The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

Continued...

So after refreshing at the hotel, we headed back to DCA with Derrik, Heather, Chris, Judith, Eric & I. Chris & Judith went to DTD real quick because on the way in to the resort Chris was being the shenanigan maker he is and hopped the fences around the round-about and totally ripped the back of his shirt! It was hilarious.

So the rest of us went in and shopped around in the stores to the left of the entrance while waiting for them (and a friend of mine who just happened to be at DLR that weekend as well so we could meet up with her). The initial plan was to get on ToT. My friend Rachael, managed to get there before us and called me saying the wait was 70 minutes!!! :scared1: NO WAY. So we met up at Off the Page, my favorite store. We went in there and snooped around.

OH OH OH, the BEST part. So, without me knowing, the new Vinylmation series came out the first day we were there!! GASP!!! By now, I had already purchased 4, hoping to get the mike wazowski one (with no luck by that point). It was so much fun opening them because there is the 3 inch box, and inside it the figure is in a plastic bag that you can't see through. The only way to open it is with scissors and so the CMs were always excited for me whenever I opened a box. It was like Christmas every time I opened a box :)

GAH, back to the TR. So after that we decided to head towards Paradise Pier. It was getting pretty late and the park was going to close soon. We got on Screamin' and Chris & Judith found us. So we went on that ;) After, we looked at the line for TSMM and it was a bit too long to do that and the funwheel (Judith wanted to go on it). So we went to the funwheel. This was the first time for all of us so we didn't know what to expect. Everyone was still really full from our late lunch as ESPN Zone. I started to get pretty nervous about this ride because of the reactions of many people who've been on it. So we waited for about 25 minutes for the ride. They closed the line, so this was the last ride we would go on there.

We get in and everything is pretty good. No scary stuff yet and we're enjoying the view. THENNNN it starts moving. OH MY GOD. Save us. Eric had to throw up the whole time, had the bag out and everything. We were all staring at him the whole time praying to god he wouldn't throw up. I kept saying "babe, don't throw up because you're gonna make me throw up" and Derrik was looking at him and almost throwing up too. It was the grossest ride experience of my life. Luckily, he didn't throw up in the ride, but he did spit a couple of times into the bag. It was FULL of awkward haha. You could have totally done a skit on our experience. If I recorded any of it, it would be awkwardly hilarious. SO after that fun filled experience, we headed out of the park. First Eric went to go throw up at the front bathrooms. EWW.

We let Chris & Judith go ahead of us to DL. We were aiming to do the Matterhorn at night, but we were in no position to do that anymore by the time we left. So, Derrik, Heather, Eric & I went to Main Street and looked around the shops. After about say 15 minutes, we went out to the tram and headed back to the hotel. STOMACH ACHES all around. Eric kept apologizing, but we kept saying it was fine. We went to bed around 11ish and Chris & Judith didn't get back until about 1 am.

Oh gosh how awkward. You poor guys. I understand totally.

Ok ok, I guess I will pass on the barfwheel next week. Silly that such a simple ride makes so many people sick. Sorry Eric!

Looks like you guys had another awesome character meal! You guys must be really rowdy to attract all that attention ;)

LAST DAY!

I'm trying to get this TR done because Kaycee & I are going to DLR this friday! So here I go!

So I woke pretty much on time and took a shower and let everyone sleep while I did it. I shared a room with Eric, Derrik & Heather. So we all kind of woke up and got ready together. Chris & Judith slept on the pull out couch in the living room and Mike & Tessa got the master bedroom. So by the time we got ready the other four were still asleep and said we could go ahead of them. Soo, we went to Main Street and stopped by Blue Ribbon and got some coffee/juice and pastries. Before leaving Main Street, we walked into Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and watched a man make waffle cones. He had towel sleeves on to protect his forearms. So extreme! It smelled fantastic in there :)

DSC_0070.jpg

Then we slowly made our way to Space Mountain and everyone met up with us. We totally took pictures in line again haha !

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

This photo is the extremes of bungFACE : ANGRY vs. SAD
DSC_0084.jpg

Disneylandmay09160.jpg

Disneylandmay09162.jpg

Disneylandmay09164.jpg

Disneylandmay09165.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Then we walked across the hub and headed towards Splash to get FPs!

Disneylandmay09170.jpg

People were pretty hungry, so after we went to the Hungry Bear Restaurant and got some food while Derrik & Eric were "busy" looking at stuff when they really got ears for Heather. While we were eating a ferrell cat hung out around my feet. Some lady tried to pick it up, but it totally freaked out. Why would she even attempt to do that? Crazy woman.

I got really excited when I ate my kids meal because it came with a color changing straw and the packaging for the kids meal was designed very nicely ! I enjoyed it completely. We still had a little time, so we went on Winnie the Pooh. I really enjoy that ride! Its so cute !!!

Then we went into Pooh's Corner and got some caramel/jalapeno popcorn (pretty good!), tiger butter (mmm), oatmeal raisin cookie (which I ate when I got home and enjoyed till the very end, so I think I'm going to get another this friday), tigger tails (of course), and I got some trail mix because I love the Chip & Dale nature's trail mix. So good! We still had some time to kill before the FP time, so we went to NOS to shop around.

We caught up with my friend Rachael over there because she just got done eating at Club 33!! GAHH!! Her Friend Martha O'Brien wrote a poem for Walt Disney when she was 17 and its on their site! Check it out!

So she's a permanent Disney VIP. She gets into Club 33 whenever she wants. SOO jealous. She said that if I was to plan a DLR trip with Rachael she might be able to get us in. So coooool.

So then after, we went to Pieces of Eight and I saw more Vinylmations. So I got one. The CMs were pretty excited again to see me open it, all of us were in the shop while I was opening and OMG !!! I jumped up and down and yelled! My best friend:
DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

Then after, we went to the Pirates Lair and made some more shenanigans!

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

continued...

Oh gosh how awkward. You poor guys. I understand totally.

It was! When I think back on it now though, its really funny ;)

Ok ok, I guess I will pass on the barfwheel next week. Silly that such a simple ride makes so many people sick. Sorry Eric!

Looks like you guys had another awesome character meal! You guys must be really rowdy to attract all that attention ;)

Thats what I thought too until I went on it! BIG mistake! HAHA. Oh well :)

We're pretty much are really rowdy (its a strong family characteristic, its just unavoidable HAHA). Its really fun in there when you're like that haha !!

continued...

Oh wait, sorry, rewind. Here's pics of us in line for Winnie the Pooh!

Disneylandmay09171.jpg

Disneylandmay09175.jpg

Disneylandmay09172.jpg

Disneylandmay09179.jpg

Disneylandmay09174.jpg

Disneylandmay09180.jpg

Disneylandmay09181.jpg

Disneylandmay09183.jpg

Disneylandmay09184.jpg

Okay! So here's back to us at the Pirate Lair!

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

... continued

continued...

more pictures! SORRY.

Disneylandmay09187.jpg

Disneylandmay09188.jpg

Disneylandmay09189.jpg

Disneylandmay09190.jpg

Disneylandmay09191.jpg

Disneylandmay09199.jpg

Disneylandmay09200.jpg

Disneylandmay09202.jpg

Okay, so this is my FAVORITE example of bungFACE. Its just too good. Its like a little kid bungFACE on an adult haha!
Disneylandmay09204.jpg

Disneylandmay09210.jpg

So after, we finally headed back to Splash since the time was up to go! WOO!! So, the line was originally an hour! We waited about 15 minutes! YEAAAH :)

So we split up in two logs. The first was Derrik, Eric, Mike, and Tessa. Ours was Chris, Judith, Heather, and I. It was so fun. I was yelling, but losing my voice half of the time. Whenever I ride with Chris, I always lose my voice! HAHA.

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

Everyone was pretty much dry except Derrik haha! He NEVER gets wet on rides, so it was coming to him.

Disneylandmay09216.jpg

So, after, we headed out of the park to DCA. Mike & Tessa went back to the hotel and last minute before we decided to head into DCA, Judith said she was going to go back to the hotel as well and chill. BOO :( OH well. So we went to the Animation building so they could go in there for the first time (Derrik & Chris). We spent like an hour in there (I could spend ten times more !!). First we checked out the zoetrope, which they loved! Then we went to learn how to draw Daisy duck. Mine turned out pretttty good :) I have it hung up in my room!

(if you notice on the left hand corner, its a picture of us as kids, i'm on the right with the pink, Kaycee is below me in the sun dress, and her brother Patrick (TheAXIOM) is to the left of her with the red cap on)
DSC_0221.jpg

Then we went into the sorcerer's workshop! They LOOOVED THAT. We stayed in the Beast's library for a while figuring out who was who depending on if they were bad or good. Then we went to Ursula's Grotto. OMG. We were dying of laughter. We were making our voices so extreme and people were gathering behind us just to watch us cracking up. I fell on the floor lik 3 times and my voice was almost completely gone by then too! HAHA. SOOO FUNNY. After, we went on Monster's :) I love it there!

We decided to head back to the hotel to freshen up but before, we headed to get corn dogs over at Corn Dog Castle. MMM. Good. When we got back to the hotel, Mike was marinating meat and got a bunch of stuff at the grocery store to cook dinner for everyone. It was so nice, we weren't even expecting that! He forgot a couple of things, so Heather and I headed to Vons so we could at least contribute something. Meanwhile, all the guys (except Mike), went to the arcade. Judith & Tessa watched the Food Network and Mike was down by the pool grilling (they had really nice grills by the pool!!!).

When we got back, we cut stuff up (we were going to have tacos). Then i took some pics of the view from the balcony. We had a great view of the deathtrap funwheel! HAHA.

DSC_0134.jpg

Time passed by REALLY fast, and by the time we knew it, it was cutting it really close to go and try to catch the fireworks. We still had not eaten dinner yet, but Mike said they would wait for us to get back to eat. I felt so bad. Its kind of messed up that we wouldn't wait, so we turned around in the hallway and went back to the hotel to eat. Heather was kind of pissed about that, but it would be totally messed up to not eat with them. We ended up watching the fireworks from the balcony. It was nice to see them from far away. After dinner, we went to Disneyland to get on some rides. Everything was pretty packed. We ended up only going on BTMRR. We spent the rest of the time in Main Street. Heather got ice cream and we looked around in the shops!

When we got back to the hotel, Chris & Judith left for home. It was super late, but they said they would be cool.

Monday morning!

So we packed up and left the hotel and said goodbye to Mike & Tessa.

I'm tired in the morningsss.

Disneylandmay09217.jpg

Here's the hotel first before we head on.

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

Derrik, Eric, Heather, and I went to IHOP to get some breakfast. After we walked across the street to DTD to do some shopping before taking off.

We went to WoD first and got some stuff. I think I'm going to take pics of all the stuff I got so I can show you!

But for now, I took some pics in the store because I really love the stuff in there!

I loooved this tree that was on display. It was around the new Green stuff they started selling.

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

This is above the room where all the collectables are!
DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Then we went to Vault 28

Disneylandmay09232.jpg

Disneylandmay09233.jpg

Disneylandmay09234.jpg

We also stopped by Marcelline's to see the sweets. Then we went home! But not without stopping by Sonic in Gilroy :)

Whew! That was exhausting!

Okay, so now with that out of the way, I have a day trip that is THIS Friday! I know, crazy right? I'm hoping everything works out because I'm pretty excited about it. The only thing that might delay the day trip is whether or not Kaycee can get a flight out here on Thursday night. See, she flies stand-by because her step-dad works for an airline. The numbers don't look so great, so she's going to drive farther from her house to another airport to see if it will be better over there. Hopefully it will.

There was a thread I saw today that kind of FREAKED me out. Here it is. I'm aware that it is summer and that DLR is going to be busy, but I wasn't expecting it to be this busy SOO soon. Oh well. So, with that being said, we don't have a full day at DLR on Friday. We have to leave around 5:45 p.m. to get to Kaycee's dad's house and depending on when we get to DLR on friday who knows how long we'll have there. So, we kind of planned on the things we wanted to do when we got there. We already know that the major E ticket stuff is going to be busy and we're not really aiming for any one in particular, so we're fine on that. Pretty much this is the main things we're aiming to see:

DLR:

- Innoventions
- Peter Pan
- IASW
- Winnie the Pooh
- Pooh's Corner
- HM
- BTMRR

DCA:

- Monster's Inc.
- Animation Building (mainly drawing at least 3 characters)
- TSMM

Thats pretty much it. I'm hoping that we can get those done, but if the crowds are going to be ridiculous, its alright. We're going to be there in July as well, so we're okay with not doing everything. I am hoping though, to get one more of the new Vinylmation 3'' figures. I have 6 now (two duplicates).

So, let me give you a little bit of a back story behind the relationship between Kaycee and I. We are cousins, as most of you know. Though we are best friends now, we used to pretty much battle each other when we were younger. It was not until about 4 years ago that we began to get pretty close. Now, I pretty much call her at least twice a day and I get in touch with her more than the cousins that live in the same state as I do. We've been close throughout the years and we've been through a lot together. Let me give you an idea of how close we are through the pictures we've taken together through the years.

img029.jpg

img031.jpg

P1080437.jpg

P1010087.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

DSC08969.jpg

DSC08990.jpg

DSC09089.jpg

DSC00277_2.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

l_951172f8a6d45b27053a170b974b893d.jpg

family-6.jpg

MTOTP-14.jpg

family-49.jpg

famshot-4.jpg

famshot-14.jpg

famshot-46.jpg

famshot-76.jpg

Okay, so that was a picture overload again! Sorry !!

So the main reason we're going down to LA, is for the International Makeup Artists Tradeshow! We're both so excited. We both do makeup as a hobby and if you haven't checked out our Disney Inspired Makeup threat, here it is!

So that's pretty much it for now, for this upcoming trip! Sorry to be dragging on so long on this post!

Oh, the makeup trade show ought to be a real blast. Frankly I am not amazed at how busy the parks are. Hello???? Has anyone thought about how great those deals they are offering are? That's why it's so darn busy. That aside I hope you have a great trip.

Oh, the makeup trade show ought to be a real blast. Frankly I am not amazed at how busy the parks are. Hello???? Has anyone thought about how great those deals they are offering are? That's why it's so darn busy. That aside I hope you have a great trip.

Yeah I know, I was talking to my dad and he brought up a good point as well. People can't afford to go to places around the world, so they are settling to something fun that is close by and DLR is one of those places. thats just the way it is!

Yeah I know, I was talking to my dad and he brought up a good point as well. People can't afford to go to places around the world, so they are settling to something fun that is close by and DLR is one of those places. thats just the way it is!

He's right. Just as a lot of people go camping because it is cheaper.

Somewhat upsetting update !!!

OKAY, so Kaycee might NOT even make it to my city so we can drive to DLR until Friday morning around 8/9 AM and it takes us like 6 hours to get there annndd once we get to LA, its going to be crazy traffic. So, DLR might not even happen at all anymore. I'm SUPER bummed, but whatever. If we can't do it, we can't do it. BOO :(

Somewhat upsetting update !!!

OKAY, so Kaycee might NOT even make it to my city so we can drive to DLR until Friday morning around 8/9 AM and it takes us like 6 hours to get there annndd once we get to LA, its going to be crazy traffic. So, DLR might not even happen at all anymore. I'm SUPER bummed, but whatever. If we can't do it, we can't do it. BOO :(

I'm sorry to hear that. But you guys will have a blast anyway!!

I'm sorry to hear that. But you guys will have a blast anyway!!

Yeah we will anyway.

OKAY, SO UPDATE.

Kaycee couldn't make it on an airplane. So we'll see if we can make it tomorrow morning. Hopefully she's make it tomorrow morning. If anything we'll only make it to Disneyland for 2 hours max.

Yeah we will anyway.

OKAY, SO UPDATE.

Kaycee couldn't make it on an airplane. So we'll see if we can make it tomorrow morning. Hopefully she's make it tomorrow morning. If anything we'll only make it to Disneyland for 2 hours max.

Oh no. That's too bad.

WHEW! I just got back from southern CA (back to northern CA) and it took 8 1/2 hours to get home. GAH. I'm exhausted.

Turns out, we actually DID get to go DLR (in fact we went on Friday & Saturday!!). They were just quickies. Friday was 2 hours and Saturday was 4 1/2 hours :) I'll let you guys know what happened as soon as I get settled back into the house!

WHEW! I just got back from southern CA (back to northern CA) and it took 8 1/2 hours to get home. GAH. I'm exhausted.

Turns out, we actually DID get to go DLR (in fact we went on Friday & Saturday!!). They were just quickies. Friday was 2 hours and Saturday was 4 1/2 hours :) I'll let you guys know what happened as soon as I get settled back into the house!

I'm glad to hear you made it back safely. And that you had fun.

PHEW!!! I've been doing so many things that I haven't had time to come on the DIS!

Here I am now though ;)

SOOO, I got back from the LA road trip with cousin Kaycee (a.k.a. disneyL0VE) a week ago and it was funnnnnnn ! The main reason we were going there for was for IMATS (the International Makeup Artists Trade Show). The beginning of this was a bit hectic because Kaycee could not get on a flight. We were supposed to leave from my house at 4 AM, but I did not pick her up from SFO until 11:30 AM. BOO. Oh well. So, after picking her up, we stopped off at a McDonalds in East Palo Alto (kinda scary), just to eat real quick. Then we headed off!

We stopped at Sonic in Gilroy because thats the closest one to my house and we wanted to get a lot of food for the trek to LA. When we got over the grapevine, we discussed on whether or not we should go to DL just for a little bit and Kaycee called her parents to see if they were going to be busy for a while and they were... so we ended up going to DLR even though I said we weren't. WOOOOO!!

We didn't get to the parking structure until 7:30 PM. Dang LA traffic. So we took the tram to DTD.

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

We had to go to the ticket booths because Kaycee was blocked on friday, so we waited in line (it was pretty fast!). Then we headed to DCA because we only had an hour before it closed.

DSC_0223.jpg

We went into the Animation building and asked what character they were teaching and we caught the last session! Yay!!! (it was Winnie the Pooh). We had about 20 minutes to kill so we went into the Sorcerer's Workshop and checked out what characters we were (we were going to do both evil and good characters, but this creeper was hanging around us and talking to us, so we just left after doing the evil characters). I got Queen of Hearts and Kaycee got the Evil Queen! HAHA.

DSC_0224.jpg

Then we went and learned how to draw our Winnie the Poohs :) After, we went on Monster's Inc. Eric (my fiance) told us about 3 hidden mickeys on that ride and we were on the hunt for them.

1. in HarryHausens the running silhouettes behind the rice paper (one is mickey)
2. one of the purple spots on Sulley is shaped like a mickey and it is on tail end of him on the last Sulley of the ride
3. On the broadcast van after you get disinfected, there is a hidden mickey on the dials

DSC04043.jpg

We saw them all!! WOO :) After that, we went to DL and headed straight to Pooh's Corner to get some treats. I got an oatmeal raisin cookie (my fave from there). I also wanted some tiger butter, but they didn't have any. Boo. I got a cookies and cream one, but I didn't eat it and forgot it in Kaycee's dad's fridge. Kaycee got a peanut butter delight and a sugar cookie.

DSC04044.jpg

DSC04045.jpg

Once we got those, we went to go on Winnie the Pooh. Right when we got to the front of the ride, it shut down. BOO. It took us a while to get into Critter Country because by the time we got into the park, people were jam packed to watch the fireworks and when we walked by the Rivers of America, Fantasmic! was going on. Sooo, we didn't have time for anything else, so we took the train to the front of the park. We went to DTD and went to WoD and then left for my uncles house because we were going to get there late and had to wake up early to get to Pasadena for the show the next day.

continued...

So then on Saturday, we had the big IMATS day. We thought we'd be there all day, but we ended up going to DL after because we were done around 2-3 hours after we got there. We bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, it was pretty bad haha.

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Once we got to DLR, we went to DCA again :)

DSC04051.jpg

We decided to go to get some margaritas and then wait in line for TSMM.

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC04054.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

Kaycee beat me after all my trash talking HAHA!!

So then after, we decided to watch Its Tough to be a Bug. I always get freaked out when I watch that, even though I've seen it a couple of times!

DSC_0251.jpg

OH, but before we went there, we enjoyed the partitions up around all the work going on at the park.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

Then we went to DL. We went to Tomorrowland, ate some food at Pizza Port, and then enjoyed Innoventions.

DSC_0260.jpg

On the way out, we bought some vinylmations at the Emporium! Kaycee got the mystery one !!

DSC_0265.jpg

Thats pretty much it for our short trip to DLR. I'm going again this weekend for 4th of July, so we'll see how much we can get done then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter