• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Timeshare Store timeline

Pumbas

Mouseketeer
Offer made & accepted: 2/16
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/23
Passed ROFR: 3/18
Closing docs: 4/10
Closed: 4/22
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/23
Membership # from Disney: pending, maybe 14-28 days.

Offer made & accepted: 2/16
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/23
Passed ROFR: 3/18
Closing docs: 4/10
Closed: 4/22
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/23
Membership # from Disney: pending, maybe 14-28 days.

I'm on a very similar timeline as you (beginning at ROFR) and I went with Resales DVC (Garden Views Realty).

Me three. I believe we were all in the same ROFR group on 3/18. I closed the week before you though - on 4/15. I don't have my member number yet either.

I called up yesterday. They were dealing with the contracts that closed 4/11.

Hope this helps you

As comparison for us through Timeshare store
Offer made & accepted: 3/7
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 3/11 (4 days)
Passed ROFR: 4/9 (29 days)
Closing docs: 4/25 (16 days)
Closed: 5/2 ?? (This is when its scheduled)
Orange County Comptroller recorded: ??
Membership # from Disney: ??.

Looks like ours went slightly shorter so far, as we started about 3 weeks behind you, and are currently 2 weeks behind you, mostly looks like we got our closing docs a litter faster. I am hopeful everything will be in place by the end of May. :thumbsup2

I hope everyone receives their member # soon. I also hope that these threads help set a realistic expectation on resale timelines & with consideration of which broker to purchase from. When making this purchase, I knew it would take longer than purchasing direct, but never thought it would truly take 3 months, now I am hoping that it does not go to 4 months.

In the long run, I will be happy knowing I saved a lot of money on this purchase. Another thought to consider, is the wait list to buy a DVC direct. An older resort could take longer than a resale purchase, if your desired resort is on the wait list.

I think the title company matters more than the broker. I mean, all the broker does is draw up the initial contract and submit to Disney for ROFR. The estoppel goes to the title company who draw up the deed, collects the money, and closes. The only real difference between companies is if they take a long time to draw up the deed. Personally, I think it too my title company 4 days to send out the final paperwork, while others who received the estoppel the same day got their contracts later that day.

The seller also has the opportunity to delay things by taking a whole to get their paperwork signed, notarized, and mailed in. The buying can be slow mailing in the money. But the broker? I don't see how they can make any difference in the timeline.

I spoke to TSS today regarding my right of first refusal.. today is day 28 for me and they said they only get answers from Disney on Mondays and Tuesdays that would place me at day 34 and 35 for the beginning of next week is there a chance that I could hear during the rest of this week?
Thanks

I spoke to TSS today regarding my right of first refusal.. today is day 28 for me and they said they only get answers from Disney on Mondays and Tuesdays that would place me at day 34 and 35 for the beginning of next week is there a chance that I could hear during the rest of this week?
Thanks

I've seen end-of-the-week notices of ROFR in the main thread dedicated to ROFR prices as recently as last week.

I think the title company matters more than the broker. I mean, all the broker does is draw up the initial contract and submit to Disney for ROFR. The estoppel goes to the title company who draw up the deed, collects the money, and closes. The only real difference between companies is if they take a long time to draw up the deed. Personally, I think it too my title company 4 days to send out the final paperwork, while others who received the estoppel the same day got their contracts later that day. The seller also has the opportunity to delay things by taking a whole to get their paperwork signed, notarized, and mailed in. The buying can be slow mailing in the money. But the broker? I don't see how they can make any difference in the timeline.

I agree however we were not given the choice on title companies. TSS picked my title company for us. I do think that the title company that TSS uses may not be able to support the volume. My experience was similar to yours, in that it took a few days to receive closing docs from when Disney sent them. According to the Fidelity timeline posts, their buyers received closing docs on the same day Disney sent them.

I think the title company matters more than the broker. I mean, all the broker does is draw up the initial contract and submit to Disney for ROFR. The estoppel goes to the title company who draw up the deed, collects the money, and closes. The only real difference between companies is if they take a long time to draw up the deed. Personally, I think it too my title company 4 days to send out the final paperwork, while others who received the estoppel the same day got their contracts later that day. The seller also has the opportunity to delay things by taking a whole to get their paperwork signed, notarized, and mailed in. The buying can be slow mailing in the money. But the broker? I don't see how they can make any difference in the timeline.

I agree but the TSS did not give us the choice in title companies. I can't help but to think if the title company that TSS uses can't support the volume. Then when it came time for the seller to return their docs & a week later no return, I got different responses from title company & realtor.. I think it's too easy for the title company to place blame for the delays on Disney or the seller. After all we really are at their mercy.

maggiegirl---$72-$12960-AKV-Oct-180-19/'12-177/'13-180/'14- sent 03/01 passed 03/26

Closing Docs Received Friday April 11th
Received notification of closing - deed recorded in the OCC - April 29th

Now TTS it can be 14 to 28 days for DVC to have us in their system! Almost there

Here is my timeline:

Offer made, countered & accepted: 2/12
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/18
Passed ROFR: 3/11
Closing docs: 4/02
Closed: 4/14
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/15
Membership # from Disney: Called starting 4/28, was able to get it on 4/30

This is my timeline

Offer made 2/21/14
Went to ROFR 2/25/14
ROFR passed 3/18/14
Closing docs rec'd 4/10/14
Closed and deed recorded 4/23/14

Existing members so

Contract showed on membership 5/2/14
Points in account 5/3/14

Start to finish 10 weeks

Thanks to all who have posted and helped us. Our timeline thru Timeshare Store in the hopes that it helps someone else:

Feb 27 sent to ROFR
March 26 pass ROFR
April 11 closing docs received and returned with check April 12
April 22 closed and recorded on Orange County Comptroller site
May 5 points loaded and reservation made

While it seemed long, in truth it was just over 2 months and we saved $11,000 over buying direct from Disney. Very much worth it for us!!!

Here's our timeline for those wondering:

Offer made/accepted 3/8...
Sent to ROFR on 3/10...
Notified we passed on 4/9...
Received closing docs and sent off Check on 4/23...
Closed & posted to OC register 5/2.

Only waiting for new members number.

As comparison for us through Timeshare store
Closed: 5/2 ?? (This is when its scheduled)
Orange County Comptroller recorded: ??
Membership # from Disney: ??.

So - our closing/deed just registered!
Closed/Deed registered: 5/6 (11 days)
Membership # from Disney: ?

Looks like we are VERY close to Jennasis. Just a few weeks to go!

Here's our timeline for those wondering:

Offer made/accepted 3/8...
Sent to ROFR on 3/10...
Notified we passed on 4/9...
Received closing docs and sent off Check on 4/23...
Closed & posted to OC register 5/2.

Only waiting for new members number.

I've posted this in other places but I figure here's another good place to do so. I'm a new owner (resale) and here is my timeline:

Offer made/accepted 2/24...
Sent to ROFR on 2/25...
Notified we passed on 3/18...
Received closing docs and sent off Check on 4/09...
Closed 4/23...
Posted on OC site 4/24...
Contract transferred to my name (with points loaded) 5/05.

Offer made & accepted: 2/16 Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/23 Passed ROFR: 3/18 Closing docs: 4/10 Closed: 4/22 Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/23
Called member services & received Id: 5/6

11 weeks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter