The Two Really Old(ish) Happyhaunts Go South. Alone... But With ECVs!

Tuesday July 14th aka the pics did not turn out as planned. AGAIN. So let's just continue on...

We returned "home" to Boardwalk Villas. And got all spruced up for dinner. We did not bring our stolen barge towels back from Typhoon Lagoon but I expect they all end up in the same laundry pile. Somewhere. Just as in the happyhaunt household... we end up with very random loads which can include some of my clothes, some of Calvin's, dish towels, the front door mat, volleyball kneepad (just one), plus someone's friend's hoodie. And, once, two tennis balls. For whatever reason.

But... those darn balls caused the washer to go all nutz and hop across the laundry room. All by itself. Making the dog. Poop in the hall. She has anxiety too. A lil bit.

Here I am again on track...

We got all prettiedish up and headed to the Boardwalk to wander and enjoy. It was a beautiful evening and we were pretty happy. Well I was... again. The horror of the morning was all gone. Ish. And had got word that The General was fine. So we were ready to party. Like wild men.

Until I noticed that all the funny distorted mirrors were magically GONE. From the Boardwalk!!!! HOW. can. that. BE???? Those silli mirrors were minutes upon minutes... like a lot a lot of fun... for the happyhaunts. In the past. We would take turns dancing in front of them like short, fat errrrrr... uhhhmmmm... Midgets???? Or Leprachauns? Dwarfs???

politically correct Me(l)...think politically correct here...

Got it.

Those blessed with... lack of stature. And blessed with tiny roundness.

Whew.

It made us laugh because we are the opposite. We're all (except for me) abnormally tall large freaks.

Ohhhh... so maybe it was the carny side show aspect of the mirrors which made the all knowing Disney Heads remove them? What is wrong? with this world?

Anyways. I was so sad to see them gone. I remember one dance of Mellyman's that made me pee my pants. A tiny bit. He did some weird, squatting, bouncing, thrusting move that was so horribly terribly funny that I briefly, for a second, lost consciousness laughing and recalled a past life. Experience.

Which I don't believe in. But... that tells you how good his move was.

When I noticed the mirrors were gone I let Mellyman know. And he looked around and around and around.

Then back at me... with HORROR and sadness in his eyes.

Yes. Gone.

He shook his head. And looked disgusted. In fact the last time I had seen such a look was quite recently when I proved to Calvin that I could indeed twerk. Real real good. (just like his father... before it even became popular. He's all Twerk Daddy. heh heh)

Calvin had the same look of upset and horror. Disgust. Only... he also put his hands over his eyes and in a high pitched voice screamed: "MOMS DON'T TWERK!"!!!!!

Well. I guess. I'm just not a regular mom. Sorry kidz.

Then we walked around a bit and took pictures of stuff and enjoyed the evening. Until it was time to check in for our ADR at Flying Fish. OHHHHHH so excited so excited.

We got ushered in instantly and sat a nice table for two. Which is not so nice for Mellyman. He prefers a larger table. It's because he's fat.

I was fine with it tho.

Our nice server gentleman came over and chatted and we ordered a beer for Mellyman which I prayed he would like. He's so princess and the pee with beer.

I ordered a magically expensive glass of champagne.

Our drinks came. Mellyman approved. And I tasted my bubbly.

Yum. Gone.

I hate that. Why can't you get a pint of champagne????? anywhere.

Then we ordered. Another glass of wine for me. Regular white. Bigger amount. The cheese plate, the mussels, the char crusted steak with the sauce on the side for Me(l). And the special thingie feature which was a swordfish steak with some other sea creatures on top. For Mellyman who loves swordfish but I cannot cannot cannot. Thanks so so so much Anthony Bourdain. However... I still LOVE YOU! And your parts unknown.

Heh heh.

Drop the ridiculous cowboy boots tho. Hint of a mint. there. For the smokin'.

The cheese plate. The mussels... were wonderful! Any Mellyman is a true gentleman as he takes them all out of their shells for Me(l). Right away so that I can enjoy them without the mess and frustration.

He's the bomb!

There was this amazing cheese which I cannot remember the name on the cheese board but had a coffee flavoured crust but was like a brie in texture. OHHH it was so good. And there was honeycomb and raisins on the vine and some phyllo thingie. It was all great. So were our entrees. Perfect.

So.

I'm gonna Rusty Scupper-up some reviews of our dinner for you.

Flying Fish Review dated 7/14/15:

1. The reviews are from myself and Mr.haunt
2. Just our opinions.
3. Will be revised in the next 6 months.
4. Comes after 3.

Food quality: 4.5 very good.
Food quantity: 4 substantial.
Ambience: 2 very loud. Bright.
Server: 5 perfect.
Value: 4 pretty good.
Bathrooms: -2 negative ridiculous location. Stupid.
Overall rating: 4 almost Fuddworthy. Almost.

We took my leftover half of a steak to go. It was the best steak I had in a loooonnnngggg time. But I was too full. I ate too much bread with the sauce amazing pesto cream sauce from the mussels.

sad.

And we paid plus tipped handsomely. Using our TIW card. It does it automatically btw. And headed back to our villa to put the beautiful steak in our fridge for later.

What shall we do? What shall we do???

Oh drink more!!!!!

Yessssss! Good idea Mellyman!!!

We went to The Belle Vue Room.

Magically close to us. And sat down in these big comfy chairs in the back of the bar area. And it wasn't busy just a few people sitting at the bar itself and waited and waited and waited. For service.

Finally Mellyman got irritated and interrupted the bartender's conversation with said people at the bar with "Anytime my chap. ANY TIME."

Because Mellyman is threateningly large in stature, he came over right away and we ordered. I got a Magical Star with GLOW CUBE WEEEEEE!!!

Mellyman got something. Else. Boring else.

We enjoyed our drinks and chatted about our fabulous dinner and avoided all mention of the horror show of the morning.

I don't think he had the energy to be honest. Me either.

Then we had a second round. Even better.

Then we asked for our bill and I gave the bartender my TIW card. He brought the bill and Mellyman paid. He went away.

He came back.

He told us that just for our information the person who the TIW card belongs to (Me(l)) is supposed to be the person to pay the bill. And proceeded to give us some weird sort of info-lecture about the whole process.

Oh. Thanksyou. Guy.

So... I asked him if he had ever heard of The Disboards? And he stopped for a second and said "ummm no. why?"

I told him that I knew I recognized him from a thread there about how rulesy CMs can be.

He walked away.

Mellyman said that I was kinda mean and I laughed.

And then I went back up to the bartender and asked if I could have a third and fourth glow cube because I have four kids.

Done. But not happily on his part. heh heh.

Then we retired back to our room and I was so tired so so tired from the lack of sleep over the last couple of days, the panic attack, all the food... and I was a little BBUZed too. TBH.

All I wanted was to crawl into my coffin. cross my hands over my chest and sleep like the dead. And enjoy a perfect nights rest.

Mellyman did too.

SPOILER: He did NOT.

Cheers, Mel

Editing: Hi Silli!!!! What a pretty hedgehog!!!!!

Between ZZUB's reply and your latest update...DED. I was snaughing (snorting + laughing) so loudly that family members had to come check up on me (apparently my snaughing sounds a little like crying).

Much needed! Carry on!

EDIT: Did have to add...same thing happened in my house re: the twerking. Although it was my daughter and she said the image was burned into her brain and I scarred her for life.

Hey there!

I know I am a lazy Mel. But... I just replied to a few "Conversations". Ok. I am just fully on duty these days and it takes Me(l) a while to get back.

Please don't hate me. And also thanks for harassing me, privately, on a one on one basis. Nods.

Again... don't hate Me(l)

Hate ZZUB.

He's all good in the afterlife. So... mess this one life up for him. Please. And thank you!!! There will be ice cream treats for those that do!!!!!

Be back tomorrow... to respond to all the comments that I haven't yet thus far. Thank you for them tho. Lotsly. And Silli and RedHatLady for likes. If I missed any likes...well... I liked them as well. Just can't remember right now.

Cheers, Mel.

Please edit this: ROLL TIDE NM!!! YEAHHH BABYBEE!!!!

Wait. YOU got the steak? Not him? Based on your meat-obsessed Mr. Haunt stories, I don't understand that. Please tell me he didn't get seafood sick that night. I don't like the foreshadowing above, and if it's seafood sick, I may have to skip your next chapter. Because it might be too much. Bad imagery. Causing WAVEs of nausea (DED, btw).

Kimmie! I can't believe you went there (Hero...NOcaitlyn?!). That was a ZZUB-worthy comment. In a bad taste kinda way. But still funny. A little. But don't tell my kids I sad so.

Love the pictures Mel! I'm not sure how you did that "gallery" effect (nor, I suspect, are you), but I liked it! Nice way to show a bunch of shots without taking up a whole page of the thread. Which is especially nice if you get one of those posters who like to quote THE.ENTIRE.POST. NOFrick, who can't quote at all.

Don't hate me, but I have just wispy memories of the fun mirrors on the Boardwalk. Sorry they are gone if they were so important to you. As long as Jellyrolls doesn't go anywhere, I'm good. And Flying Fish, too. Oh. And I am BORG with you on the ridiculous bathroom sitch at FF. Sharing one facility between two restaurants, a candy/ice cream store, a CS pizza joint, and a public walkway? There's gotta be a better way to save plumbing expenses. :sad2:

Speaking of plumbing expenses....do you really want that salmonella story? Because it could get some peeps really offended. Like family peeps. Who love chicken wings. Plus I don't think I want to hijack this awesome TR with my own drama. Let's hear about Mellyman's night and then I'll decide if my story is relatable.

Edited to add: RIP Lord John Marbury. Who despite appearances, did have lucid moments. NOZ

"Having been educated at Cambridge and the Sorbonne, I am, as you know, exceedingly stupid." Lord John Marbury, owner of one of the best lines it's nearly impossible to use.

As hard as it is for me to admit, most people don't equate Alabama with Cambridge. Although they should.

Mel's Trip Report in brief:

They went to Walmart.

They ate cheese.

People got sick.

No one died. NOLordJohnMarbury, Leo, Sen. Stackhouse, Or HRC's dreams of a coronation.

No rides were ridden.

They ate more cheese.

Boredom consumed dozens of us and we dreamed of better Trip Reports (blush!).

Thanks for mutton!

:moped:

Edit to add: headline on Foxnews.com (big surprise, I read that site), "Lohan drugged and naked." To which I thought, again?!

Hello my lovely fiends!!!!

Some replies from Me(l):

Mel(l):
You made me laff rightly hard there. With your foreshadowing of your magically extended family vacation. lol. (or "CHICKEN FART" for a dear friend whose kidz screwed with her phone and can only respond "chicken fart"... instead of LOL. LOOOLLOOLLLOLLOOL. It kills me tbh. that's: "chickenfartchickenfartchickenfart" BTW. DED)

What I'm saying here is this: Enjoy!!! Cause I have a bunch of extended family members I would sooner kill than see again. lol chicken fart. That's not true tho. At all. Family can be trying at times. But... it's great memories of fun too. Way way way after the fact. So cheers. Soldier on. As The General would advise.

Funny that you remembered the Snake Incident. good. And... do the FUDD. And enjoy my inappropriateness (?). I'm the FULL package. NODonkeyTeeth. Chicken fart.

KPK89: Kimmies!!!! Hey hey again. Those folks in the pics are indeed the happyhaunts. So there. Glad you are all good now. And roll tide for that.

49 tries??????

Bless you.

erinyella: Welcome back!

Wavey guys!!!! Wavey guys!!!! Not... Windy guys!!!!

Try to pay attention to Me(l). Sheesh.

Mr. Silli: Loved the pic of the Princess. So VERY silli. Laughed hard. NOD.

Missy Magnolia: Borg! Baybee. ON the SNAUGHING!!! I. 2. Am a snorter. When I laff. This is what I have learned from my life experience:

Men...seem to love it. They think it's all cute. And immediately remark upon it. They don't realize it can't be controlled. Or unlearned. Like scream sneezing. Which I also do. Anyhow. The snort laff pretty much sealed the deal between me and Mellyman. Seems he can like it. A lot.

However... the scream sneeze has almost got us to couple's counseling. On a few occasions. It messes with his mellow.

Ashypoo:

Borg Flying Fish bathrooms. So So borg.

And...

Chicken wings.

Hummmmmmm. Hummmmm.

Heh heh.

Solved it. Here now.

'Ohana. 'Ohana.

OHHHHHHHH HANNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA!!!! My home and native land!

Beloved, beloved 'OHANA. Belovedbysomany.

You know what u just did there? Gots urself put on global ignore...like...globally.

Why don't you just lift your leg on Mickey Mouse the next time you see him? It would be less offensive.

I hate to quote The Lord of the Idiots. Normally. But... when he's on point...he's on point.

Now then. You don't have to share the story if it will upset anyone. Cause we alllllll know. We KNOW.

Heh heh.

Chicken fart

POOKIE: Please tell me you didn't need to nap outta boredom. Please. You're my fiend. Not ZZUB's!!!!

ZZUB: Bite me!

Cheers, Mel.

Edit: Thanks for nuttin? Mutton?

I prefer putting lipstick on a pig (NObattles)

And MUTTON...is quite tasty. Cooked properlyish. Ask SHER.

Who seems to have been peed off or frightened away.

By the sheer force of my lovemean.

They ate cheese.

They ate more cheese.

I feel that was an attempt to critique that swung and missed. If someone were to write a trip report that was merely an account of delightful cheeses, I'd be so in. In fact, I think if I do another Dis TR, cheese really ought to be the prime focus. The Stilton at the Tea Room in the Grand Floridian alone is worth several paragraphs.

Hello my lovely fiends!!!!

POOKIE: Please tell me you didn't need to nap outta boredom. Please. You're my fiend. Not ZZUB's!!!!

I should have been more clear: I was at work. So... out of boredom. But not because of your TR.

:bored:

(I just wanted to use that smiley. It has nothing to do with anything.)

Mr. Silli!: You MUST write that cheese trippie. I will be your biggest fan. Cause... I really do put Cheese as number 1. foodstuff in my life. Followed by 2. Bread and 3. Mayo and all it's spin-offs. Aioli's. Caper-based tartars. And the newest fad... sririacha stuffs. So HOT!!!! ( Cheese is sexyish tho above all. NOGarySinise). And 4. hogdogs lol (that's Me(l)) 5. CO-ACK-A-COLA!!!! Not diet. Diet is for people who have altered taste buds and loss of brain cells. Thanks to Diet Coke.

FWIW. My favourite cheese is ALSO... Stilton. The most bold and brave of cheeses. Paired with walnuts. Then... everything else. Swiss is up there. Smoked cheeses and really really aged cheddars. Lately I've been into a lovely horseradish cheddar. It's nice. Oh and that coffee brie was amazing at Flying Fish. Gotta find out what that was. On the other end of the spectrum. I enjoy Babybels. When just systematically gnawing thru round after round on the Dis Dining Reports When the mood strikes me. Laughing Cow. On toast. And Velvetta dogcheese. On an English muffin. Watching Anthony Bourdain eat goose entrails. Late at night. (Best IN Show, Christopher G...I am YOU right now. Without the drooly dog and the nuts. My dog is a dry dog.)

Have you had cotija(?)????? So lovely.

Well then. You better like this crap here SILLI... cause no one else will. Guaranteed.

I feel like we bonded tho. So all is good. And my response was WAY longer. Smoke'd ya! NOPrincess.

POOKIE! I. Am. So. Glad. You cleared that up.

Whew.

I thot that I just bored a newb. NOOB?????? Whatever.

I am ok boring my old peeps. They're used to it.

BTW...that smiley guy. Is MEL!!! Playing PONG!!!!

Which I still haven't mastered. 30 years in.

Said. So said. There sad it.

Cheers, Mel.

Please wait-it: I got some trippie to do tonight. After dishes and laundry. Obviously.

Also...I like soup. Mellyman and Me(l). We both love soup.

Wednesday July 15th aka Day 4 aka The Hippo ATTACKS!

So... both happyhaunts retired to their coffins for the evening. Around midnight. Idk about Mellyman but I was asleep like the minute I hit the pillow. Prolly knocked some Donkey Teeth imprints into it too. Definitely... drooled some. I was so tired. So don't judge. Then, I magically, unhappily awoke. To sounds of partying. Massive loud music and yelling voices, partying.

Whatthe****????? It's 2:20am????

Didn't we just leave Beth and Alex and their friends behind????? Why can I hear our basement? Thru the vents? Like on a Saturday nite????

Geez. This is louder tho. WAAAAAYYYYY louder.

I twisted and turned and tried to go back to sleep.

But... I couldn't because I heard the ominous noises of a ver-ver-verrrrrry agitated HIPPO. He was breathing all mad and bouncing the bed.

I stayed still and was afraid. Of being elbowed in the eyeball by accident. Again.

Suddenly, the bed shifted and I was dropped down about four inches. Down.

Heard him run thru the villa. Which was brief and deadly... in a short distance. Like an alligator runs.

He whipped open the door, the adjoining door, that separated our villa from the neighbour's.

And started pounding with all his might on their door and yelling. Deeply in the deepest, loudest manly man voice imaginable... and pounding and yelling...

"SHUT THE **** UP! SHUT IT!!!!! SHUT!!!! IT!!!!"

Oh lord.

The HIPPO was in fine form. And magically strengthened and blessed by sheer rage and adrenaline.

What happened next is pretty funny to Me(l).

No one else tho. lol.

IMMEDIATELY... all... the girls in the room. Started screaming. Not just a singular scream but... like a 6 or 7 seconds prolonged horror movie classic horror movie girl screams.

All together... and they went on and on for like I said 6 or 7 seconds. JUST SCREAMING!!!!

lol.

Then. Dead silence for like a second. Then some young guy yelled "Sorry. Sorry. OK. Sorry." He sounded frightened.

Mellyman slammed the adjoining door and locked it.

Came back to bed.

Flopped down real mad. I bounced back up about four inches.

I said, "Wow. Maybe you didn't need to scare them so bad."

He said, "Mel. Don't. Don't."

So I shut up. I have learned my lesson thru the years. When Mellyman is like this. I need to shut the hell. UP. And not try to be funny or poke. The Hippo.

Learned it the hard hard way lol.

I rolled over and went immediately back to sleep.

Shortly I awoke again to the noises of more partying.

Mellyman whipped outta bed and grabbed the phone. Called the front desk and was magically directed to security. Guys whatever.

I listened to his rage about the noise and the time and what the HELL is that???? And they better fix it right away. Or he would...

Send his wife over to do it.

lol.

That's not true. But, tbh, usually I'm more the Mack truck in your face than Mellyman.

He's shy. ER. Than Me(l).

NOT THIS TIME. Mellyman was having a full on rage.

It was cute cause he had his mad face on. Total loss of lips. And mad eyes. Which... I actually love. So does Calvin... who can imitate it perfectly. To the "T". To all the happyhaunts amusement. Except Mellyman. It's because Calvin basically shares the same face of his father. His maxi-me. They have similar expressions and faces. Cool but weird. And he can do Mellyman's voice too. Perfectly. We LOVE it.

In about 5 to 10 minutes. LONG MINUTES. With me being very quiet and not saying anything... because like I said before: unpredictable and dangerous in bed. When enraged.

I heard knocking at our neighbour's door. The party kidz were about to be busted.

Magically, with Mickey's foot to their asp.

And yes they were. Voices. Music shut off and more voices. Door shut firmly.

Neighbours silent. For the rest of the night. Yay baybee!

I turned over and went back to sleep.

Looking forward to the morning. Was gonna be a good day at BLIZZARD BEACH!

SUCK IT TYPHOON LAGOON!!!! Disney Water Parks can't keep Me(l) DOWN!!!!

I'm a Canadian after all. And the cold doesn't bother me anyway.

Cheers, Mel.

editish: Spoiler: Aparently the noise bothers Mellyman tho. And he did not return to sleepyville.

I love a beautiful Magical Star! They make me happy because they are so darn cute! My favorite drink ever is at FF, the blood orange Margarita!!! I could use one right about now. Sigh

I will see my boo, Ash, in a few weeks. I'm going to ask her to teach me how to quote your beautifully scripted words and Zzub's trailer park comment! I'm sorry but it made me OLO!!! I'm also going to get her to teach me how to do the stanky leg before we go to Jelly Rolls.

Love your updates Mel! I get a kick out of how you can go from a near death experience to looking so hot and throwing down drinks that night! That a way to rally and not die at Disney!!!!

Edit: maplebreath

I am rolling about the down 4" and up 4"!!!!!!

For the love of Disney why aren't you headed to the MK yet! BB? No park? Did you at least get the donuts???

Edit: Your hippo is making me giggle

Hahahaha! NOT what I expected......much moah bettah then expected. Thank you for the snorts and giggles tonite.
I even visualized this scene...from each participants viewpoint. Oh to be loudly partying.... ;-) Can't do it anymore.

FRICKLES MY LOVELY PICKLES!!!

I know how to pick up my crap!!!!
Frick. And carry on.

I am pretty toughish my friend. I was raised by The General. After. All.

It was like:

"Sorry you let go of your balloon and it flew away. Now pick up your teddy bear and soldier on. Tears are for babies."

in a nutshell. there.

Made me who I am she did. And I love her with all my heart. People need to teach their kids to have some boots. These days.

Maybe... kinda gentle er tho. But.. I am all good. I hope. (NOPanicattack)

Cheers, Mel

edit: MAPLEBREATH????????!!!!! heh heh... OLO... chicken FART!

I kind of love it that Mellyman yelled at the loud middle of the night partiers. I think I probably would have done the same thing.

Does Mr. Mel have a big, fat butt by any chance? 'Cause that's what I'm kinda sorta picturing tfi. You know, Moto Moto like.

And. I would NEVER meet you at the door with something so mundane as skunk meat. No, no, no! For you, I will break out the good chinet (reserved for the best of occasions, like outhouse weddings) and my special-a-tee ~

roadkill pot pie.

With a delicate cream sauce.

And crust.

'Cause it aint no pot pie without no dang crust.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
NOT THIS TIME. Mellyman was having a full on rage.
DED!!

Finally, something in this Ambien-like drivel that makes sense and is HILARIOUS!

Now, we search the Disboards for the story posted by your neighbors complaining about the rude people banging on their door when their sweet little angels were just "too excited to sleep." "It's their vacation!" "They can't help being excited." And, "How dare you tell them to quiet down?"

I find your syntax troubling. Your promiscuous period usage makes me think this was written by a hedgehog. NOSillies. Furthermore, your use of made up abbreviations is racist, sexist, anti-Christian, anti-Semetic, pro-gun, anti-gun, antediluvian (of course), hateful, mean-spirited and moribund. Can you limit your word choice and abbreviations to those in common usage?

And quoting Neil Young is an affront to all southerners. As surely you know.

I'm lost, by the way. Who is Me(l) v. Mel? Are you Me(l) or Mel? It seems you use the terms interchangeably like flammable and non-flammable.

Silly: cheese is good, cheese is fine. It belongs on a burger, a ham sandwich and smothering the crap out of broccoli. NOHollywoodStrangler. Cheese is not, should not be, and is never acceptable as, the basis for a Trip Report. Steak. Cake. Donuts. these are the proper subjects of a Trip Report. Perhaps even a bread pudding. If it's covered in banana foster sauce. But not cheese. This thing has me so backed up, I haven't gone in a week.

Too far?

Frickles: how can you run a successful travel agency (BTW, can I get a discount on my next WDW vacation?), but not figure out how to quote?

Ashclan: I don't know what a "wispy memory" is, but it sounds like you need to back away from the vodka.

Sher: just saw that you posted as I was posting. I can't see you serving up road kill. You strike me more as an "order in" kind of person.

Mel: do you mind if I hijack your cheese-laden Trip Report to respond to people?

:moped:

Edit to add: If someone still talks to GeorgiaAristocat, please tell her I said, "Roll Tide!" What's happened to MasterGracey? That dude was funny as crap.

Hmm. Didn't know crap was funny. It's not, you know. Especially if you have the 'rhoids.

Not that I would know anything about that.

But. I figured you would.

I am not an order in kinda girl. I am actually a eat outer. But. In this backwoods hole I live it, fine dining is Shoneys. Or Subway.

Not kidding.

I do love to cook though, and so does my shiny new bride man. Which you would know too, if we were FB friends.

Which we're not. But then again, I'm selective. About that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter