself by putting the ticker up. We might be going the weekend after. If we do end up going the weekend of the 2nd, we're totally going to hang out!!! WOOOO!!!! Oh & there will be PLENTY of bung because my cousins from the Memorial Weekend trip will be with us and they love to make bungFACE! HAHA.

... continued

We went through Minnie's House after checking out Goofy's house!

disneyland103.jpg

disneyland105.jpg

disneyland108.jpg

disneyland106.jpg

disneyland104.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

disneyland109.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

disneyland110.jpg

Then we went to Mickey's House!!

disneyland111.jpg

disneyland112.jpg

disneyland113.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

disneyland114.jpg

disneyland116.jpg

disneyland117.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

disneyland118.jpg

disneyland120.jpg

disneyland119.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

continued ...

continued ...

More pictures of Toontown!

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

disneyland125.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Then after we walked through Fantasyland and went through the castle to find a spot to sit for the fireworks. By that time it was already 6:30 pm. People were already sat out by the hub. The closest we got to was to the left of the hub if you're looking at the park coming in. We sat to the right of the Frontierland entrance on Main Street. It was a little crazy, but it wasn't really ridiculous. We all took turns getting up to get dinner. Patrick, Brenda, Abby, and I got gumbo (MMM). I stayed sitting while they went to NOS to get it.

DSC_0169.jpg

gumbo is so good, it induces eyes rolling upward haha !
DSC_0170.jpg

Then when they got back, Yesenia and their mom went to get corn dogs and Eric went to get skewers at Bengal BBQ. After the food, Brenda & Abby went to get ice cream. By the time they got ice cream, the CMs said that they were going to have us stand up soon and move in closer to the castle. That was about an hour before the show started. There was a young family in front of us and for some reason their kids wanted me to be their best friend. They were talking my ear off THE WHOLE TIME! haha. I don't know what it was about this past weekend, but babies were talking to me the WHOLE weekend. I wasn't even seeking them out. It was crazy.

About 45 minutes to the fireworks, they had us stand up and move in closer. I felt like I was in a can of sardines. Good thing I didn't freak out about it or anything.

This was our view
disneyland126.jpg

Oh my goodness, what can I not say about the fireworks. Some people have said that they didn't like the fireworks, but I LOVED THEM. I kept screaming "MAGGIIICCCC!" the whole time. They were tons of fireworks coming from the castle and it made it look like the castle was sparkling with pixie dust. It was beautiful. It started off with native american music and a man speaking of the beginning of our country and then went along to patriotic music. Alexandra is very afraid of fireworks, so Eric's mom kept her hands over her ears and covered her face in her stomach while it went on. WE all loved the fireworks though. They were fantastic.

After they were over, everyone got up and tried to move. There were SOOOO many people on Main Street that it took us 30 minutes to get from where we were (by the entrance of Frontierland) to where the street starts straightening out. Which was about 12 feet! It was crazy. We decided we'd leave DL for the day because the crowds were crazy. It took us an hour to get out of the park and we went to DTD, specifically WoD. BIG mistake.

It was SUUUUUPER packed in there. I had some stuff in my hand to buy, but I was getting so dizzy and irritated that Patrick and I just left the store and sat on the ground outside. We called the rest of them and we took off back to the hotel. It was too crazy by then.

Apparently that day Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony were there and I saw Dave Annable who plays Justin Walker on Brothers & Sisters on ABC with his girlfriend and another friend. It looked really sweet that they were joking around and having a good time without people bothering them.

We got back to the hotel, some of us took showers before bed and then we all conked out like crazy.

WHEW, end of day one!!!!!

Man, do I wish I could go as often as you (and a few others) :worship: But I am completely A-OK with living through your TR's!! And I really feel you on the photo front as far as editing is concerned. I never thought I was going to finish going through the photos I took in March and I only now (like 2 days ago) got the photos that my partner in crime took! And of course now I am minus one laptop and photo editing software program! Argggggg! But it's the price we pay for capturing our memories, huh?

Seeing your photos from Minnie's makes me really wish I could start every single morning off that way! Loving the group of characters you got, and I'm so jealous you got to see Rabbit. Total awesomeness!

I commented earlier but I guess it got lost in internet space. Great trip report as usual. I felt so sorry for Alexandra. She seemed so scared to begin with. I was so happy that she seemed to really start enjoying herself. I think that early breakfast looks like the perfect time. I think next time we are going to do that one instead of Goofy's Kitchen and do it early. Thanks for sharing.

Sherry just reminded me that you have an ongoing report here, and I figured I should check it out. :)

Thats not nice that your friend isn't getting anything for you! Thats rude! That calls for TOTAL bungFACE.

Ew ew ew ew.... I did temp work in '02 for a company that coordinated shipments from train to oceangoing vessel and vice versa, and some of the shipments involved that B word there before "face", and it was going from the meatyards of middle America off to Shanghai, where hubby (who lived and ate in various parts of Asia in his early life) said they were likely for soup purposes.

Ew ew ew ew.

What a first post to have read for me! :rotfl:

Your cousin is Patrick, right? The one with the spiky hair? If so, read on. If not, ignore, b/c this will be stupid. Your pictures with him remind me of hubby's pix with his sister. It's like...boy version and girl version of the same features. :) I actually had to have hubby put away a pic he had of him and his sister b/c they looked SO much alike it started freaking me out. :scared:

"Patrick & I finally unlocked the ship in the Buzz Lightyear section of the ride and threw rings into the mouth of a robot that had different point levels at different times. VERY COOL."

How'd ya do that? I know how to turn the barn upside down, but how do you do THAT???

You guys look like you're having so much fun....

:rotfl: About Patrick singing the Winnie the Pooh theme song. Oh man, I miss that show! Now they just show the lame computer animated version with the little red head girl. :headache:

Eric's sisters and his Mom are sooo cute! :goodvibes Does Eric's family speak a lot of Spanish?

That gumbo looks so good. I never have gotten the gumbo, I just give in and always get the clam chowder.

Can't wait for more!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter