The Timeshare Store timeline

It took us 11 days. I called on day 9 and 10 and nothing. Day 11 everything was there and ready.

From the day you received the notice from Tile company/Broker of close, or from the day the deed was recorded? I received notice days after the deed was recorded.

I've been told I'll be able to see my account online tomorrow (for now I have a member number but no activation code), so here's my timeline:
Offer: 11/10
Sent for ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 12/3
Closing documents: 1/2
Deed filed: 1/15
Able to book: 1/27
So just over 11 weeks. I will say that if I had not followed up at a few points (sellers took almost two weeks) or waited for member number to mailed, it could have been closer to 13 weeks or so imo. Granted our contract did span over the holidays.

I think that my contract was stalled a bit by the holidays. But it was still fairly quick for us. It would be a bummer to deal with seller that drag their feet.

My contract closed on 1/2. (Held up by sellers needing to send money for closing.) The deed was filed on 1/5 and I called on 1/20 and was able to get my membership # and book. Today I received my letter (dated 1/19) with my membership #. As stressful as the whole process was, I would do it again in a heartbeat when you think of all the money I saved going the resale route!

Just wanted to add a data point regarding The Timeshare Store. I mailed my closing docs with check (I was purchaser) Friday afternoon 1/23. Received an email Tuesday 1/27 acknowledging receipt. I checked the OC Comptroller page today on a lark and guess what, the deed was already recorded! I didn't even think they could schedule closing that quickly. Now for Disney to load my points and I am off to the races! I have 8 days until the 7 month window opens up for my new home resort (these are add on points at BWV). Hoping to secure one additional night in a standard view studio before the it opens up to everybody. Fingers crossed!

I will be using TSS and Magic Vacation Title again for my next add on.

We were very pleased with both as well. 67 days from offer to first reservation. We'll definitely use them for an add-on someday! No complaints here.

Just closed yesterday. Our predicted closing was 2/5, so we are a little ahead of schedule. Now just waiting on Disney to get us our membership info.

:banana:I am so happy right now - have finally booked our first trip as DVC members! It's been a long process and this forum has been excellent so I thought I'd add my timeline:

Offer accepted 11/10
Sent for ROFR 11/18
Passed ROFR 12/9
Closing docs received by us 1/8
Closing docs returned to title company 1/16
Contract Closed 1/22
Deed recorded 1/23
Membership number and first trip booked 2/3!!!!
I called at 10 and 11 days and today they had my membership number and I was able to book over the phone. She wasn't able to get my activation code to log onto the website but I can call for that in a few days and the main thing is that my points were available and I could get booked for our trip in July!

So 85 days from offer to booking. We're in the UK so there were some delays with returning paperwork, and then an issue where we were only able to pay by personal check and so had to wait for this to clear. We passed ROFR in 3 weeks but then had to wait 4 weeks for our closing docs! This was a combination of the holidays and some system issues Disney were having at the time.

I would absolutely do it again :) Although we paid a premium for our BLT contract, it was exactly what we wanted and much cheaper than buying direct!

how many days from returning your closing documents until you usually close? Just got our docs today and plan on returning it tomorrow! Very excited!

how many days from returning your closing documents until you usually close? Just got our docs today and plan on returning it tomorrow! Very excited!

It's fairly quick at that point but remember, it also depends on how quickly the seller returns documents. Sometimes seller documents must be notarized, and sometimes the seller just isn't in as much of a hurry as the buyer.

It's fairly quick at that point but remember, it also depends on how quickly the seller returns documents. Sometimes seller documents must be notarized, and sometimes the seller just isn't in as much of a hurry as the buyer.

Very good point! Well if the return of the sales contract is any indication on how quickly she will return her closing docs we should be in good shape! Our broker commented how quickly we both got it back to him on the day we made our offer. Fingers crossed it is quick!!!!! I am hoping to book a few days as soon as I am in the system!

We made an offer and it was countered and accepted on 12/4/14
Papers signed and check mailed and sent for ROFR on 12/12/14
Passed ROFR on 1/5
Closing documents sent on 1/22
Documents received on 1/26
Deed registered 1/29
Membership number received 2/10
Online access received 2/12

I had to call in to get my membership info. Accounting had my contract and membership number and I was able to book reservations and buy my APs via phone. My club ID wasn't in the system yet though. I called back two days later to get that and setup my online access.

Here's my resale add-on timeline. The broker wasn't The Timeshare Store but the title company was one that they use.

Offer made and accepted 11/24/14
Sent for ROFR 11/25/14
Passed ROFR 12/9/14 (14 days)
Received closing documents 1/5/15 (27 days)
Deed recorded 2/3/15 (29 days)
Points added to my account 2/14/15 (11 days)

Total 82 days. In the grand scheme of things it's not long but the wait for the closing documents and then actual closing was terribly frustrating, especially when others in this thread were having shorter waits.

Used a different broker but here's our timeline
Dec 9th offer made and accepted
Dec 12th sent for ROFR (took a couple days to get contracts sent/signed/emailed back)
Jan 6th passed ROFR
Jan 21st received closing docs (returned 2 days later)
Deed recorded 2/9
In disney system with member # and online access 2/18
Total time from offer to points 71 days (68 days from rofr being sent)

Used a different broker but here's our timeline
Dec 9th offer made and accepted
Dec 12th sent for ROFR (took a couple days to get contracts sent/signed/emailed back)
Jan 6th passed ROFR
Jan 21st received closing docs (returned 2 days later)
Deed recorded 2/9
In disney system with member # and online access 2/18
Total time from offer to points 71 days (68 days from rofr being sent)
When was your closing?

It was supposed to be 2/6. Not sure if technically they closed it that day and recorded it the following Monday with OC comptroller or if they closed it on the 9th and recorded it the same day. We weren't notified until the 11th that the sale had closed and the deed had been recorded/sent to disney for transfer. I was hopeful that when we got the closing documents so early that we would close early but due to other sales the title company was handling (with early closing dates) they were not able to get it done any earlier (I know the seller had their paperwork back pretty quickly as well b/c I had to call the closing company about another matter and was told all the paperwork was in they just had to finish the sales ahead of mine).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter