• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Timeshare Store timeline

I did require a notary and a certified check but I did these at the bank in less than 10 minutes. There was not a requirement for registered or certified mail. From offer to ROFR had taken about 2 weeks but from the time I was informed that it had passed ROFR and everything sent to Disney was about 1 month. I was informed everything was sent to Disney about a week and 1/2 ago and I should be in the system this week. Overall it looks like it took about 7 weeks

Wow, I've never heard of so much being required of the buyer. Was there something different or special about the contract? For the three contracts I've purchased, I think only one closing company required a notary; I just signed and mailed back the other two.

Sounds like Fidelities requirements. It was a relative pain for us to accomplish when purchasing thru them.

Sounds like Fidelities requirements. It was a relative pain for us to accomplish when purchasing thru them.
Two of my purchases this year were through Fidelity. For some reason, each used a different title/closing company. Neither required a notary.

Anyone hearing that estoppel is taking awhile again? I'm going on two weeks and was told they are still waiting.

Anyone hearing that estoppel is taking awhile again? I'm going on two weeks and was told they are still waiting.

We passed ROFR 11/24 and didn't get our closing documents until 12/17. Which isn't awful but feel like forever when you're excited.

We passed ROFR 11/24 and didn't get our closing documents until 12/17. Which isn't awful but feel like forever when you're excited.
thanks! It sure does. I was hoping to be able to book a trip before the end of the year (not that I need to - just want to explore the site). Nice to hear that this isn't unusual. For some reason I was thinking closing docs were being sent in 2 weeks.

10/17/14 submitted for ROFR
11/4/14 passed ROFR
12/3/14 received closing docs and sent cashiers check
12/22/14 nothing else since sending the $ so emailed title co and they said they just received the sellers documents today so they will go ahead and request the updates from Disney to meet the closing deadline of 12/31. Not sure what this means.
1/2/15 deed recorded on comptrollers site

Edit: 1/7/15 received email from title company that deed was recorded and copy sent to dvc with request to complete transfer.
1/16/15 nothing received in mail yet so called dvc accounting dept and got my member number. Had them transfer me to member services and they gave me my pin code and activation code. Went online, entered numbers and my points were loaded and avail to book.

So exactly three months from submit of offer until points avail to book a reservation.

Okay, I can finally post my resale timeline:

Offer made and accepted on 10/30/14
Sent to DVC for ROFR 11/3/14
Passed ROFR on 11/18/14
Closing docs sent to me on 12/10/14
I sent back closing docs on 12/11/14
Confirmation of Doc Arrival and processing 12/17/14
Escrow closed 12/30/14
Deed recorded and info sent to DVC 1/5/15
Transfer of ownership confirmation 1/7/15
Received Member number by mail and activated online account. Points present. First vacation booked. 1/12/15

Total duration 71 days

Okay, I can finally post my resale timeline:

Offer made and accepted on 10/30/14
Sent to DVC for ROFR 11/3/14
Passed ROFR on 11/18/14
Closing docs sent to me on 12/10/14
I sent back closing docs on 12/11/14
Confirmation of Doc Arrival and processing 12/17/14
Escrow closed 12/30/14
Deed recorded and info sent to DVC 1/5/15
Transfer of ownership confirmation 1/7/15
Received Member number by mail and activated online account. Points present. First vacation booked. 1/12/15

Total duration 71 days

That's awesome! My close was held up by the sellers. We needed to wait for them to send money to close. I closed on 1/2/15 and my deed was also recorded on 1/5/15, so hopefully I'll be getting my member number soon!

That's awesome! My close was held up by the sellers. We needed to wait for them to send money to close. I closed on 1/2/15 and my deed was also recorded on 1/5/15, so hopefully I'll be getting my member number soon!

Getting the member number was a lot faster than I thought it would be. I was determined to wait and not call DVC just to see how long it took without intervention. DVC sent me a brief form letter with the number on it telling me that my cards and vacation planner would arrive soon. I called DVC as soon as I had the number and had to wait about 30 minutes. (I don't know if that is normal or just because of heavy Poly purchasing call volume. But the CM was quick to help me with giving me my online credentials and I was in the website in no time.

Getting the member number was a lot faster than I thought it would be. I was determined to wait and not call DVC just to see how long it took without intervention. DVC sent me a brief form letter with the number on it telling me that my cards and vacation planner would arrive soon. I called DVC as soon as I had the number and had to wait about 30 minutes. (I don't know if that is normal or just because of heavy Poly purchasing call volume. But the CM was quick to help me with giving me my online credentials and I was in the website in no time.

I called home, but I haven't received mine yet. Perhaps because yours closed before the New Year. I had a friend check last week, and there are still studios available for the week I want at AKL, SSR and OKW, so I'm not too nervous...yet!!! :confused3

I called home, but I haven't received mine yet. Perhaps because yours closed before the New Year. I had a friend check last week, and there are still studios available for the week I want at AKL, SSR and OKW, so I'm not too nervous...yet!!! :confused3

Good Luck!

I just received notice that our closing documents were filed. I'm really hoping that we are in the dvc system soon...I'm wanting to book 3 trips in 2015.dsnydaddy you're giving me hope that we could be in the system soon :)
Our offer was submitted for ROFR on Nov 12.

Tried calling Member Services last week as I still hadn't received my membership number. (My deed had been filed 1/2/15.) Couldn't get through, probably because of the Poly sales, but did finally have success today. Spoke with a very nice lady in Member Accounting and gave her the contract # that was on my paperwork. It was still in the prior owner's name, and she told me that it could take up to a month to transfer over! When I mentioned that I was trying to book for April, she searched by my name and was able to find a new contract # and gave me my member ID!!! She then transferred me to Member Services and I was able to book my stay! :cool1: Total time from offer being accepted and first vacation booked - 85 days!

Tried calling Member Services last week as I still hadn't received my membership number. (My deed had been filed 1/2/15.) Couldn't get through, probably because of the Poly sales, but did finally have success today. Spoke with a very nice lady in Member Accounting and gave her the contract # that was on my paperwork. It was still in the prior owner's name, and she told me that it could take up to a month to transfer over! When I mentioned that I was trying to book for April, she searched by my name and was able to find a new contract # and gave me my member ID!!! She then transferred me to Member Services and I was able to book my stay! :cool1: Total time from offer being accepted and first vacation booked - 85 days!

Congrats! Bummer that it took that long though.

I'm quickly approaching day 50 and don't even have my closing documents yet. The title company is not very great at communicating and pretty much just said they'd send them over eventually.

It is looking like I'll be joining some of you in the "very long wait" category. :rolleyes2

How long has it taken everyone to receive their member number after closing? From what I've seen online, it's usually 7-10 days? At 7 days I called member services and she said there's no notes on our contract (she acted like that was strange). I checked my email from TSS and it says 12-14 business days. I'm really wanting to book a trip for a Christmas and fear I'm going to miss out on what I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter